Apex Legends might be my game of the generation.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

Game is completely accessible yet has tons of depth.

It’s the first AAA quality BR that has a F2P model that is actually F2P....unlike COD.

I’ve never played Blackout, but Apex for me is too much fun. The fact that they condensed the map and opponents by reducing the player count but making player play in squads of 3 is genius.

Why?

Bc so many people aren’t the best shooters at these games, I’m average at best. But the way the guns handle, the fact that there are support players now that you’re on a team? It’s just better.

I’ve gotten a chicken dinner before in PUBG. But literally waited out the whole match until the ring was super small and just fired at the guy and won.

In Apex, loot matters even more. You can get armor...but someone else might have double the armor. Guns handle and fire vastly different so you want to find your favorite. Teammates need things so you have to follow bc in all my Apex games the ones most fun or did the best most of the time was when I stuck with my squad.

Great fun.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

It's stupidly good fun. I've only played a few games, but my brother and his friends have sunk some serious time so far. I'll be getting into it more going on. I think the highest we got was second, so i'd like to win a match.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

I can't thank PC enough for creating and being the main development platform of this amazing genre.

Should win a Nobel Peace Prize.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By That_Old_Guy

@zaryia said:

I can't thank PC enough for creating and being the main development platform of this amazing genre.

I play on PS4. Funny enough wasn’t that 60 person shooter on PS2 a BR game?

Wouldnt that be the granddaddy and not the beloved PUBG which is an shit their game technically at best anyway?

Was it SOCOM? Was that the name?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@that_old_guy: Lol socom wasn't a BR... BR in the vein we see it today was originated in the arma modding scene. H1 came before pubg did as well.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zaryia
@that_old_guy said:
@zaryia said:

Wouldnt that be the granddaddy and not the beloved PUBG which is an shit their game technically at best anyway?

Nope. It was PC, through and through. Which is still the best platform to play these all on by far.

Trump should ask for Nobel for PC.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 That_Old_Guy

@zaryia: good thing it plays best on console since there aren’t as many if any hacks and cheats.

But yeah thanks PC gaming....we’ll take it from here.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zaryia
@that_old_guy said:

@zaryia: good thing it plays best on console since there aren’t as many if any hacks and cheats.

But yeah thanks PC gaming....we’ll take it from here.

1. It factually plays best on PC because KB/M exist. As does Fortnite, Pubg, etc. Lmao shooters on thumbsticks.

2. "We'll take it from here". Yawn. I heard this about e-sports, arena shooters, rts, mmos, arpgs, etc. You ended up taking nothing. PC still has the biggest/most of these by huge margins.

Trymore6589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Trymore6589
Member since 2019 • 10 Posts

Thanks to my PC that allows me to play my favorite game . It such a beautiful emotion. I often drop in Mantigames to have more choices.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

@trymore6589:

Congratulations! You find gaming!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#11  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

In theory my favourite BR is still PUBG. I mean I prefer the more methodical pace and targets are not so bullet sponges. But technically sucks. Apex is really good and fun but the time to kill is just silly at times. I was looking at the stats of one of my characters and I have 60 headshots and 25 kills. Feels a bit broken for me.

What I want from a BR game is that it gets rid of the the loot and lets me pick a loadout. That's the most annoying part of every BR game. But I like the genre, it made me play online shooters again after many years. I used to play a lot CS and CS: Source.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 That_Old_Guy

@phbz said:

In theory my favourite BR is still PUBG. I mean I prefer the more methodical pace and targets are not so bullet sponges. But technically sucks. Apex is really good and fun but the time to kill is just silly at times. I was looking at the stats of one of my characters and I have 60 headshots and 25 kills. Feels a bit broken for me.

What I want from a BR game is that it gets rid of the the loot and lets me pick a loadout. That's the most annoying part of every BR game. But I like the genre, it made me play online shooters again after many years. I used to play a lot CS and CS: Source.

i feel that’s the genius behind it. It forces you to continue to look for gear instead of just turtle game in some shack for 20 minutes.

I’ve done it in Apex as well but only when my squad breaks up or I’m the only one left. Usually though people are good about playing as a team.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 That_Old_Guy

@zaryia: I’m sure you’ve heard it all before as I can tell youre a wise old man with such insight.

Either way, it’s fun on console but leave it to the hermits to praise up PC where it’s not needed to be brought up.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

No. Its trash.

Killed SP titanfall 3.

Game of gen is still

This game right here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

GOTG is a stretch, but Apex Legends is really really good!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I love the game, I had a lot of fun playing so far. Even losing. When you can have fun losing it's always a sign to me that a game is very good. But I can already see a shift in the playerbase. I run into more people using microphones who get very serious about winning, and people who move around left to right nervously all the time and are very serious about their suggested drop spot or character picks.

I hope that the players can keep viewing it as a fun game that we're all trying to win, and not some kind of sports match that you trained for years for and you bet your house on, where you get all emotional and yell at people to really rub it in when something doesn't work out, or when they didn't do something the way you wanted them to. Not everyone who plays these games is going to be as good as you are in your thoughts. Not everyone plays these games to get yelled at or to have a bad time unless they win.

Teaching people to play board games really gives you a different outlook on this type of behavior, because then it's suddenly about letting everyone have fun even if they're doing poorly while still trying to win it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

@KungfuKitten: That's a good argument, I catch myself getting too involved within some Apex games these days. Caring about stats seems to be a culprit. I did win twice in a row yesterday through heavy communication and teamwork. That has it's own blissful feeling as this game has many combo's to output for satisfying teamplay. The verticality of the map helps with this, the game is designed to also be competitive. What get's me irritated is when my two other players are both in a party and always run off together and don't listen to any call outs I make or see the places I go. Either way games got to stay clean, especially when paired up with strangers.

Apex Legends is also a straight 10/10 for me. Best multiplayer FPS shooter this generation and by far the best Battle Royale title. Fortnite's building is borderline rediculous and PUBG is one of the most frustratingly broken experiences there is. I had my time with PUBG, and the realism can be fun. But the game always ends up with me being frustrated.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

It's pretty good. I'd leave it at that.

It's basically Titanfall with a BR forumla without different modes, wallrunning and titans. Wouldn't even dream to call it GotG myself. It's better than Fortnite at least.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

No. Its trash.

Killed SP titanfall 3.

Game of gen is still

This game right here.

That's laughable.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@zaryia said:
@that_old_guy said:
@zaryia said:

Nope. It was PC, through and through. Which is still the best platform to play these all on by far.

Trump should ask for Nobel for PC.

Trump is a PS4 fan hermit.

And lol at a shitty battle royal game being GOTY. Guess what the best game of the year will again be a PS4 exclusive.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghosts4ever

@Randoggy said:
@ghosts4ever said:

No. Its trash.

Killed SP titanfall 3.

Game of gen is still

This game right here.

That's laughable.

Name me a better game.

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

Having bundles of fun with Apex Legends! Still playing PUBG at the same time but AL is much more snappy and 'fun' for want of a better word. I do enjoy the slowness of PUBG still however. All better than the building sim that is Fortnite

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

Was enjoying this game until I started getting shitty teammates who don't communicate or play as a team. They go off and do their own thing.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@zaryia said:

Some one felt left out..lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@ghosts4ever: GOW, RDR2, Witcher 3, Zelda Botw and many more.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghosts4ever

@Gamerno6666 said:

@ghosts4ever: GOW, RDR2, Witcher 3, Zelda Botw and many more.

no not really. not especially witcher 3. not even metro is Doom good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@ghosts4ever: nah they are better and superior in every aspect than metro and doom.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

I'll admit I havent tried it yet, but PUBG still appeals to me more. Im not really into the gadgets and abilities that Apex has as well as the takedown time, and I think Id prefer straight gun fights. Maybe because I know I'll get owned on Apex, but I'll give it a try. Looks so much better than PUBG, but I still prefer the bigger maps.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

I think i'm the only one that thought it wasn't bad but that's about it?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@jahnee said:

@KungfuKitten: That's a good argument, I catch myself getting too involved within some Apex games these days. Caring about stats seems to be a culprit. I did win twice in a row yesterday through heavy communication and teamwork. That has it's own blissful feeling as this game has many combo's to output for satisfying teamplay. The verticality of the map helps with this, the game is designed to also be competitive. What get's me irritated is when my two other players are both in a party and always run off together and don't listen to any call outs I make or see the places I go. Either way games got to stay clean, especially when paired up with strangers.

Apex Legends is also a straight 10/10 for me. Best multiplayer FPS shooter this generation and by far the best Battle Royale title. Fortnite's building is borderline rediculous and PUBG is one of the most frustratingly broken experiences there is. I had my time with PUBG, and the realism can be fun. But the game always ends up with me being frustrated.

Yeah, and I get it, it just happens. People get serious and emotional when playing something competitively. It's human. It's just kittens like me who can't handle it. But what you just did by looking at your own behavior is tough for most people. To be able to look at yourself and ask: "Am I doing this right?" That is a valuable skill. Hold on to it.

I do have a hot tip for sensitive people like me: Use the voice chat to text option in the audio settings. This way people can't sound too angry because you won't actually hear them speak. And on top of that it won't transcribe cussing (at least so far). For example: Last round we got 2nd place because of a pretty bad last firefight and it said 'Thank you people.' But I'm pretty sure he actually said "**** you people." considering the context of the match and how serious he was being up to that point. It does help take off the edge of voice chat without just muting everybody. (BTW I think 2nd place is a pretty good spot.)

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Ive gotten first twice, im not that good average at best, the first game I won i was carried by my teamates, they revived me 4 times, I was basically the bullet sponge for the team lol

I have hated on the BR genre very hard this gen, hate pubg and fortnite, apex did it right, the revive system makes it so much better and gives incentive to stick around. Also the gunplay is great.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I tried it 3 days ago and it doesn't seem that special to me.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#33 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I don't like Apex at all but its a well made game and I won't begrudge anyone who is enjoying it.

for me, PUBG works because its like a faster-paced Dayz. The slow pace and large map is a critical part of the tension that makes it exciting for me. I vastly prefer the more realistic, recoil heavy gunplay style. Sometimes you have crazy matches where you and your squad get screwed over with terrible gear but play really carefully and somehow manage to win. When I did play Apex, I often felt like I was losing shootouts because the other squads had better stuff, not because they were shooting better or using their abilities more smartly.

Apex feels like a slow paced and deliberately imbalanced Overwatch or something along those lines. I felt the same way about Blackout. I'd probably enjoy Apex more if it had Overwatch style game modes or something.

Ring of Elysium is still the only other BR game I like because it has the slower combat pace of PUBG but with gadgets that let you get around quickly, which solves the biggest problem people usually have with these BR games with huge maps.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Mechanically, it’s very good. Alas, so was TF, which got short shrift for being on Xbox exclusively, albeit there were certain weapons that were BS.

Problem is I don’t find BRs to be reliably engaging. Perhaps I’m too expectant in what a MP FPS should provide. But for a game with deeply involved shooting mechanics to routinely drop you into a circumstance of subsistence and incessant inventory management is not appealing for long.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

I was surprised at it. It almost seems like the game was purposefully released at this time as a preemptive apology for Anthem.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zaryia
@knight-k said:

And lol at a shitty battle royal

Battle Royal > Movie Games. Now go back to playing games once a week for 2 hours, non gamer soccer mom.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@zaryia said:
@knight-k said:

Battle Royal > Movie Games. Now go back to playing games once a week for 2 hours, non gamer soccer mom.

LMFAO, the pathetic state of "PC gaming" LOL a free to play battle royale game is the best you hermits have?! LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOo!

I'm going back to God of war or Red dead 2 have fun with your free to play shit hermit

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@knight-k: Work on your comebacks, they're lacking a bit.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zaryia
@knight-k said:
@zaryia said:
@knight-k said:

LMFAO, the pathetic state of "PC gaming"

PC is winning GS with over 120 more (AAA/AA) video games than PS4 at the moment.

PC is top esports, competitive, and mp gaming in general.

PC is top gfx and performance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#40  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

BR... yawn*

Xabiss