Another demons soul is overrated

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BIacckAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BIacckAce
Member since 2009 • 270 Posts

its overrated for its difficulty and the game itself.

The game is repetitive its dodge attack dodge attack, yes you can argue every game is repetitive but its not rewarding as people think it is.

The bosses arent challenging at all. people say flamelurker is hard as heck yet most bosses's atk they give you enough time to heal and most are easily dodged. Its not even a strategy. To make it even easier second chance even guarantees you not fail w/e stage it is. Dragon god boss tries to make it epic but it ain't its just smashing through obstacles and activating arrows that were set up 'somehow '. the traps are easy to avold, its pretty much common sense with lots of hints around too.

The weapons are limited with lots of scrub weaps and some good weaps that almost everyone uses like the mirdan hammer in pvp.

The story is non existant and the graphics are average at best ( NOTHING TO WOW AT )

How people find this game extremely fun because its 'challenging' when its not cause it got GOTY cows has to overrate it like its the best game ever.

New Game+ ain't even hard when you know pretty much where everything is just more damage is dealt ( pretty much near 1 hit ko ) and the stages aren't as exciting either.

The online is pretty decent except for some abusers. Best part of the game is getting invaded and thats it really.

Lots of people going to come in here 'I PLAYED THROUGH IT 8 TIMES NOW SO YOUR POINT IS INVALID BLA BLA BLA' how does that change that its overrated or is it the old 'YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT!' 'I STOPPED READING HERE' 'this made me lol'

So your thoughts cows?

I think bayonetta is underrated and alpha protocol and these 2 titles deserve more than this 'punishing hard epic game'

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Yeah it's overrated, but there's not much to talk about here.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

have not plaeyd Bayonetta, but I do agree with the Alpha Protocol comment.... I did enjoy Alpha Protocol alot more then I did Demon Souls.

The online was very well implemented, but thats about it for me. There was no story, boring gameplay and no interesting characters.

I love my ps3 and there are some amazing games on it, for me DS is not one of them. I prefer Uncharted2, Dragon Age, MGS4, God Of War3, Killzone2, etc..

Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

ye agree demon souls is way too hard i coudn't beat the first level

good thing there is games like call of duty for us hardcore gamers

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18262 Posts

Lots of people going to come in here 'I PLAYED THROUGH IT 8 TIMES NOW SO YOUR POINT IS INVALID BLA BLA BLA' how does that change that its overrated or is it the old 'YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT!' 'I STOPPED READING HERE' 'this made me lol'

BIacckAce

How is that your opinion is better/important than others.

YuriSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 YuriSH
Member since 2010 • 1803 Posts

Yangire

I just was reminded.I believe you mentioned you like King's Field games more, could be wrong though. Any certain reasons why? I tried looking up videos, but everything I've seen made the gameplay seem very slow paced

Anyway on topic. Sure I guess it's overrated but I'd say mainly because people probably never played a game like it, so the game had such a big impact on them than it did on you. To me I found the gameplay to be very simplistic but that's really what I loved about the game.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

I have n't played demon souls and I don't even have a PS3. With that said, if I ever get a PS3, DS will be the first game I get, even before Uncharted 2, MGS4 or GoW3. Few developers are brave enough to make challenging games these days because you can make more money by making a cakewalk with pretty graphics. Making the game challenging and not cheap is something they should be rewarded for, challenge by itself also happens to make some games a lot more fun IMO.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
you can say same for Punch-Out, but I don't see people going nuts saying it's overrated....
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#10 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

it was never the challenge that was the heart of demon's souls experience, it's the journey, the core conflict of atheism and faith, the setting, the production values, the music. it was something to be experienced, not played.

you obviously tried the game with a pre-set bias, so nothing could have changed your mind

but alas.

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

[QUOTE="BIacckAce"]

madsnakehhh

How is that your opinion is better/important than others.

I guess you could say...

I stopped reading there.

T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts

I think this pretty much sums up the TC's OP...

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Sorry if my opinion differs but for me Demon's Souls deserves all the praise and Bayonetta is overrated as heck. I haven't played Protocol so I can' comment. Every of your complains about Demon's Soulsare exactly why I love it while Bayonetta is just another button masher with an over the top story and action, it can't even touch God of War when it comes to graphics, story, presentation, puzzles, platforming and overall gameplay and pace.

God of War is so good that EA and Konami copied the formulaand made2 rip-off called Dante's Inferno and Catlevania Lords of Shadows.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Yangire

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

YuriSH

I just was reminded.I believe you mentioned you like King's Field games more, could be wrong though. Any certain reasons why? I tried looking up videos, but everything I've seen made the gameplay seem very slow paced

The atmosphere, difficulty, feeling of exploration, unique combat, and just a feeling that the games have.

Demon's Souls killed off a lot of what made the KF/ST games great.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23998 Posts

I agree with that demons souls was very easy, but the game was otherwise pretty awesome.

Truely atmospheric in an oppressive environment, and getting summoned by random strangers as a blue phantom allowed me to have some interesting adventures with complete strangers. And once I made someone go wtf while playing as a black phantom helping him (just to see a reaction). Unfortunately as a European playing the American version, it meant I didn't get to meet as many players as I would probably have gotten to meet otherwise.

Sigh at the word overrated, which is ironically the most overrated thing of all time.

YuriSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 YuriSH
Member since 2010 • 1803 Posts

[QUOTE="YuriSH"]

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

Yangire

The atmosphere, difficulty, feeling of exploration, unique combat, and just a feeling that the games have.

It's a shame I never really paid that much attention to From Software when I was younger. Only game similar to KF from them that I've played is Eternal Ring, which I remember enjoying.
Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Yangire

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="YuriSH"] I just was reminded.I believe you mentioned you like King's Field games more, could be wrong though. Any certain reasons why? I tried looking up videos, but everything I've seen made the gameplay seem very slow paced

YuriSH

It's a shame I never really paid that much attention to From Software when I was younger. Only game similar to KF from them that I've played is Eternal Ring, which I remember enjoying.

If you enjoyed Eternal Ring I suggest King's Field 4 (I think it's called King's Field: The Ancient City in the US), and Shadow Tower Abyss.. You'll love them trust me.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18262 Posts

Sorry if my opinion differs but for me Demon's Souls deserves all the praise and Bayonetta is overrated as heck. I haven't played Protocol so I can' comment. Every of your complains about Demon's Soulsare exactly why I love it while Bayonetta is just another button masher with an over the top story and action, it can't even touch God of War when it comes to graphics, story, presentation, puzzles, platforming and overall gameplay and pace.

Gue1

Must resist, i shouldn't defend Bayonetta, this is about DS...must resist...it's only his opinion, only his opinion...

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
[QUOTE="Zurrur"]

Thanks I needed a new sig. On topic, yes Demons Souls is overated, it's probably AAA worthy at best, not GOTY BEST GAEM EVA worthy.
Ultizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ultizer
Member since 2010 • 1037 Posts

have you even played it TC?

i dont think you have

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
[QUOTE="Ultizer"]

i dont think you have

Thats the worst excuse ever, he clearly has as he gives in depth reasoning as to why it's overated.
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
First of all you don't have a ps3, second it's not overrated just because people talk about it doesn't mean it's overrated.
Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

Zurrur
lol, agree :D its like Ninja Gaiden. Honestly people these days call themselves "hardcore gamers" when they don't even know what "hardcore is". To my head comes back games like "Super Return of the Jedi" on SNES, anyone who calls himself a "hardcore gamer" should get a taste of that, and so many other games alike (really hardcore games). Todays games are super easy, at worst you get a few feet back and try again, i' remember a time where you had no save games, and a hand full of lives to beat a game, get it wrong and start all over again.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="Zurrur"]

Thanks I needed a new sig. On topic, yes Demons Souls is overated, it's probably AAA worthy at best, not GOTY BEST GAEM EVA worthy.

That was an obvious joke post. You must have no sarcasm meter. lol
iMojo786_PSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 iMojo786_PSN
Member since 2010 • 1641 Posts

The game is repetitive its dodge attack dodge attack

BIacckAce

i stoped their, and LOL'ed really hard :lol:

you do know their is a stamina bar in the game, for my character 1 dodge and 1 attack takes away 80 percent of my stamina, leaving me completly open, you have not played demon souls its obvious plus you are jelous how awesome this game is and its not on 360 :)

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Another jealous person crying over Demon's Soul.

Bayonetta is not all that great, sure some combat components are cool.

But comparing it to the full package like GOW3, DMC4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.. it does not succeed.

Dead Space is one of my underrated games this generation.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Maroxad

[QUOTE="BIacckAce"]

iMojo786_PSN

you do know their is a stamina bar in the game, for my character 1 dodge and 1 attack takes away 80 percent of my stamina, leaving me completly open, you have not played demon souls its obvious plus you are jelous how awesome this game is and its not on 360 :)

That was really impolite, What is your Endurance? Also what weapon did you use?

I had around 30 and I used a Kilij before I got quit, I never had problems with stamina. Also attack dodge attack dodge works really well, but normally I went in with dodge, attack, attack, attack, enemy dead, next enemy, rinse repeat. While there were exceptions where this didn't work this worked wonders against most enemies I faced even a fair share of bosses (not all of them though).

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

[QUOTE="BIacckAce"]

iMojo786_PSN

What? Man, you must have had the crappiest stamina meter ever. That's not the game, that's just you not knowing how to create a good character setup.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Maroxad

What? Man, you must have had the crappiest stamina meter ever. That's not the game, that's just you not knowing how to create a good character setup.DragonfireXZ95

I tried to aim for 40 Endurance in demons souls, that stamina bonus in addition to equip burden bonus is too good to pass. Both of those can greatly amplify your offense and defense.

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts
demon's souls is sweet, one of my favorite this gen. nuff said
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts

[QUOTE="BIacckAce"]

iMojo786_PSN

From a negative point of view, it really is mostly just like that though :lol: But i still loved it , and im still going to love it whether people think it is overrated or not.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
Ya like totally, like when I'm playing Ninja Gaiden all it is, is reacting to the enemies lol. No thought whatsoever, I just rollol and attack. /sarcasm. Might as well say every fighting game is easy because you can dodge attacks and counter. Real men parry attacks in Demon Souls.
runbleduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 runbleduck
Member since 2008 • 578 Posts
Demon's Souls is GOTY and represent the future of RPGs. Bayonetta on the other hand kinda sucks. It felt like playing through the designer's sexual fetish.
ChaltierX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ChaltierX
Member since 2009 • 1128 Posts

I loved the game. It had the best atmosphere out of any game this gen.

MiddleFingerU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MiddleFingerU
Member since 2010 • 45 Posts
I like Demon's Souls a lot, one of the few games that gives a real sense of accomplishment. Just wish it gave me a reason to give a damn about my character.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

[QUOTE="BIacckAce"]

iMojo786_PSN

you are jelous how awesome this game is and its not on 360 :)

How do you figure? :|

ChaltierX
STALKER says hi.
oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

Yangire
1st part: disagree. 2nd part: agree. What's their really to talk about now? You can complain it's too hard... but then you're a noob, I'm no amazing gamer and I beat it. You can say it's just dodge, attack, dodge, attack, but then you're completely missing the depth. So many different ways to go about it, dodge/attack is arguably one of the most annoying ways to do it, a good array of spells and both melee and ranged weapons is the best way to go, which involves quite a bit of skill to work well. Not to mention the sidequests and NPC interaction are very intuitive, and the online system's completely unique. It's one of my favorite games ever, this thread isn't gonna change that, nor will it alter the fact that DS won GOTY in 2009.

Zurrur
Not sure if serious. They said it's not as hard as they say... also are you implying Call of Duty is for hardcore gamers and Demon's Souls isn't because that's the most ridiculous mix up ever, Demon's Souls is one of the most hardcore games to hit the mainstream (sorta) while Call of Duty is easily one of the most casual friendly games out there now.

have not plaeyd Bayonetta, but I do agree with the Alpha Protocol comment.... I did enjoy Alpha Protocol alot more then I did Demon Souls.

The online was very well implemented, but thats about it for me. There was no story, boring gameplay and no interesting characters.

I love my ps3 and there are some amazing games on it, for me DS is not one of them. I prefer Uncharted2, Dragon Age, MGS4, God Of War3, Killzone2, etc..

kozzy1234
You did like Elemental: War of Magic which got a 4.0 though soooo ya :P. Appreciate the honesty though, takes balls to admit you enjoyed a game that got a 4.0 in SW.
oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 oldkingallant
[QUOTE="iMojo786_PSN"]

[QUOTE="BIacckAce"]

you are jelous how awesome this game is and its not on 360 :)

Juggernaut140
How do you figure? :|

ChaltierX
STALKER says hi.

Opinion. I say Batman: Arkham Asylum or Bioshock.
RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts

Was it overrated before it was announced that the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls was going to be multiplat?

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 oldkingallant

[QUOTE="iMojo786_PSN"]

[QUOTE="BIacckAce"]

kidcool189

From a negative point of view, it really is mostly just like that though :lol: But i still loved it , and im still going to love it whether people think it is overrated or not.

If you look at it very negatively you can attack, then dodge, then wait for stamina to recharge, then repeat over and over, but it's in inefficient and no fun. When you start building stuff like Northern Regalia and Lava Bow and get enough magic slots to use Firestorm and Homing Soul Arrow at the same time is when it gets fun.
oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 oldkingallant
[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="Ultizer"]

i dont think you have

Thats the worst excuse ever, he clearly has as he gives in depth reasoning as to why it's overated.

He says it's not as hard as people say and it basically boils down to dodge attack dodge attack. That's a well thought out argument? :? Is that your sig with the Zurrur quote? Good choice for a sig, that is an utterly ridiculous post.
oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 oldkingallant
[QUOTE="iMojo786_PSN"]

[QUOTE="BIacckAce"]

DragonfireXZ95

What? Man, you must have had the crappiest stamina meter ever. That's not the game, that's just you not knowing how to create a good character setup.

Well most people are stupid and use over 50% armor weight and burn through energy extremely quickly. That or they're noobing out and using a Meat Cleaver, that thing takes energy to swing.
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
I dont think the TC has even played the game. Demons Souls is one of the best games ever created and certainly in the top 5 this generation. If anything, Demons Souls is underrated, its about as perfect as it gets for the type of game it is. To say the game is easy and not challenging makes me believe you have not played it at all.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#44 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

So your thoughts cows?

BIacckAce

Why do people feel the need to create an alt account just to bash a game? That for starters. :P

I_AM_MEGATRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 I_AM_MEGATRON
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts

haters gonna hate

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

Demon's Souls is GOTY and represents the future of RPGs. runbleduck

I almost spit out my coffee all over the laptop trying not to laugh.

Demon's Souls is a Dungeon Crawler with tiny elements of Roguelike gameplay...these types of games been around for years.

You dont play many Rpgs do you?

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

YuriSH

KF is slowpaced,but the tradeoff is practically no load times.

I easily recommend KF:Ancient City over Demon's Souls.Alot more Challenging,Puzzles,Open World/Exploration.,better atmosphere..Very underrated gem.

Think a Dark fantasy version of Metroid Prime crossed with Ultima Underworld.

runbleduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 runbleduck
Member since 2008 • 578 Posts
anyone surprised how high the production value for this game was, even though it was expected to sell under 15k? Incredible graphics, art, music, sound, and atmosphere. Or maybe the team made amazing use of their shovelware budget?
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Right, because when a game comes out of nowhere with little fanfare and a small budget and gets legitimate great reviews without any hype iits overrated right? I guess Call of Duty must be underrated with that analogy.

Laxer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Laxer04
Member since 2008 • 1256 Posts

i've been gaming for a long time, and i can easily say demon's souls is one of the best games to come out in a long time