Are you a fan of Bloodborne or The Witcher 3?

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Don't own a PS 4 , can't judge Bloodborne ( want to play it badly tho ). Playing The Witcher 3 on PC atm ( its 10 X more improved over TW 2 and enjoying the game very much so far).

Well, wbu warriors? :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Still loving Bloodborne. Taking my time with it. Absorbing it. Savouring it.

As such, I've barely touched Witcher 3. My first Witcher game, but I am impressed none the less.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Both is great

demacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 demacabre
Member since 2015 • 361 Posts

I am a big fan of both.

MetalGearJoel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 MetalGearJoel
Member since 2013 • 190 Posts

Can't go wrong with either. Loving TW3 and loved Bloodborne.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

I can't stand Bloodborne, I really enjoy The Witcher 3 though.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45296 Posts

Both are great, but Bloodborne is genius

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

Both are good games I suppose.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

Witcher 3 is a game with higher production values. It has a bigger land mass, and more content. The game mechanics on the other hand, are amateurish, with many questionable design decisions, many of which previous games like Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls didn't get wrong

Bloodborne is a game with relatively lower production values. You can tell that it took a smaller crew to make, without the need of hiring much mocap or facial acting. The game mechanics on the other hand....is tried and true, and extremely polished

Witcher 3 can't even get the feel of walking right. Geralt has this wierd semi-jogging speed as his ordinary walking speed, making subtle twitches in displacement extremely difficult. Sometimes I constantly knock around the handrail of a staircase just in order to get on to it. He always overshoots the staircase. Stupid candles around important interactable NPCs and objects making you constantly ignite and extinguish it. I can't know the crafting level requirements of the damn diagrams I'm buying. What?? This is a level 40 sword?? I'm only level 20. Stupid item repair mechanic, whereby 'repair all' includes all the junk you don't need as well. Have they ever played Diablo 2 & 3? Disappearing trader icons on the map etc. etc. etc. Good game with bad mechanics I'd say.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

Haven't really played witcher 3 but Bloodborne was one of the greatest games I have ever played

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Witcher 3, easily. Like, its not even remotely close. Souls games suck

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14499 Posts

Haven't put the time into Witcher 3 (and doubtful I ever will, sadly).

BB is far and away the best game on PS4, IMO, though I also consider Dark Souls as one of my favorite games ever and I'm unabashedly predisposed toward Soulsian stuff.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

I just finished my first play through of Bloodborne. I missed one of the umbilical cords so I am going to play through again so I can defeat the Moon Presence.

I plan on purchasing Witcher 3 but I worry about the clunky controls and combat.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jhcho2

@mems_1224 said:

When you say a game which got 92 on Metacritic sucks, you immediately lose credibility. Games are often subjective, but you're not even objective.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

I like both, but The Witcher 3 is a more well rounded game, with great gameplay, deep narrative, fantastic graphics, interesting characters, etc. Bloodborne has great gameplay but is weak in most other areas, and I still think Dark Souls is a better example of that type of game.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mems_1224

@jhcho2 said:
@mems_1224 said:

When you say a game which got 92 on Metacritic sucks, you immediately lose credibility. Games are often subjective, but you're not even objective.

when you base your opinions on metacritic scores you immediately lose credibility. i am objective. can't play metacritic scores.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Both. I have like 350h in BB and haven't played TW3 yet because i need a new gpu first and im waiting for CDPR to release all the patches/mods improving visuals of the game

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Both? I'm leaning a little toward Bloodborne but both are great games!

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#20 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@indzman: both are amazing masterpieces, but for different reasons as they are both different styles of games.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#21 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@mems_1224: don't make me laugh... you are neither objective or subjective. .. just a bitter lemming who bashes all things related to Sony and has done so for years..lol

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

they scratch different itches for me

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

You can't go wrong with either, they have their flaws but they're great games.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Skelly34

@mems_1224 said:
@jhcho2 said:
@mems_1224 said:

when you base your opinions on metacritic scores you immediately lose credibility. i am objective. can't play metacritic scores.

truth

game reviewers aren't to be trusted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Both is great

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Never played any of the Dark series, played all of the Witchers

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

BB is great......for one playthrough. Then you start noticing all the imperfections and certain weapons being miles ahead of the others. Don't even get me started on the Chalice Dungeons. They could do with ALOT more variety in layout and architecture.

Having never played a Witcher game before I want to read up on the lore first. So I ordered the first short story compilation (Geralt started off in a Polish sci-fi mag) and the first 3 novels. Hell, I may wait for the inevitable Witcher 3 GOTY edition. I'm patient like that.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#28 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

Have yet to play Bloodborne but I love The Witcher 3. I love it so damned much.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

meh on both....gimme zelda and hyrule warriors any day.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jhcho2

@mems_1224 said:
@jhcho2 said:
@mems_1224 said:

it's called statistics, an average of 90+ reviewers. An objective person would take a step back and admit that he might be in the minority camp, and subsequently refrain from making blanket statements the way you did.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I didn't like The Witcher's controls which is why I didn't get far and also why I skipped The Witcher 2. I'm also not a big fan of third-person games (I like FPS games the most) although I do make exceptions. The Witcher 3 is one of them. I'm finding the game to be quite enjoyable.

Never played any of the Souls games (yet). Maybe I'll put them in my backlog for the PS3.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Bloodborn is better but both are great. It's great having a ps4 and playing both

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jhcho2

@skelly34 said:
@mems_1224 said:
@jhcho2 said:
@mems_1224 said:

truth

no more than we should be trusting you

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Skelly34

@jhcho2 said:
@skelly34 said:
@mems_1224 said:
@jhcho2 said:
@mems_1224 said:

truth

also true

metascores can carry some credibility, such as a 90+ game might actually be worth trying out, but they're subject to bribery, hype and dev pandering.

In this age of softball game reviewing, 90+ are handed out left and right because nine is the new six. Just because a game gets a nine doesn't mean it's actually that great.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@jhcho2 said:
@mems_1224 said:
@jhcho2 said:
@mems_1224 said:

it's called statistics, an average of 90+ reviewers. An objective person would take a step back and admit that he might be in the minority camp, and subsequently refrain from making blanket statements the way you did.

His statement of "Souls games suck" is obviously an opinion of his on a very subjective topic. What the hell do you mean by "refrain from making blanket statements they way you [he] did."? Are you so dense that he needs to put "in my opinion" after EVERYTHING he says? I mean seriously. He wrote it, it's obviously his opinion. Whether or not anyone else agrees or not is completely irrelevant.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jhcho2

@skelly34 said:
@jhcho2 said:
@skelly34 said:

truth

also true

metascores can carry some credibility, such as a 90+ game might actually be worth trying out, but they're subject to bribery, hype and dev pandering.

In this age of softball game reviewing, 90+ are handed out left and right because nine is the new seven. Just because a game gets a nine doesn't mean it's actually that great.

That shortcoming isn't limited to reviewers. It's a limitation of all human beings. Reviewers might be biased due to either bribery, ad money or even website traffic. Ordinary people like us are also highly subjected to fanboyism and corporate loyalty. Cognitive dissonance is high among fanboys, which explains why people like FoxBatAlpha can never see anything inherently bad about Microsoft, nor anything good about Sony. But he makes up maybe 1 out of 10 fanboys. That's why statistics are important, so outliers can be ignored.

Yes, reviewers are subjected to corruption no more than we are subjected to irrational loyalty to a brand or franchise. But if it were so, we can be somewhat assured that not all of those 50+ reviewers took money from corporations

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Even if I was into Bloodborne (which I'm not), I'd still say Witcher!

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mems_1224

@Midnightshade29 said:

@mems_1224: don't make me laugh... you are neither objective or subjective. .. just a bitter lemming who bashes all things related to Sony and has done so for years..lol

hi pot

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mems_1224

@jhcho2 said:
@skelly34 said:
@jhcho2 said:
@skelly34 said:

truth

also true

In this age of softball game reviewing, 90+ are handed out left and right because nine is the new seven. Just because a game gets a nine doesn't mean it's actually that great.

That shortcoming isn't limited to reviewers. It's a limitation of all human beings. Reviewers might be biased due to either bribery, ad money or even website traffic. Ordinary people like us are also highly subjected to fanboyism and corporate loyalty. Cognitive dissonance is high among fanboys, which explains why people like FoxBatAlpha can never see anything inherently bad about Microsoft, nor anything good about Sony. But he makes up maybe 1 out of 10 fanboys. That's why statistics are important, so outliers can be ignored.

Yes, reviewers are subjected to corruption no more than we are subjected to irrational loyalty to a brand or franchise. But if it were so, we can be somewhat assured that not all of those 50+ reviewers took money from corporations

yea, maybe those 50+ reviewers just have shit taste.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Skelly34

@jhcho2: My main point was that 90+ is an indication of a good game, not proof of a good game.

Reviewers don't want to mete out bad scores at the expense of business. So they devised this new "modern scale" so everyone with a halfway decent game can be a winner.

The fact that there is corruption and bias in game journalism was just put there to further discredit them.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Love both

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jhcho2

@skelly34 said:

@jhcho2: My main point was that 90+ is an indication of a good game, not proof of a good game.

Reviewers don't want to mete out bad scores at the expense of business. So they devised this new "modern scale" so everyone with a halfway decent game can be a winner.

The fact that there is corruption and bias in game journalism was just put there to further discredit them.

Yeah. I can agree that a AAA score is indicative of a good game. That's why when there is sufficient indication around that a certain game might be good, an objective person will be able to identify that perhaps most people don't agree with him. That was the original context of my post.

Nothing is proof of a good game.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#43 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Im a Fromsoft fanboy... but I've put way more time into Witcher 3. It's a far more substantial game. I swept through Bloodborne in 16 hours and was done with it.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jhcho2

@Shmiity said:

Im a Fromsoft fanboy... but I've put way more time into Witcher 3. It's a far more substantial game. I swept through Bloodborne in 16 hours and was done with it.

Partly because of the cutscenes. I swear that half of the quests in the game have dialog and cutscenes which take more time to watch than actually playing to complete the quest. A simple fetch quest can take 1 minute worth of detective mode but 3 minutes of dialog to obtain the quest and turning it in.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@jhcho2 said:

Which still wouldn't make the game quality, argumentum ad populum mate.

Mems is on crack though, the Souls games are terrific. The Witcher games are pretty fucking average when it comes to the gameplay part if not straight garbo like Witcher 1.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#46 UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts

From reading the posts here, and on other threads. Mems is just a bitter and salty lemming.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

dunno much about bloodborne but I played dark souls and found it so boring

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#48 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

TW3 is slightly better than BB.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

I like both.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@jhcho2 said:

Which still wouldn't make the game quality, argumentum ad populum mate.

Mems is on crack though, the Souls games are terrific. The Witcher games are pretty fucking average when it comes to the gameplay part if not straight garbo like Witcher 1.

Good thing we judge games by more then just mechanical feel.

Not trying to be harsh, but I don't understand why you even play games like The Witcher 3. You're very vocal of disliking pretty much all video game stories. Witcher 3 definitely spends more of it's time immersing the player and trying to tell a story. The strengths of The Witcher series has always been its world building and characterization, not the actual combat and RPG mechanics. You have pretty much said that you dislike the story of The Witcher, so do you just skip the story stuff and jump into the game? Seems like you would have a better time spending your gaming hours more on action RPGs that focus on refined player interactivity.

I'm just curious, because to me, it seems pointless to dismiss a game like The Witcher because it doesn't have the best "gameplay." Games like Silent Hill or Journey do not have very strong gameplay, but they are still praised highly for the experience they deliver.