Any livestream of CES 2014 Valve conference?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

There supposedly be Valve conference at 5PM PST, anyone if it's gonna be streamed? (and yes im not talking about live blogs which for some odd reasons people think they are valid livestream)

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

I'm not entirely sure but I'm personally going to watch it here http://live.theverge.com/valve-ces-2014-press-event-live-blog/

CES is usually to show off hardware/tech, but I'm crossing my fingers for a game announcement. I would totally jizz if it's HL3 or L4D3. I'm personally hoping it's L4D3 in the case that they do announce a game, but chances are very low that they do.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Didn't Gaben based say that Valve doesn't care about HL3 anymore?

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ShadowriverUB

But thats live blog not live stream...... Valve kind of screwing this up, they should know that if they want to announce something for gamers they should stream it. How they want to build hype?

I gonna watch Sony insted looks like it :(

PC_Otter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PC_Otter
Member since 2010 • 1623 Posts

This guy is claiming on Youtube that he'll have a Livestream. 6 minutes to go.....

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@ShadowriverUB said:

But thats live blog not live stream...... Valve kind of screwing this up, they should know that if they want to announce something for gamers they should stream it. How they want to build hype?

I gonna watch Sony insted looks like it :(

CES is an electronics show not a games show, they're not screwing anything up.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rage010101

@clyde46 said:

Didn't Gaben based say that Valve doesn't care about HL3 anymore?

Daddy Gaben is the ultimate troll because he also said he wouldn't announce HL3 until they have a solid release date.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShadowriverUB

@bobbetybob: But Valve is game company, fact that they decided to do that in CES it;'s not excuse not to stream it. They annouceing something without you seeing live

How do you feel if PS4 or Xbox One annoucment would not be streamed? Screw up

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rage010101

@ShadowriverUB said:

@bobbetybob: But Valve is game company, fact that they decided to do that in CES it;'s not excuse not to stream it. They annouceing something without you seeing live

CES doesnt officially start til tomorrow. All this stuff are nice pre-game soothers. I dont think there is a live stream bro. If it helps, this live blog is even better

http://live.arstechnica.com/liveblog-valves-ces-press-conference/

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@ShadowriverUB said:

How do you feel if PS4 or Xbox One annoucment would not be streamed? Screw up

Well judging by the live blog they're already finished so maybe that's why they didn't stream it. And this is completely different to the PS4 or the Xbox One announcement, it's not some flashy event they're literally just showing off a few of the machines their partners have made.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShadowriverUB

@Rage010101: It's a press day, everybody is streaming there conference live... there no excuse..... i hate live blogs

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShadowriverUB

Ether way it was not much of a conference, so screw up on screw up. If they want to compete with Sony and MS they need to build good old console platfrom hype and they wont do that this way. I hope they will do better at E3...

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rage010101

@ShadowriverUB said:

Ether way it was not much of a conference, so screw up on screw up. If they want to compete with Sony and MS they need to build good old console platfrom hype and they wont do that this way. I hope they will do better at E3...

Seems like you were expecting too much at a pre-ces blog bro... The main event doesnt start til tomorrow. CES officially kicks off tomorrow. They said they have more in store for when CES officially kicks off. They showed off the steam machine, talked about the controller and that you can buy it separately, and gave out some quick online facts about more users than MS and Sony. What more did you expect from a pre-game teaser conference?

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShadowriverUB

@Rage010101 said:

@ShadowriverUB said:

Seems like you were expecting too much at a pre-ces blog bro... The main event doesnt start til tomorrow. CES officially kicks off tomorrow. They said they have more in store for when CES officially kicks off. They showed off the steam machine, talked about the controller and that you can buy it separately, and gave out some quick online facts about more users than MS and Sony. What more did you expect from a pre-game teaser conference?

You know that E3 conferences are day before E3 starts, and no body call those events a "pre-game teaser conferences". Look on other conferences that been today, they are full blown with annoucments,

Nvidia did one yestoday and all they talked about gaming and graphics, streamed and everyone to watch, 2 days before CES started....

Again, if Valve want to compite with Sony and MS and even Nintendo,they need hype then need events when everyone can see and build up hype. So far they have yet another branded PC console approach which won't get any console gamers.

But ok thats just CES, i hope they do better on E3.... they need to be loud on E3 or else it will be game over

Avatar image for Sharp-Shooter89
Sharp-Shooter89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sharp-Shooter89
Member since 2012 • 128 Posts

@clyde46: learn to read, he never said that

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rage010101

@ShadowriverUB said:

@Rage010101 said:

@ShadowriverUB said:

You know that E3 conferences are day before E3 starts, and no body call those events a "pre-game teaser conferences". Look on other conferences that been today, they are full blown with annoucments,

Nvidia did one yestoday and all they talked about gaming and graphics, streamed and everyone to watch, 2 days before CES started....

Again, if Valve want to compite with Sony and MS and even Nintendo,they need hype then need events when everyone can see and build up hype. So far they have yet another branded PC console approach which won't get any console gamers.

But ok thats just CES, i hope they do better on E3.... they need to be loud on E3 or else it will be game over

I remember the last time people underestimated valve, lol they were all dead wrong! Steam comes to mind.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShadowriverUB

@SEANMCAD: As i understand those devices suppose to steal some console gamers to PC market, some even think it suppose to destroy consoles all together (The Tek :p), as PC gamers don't like the idea as they are addicted to overclocked toasters, so i don't think there any other motivation.

So then ask console gamer if he considers Steam Machine.... if he even knows about it :p

If they be idle in E3, Sony and MS will over dominate them in press... over dominate it in System Wars

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShadowriverUB

Well Gabe is now on intel :p

http://newsroom.intel.com/docs/DOC-4620#livestream

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShadowriverUB

@SEANMCAD said:

@ShadowriverUB said:

@SEANMCAD: As i understand those devices suppose to steal some console gamers to PC market, some even think it suppose to destroy consoles all together (The Tek :p), as PC gamers don't like the idea as they are addicted to overclocked toasters, so i don't think there any other motivation.

So then ask console gamer if he considers Steam Machine.... if he even knows about it :p

If they be idle in E3, Sony and MS will over dominate them in press... over dominate it in System Wars

To quote Gabe 'steam has 65 million users Xbox One currently has 3 million'

I dont know if they have explicitly said they are targeting the current console users. I do know that they have explicitly said they are trying to bring the PC to the living room. I have heard Gabe say he is concerned about the decline in the PC market though which could be taken in two different ways

Guess what gamers plays majority of there games in living room..... console gamers. In order to dominale living room then need to dominate console gamers. In order to dominate console gamers they need to throw away Playstation and Xbox that dominates there minds out of there heads and so far there 0 efford to do so. As long as xbox and playstation is in there hand as long they wont see steam machines, for them it's just yet another branded console PC, which is nothing new and fails every time (ironically lot od Steam Machines that Gaben shown on that even are already existing products with steam logo on it).

I think you are not blind to see hope console marketing looks like, what makes hype for console, what makes console market and so far i don't see efford from Valve to meet a challenge effords of big trio in this market. As long they won't able to do that as long they won't get a spot light. Casuals won't save them..... they already got there media players and there tablet games integrated in TV, they don't need another box... if they want better games they will buy PS4 or Xbox One as you can see them everywhere + they get some exclusive games that you won't be able to play on PC.

Again, if they want to compete with consoles fo space in living room, they need to compete like it is console, other wise as some guy on Verge said, it's all looks effortless and won't have any effect compared to competition.... it didn't have any effect as again, console PCs is nothing new.

But hey i aggre this is CES and it not much of the battlefield (but compation did need any event to build up hype... even Ouya, speaking of which this thing made more hype then Steam Machines did so far), but on E3 in mecca of console gaming where PC gaming is practically invisible (and by that i mean is there but no body notice it), if they won't show up with the bigs guns there, Hermits can forget of doom of consoles or else console market will destroy itself.

As a extra chekc comment section of this video and see what gamers things about Steam Machine right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7uMjQpwEj8