Any ps3 multiplats that are better then 360s?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Caramel_Fantasy
Caramel_Fantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Caramel_Fantasy
Member since 2006 • 220 Posts

After what happen to bayonetta i just dont understand why 360 mps are always the better version. :? Do devs even try:question:

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Darksiders and Dragon Age come to mind.
Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts
Dragon Age Origins, Batman AA, Darksiders and others, specially those that are enhanced versions like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. The firsts are if we go by the miniscule details that really doesn't matter much which is basically what lemmings call "superior" most of the time. Bayonetta is the exception and it was because Sega did an exceptionally bad job.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Dragon Age

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Dragon Age Origins, Batman AA, Darksiders and others, specially those that are enhanced versions like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. The firsts are if we go by the miniscule details that really doesn't matter much which is basically what lemmings call "superior" most of the time. Bayonetta is the exception and it was because Sega did an exceptionally bad job.Odrec
batman aa is better on the 360 i thought
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Odrec"]Dragon Age Origins, Batman AA, Darksiders and others, specially those that are enhanced versions like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. The firsts are if we go by the miniscule details that really doesn't matter much which is basically what lemmings call "superior" most of the time. Bayonetta is the exception and it was because Sega did an exceptionally bad job.Jandurin

Plays better on 360, has exclusive content on PS3. Personally, I prefer content, hence why I supported the PS2 RE4 over the GC one last gen.
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

Darksidees, Dragon age, Burnout, hmmm thats all what comes to my mind.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

Burnout Paradise springs to mind and oblivion aswell (in some areas) if we go by the things most fanboys would like those comparrasin thingys xD.

Most are bout the same with slight diffrences being honest altho there are exceptions like bayonettta and orange box.

sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sayonara89
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts

DA, Darksiders, Fifa 10, Bionic Commando, Wanted: WoF, Terminator S, Tomb Raider Underworld.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Odrec"]Dragon Age Origins, Batman AA, Darksiders and others, specially those that are enhanced versions like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. The firsts are if we go by the miniscule details that really doesn't matter much which is basically what lemmings call "superior" most of the time. Bayonetta is the exception and it was because Sega did an exceptionally bad job.Skittles_McGee

Plays better on 360, has exclusive content on PS3. Personally, I prefer content, hence why I supported the PS2 RE4 over the GC one last gen.

Batman plays better because you like 360controller more?

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="Jandurin"] batman aa is better on the 360 i thoughtaroxx_ab

No, thats simply what I heard.
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sayonara89
[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] Plays better on 360, has exclusive content on PS3. Personally, I prefer content, hence why I supported the PS2 RE4 over the GC one last gen.Skittles_McGee

So you heard wrong, fps is the same.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I got you a list here.:D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

i heard that the 360 version has AA or some nonsense, whereas the PS3 version does not.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Skittles_McGee

mitu123
They have Darksiders listed as being completely better on 360. Somehow, I think thats mistaken :?
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sayonara89
[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] No, thats simply what I heard.Jandurin

i heard that the 360 version has AA or some nonsense, whereas the PS3 version does not.

MSAAx2 on some edges and SSAO. PS3 version has better self shadows.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="sayonara89"] So you heard wrong, fps is the same.sayonara89

what's a self shadow :S
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sayonara89
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Skittles_McGee
They have Darksiders listed as being completely better on 360. Somehow, I think thats mistaken :?

IGN and Gamespot comparisons are a joke. Only LoT and DF really matters.
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sayonara89
[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="Jandurin"] i heard that the 360 version has AA or some nonsense, whereas the PS3 version does not.Jandurin

Screenshot number 2 http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=14110
CODnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CODnut
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

Darksiders and Dragon Age come to mind.Skittles_McGee

Well i heard that Dragon Age looked better on PS3 but ran smoother on 360, as for Darksiders i didn't hear anything about it being better on PS3.

Anyway one older game that comes to mind that was much better on PS3 both in graphics and gameplay was Fight Night Round 3. However that was because the dev's put it out on PS3 an entire year later, so they had all that time to improve it, according to popular opinion.

My opinion is 360 architecture is so nearly identical to develop on as PC architecture that it's just a much smoother transition, but PS3 architecture is totally different and much harder and time consuming.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

sayonara89

IGN and Gamespot comparisons are a joke. Only LoT and DF really matters.

I'm going to disagree, but anyway thats the strange thing. They used IGN for that comparison.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#22 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Skittles_McGee

Blame IGN, you can see their icon listed next to the game anyways. They suck at doing this, they even said GTA IV is better on PS3 when multiple sites confirmed it's much better on 360 since it had HD support and 2xAA.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Darksiders and Dragon Age come to mind.CODnut
Well i heard that Dragon Age looked better on PS3 but ran smoother on 360, as for Darksiders i didn't hear anything about it being better on PS3. Anyway one older game that comes to mind that was much better on PS3 both in graphics and gameplay was Fight Night Round 3. However that was because the dev's put it out on PS3 an entire year later, so they had all that time to improve, according to popular opinion. My opinion is 360 architecture is so nearly identical to develop on as PC architecture that it's just a much smoother transition, but PS3 architecture is totally different and much harder and time consuming.

There was enough difference in the two console versions of Dragon Age that the score was actually different. Had to be something fairly tangible. Darksiders has a better framerate and less screen tearing on PS3. It was mentioned in Gamespot's review, for reference.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

mitu123

Blame IGN, you can see their icon listed next to the game anyways. They suck at doing this, they even said GTA IV is better on PS3 when multiple sites confirmed it's much better on 360 since it had HD support and 2xAA.

Hm. Never heard about that. Guess that makes sense now, anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="sayonara89"] MSAAx2 on some edges and SSAO. PS3 version has better self shadows.sayonara89

oh, who cares about cutscenes? All I care is how it looks and plays when I'm actually playing but thanks for the information. it does look better on the ps3 in those cutscenes
hreyhreyy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hreyhreyy2
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

you have to relize when people mention oblivion and bioshock those games HAD AN EXTRA year of devlopment for the PS3

hreyhreyy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hreyhreyy2
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="Jandurin"] what's a self shadow :SJandurin

oh, who cares about cutscenes? All I care is how it looks and plays when I'm actually playing but thanks for the information. it does look better on the ps3 in those cutscenes

hes a heavy rain fan so cutscene=gameplay

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Darksiders and Dragon Age come to mind.Skittles_McGee
Those are 2 very different examples, both of which are misleading. Dragon Age PS3's texture quality was marginally benefitted from the mandatory install possible on the PS3, but at the expense of framerate, which was notably better on 360. And Darksiders 360 is getting patched this week, making the 2 versions (Xbox and PS3) intentical. If you wanted to buy Darksiders on day one, as I did, you got the PS3 version, but the week after it launched, everyone will be having the same experience. With Dragon Age, you have to ask yourself if you preffer better textures or framerate. So it's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be. As everyone here knows the 360 generally has superior multiplatform games graphically... just check out Gamestops Multiplatform comparison screenshots if you doubt this.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Darksiders and Dragon Age come to mind.donalbane
Those are 2 very different examples, both of which are misleading. Dragon Age PS3's texture quality was marginally benefitted from the mandatory install possible on the PS3, but at the expense of framerate, which was notably better on 360. And Darksiders 360 is getting patched this week, making the 2 versions (Xbox and PS3) intentical. If you wanted to buy Darksiders on day one, as I did, you got the PS3 version, but the week after it launched, everyone will be having the same experience. With Dragon Age, you have to ask yourself if you preffer better textures or framerate. So it's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be. As everyone here knows the 360 generally has superior multiplatform games graphically... just check out Gamestops Multiplatform comparison screenshots if you doubt this.

I thought the patch was only fixing the screen tearing, which still leaves the framerate. I just mention Dragon Age because there had to be a fairly substantial difference to score one higher than the other.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 donalbane

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="sayonara89"] Screenshot number 2 http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=14110hreyhreyy2

hes a heavy rain fan so cutscene=gameplay

Don't knock heavy rain... the cutscenes are incredibly dynamic. Your comparing 2 very different genres, so you your critisizm is completely unfounded.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

I dunno, it wasn't just textures, it was the color and warmth and complexity of features on faces etc.
CODnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CODnut
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

True Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was alot better on PS3 smoother framerates and slightly better graphics, but again Oblivion came out on PS3 over a year after it came out on 360, so dev's had all that time to touch it it up.

So it all depends what you want to believe i guess, i personally think that there are both pros and cons to both 360 and PS3 hardware, but in the end results in graphics and gameplay are so minor that it doesn't really make a difference which system you have.

It depends on the skill of the developer and the time they invest on each dev kit, but neither 360 or PS3 is the odd man out, if anything the Wii is the only one left behind this gen as far as graphics and gameplay and online services go, and yet it out sells the other 2 so whose to say.

It just comes down to whatever floats your boat ( personal preference ) of gameplay, graphics and game library.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#34 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

I just mention Dragon Age because there had to be a fairly substantial difference to score one higher than the other.Skittles_McGee
There wasn't a substantial difference between the PS3 and X360 versions. I had this discussion before with Kevin-V and he failed to show otherwise.

sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sayonara89

You really belive that they will fix tearing and framerate that qiuck? They coudn't do this durning the years of game development on EASY TO DEVELOP console :D I highly doubt that this patch will make any diffrence.
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sayonara89

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]I just mention Dragon Age because there had to be a fairly substantial difference to score one higher than the other.Stevo_the_gamer

There wasn't a substantial difference between the PS3 and X360 versions. I had this discussion before with Kevin-V and he failed to show otherwise.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=16618
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 donalbane

True Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was alot better on PS3 smoother framerates and slightly better graphics, but again Oblivion came out on PS3 over a year after it came out on 360, so dev's had all that time to touch it it up.

So it all depends what you want to believe i guess, i personally think that there are both pros and cons to both 360 and PS3 hardware, but in the end results in graphics and gameplay are so minor that it doesn't really make a difference which system you have.

It depends on the skill of the developer and the time they invest on each dev kit, but neither 360 or PS3 is the odd man out, if anything the Wii is the only one left behind this gen as far as graphics and gameplay and online services go, and yet it out sells the other 2 so whose to say.

It just comes down to whatever floats your boat ( personal preference ) of gameplay, graphics and game library.

CODnut

The graphical features you mention about the PS3 Oblivion (draw distance and dithering improvements) got patched into the 360 (and PC) version the same time the PS3 version launched. The PS3 version did have shorter loads, though... once again the result of a mandatory install. I agree though, these differences are minor generally, and typically the result of developer comfort zones with a given system. Honestly, all things being equal, I choose multiplats based on controller preference and online-emphasis.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 donalbane

[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Darksiders and Dragon Age come to mind.sayonara89

You really belive that they will fix tearing and framerate that qiuck? They coudn't do this durning the years of game development on EASY TO DEVELOP console :D I highly doubt that this patch will make any diffrence.

Sure do :D

Linkity

sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sayonara89
[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="CODnut"]

The graphical features you mention about the PS3 Oblivion got patched into the 360 (and PC) version the same time the PS3 version launched. The PS3 version did have shorter loads, though... once again the result of a mandatory install. I agree though, these differences are minor generally, and typically the result of developer comfort zones with a given system. Honestly, all things being equal, I choose multiplats based on controller preference and online-emphasis.

GOTY edition of 360 version looks almost the same as retail, still has sub hd resolution and poor anisotropic filtering (compared to 720p on PS3 and good filtering). I heard that PS3 play just from the disc (no install at all).
deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#40 deathtarget04
Member since 2009 • 2266 Posts

Dragon age, has the only noticeable difference.

I dont know about Darksiders. How is that better?

As for Batman, the exclusive Joker content is on PS3, but i heard than it runs smoother on 360.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.FlamesOfGrey

no just not, the 360 version was pretty much all ways better all the ps3 version had was draw distance which was fix on the 360 version i an update.

edit: yet again people are mistaking the 360 version was all ways superior the load times destroyed ps3 load times and if you installed oblivion it totally killed the ps3 version in load times, frame rate was never worse, and all the ps3 version had over the 360 version was draw distance oh and more bugs.

The ps3 version was vastly more buggy then the 360 or pc versions, and the ps3 version got less then half the content the pc and 360 version got.
so yes oblivion was superior on the 360 specially cause of DLC.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 donalbane
[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="CODnut"]

The graphical features you mention about the PS3 Oblivion got patched into the 360 (and PC) version the same time the PS3 version launched. The PS3 version did have shorter loads, though... once again the result of a mandatory install. I agree though, these differences are minor generally, and typically the result of developer comfort zones with a given system. Honestly, all things being equal, I choose multiplats based on controller preference and online-emphasis.

GOTY edition of 360 version looks almost the same as retail, still has sub hd resolution and poor anisotropic filtering (compared to 720p on PS3 and good filtering). I heard that PS3 play just from the disc (no install at all).

Turns out it was an OPTIONAL 4.4Gb Oblivion install. Didn't know about the Halo 3-esque sub 720p resolution. I stand corrected. (Though the 360 version did get a terrific patch that improved dithering and draw distance when the PS3 version launched. I was thrilled.)
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 donalbane
[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

As for Batman, the exclusive Joker content is on PS3, but i heard than it runs smoother on 360.

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

Darksiders on 360 has framerate drops and seam tearing, both of which are getting patched in a matter of days. So for early adopters, the PS3 version is superior. For anybody jumping on the Darksiders wagon later, it should be a toss up.
2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

After what happen to bayonetta i just dont understand why 360 mps are always the better version. :? Do devs even try:question:

Caramel_Fantasy
majority of gamers dun care, coz they aren't PC programmers nor analysts, they just get the game on their system of choice or based on how cool the box art, i was like that till i joined the GS commnuity .......... so it really doesn't matter for many gamers.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.WilliamRLBaker

no just not, the 360 version was pretty much all ways better all the ps3 version had was draw distance which was fix on the 360 version i an update.

edit: yet again people are mistaking the 360 version was all ways superior the load times destroyed ps3 load times and if you installed oblivion it totally killed the ps3 version in load times, frame rate was never worse, and all the ps3 version had over the 360 version was draw distance oh and more bugs.

The ps3 version was vastly more buggy then the 360 or pc versions, and the ps3 version got less then half the content the pc and 360 version got.
so yes oblivion was superior on the 360 specially cause of DLC.

both are as buggy as one another its a pretty buggy game to be brutally honest, the framerate is much more smooth on the PS3 im not joking.But i will say that installation cant be done by all users where as the PS3 is automatically installed from the get go so the arguement is a grey area as not everyone will install it to the HDD or even have a HDD as standard on the 360 so in some senses that arguement falls into a grey area as its not gonna be accesible by ALL users so not everyone is benifiting from this.

Also the DLC from what i remember was a couple of reskinned horses and a tower nothing that really really added to the gameplay to be brutally honest and most likely only bought by an extremely small proportion of the games owners.

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

donalbane

deathtarget04

Darksiders on 360 has framerate drops and seam tearing, both of which are getting patched in a matter of days. So for early adopters, the PS3 version is superior. For anybody jumping on the Darksiders wagon later, it should be a toss up.

99% of multiplats games look and play better on the XBOX360.I have buy Darksiders for the 360 and i have install the game and i don't notice any framerate drops and i have less tearing with install.Τhankfully the patch it will come and the game it will play perfect on the XBOX360.I have rent the game on the ps3(just to see the differences) but i notice the game on the 360 it have better colors and bit more sharp and clear graphics.I think again the game is a bit better on the XBOX360.

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

burnout paradise is better on ps3, thats all i know, eh and bioshock aswell

sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sayonara89

99% of multiplats games look and play better on the XBOX360.I have buy Darksiders for the 360 and i have install the game and i don't notice any framerate drops and i have less tearing with install.Τhankfully the patch it will come and the game it will play perfect on the XBOX360.I have rent the game on the ps3(just to see the differences) but i notice the game on the 360 it have better colors and bit more sharp and clear graphics.I think again the game is a bit better on the XBOX360.

Panosola

:D

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Caramel_Fantasy
dragon age, and batman: AA has bonus content.