Are all X1 games like this or just MCC?

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

So, I was over at a friends house in Austin last weekend. She has an XBone and sleeps WAY longer than I do. So, I woke up and felt like playing the Master Chief Collection to pass some time. I figured with Halo 5 coming up and seeing a lot of people post how they liked H4, maybe a second play-through would give me some perspective on things and help see things peoples way on all of this.

Seemed like a good way to keep occupied until she woke up in any case. Just one little problem.. I didn't want to log in on her profile and Live account. I think it's crass to mess with people's saved data and wasn't looking forward to the barrage of messages and game invites she would be getting spammed with as well. Considering she's been a convention girl in the past and I've seen her play before, the "Brace yourself" meme is rather adroit and I really just wanted to putt around in the game.

So, you're probably wondering "What's the problem?" Well, the problem is you have two fucking choices when playing this game. I don't know if the other games do this as well, but when I got to the menu for the game the only options were to log into her profile or give my email address. GIVE MY EMAIL ADDRESS TO PLAY A GAME AS A GUEST?! What the fucking shit?? I wasn't trying to play online, just get past the start screen and hopefully play the campaign. Then, it got even better! I couldn't just back out. I kept getting a persistent popup asking me to either give my email address or log in as my friend.

The XBox just wouldn't take no for an answer. It got all ..oh, I won't use that word, but literally the only fucking thing I could do was get up and walk to the XBone and hit the eject button. What the actual shit is that about? I didn't even want to try another game at that point. It was just terribad. Who thought that gaming should be a game of giving marketable information on a guest player or GTFO? It was an awful experience and I have to say, it brought my already low opinion of the machine even lower.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

you should really ask before touching people's stuff

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shewgenja

@lostrib said:

you should really ask before touching people's stuff

I was actually legit concerned about having to hit the eject button like a yob. The menu button on the XBox really just gives you the option to turn the console off and like one or two other functions. Pretty fucking useless. That being said, we're close and I knew she wouldn't be mad over something silly like playing vidya gamez.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Dumb thread is dumb.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shewgenja

@mems_1224 said:

Dumb thread is dumb.

Dumb post is dumb. Did I do something wrong? I just wanted to try some XBox without being like "Here's my email address, please bombard me with promotional material."

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#7 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I think it is possible to have a guest profile without submitting your email account, but I am not sure. I definitely know you could do it on Xbox 360.

I'll try to confirm this when I get back home again.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mems_1224

@Shewgenja: nothing was stopping you from playing. Could have just used her account.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@mems_1224: Except he already explained he didn't want to because he didn't want to mess with the save files

Shame some of those big budget games don't do multiple save files no more

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Okay, I looked this up on Xbox Support, and...

Bewilderingly enough, it doesn't seem like you can have a temporary non Xbox Live associated profile on Xbox One...

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/use-guest-account

seems to me you are just incapable of actually using technology, maybe you should move back to amish land.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shewgenja

@mems_1224 said:

@Shewgenja: nothing was stopping you from playing. Could have just used her account.

Lolz

Not only did I not want to mess with her saved game but lord knows who would get snippy for me not responding to their messages and invites. I didn't want to sabotage her on Live only to wake up to possible drama. That whole concept is dumb as everliving ****. Why would a console put up a wall to people trying a game?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
@WilliamRLBaker said:

seems to me you are just incapable of actually using technology, maybe you should move back to amish land.

Those guest accounts are apparently still linked to the primary Xbox Live account on the console.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mems_1224

@Shewgenja: Then you probably shouldn't use people's things without asking

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shewgenja

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Maybe you should stop lying to kick it. Fanboy. Congratulations on finally coming out of the Lemming closet, by the way. I was wondering when it would happen.

<--- This was precisely what I wanted to avoid. So, learn to read OP, or perhaps learn that XBone you obviously have moar.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Really is a mess of a console from any point of view.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#18 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14421 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Pretty sad that a mess of a console has better quality exclusives than the PS4.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Must be a MCC thing as I just signed out of my profile and then started up MK:X, the sign in screen came up and I selected close, then a sign in/continue with out saving option came up and I selected continue with out saving and its playing just fine, no Shinnok unlocked or extra costumes like I got it day one.

It does pop up and ask you to sign in a lot like after you select anything but just choose close.

Well since I'm here lets just throw in MCC and see, yup it's a MCC thing says sign in required, even when you close out says must choose a signed in user to play the game...weird, shoulda just put in your gamertag info in the Xbox if you really wanted to play seeing as you "had a 360" and like Halo and all. Or just made one it's free and simple.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

"she" lol, sure.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

that's a MCC thing.

I've played Sunset Overdrive while logged out of my account.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

It's got to be some level of verification specifically for that game that won't allow guest accounts to be generated for it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shewgenja

@xxyetixx said:

Must be a MCC thing as I just signed out of my profile and then started up MK:X, the sign in screen came up and I selected close, then a sign in/continue with out saving option came up and I selected continue with out saving and its playing just fine, no Shinnok unlocked or extra costumes like I got it day one.

It does pop up and ask you to sign in a lot like after you select anything but just choose close.

Well since I'm here lets just throw in MCC and see, yup it's a MCC thing says sign in required, even when you close out says must choose a signed in user to play the game...weird, shoulda just put in your gamertag info in the Xbox if you really wanted to play seeing as you "had a 360" and like Halo and all. Or just made one it's free and simple.

@nyadc said:

It's got to be some level of verification specifically for that game that won't allow guest accounts to be generated for it.

Thanks guys. At least I know now it's not the console.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

You're overly dramatic.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:
@silversix_ said:

such as......?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mems_1224

@jg4xchamp: probably varies by game. MCC does a lot with keeping scores and unlocks so it makes sense it would require an online account

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:
@silversix_ said:

such as......?

trash like Sunset, what else... BB alone trashes ALL Xbone exclusives. You add in games like Infamous SS and its not even fair.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

the xbone hates users trying to play games on other ppls accounts

it can't stand you have to login make sure the perfect master account otherwise ur fucked

this system is trash u need to be online with the master account or u fucking u are fucked and thats how the xb1 is and the ps4 is nothing like that ITS literally night an day nothing like it

put MCC on ps4 and i won't even touch my xb1 ever again imo

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ProtossX said:

the xbone hates users trying to play games on other ppls accounts

it can't stand you have to login make sure the perfect master account otherwise ur fucked

this system is trash u need to be online with the master account or u fucking u are fucked and thats how the xb1 is and the ps4 is nothing like that ITS literally night an day nothing like it

put MCC on ps4 and i won't even touch my xb1 ever again imo

You should put your MCC disk in your PS4

Do it and come back here please

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ProtossX

@sts106mat said:

this sounds like bullshit. what kind of asshole would help them self to a friends xbox whilst they slept? you creepy fucker.

what is wrong with that he was using her for her xbone so he doesn't have to buy one

thats why he went over there an when she went to sleep he was like "finally" an then went to play all the games on it for free

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ProtossX

@sts106mat said:

@ProtossX: when i am a guest in someone's house, friend or family, i dont wake up and start wandering around the place using their stuff like that. I get that he didn't want to mess her save files up, that's fine.

the TC is the guy who acts all angry on here about the X1 and MS's policies. He's talked about smashing people in the face with a toaster (or similar) yet here he is trying to use someone else equipment without permission and acting like its a bad thing that he couldn't.

are you able to just pick up someone else mobile phone and start making calls / using internet without permission or restrictions?

Hey, maybe when he realised he couldn't use it, he just took the keys to her car and fucked off to Mcdonalds for a breakfast using her purse to pay for it?

what a fucking ass

i used to use my cousins nintendo cuz they had diff games then i had, and the system was in one of there rooms, or like if im at a friends and they are asleep i would play playstation or whatever or there gameboy etc

if they got diff games why can't i play them?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shewgenja

@sts106mat said:

@ProtossX: when i am a guest in someone's house, friend or family, i dont wake up and start wandering around the place using their stuff like that.

the TC is the guy who acts all angry on here about the X1 and MS's policies. He's talked about smashing people in the face with a toaster (or similar) yet here he is trying to use someone else equipment without permission and acting like its a bad thing that he couldn't.

are you able to just pick up someone else mobile phone and start making calls / using internet without permission or restrictions?

Hey, maybe when he realised he couldn't use it, he just took the keys to her car and fucked off to Mcdonalds for a breakfast using her purse to pay for it?

what a fucking arse

You know.. It would be one fucking thing if I was a twat for not asking my friend for permission to use her console. I could let this indignation slide. I mean, you have 0 idea how close our friendship is, so in all honesty your tirade comes from a personally motivated place and that is all well and good. Think of me whatever you wish.

Needing to ask Microsoft permission to play a game as a guest, though? Well, I guess I'd be waving the wand of indignation as well were I trying to obfuscate something so utterly moronic. Fanboyism at it's most mentally ill lengths in practice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Lol, dramatic much?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Shewgenja: You have to have an XBL account to play games, or log in as the guest.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shewgenja

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja: You have to have an XBL account to play games, or log in as the guest.

Apparently, this is just a thing with the MCC.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ProtossX

@Shewgenja said:
@StormyJoe said:

yes that thing really sucked with lizard squad attacked xbl on christmas cuz MCC really doesn't like to let people play the game if your not logged in (im talking about single player)

i was getting signed in and out all the time during the attacks and during gameplay and there was nothing i could do i took the system offline and logged out and then it was still flipping out

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Worst than anyone originally suspected I'm afraid.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shewgenja

@ProtossX said:
@Shewgenja said:
@StormyJoe said:

yes that thing really sucked with lizard squad attacked xbl on christmas cuz MCC really doesn't like to let people play the game if your not logged in (im talking about single player)

i was getting signed in and out all the time during the attacks and during gameplay and there was nothing i could do i took the system offline and logged out and then it was still flipping out

Wow, no kidding? Man, hopefully they get their shit together for H5 or they will be in a world of shit.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Surprised it didn't ask for you bank account details and to show your ID or driving license to the Kinect.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@Shewgenja said:
@StormyJoe said:

If I were to take a guess, I would say they did that because of co-op.

That is, of course, a total guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

You're over a "female" friends house and all you want to do is play Halo MCC? LMAO......

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shewgenja

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

You're over a "female" friends house and all you want to do is play Halo MCC? LMAO......

Sleeper Creeper confirmed.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@Douevenlift_bro said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:
@silversix_ said:

such as......?

trash like Sunset, what else... BB alone trashes ALL Xbone exclusives. You add in games like Infamous SS and its not even fair.

Basically lol.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44699 Posts

The game has been out 14 years you should know it wouldn't make any difference if you played, just load a level up from the beginning start again it's not a RPG.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

@ten_pints said:

Surprised it didn't ask for you bank account details and to show your ID or driving license to the Kinect.

HALT CITIZEN. PUT DOWN THE CONTROLLER AND STARE AT KINECT. YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO COMPLY.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

LOL starting a post in system wars about not being able to start a game. You was better off trying to bang "her".

DrkeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DrkeX
Member since 2003 • 645 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@mems_1224 said:

Lolz

Not only did I not want to mess with her saved game but lord knows who would get snippy for me not responding to their messages and invites. I didn't want to sabotage her on Live only to wake up to possible drama. That whole concept is dumb as everliving ****. Why would a console put up a wall to people trying a game?

you were already messing with her console without her permission, so that's void.

should've just used her account bruh

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

the pricks really came out of the woodworks in this thread