Any one who thinks Bioware has "fallen" is utterly clueless.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14949 Posts
Seriously....lets see. Their primary series, the Mass Effect series, is one of, if not the most critically acclaimed new franchise this gen and they have released the biggest MMO since World of Warcraft. That alone makes the idea that they have "fallen" completely baseless. As for the Dragon Age II......it would be worrying, but wait..............it was their SECONDARY team that made the game. And really, DAII's release can HELP Bioware in the long run in teaching them A) Not to rush unfinished games out to market (which they have already learned, pushing back ME3) and B) What really worked (character progression and character writing) and what didn't (encounter design and world design). As for those wanting to blame EA...how do they make Bioware worse? Stripping "RPG elements"...Jade Empire under Microsoft anyone? Pre-order bonuses and DLC? Wouldn't mean much of a difference if microsoft still had them. And speaking of "RPG elements"....this argument is just plain stupid. First off, why does Bioware even always have to make traditional RPGs with traditonal RPG elements? It doesn't....Mass Effect feels better with more shooter based combat like Jade Empire is better suited for action martial arts combat. Second, RPG elements simply do not always equal good. What if the RPG elements cause a clash with the action elements? Thats what happened to ME1. What if the "depth" unbalances the game? Than the game truly isn't that deep to begin with. RPG elements do not make a game good on their own and RPG elements are not necessary to make a game good. I say, what Bioware is even BETTER at now than before is writing, especially characterization. I like KOTOR's cast, but they are very shallow and one dimensional compared to the Mass Effect casts and DAII's cast. Same thing with Jade Empire and even Baldur's Gate. Neverwinter Nights, one of the earlier Bioware games, is the worst written. Also the stories are far more meaningful. The BG games and KOTOR were fun adventures and great fanatsy stories, but there not really relevant and meaningful. Jade Empire really started Bioware on the path on making more mature and relevant stories, continued with Mass Effect and parts of the Dragon Age games. The stories are more emotionally affecting, the characters are more human, the writing is darker and grittier, and Bioware has gotten more original with their plots. If only DAII was actually finished...it would have been a breakthrough story for Bioware. Bioware is far from falling...The Old Republic will be a success, Mass Effect 3 will be a game for the ages, DAIII may suprise, they are far from falling.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
Just because you defend them does not make them better developers. The media can look at them however they want, we don't really care. We've played the games and our judgments are set in stone, I know mine are.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#3 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Let's see, I've played Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins and Massively Defective 2: The Terrible Sequel to a Great Game.

I wouldn't touch Dragon Age II with a ten-foot long pole.

And you know what, I don't appreciate being called clueless, so STFU.

killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts

Just because you defend them does not make them better developers. The media can look at them however they want, we don't really care. We've played the games and our judgments are set in stone, I know mine are.DragonfireXZ95

This made me laugh. The media's judgements are just as valid as yours. :P

I personally feel that they are just as good as they were before. Yes, they made one game that wasn't up to scruff and normal Bioware level (Dragon Age 2) but Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins were both amazing games. So out of their 3 last major releases, they have made 2 AMAZING games and 1 sub-pargame.

I guess that means they are a bad studio right? :roll:

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 texasgoldrush

Let's see, I've played Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins and Massively Defective 2: The Terrible Sequel to a Great Game.

NeonNinja
Mass Effect 2 94-96 Metacritic Mass Effect 1 88-91 Metacritic Yeah, such a terrible sequel... Hint: The people who think that ME2 is better than ME1, they are the silent majority...its only the minority that is vocal.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]Just because you defend them does not make them better developers. The media can look at them however they want, we don't really care. We've played the games and our judgments are set in stone, I know mine are.killa4lyfe

I personally feel that they are just as good as they were before. Yes, they made one game that wasn't up to scruff and normal Bioware level (Dragon Age 2) but Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins were both amazing games. So out of their 3 last major releases, they have made 2 AMAZING games and 1 sub-pargame.

No, they made 1 good game(DA:O), 1 above average game(ME2) and 1 mediocre game(DA2).

When did I ever say they were a bad studio?

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NeonNinja

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

texasgoldrush

Mass Effect 2 94-96 Metacritic Mass Effect 1 88-91 Metacritic Yeah, such a terrible sequel... Hint: The people who think that ME2 is better than ME1, they are the silent majority...its only the minority that is vocal.

Hint- I hate the game so your metascores mean this to me:

killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killa4lyfe

[QUOTE="killa4lyfe"]

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]Just because you defend them does not make them better developers. The media can look at them however they want, we don't really care. We've played the games and our judgments are set in stone, I know mine are.DragonfireXZ95

No, they made 1 good game(DA:O), 1 above average game(ME2) and 1 mediocre game(DA2).

When did I ever say they were a bad studio?

Sorry. My bad, kind of jumped the gun on that one. :oops:

killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killa4lyfe

NeonNinja

Can you explain why you felt that Mass Effect 2 was a terrible game?

I am curious :)

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="NeonNinja"]Let's see, I've played Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins and Massively Defective 2: The Terrible Sequel to a Great Game. I wouldn't touch Dragon Age II with a ten-foot long pole. And you know what, I don't appreciate being called clueless, so STFU.NeonNinja

Hint- I hate the game so your metascores mean this to me

Well good for you......... You not liking the game however does not make all their awards go away, or change the fact that the studio objectively is not "falling".

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
EA has a lot of resources and infrastructure that can allow Bioware to make a step towards online content, high budgets, and developing games for multiple platforms. This was likely the direction they were looking at heading towards anyway, like how Bethesda has become a superpower in the industry. I doubt Bioware could have done it without EA.
starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

The problem with Mass Effect is that it's not an RPG in the traditional sense. Which is why RPG purists hate it. They fail to understand that it's a different approach than those traditional games. Mass Effect is hands down one of the best IPs this gen. But I, even as a very big BioWare fan, will admit that Dragon Age II was rather mediocre.

Dragon Age 2 is like taking a girl on an elaborate date. You plan out where you're going and what you're going to wear. You learn her interest. You spring for a limo then you have a good time out dancing. Then when you get her home she asks you inside, you oblige, follow, and blink. Next thing you know you're outside naked holding your own clothes in a pile and wondering what happened. Then you turn around only to see her slam the door shut. That is what Dragon Age 2 is like. some persons sig that I copied this from
This just brilliantly describes the situation. All that said, I'm eagerly awaiting Mass Effect 3.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
Oh Bioware, I weep for your future and remember fondly your past.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 texasgoldrush

The problem with Mass Effect is that it's not an RPG in the traditional sense. Which is why RPG purists hate it. They fail to understand that it's a different approach than those traditional games. Mass Effect is hands down one of the best IPs this gen. But I, even as a very big BioWare fan, will admit that Dragon Age II was rather mediocre. [quote="some persons sig that I copied this from"]Dragon Age 2 is like taking a girl on an elaborate date. You plan out where you're going and what you're going to wear. You learn her interest. You spring for a limo then you have a good time out dancing. Then when you get her home she asks you inside, you oblige, follow, and blink. Next thing you know you're outside naked holding your own clothes in a pile and wondering what happened. Then you turn around only to see her slam the door shut. That is what Dragon Age 2 is like. starjet905

This just brilliantly describes the situation. All that said, I'm eagerly awaiting Mass Effect 3.

The entire Dragon Age series isn't great.....and really DAO was just a cash in, in regards to RPG purists and Baldur's Gate nostalgics. Its Bioware's weak link. At least its the secondary franchise.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NeonNinja

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="NeonNinja"]Let's see, I've played Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins and Massively Defective 2: The Terrible Sequel to a Great Game. I wouldn't touch Dragon Age II with a ten-foot long pole. And you know what, I don't appreciate being called clueless, so STFU.texasgoldrush

Well good for you......... You not liking the game however does not make all their awards go away, or change the fact that the studio objectively is not "falling".

What do your awards and scores have to do with anything?

BioWare have changed to streamline and simplify their games from what they were. Mass Effect 2 is the Modern Warfare 2 of RPGs. Call of Duty has similar metascores, I still hate it. Why? I play it and its filled with cheesy characters, shallow action, stripped down RPG elements, boring level design and piss-poor enemy AI. It fails as a shooter. It fails as an RPG. It fails as a story-based game. The Call of Duty generation thinks Mass Effect 2 is a good game. And guess what? The people that hate Call of Duty are that same vocal minority.

RandoIph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 RandoIph
Member since 2010 • 2041 Posts
Bioware kinda bores me. KOTOR 2 was a wreck, KOTOR in China was a wreck, KOTOR in Middle Earth was a wreck, and Mass Effect is boring.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NeonNinja

[QUOTE="starjet905"]

The problem with Mass Effect is that it's not an RPG in the traditional sense. Which is why RPG purists hate it. They fail to understand that it's a different approach than those traditional games. Mass Effect is hands down one of the best IPs this gen. But I, even as a very big BioWare fan, will admit that Dragon Age II was rather mediocre. [quote="some persons sig that I copied this from"]Dragon Age 2 is like taking a girl on an elaborate date. You plan out where you're going and what you're going to wear. You learn her interest. You spring for a limo then you have a good time out dancing. Then when you get her home she asks you inside, you oblige, follow, and blink. Next thing you know you're outside naked holding your own clothes in a pile and wondering what happened. Then you turn around only to see her slam the door shut. That is what Dragon Age 2 is like. texasgoldrush

The entire Dragon Age series isn't great.....and really DAO was just a cash in, in regards to RPG purists and Baldur's Gate nostalgics. Its Bioware's weak link. At least its the secondary franchise.

Dragon Age: Origins > Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (which I'm replaying), Jade Empire, Mass Effect and the sequel that shall not be named.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NeonNinja

Bioware kinda bores me. KOTOR 2 was a wreck, KOTOR in China was a wreck, KOTOR in Middle Earth was a wreck, and Mass Effect is boring.RandoIph

KotOR 2 was Obsidian.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

FFXIII metacrtic - 83 ... Must be a pretty good game. :o

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
Bioware kinda bores me. KOTOR 2 was a wreck, KOTOR in China was a wreck, KOTOR in Middle Earth was a wreck, and Mass Effect is boring.RandoIph
I missed my daily dose of Randy.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
IMHO, their series have gotten progressively worse from both RPG and storytelling elements. Baldur's Gate>NWN>KotOR>Dragon Age>Mass Effect ^pretty close timeline from beginning to end. Jade empire isn't even worth listing.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NeonNinja

IMHO, their series have gotten progressively worse from both RPG and storytelling elements. Baldur's Gate>NWN>KotOR>Dragon Age>Mass Effect ^pretty close timeline from beginning to end. Jade empire isn't even worth listing.senses_fail_06

For a while, Jade Empire was my least favorite of their games. Then I played Mass Effect 2, of course. So yeah, now Mass Effect 2 is my least favorite. I imagine that would be different if I played Dragon Age II... which I refuse to.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Bioware didn't develop Kotor 2, Obsidian did and Jade Empire was different from Kotor 1

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

FFVII - 92 ... "universal acclaim." :o

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]IMHO, their series have gotten progressively worse from both RPG and storytelling elements. Baldur's Gate>NWN>KotOR>Dragon Age>Mass Effect ^pretty close timeline from beginning to end. Jade empire isn't even worth listing.NeonNinja

For a while, Jade Empire was my least favorite of their games. Then I played Mass Effect 2, of course. So yeah, now Mass Effect 2 is my least favorite. I imagine that would be different if I played Dragon Age II... which I refuse to.

don't, just pretend it was cancelled. I wish I had!
Firebird-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Firebird-5
Member since 2007 • 2848 Posts
one only needs to glance at dragon age II. if you think they have not fallen then you are utterly clueless
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NeonNinja

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]IMHO, their series have gotten progressively worse from both RPG and storytelling elements. Baldur's Gate>NWN>KotOR>Dragon Age>Mass Effect ^pretty close timeline from beginning to end. Jade empire isn't even worth listing.senses_fail_06

don't, just pretend it was cancelled. I wish I had!

That's sound advice, man.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NeonNinja

one only needs to glance at dragon age II. if you think they have not fallen then you are utterly cluelessFirebird-5

What's hilarious is that prior to Dragon Age II's release, BioWare was bagging on Final Fantasy XIII and saying it's not an RPG. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Gimme a new CD Projekt Red game. BioWare's done.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 texasgoldrush
one only needs to glance at dragon age II. if you think they have not fallen then you are utterly cluelessFirebird-5
only need to see that the team who made it is not the main team...one game =/= fallen anyway.
Firebird-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Firebird-5

[QUOTE="Firebird-5"]one only needs to glance at dragon age II. if you think they have not fallen then you are utterly cluelessNeonNinja

What's hilarious is that prior to Dragon Age II's release, BioWare was bagging on Final Fantasy XIII and saying it's not an RPG. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

... its also the last time i dont read anything about a game before i buy it. i preorder bioware signature edition expecting another dragon age origins but i get quite possibly the worst thing i have played ever
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="Firebird-5"]one only needs to glance at dragon age II. if you think they have not fallen then you are utterly cluelessNeonNinja

Yeah, CD Projekt Red really ran circles around Bioware with The Witcher 2.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="NeonNinja"] Mass Effect 2 94-96 Metacritic Mass Effect 1 88-91 Metacritic Yeah, such a terrible sequel... Hint: The people who think that ME2 is better than ME1, they are the silent majority...its only the minority that is vocal.NeonNinja

What do your awards and scores have to do with anything? BioWare have changed to streamline and simplify their games from what they were. Mass Effect 2 is the Modern Warfare 2 of RPGs. Call of Duty has similar metascores, I still hate it. Why? I play it and its filled with cheesy characters, shallow action, stripped down RPG elements, boring level design and piss-poor enemy AI. It fails as a shooter. It fails as an RPG. It fails as a story-based game. The Call of Duty generation thinks Mass Effect 2 is a good game. And guess what? The people that hate Call of Duty are that same vocal minority.

First off, ME2 has hands down the best character cast since PST. Second, once again the RPG elements in ME1 WERE NOT GOOD. Why? Because they clashed with the action. This made combat at clunkfest. And speaking of boring level design...ME1 was far worse. it was alos just as linear, except for the boring lifeless planets. RPG elitists want to keep the broken elements in th egame just for the sake that they are RPG elements. Thats dumb.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
Agreed, the only mediocre BioWare game I have ever played is Dragon Age 2. Every other BioWare game I have ever played (Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, DA:O, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, even Sonic) has been awesome.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="Firebird-5"]one only needs to glance at dragon age II. if you think they have not fallen then you are utterly cluelessFirebird-5

... its also the last time i dont read anything about a game before i buy it. i preorder bioware signature edition expecting another dragon age origins but i get quite possibly the worst thing i have played ever

Thereis your problem, you wan t the same game over and over and over again. Bioware did not want to make a second "Origins".
Firebird-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Firebird-5
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Thereis your problem, you wan t the same game over and over and over again. Bioware did not want to make a second "Origins".

yeah instead they gave me a steaming pile of sh*t. i would have preferred origins part deux over da2
starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts
[QUOTE="starjet905"]

The problem with Mass Effect is that it's not an RPG in the traditional sense. Which is why RPG purists hate it. They fail to understand that it's a different approach than those traditional games. Mass Effect is hands down one of the best IPs this gen. But I, even as a very big BioWare fan, will admit that Dragon Age II was rather mediocre. [quote="some persons sig that I copied this from"]Dragon Age 2 is like taking a girl on an elaborate date. You plan out where you're going and what you're going to wear. You learn her interest. You spring for a limo then you have a good time out dancing. Then when you get her home she asks you inside, you oblige, follow, and blink. Next thing you know you're outside naked holding your own clothes in a pile and wondering what happened. Then you turn around only to see her slam the door shut. That is what Dragon Age 2 is like. texasgoldrush

I'll agree if you say Baldur's Gate is better, but I also have to say that you're wrong about the nostalgia factor. I hadn't played Baldur's Gate yet when I played DAO. But I just loved it. There was no notalgia to drive me.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Thereis your problem, you wan t the same game over and over and over again. Bioware did not want to make a second "Origins".texasgoldrush

If they didn't want to make another good game, then that pretty much proves they've fallen.

Oh, and Mass Effect is terribly boring.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="Firebird-5"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Thereis your problem, you wan t the same game over and over and over again. Bioware did not want to make a second "Origins".

yeah instead they gave me a steaming pile of sh*t. i would have preferred origins part deux over da2

and when was Origins that good any way......don't think for a second that game didn't have any problems.....like the unbalanced gameplay or the highly generic and predictable story. Both games were broken.
Firebird-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Firebird-5
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Firebird-5"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Thereis your problem, you wan t the same game over and over and over again. Bioware did not want to make a second "Origins".

and when was Origins that good any way......don't think for a second that game didn't have any problems.....like the unbalanced gameplay or the highly generic and predictable story. Both games were broken.

then bioware has fallen even further lolol
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="starjet905"]

The problem with Mass Effect is that it's not an RPG in the traditional sense. Which is why RPG purists hate it. They fail to understand that it's a different approach than those traditional games. Mass Effect is hands down one of the best IPs this gen. But I, even as a very big BioWare fan, will admit that Dragon Age II was rather mediocre. [quote="some persons sig that I copied this from"]Dragon Age 2 is like taking a girl on an elaborate date. You plan out where you're going and what you're going to wear. You learn her interest. You spring for a limo then you have a good time out dancing. Then when you get her home she asks you inside, you oblige, follow, and blink. Next thing you know you're outside naked holding your own clothes in a pile and wondering what happened. Then you turn around only to see her slam the door shut. That is what Dragon Age 2 is like. starjet905

I'll agree if you say Baldur's Gate is better, but I also have to say that you're wrong about the nostalgia factor. I hadn't played Baldur's Gate yet when I played DAO. But I just loved it. There was no notalgia to drive me.

Bioware marketed the game as a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, with Maryiln Manson music and gore thrown in. It simply isn't as good as BG2.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="Firebird-5"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Firebird-5"] yeah instead they gave me a steaming pile of sh*t. i would have preferred origins part deux over da2

But then again, there are the Mass Effect team and The Old Republic teams to consider....gotta love the selectivity. Really Bioware would be fine without Dragon Age, its just not that important as their other franchises.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#42 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41593 Posts

Seriously....lets see. Their primary series, the Mass Effect series, is one of, if not the most critically acclaimed new franchise this gen and they have released the biggest MMO since World of Warcraft. That alone makes the idea that they have "fallen" completely baseless. texasgoldrush
You know, just because they have critically well praised games, doesn't mean others will agree. I've said this about Nintendo, SEGA/Sonic Team, Midway/Netherrealm, Namco, and now I'm saying it about Bioware because the same argument applies here.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]Seriously....lets see. Their primary series, the Mass Effect series, is one of, if not the most critically acclaimed new franchise this gen and they have released the biggest MMO since World of Warcraft. That alone makes the idea that they have "fallen" completely baseless. nintendoboy16

You know, just because they have critically well praised games, doesn't mean others will agree. I've said this about Nintendo, SEGA/Sonic Team, Midway/Netherrealm, Namco, and now I'm saying it about Bioware because the same argument applies here.

Just because someone doesn't agree doesn't take away the fact that they are well recieved...thats what Bioware bashers fail to understand.
Firebird-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Firebird-5
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Firebird-5"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] and when was Origins that good any way......don't think for a second that game didn't have any problems.....like the unbalanced gameplay or the highly generic and predictable story. Both games were broken.

But then again, there are the Mass Effect team and The Old Republic teams to consider....gotta love the selectivity. Really Bioware would be fine without Dragon Age, its just not that important as their other franchises.

yep sure. entire IP that is 'broken', 'unbalanced', 'generic' and 'predictable', the latter 2 of which can be applied to both mass effect games (which are essentially shooters with numbers and special powers, 'shooter + rpg elements' not 'rpg + shooter'), and a mmo that is the same if not worse than wow except for voice acting face it, bioware has fallen
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 texasgoldrush

FFVII - 92 ... "universal acclaim." :o

hakanakumono
And FFVI and CT have higher gamerankings than FFVII, so does a couple Bioware games....
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 khoofia_pika

face it, bioware has fallenFirebird-5
:? Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm gonna enjoy Mass Effect 3 and the awesome scores it gets. I know who'll be doing damage control at that time.

Firebird-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Firebird-5

[QUOTE="Firebird-5"] face it, bioware has fallenkhoofia_pika

:? Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm gonna enjoy Mass Effect 3 and the awesome scores it gets. I know who'll be doing damage control at that time.

not me because i thoroughly enjoy the ME IP, owning both ME1 and its DLC (except the combat sim one lol), ME2 CE and all its DLC, and have a preorder for the ME3 CE - the receipt of which is sitting on my desk right now i enjoy ME games for what they are, not for what some marketing machine and bioware fanboys would have other people believe
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]

[QUOTE="Firebird-5"] face it, bioware has fallenFirebird-5

not me because i thoroughly enjoy the ME IP, owning both ME1 and its DLC (except the combat sim one lol), ME2 CE and all its DLC, and have a preorder for the ME3 CE - the receipt of which is sitting on my desk right now i enjoy ME games for what they are, not for what some marketing machine and bioware fanboys would have other people believe

Well, good to see you're not a mindless hater, then. :) If that is your opinion, then I respect it.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="Firebird-5"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Firebird-5"] then bioware has fallen even further lolol

yep sure. entire IP that is 'broken', 'unbalanced', 'generic' and 'predictable', the latter 2 of which can be applied to both mass effect games (which are essentially shooters with numbers and special powers, 'shooter + rpg elements' not 'rpg + shooter'), and a mmo that is the same if not worse than wow except for voice acting face it, bioware has fallen

ME1 was unbalanced, however ME2 is far more balanced. Why? Because by taking away some elements, it becomes easier to balance. And really, a shooter with RPG elements like ME2 and ME3 plays much better than one that tries to be both at the same time like ME1 or the pure crap that was Alpha Protocol. Face it, Bioware bashers are in denial.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#50 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41593 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]Seriously....lets see. Their primary series, the Mass Effect series, is one of, if not the most critically acclaimed new franchise this gen and they have released the biggest MMO since World of Warcraft. That alone makes the idea that they have "fallen" completely baseless. texasgoldrush

Just because someone doesn't agree doesn't take away the fact that they are well recieved...thats what Bioware bashers fail to understand.

No, but the majority of what fans say can have quite an effect. Look at Nintendo's Star Fox series, that was well praised (even Adventures, Assault, and Command), but the fan backlash resorted Nintendo to put it on the backburner (that and the horrible sales of the remake guaranteed the series death).