Are you happy with your current platforms?

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

If you're a console person, do you wish you had a gaming PC? Would you rather have one over your console?

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
Doing just fine with PC/PS3
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

I can't live without a PC but my PS3 gives me joy.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Primordialous

I can't live without a PC but my PS3 gives me joy.

LazySloth718

PS3 seems alright to me judging from the time I've spent playing it at a friend's house. 

But yeah, once you get a taste of PC gaming, you can't go back.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
pc/og xbox/snes/iphone having the time of my life with huge backlogs on each system.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
Not really happy with my platforms, but I have almost all of them (excluding WiiU), so it's not like I have any options left.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
Not really happy with my platforms, but I have almost all of them (excluding WiiU), so it's not like I have any options left.lowe0
That's because you don't really like video games anymore. You're just holding onto a routine that you have done for most of your life and you haven't found ab etter alternative yet.
lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts

as a kid i was a heavy console gamer, i started of with the NES, then the supernintendo, then the playstation and then the playstation 2.    Right around when the playstation 2 came out, my dad actually got a pc that could play games, he was playing this game called warcraft 3.   I was so mesmerized  and fascinated with that game because of so many possibilities in it, that it became all i played for 3 years.   Everything from 1v1 to 4v4 to FFA to custom games like footmen frenzy and dota, to actually making my own custom maps.   Every sunday i'd enter a footmen frenzy tournament with like 70+ players. It was really fun times

From that day on, I never looked back at console gaming.Its extremely inferior to pc gaming. The share amount of mods /community and actual thinking games pc has is light years ahead of console.   

Having better graphics is a bonus. Even if pc didnt have graphics that could match console i'd still be a pc gamer.

When i try to play a console by my friend who is hooked on Call of duty, the gamepad is horrendously bad to use.  The fine control of the keyboard/mouse is leap years ahead.  Its inconceivable for me to go back to console gaming.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#9 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Very happy. I don't have all that much time for gaming with the semester winding down but I still get time to play. The Wii U has been great so far, my 3DS takes up so much of my gaming and my PS3 is great as per usual. Playing through Bioshock Infinite at the moment on there and on all consoles I have a decent sized backlog. Feeling good about it. 

Edit: Forgot the PC part. I've never owned a gaming rig and I don't plan to build one anytime soon. I love the games on consoles and aside from one or two games I'm not dying to play any big PC titles. 

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Yeah, I'm very happy with my PC.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6060 Posts
Playing both new gen handhelds and I don't regret buying them. I'm too busy lately to play my ps3 or any stationary console right now, but that will change during summer.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Fine with just a PC

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The PC? Yes although I think Crysis 3 at fullscreen 1080p/30fps/High is all it can handle. Anything more and it's time to upgrade to a new PC. But, the good thing about it is I can continue gaming just fine with a lower resolution.

The PS3? I'm happy with it especially when I'm using 360-style controllers and keyboard/mouse (via converter). Graphics are somewhat dated since I'm used to those on the PC. But, they're servicable enough.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i wish i had a gaming pc....but i don't have the money or the know how to build my own beasty rig

but im really happy with my ps3

360 is okay. its good but mass effect was the best game i played soo far in that system. every other exclusive have been underwhelming or they went multi plat. 

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

Yes,love my PS3,only system I need.Looking forward to PS4,only system I'll need next gen.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i'm happy with my 360

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
They only system I am not enjoying is my Vita The Wii U needs Nintendo 1st party 3DS is awesome but everyone knows that PS3 is great but needs more Ratchet and Clank 360 haven't played in months PC is cool but I buy games for it and never use it
tehMoerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tehMoerz
Member since 2012 • 54 Posts
My Dreamcast is still great. I barely use my PC for gaming (it's not really a gaming PC.) I like my 360, but can't wait to get the nextbox.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

I have a gaming PC...I prefer consoles, I always have.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Yep, very happy with all my consoles, and no I won't consider a PC, I'll stop gaming altogether before I play on PC.
Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Primordialous

casharmy

I just recently got into PC gaming (December of this year), so yeah, I still kind of hold on to my Xbox. That isn't to say I don't prefer my PC over it, rather it really just depends on what I'm in the mood for playing.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

Kind of.

I own a PS3, happiness rises.

I own a Wii, happiness lowers. I overspent by about $249.

I used to be happy with my 360, but then...well we know.

Overall the PS3 keeps me happy. Thank you Sony. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Yep, pretty much satisfied with my 360/PS3 :cool:

My only gripes are XBLG fee and PS3 Intalls.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
With my PC and PS3 I am. The 360 has been in a death spiral since 2009, the only time I really enjoy it is playing older games co-op.
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Yep, as long as I have the games I want to play, the console I own doesn't matter.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 962 Posts

You can't go wrong with PS3/WiiU/Vita/3DS :cool: .. I'm a Nintendo/Sony fanboy :P .. Hate Microsoft :oops: .. but to each his own I guess ..

I'm happy with my platforms of course :)

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

I am doing just fine with Xbox 360/PlayStation 3. But I wish I could swap my Xbox 360 with PC.

Edit: Back when I just started gaming[2006] I sold my Wii to buy an Xbox 360 and now I feel so stupid. Haven't expirienced the Mario, Donkey Kong and Zelda games. And I barely use my Xbox 360. I will buy a Wii U when Nintendo comes with them first party exclusive games.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

Primordialous

I just recently got into PC gaming (December of this year), so yeah, I still kind of hold on to my Xbox. That isn't to say I don't prefer my PC over it, rather it really just depends on what I'm in the mood for playing.

What are your top 3 games for PC?

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

..ah I see.. PC convert thread #3,475,242. 

I actually VERY happy with my console and have no desire to start PC gaming.. especially after the PS4 announcement.  Hell is there going to be ANY PC-exclusive games this gen?  :?

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

I actually VERY happy with my console and have no desire to start PC gaming.. especially after the PS4 announcement.  Hell is there going to be ANY PC-exclusive games this gen?  :?

OhSnapitz
PC indie games lol
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 casharmy

OhSnapitz

As far as AAAs? 

there was Crysis and the withcher 2 but we know what happend to them...other than that if you like MMO's, RTS or countless expansions of the same game over and over PC is your one stop shop

*edit* 

When I saw Project offset and built my PC I did have hope, but that turned out to be vapor.  without many high quality exclusives PC has not been a very good investment for me.

Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
I have a massive backlog on Ps360 too keep me busy for ages so I'm some what satisfied.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Fine with just a PC

lostrib
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I honestly don't give a single fuk about PC gaming. I don't like social games, I don't like RTS, I don't like MMOs, I hardly even play indie games, I don't care about playing multiplats with the best graphics available (especially when you need to invest hundreds of dollars on a GPU for it), PC has no exclusives I give a fuk like Uncharted nor even UMvC3...

Games I liked this gen were Yakuza, Uncharted, MVC3, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Metal Gear, Deus Ex and even got to play some classics for the first time like Suikoden, Grandia and I just got Persona 3, etc. As you can see to me PC gaming is a waste of time and always will be. 

To me PC is only good for emulating old games like Suiokoden II, Shining Force III, Xak III; you know, rare games that are very difficult to get ahold of. Other than that, PC gaming means nothing to me and this is why I find hermits to be incredibly annoying because no matter what they say I really don't care! If I wanted a rig I have the money and the knowledge to build one but I would never even use it to begin with, I'd always be on my laptop anyway.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I honestly don't give a single fuk about PC gaming. I don't like social games, I don't like RTS, I don't like MMOs, I hardly even play indie games, I don't care about playing multiplats with the best graphics available (especially when you need to invest hundreds of dollars on a GPU for it), PC has no exclusives I give a fuk like Uncharted nor even UMvC3...

Games I liked this gen were Yakuza, Uncharted, MVC3, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Metal Gear, Deus Ex and even got to play some classics for the first time like Suikoden, Grandia and I just got Persona 3, etc. As you can see to me PC gaming is a waste of time and always will be. 

To me PC is only good for emulating old games like Suiokoden II, Shining Force III, Xak III; you know, rare games that are very difficult to get ahold of. Other than that, PC gaming means nothing to me and this is why I find hermits to be incredibly annoying because no matter what they say I really don't care! If I wanted a rig I have the money and the knowledge to build one but I would never even use it to begin with, I'd always be on my laptop anyway.

Gue1

^butthurt Pirate

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 OhSnapitz
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

senses_fail_06
PC indie games lol

..You can't really exclude the indie market to the PC anymore.. XBLA/PSN received quite a few indie games last gen and I don't see that trend stopping with more powerful hardware.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

OhSnapitz
I think the new Rome Total war and Company of Heroes 2 have a shot at AAA.
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 OhSnapitz
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

Heil68

..cannot get into RTS games.. tried several times in the past and they simply don't appeal to me..
lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lunar1122

OhSnapitz

here is a small list for exclusives, of which many arent even mentioned here

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/18/50-pc-exclusive-games-in-2013

Surprise surprise, more exclusives than all the consoles combined. 

TSK TSK TSK. 

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Primordialous

OhSnapitz

You caught me :cry:

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lunar1122

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

OhSnapitz

..cannot get into RTS games.. tried several times in the past and they simply don't appeal to me..

obviously it wont, it only appeals to people that like a challenge and have brains. 

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 casharmy

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

lunar1122

TSK TSK TSK. 

because more automatically = better in your opinion right?

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 casharmy

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="Heil68"] I think the new Rome Total war and Company of Heroes 2 have a shot at AAA. lunar1122

obviously it wont, it only appeals to people that like a challenge and have brains. 

why the insult?  that's very childish behavior for someone not liking what you like.  Is that the action of someone showing brains?

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

PC/PS3/3DS/Vita

Pretty happy, though somewhat swamped in games.

Dafuq? This turned into some kind of anti-PC circle jerk.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#46 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts

Yes

PC, PS3, Vita

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 OhSnapitz

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

lunar1122

TSK TSK TSK. 

..and Surprise.. surprise, I still don't want to game on the PC. How bout dem apples.. :shock:

and while I do find some of those games interesting I still would rather game on a console.. just personal preference.  :)

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Primordialous

PC/PS3/3DS/Vita

Pretty happy, though somewhat swamped in games.

whiskeystrike

That reminds me of my backlog.......

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lunar1122

[QUOTE="lunar1122"]

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

casharmy

TSK TSK TSK. 

because more automatically = better in your opinion right?

BECAUSE HERMITS WERE ASKED   " HELL ARE THEY EVEN ANY EXCLUSIVES FOR PC". AND I RESPONSED. EAT 50 OF THEM.   

Now that i give evidence, you change it to an arguement of "quantity over quality".

If you want to do that then yes. 

From that list,

Starcraft 2 > than God of War

Amnesia a machine for pigs > than silent hill or any horror on the console

Arma 3 > than call of duty

Path of Exile is much better than Diablo 3 and its not coming to console

To much to write, to little time. 

GG

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Console gamer here and love it! .. Do not want to game on PC no, all that thing got is the same exact multiplats that are on consoles ( with slightly better grapchis ) and the exclusives are 95% just shooetrs and strategy games, i want story based games not strategy shit.