Are you excited for next gen? Or want more time?

Pharoahogc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pharoahogc1
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts

Are you excited for next gen? Or do you feel like you want to ride out current-gen a little bit longer than the suspected 2020 time frame? Do you think the mid Gen console upgrades commend that? I think 2020 is a perfect time to release new hardware. Don't get me wrong I am still enjoying this generation a lot and I don't necessarily feel constrained by the hardware especially because I mainly use the Xbone X. But I'm just excited with curiosity what new hardware with supposedly way better CPUs can deliver. What about you?

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

Personally I feel this is the one generation where I wont be returning later to replay some classics. Dont get me wrong, there have been many awesome games released for the PS4 but there is nothing that makes me excited to return to any single game. Maybe God of War and thats it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

I'm always excited for the next new thing especially MS's next box Scarlet and all their new 1st party studios but currently loving mah Monsterbox so all is good in my world of VG's. :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I’m looking forward to the new consoles coming out in 2020, it feels like a good time to release them.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

Time for a new gen AND a revival of system wars.

Hope MS doesn't shit the bed this time and actually brings some competition to the table

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

This gen is on its last legs, of course I'm excited.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

There is no "nextgen", just more of the same. It would be like gaming on a Nintendo platform but with more variety and better hardware.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Excited to see what each company decides to focus on.

Not excited to buy more redundant hardware.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

This gen sure has aged way faster then it did for last-gen. But then again, I'm cool with this gen, I cannot complain, I play lots of good games and whatever next-gen has to offer, I'm sure the games will be a hit or a miss. Console wise, I am interest seeing what Sony can do to make their console more appealing then the Switch cause the Switch at this point is a next-gen of it's own.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Good. Now I'll be able to focus on other games that I haven't played yet. People will start to focus on the next gen while game parties finally stop releasing games on the current gen. So now, I can catch up without the train steaming into the fog.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

I'm ready for new consoles in 2020.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Honestly if they wanted to just continue making new games for PS4 for another 10 years, I'd be fine with that. We've reached a point where graphics are incredible and games are delivering masterful experiences. I don't think the need for new hardware beyond larger hard drives is really necessary.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@voljin1987: That’s the problem with sony ‘movie games’ - once you know the plot, why go back? Do you watch movies over and over again? Maybe a select few, but not many.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

I don't have any desire for new hardware yet... 2020 at the earliest.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

"Next Gen" and whatever form that may take, is honestly the absolute last thing I am thinking about these days. No excitement right now for me, quite satisfied at this time. What will make me excited right now is getting more time off from the job so I can work more on my backlog lol, no joke

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I could honestly just stay with Switch and PC for a VERY long time. I honestly think this next gen will be the first time I do not get other consoles aside from Nintendo.

Unless Sony delivers a great looking new Ratchet and Clank that is. (I would buy a Ps5 just for a new Ratchet and Clank it is the only Sony Exclusive that I really love.)

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Next gen already started, the SouljaGame Fuze launched!

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

@Sevenizz: true. I will play god of war since the environment design is so good. its def not the story which will get me back. i am just so soured on open games that HZD holds nothing for interest for me and the rest of games tis gen have been largely disappointing.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

from a technology standpoint i am excited. i am very interested to see what all 3 do and how they balance the performance/cost ratio. i am also interested to see how this will effect games next gen.

my major concern though is the business side. it costs a fortune to make games on current hardware. that will only go up again with more powerful hardware. i often say that the biggest bottleneck in the industry now is the wallet not the hardware.

what will publishers, especially in the AAA sector, do to recoup those costs? i suspect SP games in that sector are going to take a hammering as games as a service really comes more into focus. for many (especially those that love their MP) that could be great. hell for old Dinos like myself though :S.

so yeah i'm a bit conflicted.

Part of me wants this gen to last another 5-6 years to give devs more time to really play with existing hardware. with the graphics race essentially over this gen it would force developers to find other ways to use the hardware to get interest (personally the lack of this has been my biggest peeve this gen. especially in the AAA sector). BOTW runs on a CPU designed nearly 20 years ago (and also a CPU designed to run in a phone) so the lack of CPU power is simply not an excuse for trying new things. also what else could they do with the GPU besides graphics?

and another part wants more...MORE!!!!! more CPUs....clocked faster! and 2080tis in SLI....with 64GB of HBM memory and have every game come on 4 blu-ray discs and have 4 drives in the console set up like raid 0 to remove/reduce installs...and 8TB SSDs as standard. MOREE!!!!!!! (of course i know the above spec is complete hyperbole.....just in case)

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I just want Gamecube games on the go. ?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

I'm a PC/Nintendo gamer. I don't get excited for the two consoles where power is the main thing since I already have something way more powerful. Me getting a PS or Xbox would be me getting a way worse machine that largely plays the same games as my PC, except with much worse controls, graphics, options and annoying menus. Oh noes, I can't play Assassin's Creed: Spiderman, the horror.

I feel the Switch still just came out and I have no desire to see anything new from Nintendo console-wise for quite some time. When Nintendo shows something new, I either get excited or I get confused. It's about 50/50 with Nintendo. Usually turns out alright for them in the end though.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

@voljin1987: That’s the problem with sony ‘movie games’ - once you know the plot, why go back? Do you watch movies over and over again? Maybe a select few, but not many.

Isn't that a problem with all games? Even MP die or never even take off in the first place.

Not really that excited for next gen. Looking at the PC's GPU's nothing really great has been done. So I don't hold that much hype unless they pull some new custom hardware that's completely different like the ps2. I would expect that next gen Xbox should be able to play 4k at 60fps if the x1x can handle 30fps.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I can't wait to get rid of this gen. I hate how weak the current systems are.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

I feel like Sony and Nintendo still have a lot more to offer, but a generational leap is always nice. As for M$, they are pretty much out of this console race so they really need the next gen.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

From what I understand the main bottleneck of current gen is CPU. And the CPU handles (among other things) physics simulations and AI. So a new gen could bring much more simulations to open worlds for example. That I think would be very cool. Game worlds are pretty static. Let's say they could have more wind, water, fire, ropes, clothes, destruction etc, that would be something "new" (well if taken all together with top graphics).

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Sure.

I'm game for a new gen every 4 years.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@Pedro said:

There is no "nextgen", just more of the same. It would be like gaming on a Nintendo platform but with more variety and better hardware.

You can say that til you're blue in the face, won't make it true.

This is literally supported by NO ONE in the game industry. There are literally 0 reports of sony thinking/planing/possibly doing this so...you literally just made that up or rather WISH this happens because YOU are horrified of a true next gen system with exclusives because XboneX has none

Your endless iteration posts are pretty much a Xbox One X buyers remorse and search for validation rants.

Sony already confirmed a true next gen system that won't be compatible with PS4.

I've already shown you this before so stop lying clown, If need be I'll make a separate thread and crush your silly little fanboy propaganda all over again.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9547 Posts

My body is ready.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

My PC is already next gen

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Oh honey, I have no interest in next gen when graphics already look this fabulous! I'll probably jump in to next gen in four or five more years with so many amazing games still to play.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

2020 or later please. No rush.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

my 1080ftw will be good for many years to come... bring on whatever gen you want.