Are handheld wars the most boring thing ever?

• 155 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="NamelessPlayer"][QUOTE="Masenkoe"]Well I'll throw in my two cents: Last time: DS>PSP Better Library PSP>DS Better Tech This time: Vita>3DS Better Library Vita>3DS Better Tech

I agreed right up until you said the Vita had a better library than the 3DS. Right now, Kid Icarus: Uprising alone interests me more than the ENTIRE Vita library. For that matter, the only Vita game that remotely interests me is Gravity Rush. Damn shame given what the Vita's capable of. Also, I'm still waiting on some good analog stick caps or another hardware revision for the Vita, if it lasts long enough. Why? 3DS Circle Pads >>> Vita analog sticks. Twice the throw, and more comfortable to use.

It will depend on our interest as psp and vita had better launch games for me. Though 3ds launching with splinter cell(a fav of mine) I would say they stepped it up from last gen. I like how vita's analogs feel more like home console. Comfort wise I 'm used to the analogs being low so find them more comfortable for how I hold it.
Fire_Emblem_RD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#152 Fire_Emblem_RD
Member since 2008 • 9611 Posts
They're incredibly boring, because Nintendo always wins.
rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts

do people really still play handhelds ?

I haven't seen anyone playing one in a long time, but thats all sheep ever talk about on here.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
It will depend on our interest as psp and vita had better launch games for me. Though 3ds launching with splinter cell(a fav of mine) I would say they stepped it up from last gen. I like how vita's analogs feel more like home console. Comfort wise I 'm used to the analogs being low so find them more comfortable for how I hold it.p4s2p0
Games are personal preference, as usual, but as for launch lineups specifically, the Vita's US launch was definitely better, seeing as it already had three months in Japan to get some titles ready. Uncharted: Golden Abyss isn't my cup of tea, but it's definitely closer to a killer app than anything the 3DS launched with. The 3DS didn't really hit its stride until around the 9-to-12-month mark, when all the other notable 3DS games were releasing during the wait for KI:U; give the Vita the same amount of time, and there will probably be more games on the Vita that have my interest aside from Gravity Rush. As for the Vita analog sticks, the one nice thing the arcing motion has going for it is that if you stick some thick caps on the small sticks, it'll increase the leverage and the amount of throw one feels. This wouldn't work on the PSP analog nub or the 3DS's Circle Pads because they have a sliding motion, but unlike the PSP nub, I feel the 3DS Circle Pad has at least enough movement range to be viable, not to mention that its position and size is much more comfortable to me. I don't have a problem with the placement of the sticks on the Vita, just the lack of range of movement that inhibits their usefulness as analog controls, and I mentioned the only workaround I can think of that doesn't require an outright new hardware revision with different analog sticks.
Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

do people really still play handhelds ?

I haven't seen anyone playing one in a long time, but thats all sheep ever talk about on here.

rasengan2552

Then clearly people still do play on handhelds.