Applying the logic that the PS3 won 2009 to the entire gen. (PS3 didn't win)

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Things are never as black and white as they seem. There's room for interpretation. The handful of ps3 games just hit home with gamers it seems. There's passion there.

mgkennedy5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 mgkennedy5
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
First off, I do think the Ps3 won this year (And it is an opinion), but NOT this gen. And secondly, it IS your opinion that PC is way better than Ps3, although I like the PC tons too :P Personally, (And I would never say this as a fact because I would get flamed to hell), I don't count "A" games because I never buy them. I only buy 10 or less game per year, and I only buy the highest rated because I want my money to go farthest. Again, just me, not saying "A" games don't count, but I think that's why most people use AAA's. It's because those are the "best" games. Not saying the other games don't count, just pointing it out
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

Whats with the spreadsheet talking ?

while ago there was some lemming who is telling me about his spreadsheet and now this thread?

I remember watching this spreadsheet this week where you compared exclusives.

I just want an explanation to all of this?

is this some kind of new ownage going on in the internet or am I missing something lol.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

while ago there was some lemming who is telling me about his spreadsheet and now this thread?

is this some kind of new ownage going on in the internet or am I missing something lol.

HAZE-Unit

I've always used the spreadsheet.
What do you mean "now this thread"? :(
I use the spreadsheet in most of my threads.
I have no explanation.
If it's new ownage I'm unaware of it.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

This is the second time in, what... 48 hours or so, that you've tried to insert your definition of a "yearly winner" as the only way to define the silly category. So this is the second time I'll say the same thing:

The is no set standard for what, how, why people come up with their opinions as to who "Won" a given year. It isn 't in the SW rules, and everyone seems to have their own criteria. In fact, it's important to note, there is NO "Winning x numbers of years" category at all outlined in any official text about SW. So, your definition might work well for you, but no one else should feel compelled to agree. The general feeling when the question has come up before is that it's a bit of momentum, a dash of yearly sales, a glance at the tallies on the holy spreadsheet (with many seeming to look more closely at AAAs and up), and a whole heaping helping of personal opinion. General consensus is the only way the whole silly category has ever been decided, so while you're making a very concerted effort on this (apparently this is the first year it really bugged you...) it comes down to your opinion versus anyone else's opinion. Yours is every bit as valid as any other opinion, but it's not any better, and it Certainly isn't SW law.

I don't care who wins any popularity contest, personally. It's really not this big of a deal. People are gonna think what they want, no matter how hard you try to encourage them to think just like you.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

Silverbond

I have no explanation.

I've got an explanation. It clears up a lot of arguements by giving proof when it comes to exclusives. You may say, "O, but I doesn't liek Uncharted 2 or Demon's Souls and teh Halo Wars is teh underatedd," but that doesn't change the fact that the Gamespot Spreadsheet pwns you in a factual arguement.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 HAZE-Unit

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

Silverbond

I have no explanation.

Im just wondering whats going on? nothing offensive meant bud.

But yeah whats this spreadsheet talk is all about? really.

Is this some kind of new meme or something?

I mean ok its your spreadsheet and I know that you are proud of it but it's your own spreadsheet, you don't have to show it to us everytimewe are discussing something:P

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

This is the second time in, what... 48 hours or so, that you've tried to insert your definition of a "yearly winner" as the only way to define the silly category. So this is the second time I'll say the same thing:

The is no set standard for what, how, why people come up with their opinions as to who "Won" a given year. It isn 't in the SW rules, and everyone seems to have their own criteria. In fact, it's important to note, there is NO "Winning x numbers of years" category at all outlined in any official text about SW. SO your definition might work well for you, but no one else should feel compelled to agree. The general feeling when the question has come up before is that it's a bit of momentum, a dash of yearly sales, a glance at the tallies on the holy spreadsheet (with many seeming to look more closely at AAAs and up), and a whole healing helping of personal opinion. General consensus is the only way the whole silly category has ever been decided, so while you're making a very concerted effort on this (apparently this is the first year it really bugged you...) it comes down to your opinion versus anyone else's opinion. Yours is every bit as valid as any other opinion, but it's not any better, and it Certainly isn't SW law.

I don't care who wins any popularity contest. personally. It's really not this big of a deal. People are gonna think what they want, no matter how hard you try to encourage them to think just like you.

santoron

This thread is unofficially a wrap with this post.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Silverbond

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

HAZE-Unit

I have no explanation.

I mean ok its your spreadsheet and I know that you are proud of it but it's your own spreadsheet, you don't have to show it to us everytimewe are discussing something:P

But it's not just my spreadsheet. It's SW's spreadsheet. I'm just trying to share it. :)

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

I have no explanation.

Silverbond

But it's not just my spreadsheet. It's SW's spreadsheet. I'm just trying to share it. :)

And I thank you for sharing it, as it proves a lot of arguements incorrect.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
PS3's had a good run this year, I'll give it that... but the belief that it's somehow 'winning' this gen is asinine...
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Silverbond

And I thank you for sharing it, as it proves a lot of arguements incorrect.

Phoenix534

You're welcome. I just wish all of SW saw this spreadsheet.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50669 Posts

Am I missing something?

According to that spreadsheet Ps3 has one more exclusive than 360 and around the same amount of AA...right?

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Silverbond

Am I missing something?

According to that spreadsheet Ps3 has one more exclusive than 360 and around the same amount of AA...right?

Chutebox

Which has to do with......?

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 HAZE-Unit

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

I have no explanation.

Silverbond

*scratches head*

SW's spreadsheet ? this is an official ownage for SW?

NeoMerlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#67 NeoMerlin
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts
Wow, that's some pretty amazing rhetoric you've got going on there. Good work. No, seriously, you impressed me with them fancy werds an all dat! But once we dig past all your pretty language, your clever beating us to the punch on calling you a fanboy and that nice, good willed preaching, we actually come to the core of the matter and that seems be that I've wasted my time reading. You first lost me with the statement "Saying the PS3 won 2009 is like saying the PS3 won the whole gen." Here is my well thought out and clever rebutle: No. Let's play Mr. Fixit. Here's what your statement should read: "Saying the PS3 won 2009 is like saying the PS3 won 2009." Someone who talks as perdy as you should understand a concept like that. Now if someone, say me (and I know I am a lesser being than you, sir) wanted to say the PS3 won the gen, I'd say something like "The PS3 won the gen." Of course I'm not going to make a statement like that. I'll make a similar one though. "July 10th was the best year in 2011." Don't you think it's just a little silly to talk about who has one the gen this early in the game? Generally nothing is won until it's over. So we'll pick this up when the PS3 is battling with the X-Box 360 kickflip and the Nintendo "please forgive us for the wii". Now it took me a while to swim through the rest of that lemon and lime flavoured, sparkling language of yours but I eventually dived down deep and found that shiny pearl that is the heart of your argument. The PC is winning because even though the PS3 has a select few of better rated games, the PC has a broader spectrum of good games even if none were quite as good as a few on the PS3. Well damn! I certainly can't fault that. Or can I? Surely it's a thrilling mystery worthy of Hitchcock. To conclude: No. Here's why the PC doesn't win. The PC is inconvenient. It's just not worth it to play games on the PC when I can have just as much fun, and sometimes more fun, on my PS3. Or on my DS. Or on a trampoline. Things that don't require large amounts of effort to play with. Let's count the number of times I've needed to update the hardware in my PS3 sinse I bought it or the number of times I've needed to search for the latest driver for a game. Or how about the number of times my PS3 has said "**** you, I'm not playing that." just because the graphics hardware came from the wrong maker. I stopped PC gaming the moment I got my PS3 and I've never looked back. If these silly system wars were all about the video games, we wouldn't have them. I'll admit they're the most important factor to consider but there are other ones you've done a damned fine job of ignoring. Like convenience, expense, usability - the ability to play the games you buy. But there's no accounting for taste, is there? And whether or not you like it (or want to admit it) your entire post is over flowing with personal preference and opinion. You're not Sgt Friday and these are not Just The Facts(tm). I'll close with a question. In all dem dar amazing PC games how many have you played and how many do you agree got the rating they deserve? I looked at those big fancy spread sheets and I only wish I could play all those games and make judgement. It's certainly a lot more fun than letting Gamespot do it for me.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Am I missing something?

Silverbond

Which has to do with......?

I meant one more AAA... Anyways, has to do with your thread? Ps3 has had one more AAA, one less AA, and 2 less A. I'll take the one more AAA personally which is why I think it's had the better year.
Drakes_Fortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Drakes_Fortune
Member since 2009 • 5259 Posts

[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"][QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Why? Facts? Proof? No?

Then go find some. If you're right then I'll admit.

Phoenix534

what are some good PC exclusives again?

• Shattered Horizon
  • Torchlight
  • Sims 3
  • Empire: Total War(sorta)
  • Tropico 3
  • Machinarium
  • King's Bounty: Armored Princess

Just to name a few.

they are so good that i never heard of 5 of them. and RTS ? Sims? is that the good PC games?
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Silverbond

*scratches head*

HAZE-Unit

I'm confused. Sarcasm? Because that spreadsheet is in the official sticky...

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"] what are some good PC exclusives again? Drakes_Fortune

• Shattered Horizon
  • Torchlight
  • Sims 3
  • Tropico 3
  • Machinarium

Just to name a few.

they are so good that i never heard of 5 of them. and RTS ? Sims? is that the good PC games?

So RTS and Sim games don't count because you don't like them?

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

*scratches head*

Silverbond

Which explains why very few people have ever seen it.

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#73 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"] what are some good PC exclusives again? Drakes_Fortune

• Shattered Horizon
  • Torchlight
  • Sims 3
  • Tropico 3
  • Machinarium

Just to name a few.

I don't like RPG's, FPS's, Action/adventure games, sports games, fighting games and TPS's, so all consoles suck.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

I would argue that the PS3 won 2009 even over the PC, looking at the numbers asyrian758 posted:

Ps3 has:

13 AAA

19 AA

PC has:

6 AAA

24 AA

but I agree that it certainly hasn't won the entire generation due to one good year, especially since it had such a poor start.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Chutebox

Ah I see, you're making a case for PC.

It has a **** load of AA but is lacking in AAA.

pattyp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#76 pattyp77
Member since 2008 • 181 Posts

My "PCStation 360 3" ownz, rules, rocks, is wicked, etc forever no returns....Because I counted the number of games that migh have existed, divided by the games never played, times by the ratio square root of Gamespot scores.

Full stop cant respond.

These are the facts, well laid out and clear...

Drakes_Fortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Drakes_Fortune
Member since 2009 • 5259 Posts

[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"][QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

• Shattered Horizon
  • Torchlight
  • Sims 3
  • Tropico 3
  • Machinarium

Just to name a few.

Phoenix534

So RTS and Sim games don't count because you don't like them?

Alright, then what exclusives you have for action adventure, wrpg, jrpg, TPS, plataforming, sports, fans?
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 HAZE-Unit

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

*scratches head*

Silverbond

I was being serious :)

Really wow I didn't know about that, that's news to me thanks to the back to back spreadsheet talks today.

I guess Im not up to date till like this very moment lol.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Silverbond

To conclude: No. Here's why the PC doesn't win. The PC is inconvenient. It's just not worth it to play games on the PC when I can have just as much fun, and sometimes more fun, on my PS3. Or on my DS. Or on a trampoline. Things that don't require large amounts of effort to play with. Let's count the number of times I've needed to update the hardware in my PS3 sinse I bought it or the number of times I've needed to search for the latest driver for a game. Or how about the number of times my PS3 has said "**** you, I'm not playing that." just because the graphics hardware came from the wrong maker. I stopped PC gaming the moment I got my PS3 and I've never looked back. NeoMerlin

That's pretty much your argument. And, I say there are variables in usuability. But, aren't variables with my argument.

Oh, you have a PS3! Me too! :)
Seriously, I have a PS3. I don't game on my PC. People in SW should stop assuming crap all the time.

NeoMerlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 NeoMerlin
You prove nothing by making an argument that ignores half the issue. 'Nuff said.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
Exclusives are not the only things that matter. When comparting lineups, totals are what counts, not whether the games are exclusive or not. The PS3 has 7 more AAAs, 5 fewer AAs, and 1 more A. These are facts. The PS3 won.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="NeoMerlin"]To conclude: No. Here's why the PC doesn't win. The PC is inconvenient. It's just not worth it to play games on the PC when I can have just as much fun, and sometimes more fun, on my PS3. Or on my DS. Or on a trampoline. Things that don't require large amounts of effort to play with. Let's count the number of times I've needed to update the hardware in my PS3 sinse I bought it or the number of times I've needed to search for the latest driver for a game. Or how about the number of times my PS3 has said "**** you, I'm not playing that." just because the graphics hardware came from the wrong maker. I stopped PC gaming the moment I got my PS3 and I've never looked back. Silverbond

That's pretty much your argument. And, I say there are variables in usuability. But, aren't variables with my argument.

Seriously, I have a PS3. I don't game on my PC. People in SW should stop assuming crap all the time.

And some of his arguements are bad. No game ever, adn I mean ever, needs a specific graphical hardware maker. Some companies do have preferences, like Valve and AMD, but you don't need an ATI card to play Valve games.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Silverbond

Exclusives are not the only things that matter. When comparting lineups, totals are what counts, not whether the games are exclusive or not. The PS3 has 7 more AAAs, 5 fewer AAs, and 1 more A. These are facts. The PS3 won.TheGrat1

Total libraries only count? Have you always used total libraries? Have you only used total libraries?

That's honestly the first time I've heard that. Perhaps it's because it suits your argument?

pattyp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 pattyp77

The only question you have to ask is...

"Does my system play Demons Souls"... There is your answer :p

Lucid1314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#85 Lucid1314
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

[QUOTE="NeoMerlin"]To conclude: No. Here's why the PC doesn't win. The PC is inconvenient. It's just not worth it to play games on the PC when I can have just as much fun, and sometimes more fun, on my PS3. Or on my DS. Or on a trampoline. Things that don't require large amounts of effort to play with. Let's count the number of times I've needed to update the hardware in my PS3 sinse I bought it or the number of times I've needed to search for the latest driver for a game. Or how about the number of times my PS3 has said "**** you, I'm not playing that." just because the graphics hardware came from the wrong maker. I stopped PC gaming the moment I got my PS3 and I've never looked back. Silverbond

ok... honestly... I thought you were being serious until I saw this... and all I can say and question are: What? and Is this a troll topic or are you actually being serious?

If you ARE being serious, then I'm not going to bother even trying to argue over OPINIONS (when two people have already picked your arguement apart, ate it, then told you everything that's wrong with it and that these are all opinions..).

But if you aren't serious, then good job sir!.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

HAZE-Unit

*scratches head*

Kind of. It's the running tally for GS review scores for the 3 current consoles, and PC. It also highlights the exclusives in each category (AAAA,AAA,ect...) and gives a running tally of those as well. It omits all GS recognized handhelds (hard to understand considering this is System Wars, and those Sytems are also a part of the discussion) and of course has nothing to say about any game that GS, for whatever reason, does not review... those games just disappear.

All in all it's a tool. It can be a useful tool for certain discussions, but it is certainly not the only set of data we are allowed to discuss here in SW, or take into account when we think to ourselves how certain systems compare to each other, which is what this thread attempts to do.

Lucid1314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Lucid1314
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

[QUOTE="NeoMerlin"]To conclude: No. Here's why the PC doesn't win. The PC is inconvenient. It's just not worth it to play games on the PC when I can have just as much fun, and sometimes more fun, on my PS3. Or on my DS. Or on a trampoline. Things that don't require large amounts of effort to play with. Let's count the number of times I've needed to update the hardware in my PS3 sinse I bought it or the number of times I've needed to search for the latest driver for a game. Or how about the number of times my PS3 has said "**** you, I'm not playing that." just because the graphics hardware came from the wrong maker. I stopped PC gaming the moment I got my PS3 and I've never looked back. Phoenix534

And some of his arguements are bad. No game ever, adn I mean ever, needs a specific graphical hardware maker. Some companies do have preferences, like Valve and AMD, but you don't need an ATI card to play Valve games.

when you game is praised for basically it's graphics alone such as Crysis (even though I personally found it a good game). Those really aren't bad points at all. Also, some games do run VERY badly when not using the game's recommended settings. I would know, I went from playing on a computer that was only good at running HL2 to a computer that runs Crysis on nearly highest settings possible on DX10 (apart from like one visual option that doesn't make the game look much different). Computers are expensive beasts and do require A LOT of maintenance to get the best experience of the game as possible.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]Exclusives are not the only things that matter. When comparting lineups, totals are what counts, not whether the games are exclusive or not. The PS3 has 7 more AAAs, 5 fewer AAs, and 1 more A. These are facts. The PS3 won.Silverbond

Total libraries only count? Have you always used total libraries? Have you only used total libraries?

That's honestly the first time I've heard that. Perhaps it's because it suits your argument?

When I sit down to game, it does'nt matter what the status of the game is, only that it is fun. Should'nt that define who won the year? What system has the most fun games? To be honest, I think these types of threads should be held after GOTY and other awards have been given out.
RadTad62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 RadTad62
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts

well im going to say this i guess i'm one of the few that don't care about who won this gen last gen or the gen after next. what i do care aboutare games. instead of being blinded by fanboy rage i play any game on any system if its something that interests me. i own both a 360 and a PS3 sony does some things that piss me off microsoft does some things that piss me off but i can look over thisas long as they keep coming out with good games on both systems. so while everybody else argues about pointless things like who won this gen, who has better graphics, what systems have more AAAE's and features i'll be reaping the benifits of what a good gaming year 2009 has been. so i'm going to play some games now and the rest of you can continue to call each other hermits, cows ,lemmings, goats, baboons, donkeys or what ever the hell you call each other now

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

I see no facts, only preference. I rather have 5 AAA top quality industry leading exclusive games then a bunch of AA's. I don't buy dozens of games a year just for one platform so I rather have the AAAE's over more AAE's, AE's don't even register with me, I'll play an AE game, but theres no way I'll shelve out 60 bucks for one. You still have multiplats to factor in, one can only buy so many games and I rather have less but better.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

I see votes saying I'm wrong and yet... no one is here to say why. To prove why.

Phoenix534

Well, it is System Wars. Most people here seem to believe "You're wrong" to be a valid arguement.

lol, on System Wars you are wrong and a noob by default :p
reveiwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92 reveiwer
Member since 2008 • 650 Posts

Here comes the PC fanboys, they are the worst of all.Drakes_Fortune

no cows are

NeoMerlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 NeoMerlin

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]Exclusives are not the only things that matter. When comparting lineups, totals are what counts, not whether the games are exclusive or not. The PS3 has 7 more AAAs, 5 fewer AAs, and 1 more A. These are facts. The PS3 won.Silverbond

Attention everybody: Please use only evidence that supports Silverbond's argument.
pattyp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 pattyp77

So much of this systems wars forum is made up of QUANTITY statistics... Who has most, sold most, etc...

How many of you are share holders in Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo...? Probably not many. So why do you all care so much about "volume of"...?

Gamers need to make judgements based on QUALITY and PRICE - FULL STOP.

- Quality, Reliability and Features of Hardware

- Quality, Reliability and Features of Software

- Price of Hardware (Initial investment and ongoing costs)

- Price of Software

PC had more second rate games and infinitely more absolutely garbage games... Yay!

Xbox360 had more hw failures then Chinese import bok-choi brand video cards...

PS3 sold less units and had low quality multi-plat ports...

Honestly... They ALL SUCK!!!!

pattyp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 pattyp77

Now where is my Dam yo-yo... Its game time!

NeoMerlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 NeoMerlin

pattyp77
Yo-yos kick ass.
pattyp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 pattyp77

[QUOTE="pattyp77"]

NeoMerlin

Yo-yos kick ass.

Oh dammit!!!

My Yo-yo says I need to upgrade firmware before I can walk the dog... Typical!

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Lucid1314

when you game is praised for basically it's graphics alone such as Crysis (even though I personally found it a good game). Those really aren't bad points at all. Also, some games do run VERY badly when not using the game's recommended settings. I would know, I went from playing on a computer that was only good at running HL2 to a computer that runs Crysis on nearly highest settings possible on DX10 (apart from like one visual option that doesn't make the game look much different). Computers are expensive beasts and do require A LOT of maintenance to get the best experience of the game as possible.

The maintenance and expense of PC is highly overexaggerated. Also, half his arguement was that games wouldn't run because your graphics card was a certain brand, but no game requires you to have an ATI card to run. Same with nVidia cards.