Apple Needs to Get the **** out of gaming, for gaming's sake.

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 jkmetalf
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts

Oh **** iOwn You (aka, apple) is brings Gears of War to iSuck (mac)

Gaming does not need apple. Please stick with music players with no removable battires and phones that have no buttons. (that nice screen, yeah, nice screen+finger smuges...) Whats the point? Macs are just not gaming machines, they are simply over priced and underpowered. No one wants to develop for you and no one buys a mac for their gaming needs. Please, just allow game makers to stick with windows, however much its sucks, it sucks less for gaming.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#2 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
:| I'm speachless, but I have to say something. I disagree.
ChopperDave1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ChopperDave1
Member since 2006 • 377 Posts

No one wants to develop for you

jkmetalf

looks like epic want to if they're bring GOW to it

jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jkmetalf
Disagree? This is apple we are talking about, all style no substance. Why should apple be in gaming?
jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jkmetalf
Is the TC implying microsoft is actually good?organic_machine
Better than apple.
Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts
And how does this affect you? It doesn't. If you don't like it, don't buy any hardware/software.
Ellipson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ellipson
Member since 2006 • 342 Posts

Call me when they have exclusives for Macs only and they open up the platform for DIY'ers.

Otherwise, why do you care? Doesn't affect you... oh wait, this is SW. Logic gets checked at the door.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 musicalmac  Moderator
Me thinks the FAKIN' is on the fryer... It smells fishy in here... Regardless, I still disagree with your points. I'd question the sanity of anyone who truly did.
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 organic_machine
[QUOTE="organic_machine"]Is the TC implying microsoft is actually good?jkmetalf
Better than apple.

how so?
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts

Allow me to summarize:

"Blah blah blah I hate apple. Piss moan piss moan drama drama angst. Personal attack on people who make the games I enjoy. Blah blah holier than thou attitude blah blah blah."

I think I summed it up pretty well there. :P

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 musicalmac  Moderator

Call me when they have exclusives for Macs only and they open up the platform for DIY'ers.

Otherwise, why do you care? Doesn't affect you... oh wait, this is SW. Logic gets checked at the door.

Ellipson
FYI- Halo was a Mac exclusive... Then MS swept in an bought Bungie... Sad day for us all.. I still take my hat off and demand a moment of silence when I think about it... :(
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

someone cant compete with comption :lol:

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 musicalmac  Moderator

Allow me to summarize:

"Blah blah blah I hate apple. Piss moan piss moan drama drama angst. Personal attack on people who make the games I enjoy. Blah blah holier than thou attitude blah blah blah."

I think I summed it up pretty well there. :P

Hoffgod
:lol: I wish I could have said it like that :lol: With you- I agree :)
jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jkmetalf
How so? Bad personal experience, I've been ragged on for owning a p.c, constant hyperbolye of how much better a mac is than a p.c, stupid p.c versis mac ads, overpriced to a serious degree.... so on and so on.
Mido2755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mido2755
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Apple is all about style. other than that they suck. My sister got an ibook just to run windows on it. nothing else
Ellipson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ellipson
I'm perfectly aware Halo was a Mac exclusive. So were the superior Marathon games, and I played those on their original platform. Soon as I get around to it, I'll be playing them on PC too. Great games.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
I'm excited that macs will get Gears and i hope more games support mac. it's my hope that this will eventually branch out to linux and then i can forget about proprietary OS's at home :)
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

Quite suprised at the MAc defending, I dont see the great fuss abotu it, OS X is just bad imo , the whole apple layout is abit odd compared with Windows ( I have to use it in College ).

Only one decent thing I Discovered on Mac OS X and that was Imovie ... in which case I now find Sony Vegas better.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 musicalmac  Moderator
I'm perfectly aware Halo was a Mac exclusive. So were the superior Marathon games, and I played those on their original platform. Soon as I get around to it, I'll be playing them on PC too. Great games.Ellipson
Oh I wasn't trying to sound mean. It was more a message aimed at the whole thread. I'm psyched I get to play Marathon Durandal again over XBLA. It was fun on Co-op before, if not a wee unreliable. I can't wait for solid 8 player co-op mode!!!
jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jkmetalf

Apple is all about style. other than that they suck. My sister got an ibook just to run windows on it. nothing elseMido2755
LOL! Wow. That made my day.

Competition? Until mac os x is available to diy'ers (like me) than they cannot compete. Oh, and when direct x 10 appears on the mac os x or whatever, p.m me

Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts
Macs can boot in Windows ya know. :wink:
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 organic_machine
How so? Bad personal experience, I've been ragged on for owning a p.c, constant hyperbolye of how much better a mac is than a p.c, stupid p.c versis mac ads, overpriced to a serious degree.... so on and so on. jkmetalf
so you've never owned one? :|
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 musicalmac  Moderator

Quite suprised at the MAc defending, I dont see the great fuss abotu it, OS X is just bad imo , the whole apple layout is abit odd compared with Windows ( I have to use it in College ).

Only one decent thing I Discovered on Mac OS X and that was Imovie ... in which case I now find Sony Vegas better.

Meu2k7
Hahaewww Vegas... It's ok if you like it better, opinions are opinions.
I'm excited that macs will get Gears and i hope more games support mac. it's my hope that this will eventually branch out to linux and then i can forget about proprietary OS's at home :)Ontain
That's the kind of attitude I can respect. I am totally on board with that :)
Dr_Neptune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Dr_Neptune
Member since 2007 • 510 Posts

soon i will be buying a powermac for work. its easy to dual boot with windows vista and play any game i want with 4GB of ram and high end graphics with a dual core processor.

= you are wrong about mac's being useless for gaming.

you might argue that i could buy a PC for cheaper, but i want apple for work, so that kind of falls through.

jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jkmetalf

[QUOTE="jkmetalf"]How so? Bad personal experience, I've been ragged on for owning a p.c, constant hyperbolye of how much better a mac is than a p.c, stupid p.c versis mac ads, overpriced to a serious degree.... so on and so on. organic_machine

I've used them, (roomates college,) and constant ragging by them about how much windows sucked and mac was so much better. Do I want to own one? Why the **** would I want to own overpriced @#@$? Ipod non removable battery=suck. Itunes not playing nicely with WMA=wtf? No I do not want my wma in acc thank you very much.

jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jkmetalf

soon i will be buying a powermac for work. its easy to dual boot with windows vista and play any game i want with 4GB of ram and high end graphics with a dual core processor.

= you are wrong about mac's being useless for gaming. Enjoy spending all the money on it too.

you might argue that i could buy a PC for cheaper, but i want apple for work, so that kind of falls through.

Dr_Neptune

Ok, why do you want a mac for work? What makes it so much better?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Macs need some GeOW love too...
Ellipson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ellipson

[QUOTE="organic_machine"][QUOTE="jkmetalf"]How so? Bad personal experience, I've been ragged on for owning a p.c, constant hyperbolye of how much better a mac is than a p.c, stupid p.c versis mac ads, overpriced to a serious degree.... so on and so on. jkmetalf

I've used them, (roomates college,) and constant ragging by them about how much windows sucked and mac was so much better. Do I want to own one? Why the **** would I want to own overpriced @#@$? Ipod non removable battery=suck. Itunes not playing nicely with WMA=wtf? No I do not want my wma in acc thank you very much.

The itunes format (whatever it is) doesn't play nice in WMA either. So?

Dr_Neptune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dr_Neptune
Member since 2007 • 510 Posts
[QUOTE="Dr_Neptune"]

= you are wrong about mac's being useless for gaming. Enjoy spending all the money on it too.

jkmetalf

Ok, why do you want a mac for work? What makes it so much better?

chances are if i did the same work on a PC, i would end up with almost exactly the same product, but it would take longer and be more stress. i use programs like photoshop, final cut pro, logic 3 etc, which all work together making it much easier for me to do work on a mac.

i also like the interface better, and the speed and reliability.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#31 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

uh... What's apple doing to gaming that's so terrible?

infact, what are they doing to it at all?

hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
...ok, this is bad news?
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Shrugs.

Oh well, I'm off to pre-order Gears for my MacBook...

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

[QUOTE="Ontain"]I'm excited that macs will get Gears and i hope more games support mac. it's my hope that this will eventually branch out to linux and then i can forget about proprietary OS's at home :)musicalmac
That's the kind of attitude I can respect. I am totally on board with that :)

I don't understand why gamers would care if games go to mac it's not like they aren't going to be able to enjoy them as well. it's not even like the console wars where exclusive games might matter. because macs aren't really bought for gaming.

most computer gamers will always be windows because it allows them to build their own system and upgrade as they want. That's not going to change until linux becomes a more popular gaming platform or apple opens up it's hardware. I don't see either happening soon but at least devs are trying to support other os's.

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
i disagree. maybe pc gaming will finally be good.
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
I hope they start to whoop Microsoft in computers and force MS to make a decent OS that doesnt have so many issues...I HATE MONOPOLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!
_MURS_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 _MURS_
Member since 2007 • 2342 Posts

wtf??

You couldnt be more wrong...we need apple....

I play brick on my ipod more than i play my psp, ds, and all the consoles combined.....

IbukiNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 IbukiNinja
Member since 2007 • 878 Posts

Disagree? This is apple we are talking about, all style no substance. Why should apple be in gaming? jkmetalf

That same company who won that lawsuit against M$ for stealing ideas from them? That no substance company you talking about? The same company who M$ stole Bungie from?

redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts
If you buy a comparable PC @ $800, the MAC would cost about $1500+.:shock:
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

i hope apple get serious about games and do what they can to provide a real alternative to windows as a gaming OS in the PC world. it certainly would be nice for some competition.

it would also be sweet if apple seperated their OS and hardware. yes there are disadvantages but giving PC users a real choice in OS for their PC would be great. yes theres linux but its not great for games really. it could be but the linux community are more focused on the business side of things (and understandably so).

apple make some crackin hardware. yes theres the panzy machines but there new mac pros are something else. the latest mac pro has an 8 core processor based on the core architecture. the selection of graphics chip is a bit poor for the machine but if it was possible to whack 2 8800GTXs in there then......wow. at the mo its aimed at artists rather than gamers but with a few adjustments it could be a crackin games machine.

apple...u are most welcome. just get ure stuff together and u may do great things.

arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 arinya
Member since 2006 • 1054 Posts

Oh **** iOwn You (aka, apple) is brings Gears of War to iSuck (mac)

Gaming does not need apple. Please stick with music players with no removable battires and phones that have no buttons. (that nice screen, yeah, nice screen+finger smuges...) Whats the point? Macs are just not gaming machines, they are simply over priced and underpowered. No one wants to develop for you and no one buys a mac for their gaming needs. Please, just allow game makers to stick with windows, however much its sucks, it sucks less for gaming.

jkmetalf
How would gaming suck if done on a Mac now? Need some details.
elite_ferns1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 elite_ferns1
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts
i always wondered why they named themselves 'Apple'. Sounds weird.
Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

I'll show you that Steve Jobs is the worse fanboy at all and has the most baseless argument of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frR3jKBccgA

Avatar image for norfair_dweller
norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 norfair_dweller
Member since 2007 • 1639 Posts

It's not that Mac is bad, it's just Windows is far more poular.

hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts

I'll show you that Steve Jobs is the worse fanboy at all and has the most baseless argument of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frR3jKBccgA

NobuoMusicMaker

Do you realize how old that is? And what Jobs is saying is true, Vista is a bad rip off of OSX.

ANti_RiCeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ANti_RiCeR
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

[QUOTE="jkmetalf"]Disagree? This is apple we are talking about, all style no substance. Why should apple be in gaming? IbukiNinja

That same company who won that lawsuit against M$ for stealing ideas from them? That no substance company you talking about? The same company who M$ stole Bungie from?

apple stole ideas too. From creative actually, the ipod interface was copyright infringement from apple onto creative.

akruan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 akruan
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts

This mac is not getting out of gaming anytime soon. Not at a 120+ fps. Oh and Adobe CS3, Final Cut Studio and OSX? I don't say windows is crap and windows will always have the majority of the market thus more software for it so that's good. But my sessy MacBook Pro Runs OSX and Vista. All in native speeds. I don't think they are overpriced, I think they give you the best of both worlds. And all of you are closed minded if you disagree with that. Because when is having less better than more?

MetalContra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MetalContra
Member since 2006 • 1131 Posts
microsoft needs to get out of the console race
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 musicalmac  Moderator

I don't think they are overpriced, I think they give you the best of both worlds. And all of you are closed minded if you disagree with that. Because when is having less better than more?

akruan
I agree 145%. Well said.
jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jkmetalf

This mac is not getting out of gaming anytime soon. Not at a 120+ fps. Oh and Adobe CS3, Final Cut Studio and OSX? I don't say windows is crap and windows will always have the majority of the market thus more software for it so that's good. But my sessy MacBook Pro Runs OSX and Vista. All in native speeds. I don't think they are overpriced, I think they give you the best of both worlds. And all of you are closed minded if you disagree with that. Because when is having less better than more?

akruan

Oh, they're overpriced all right. If I can build a p.c that performs better for less, your mac is overpriced. And 120fps on what half life 2? Yeah, half life 2 is not gears.