Angry Joe weighs in on SFV's exclusivity EDIT: PART 2!

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@ghostwarrior786: No shit. I know you're slow, but i'm talking about at release. So why isn't Deep Down releasing on PC?

It's being published by Capcom themselves, who still have control of the IP, and getting assistance from Sony's studios.

You expect anyone with a half a brain to believe Sony would give millions to either block off platforms, or help the funding of the development of the game, and allow PC to steal hundreds of thousands, if not a million, of their sales while letting cross platform exist from the start?

hahahah, oh god, you're adorable.

because capcom dont have the money to self publish a niche new ip like deep down for a platform it will most likely flop on u clown hence why they are only using sony money to develop for ps4. with sf4 at least they know the game will sell a bit on pc so they gather up a bit of money to self publish and because sony is hardly going to lose sales to the fukin pc they dont want to offer up the additional money to block its release.

its more tales from the ass like usual from u bu-bu-bu moneyhats!! haha

So Capcom can't develop a niche game like Deep Down (they're publishing it) but Sony steps in, funds and helps develop it, but says no to a PC version at launch.

Capcom can't develop SF5, Sony steps in, funds and helps develop it, but says yes to a pc version, with cross play.

Sony's not ok with a niche F2P game being pc, but is fine with a large, well known IP being cross playa nd everything. But they block off the xb1 version though. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

"hardly going to lose sales to pc"

But xb1 is going to lose alot more?

With 100 million Steam users?

With a game that will probably run ona potato, going by the graphics?

With a continous growth of teh genre, aswell has every other game, on the platform?"

With Netehrrealsm claiming them how the pc version of MK9 was way, way, way abve their expectations, and now MKX is on PC from the start?

"But pc doesn't matter". Sure it doesn't, that's why Deep Down and Let it Die are on PC.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@ghostwarrior786: No shit. I know you're slow, but i'm talking about at release. So why isn't Deep Down releasing on PC?

It's being published by Capcom themselves, who still have control of the IP, and getting assistance from Sony's studios.

You expect anyone with a half a brain to believe Sony would give millions to either block off platforms, or help the funding of the development of the game, and allow PC to steal hundreds of thousands, if not a million, of their sales while letting cross platform exist from the start?

because capcom dont have the money to self publish a niche new ip like deep down for a platform it will most likely flop on u clown hence why they are only using sony money to develop for ps4. with sf4 at least they know the game will sell a bit on pc so they gather up a bit of money to self publish and because sony is hardly going to lose sales to the fukin pc they dont want to offer up the additional money to block its release.

So Capcom can't develop a niche game like Deep Down (they're publishing it) but Sony steps in, funds and helps develop it, but says no to a PC version at launch.

Capcom can't develop SF5, Sony steps in, funds and helps develop it, but says yes to a pc version, with cross play.

Sony's not ok with a niche F2P game being pc, but is fine with a large, well known IP being cross playa nd everything. But they block off the xb1 version though. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

With a continous growth of teh genre, aswell has every other game, on the platform?"

With Netehrrealsm claiming them how the pc version of MK9 was way, way, way abve their expectations, and now MKX is on PC from the start?

"But pc doesn't matter". Sure it doesn't, that's why Deep Down and Let it Die are on PC.

yh im not reading that load of shit, got any proof for anything ur saying?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

I can see the annoyance for gamers who only go for one system, but I think Street Fighter and Tomb Raider can get away with it because they have been on multiple systems with different story lines. Having a trilogy with the last game going exclusive would annoy the hell out of me, but in Tomb Raiders and Street Fighters case I don't see too much of a problem.

Except that Rise of the Tomb Raider is a continuation of TR2013's story line.

And I wonder how many viewers took anything from Joe's message about how idiotic the console wars are, and being the mentality of a 12 year old? :P

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Yeah man, SF4 Ultra runs on the PC like it was originally designed for a calculator. And SF5 doesn't even look a whole lot better. No wonder SF4 still looks good on handheld devices.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Ofcourse you're not.

Any proof the game would happen without Sony?

Dude, use you brain, atleast once.

If Sony approached Capcom to eiter moenyhat, or help save the game and make a reality, why remove teh xbone version from the land, but plaster PC everywhere, with stuff like cross platform and "console exclusivity". They'd atleast not meantion PC until latter, like with GTA at E3, or No Man's Sky. Or that quick slip on the pc and mac version of Grim Fandango.

I'm not sayign Sony hates PC. They're clearly cool with cross platform. But i'm not seeing them be so cool when it's about large budget AAA games that are focused on the PS4.

You can try and go "pc doesn't matter", but nowadays, hat's no longer teh case. In fact, if, by some way BlazBlue CP or Gulty Gear Xrd come to PC, while not on xbox, it only proves my point.

What i believe happened was that cross play got into teh matter, and since xbox is already losing out on FFXIV because of it, it might be a similar situation.

Not one where Sony money killed the xb1 version of SF5, but one were MS's cross platform play policies killed Capcom's interest in working with them.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ghostwarrior786

@deadline-zero0 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Ofcourse you're not.

Any proof the game would happen without Sony?

Dude, use you brain, atleast once.

If Sony approached Capcom to eiter moenyhat, or help save the game and make a reality, why remove teh xbone version from the land, but plaster PC everywhere, with stuff like cross platform and "console exclusivity". They'd atleast not meantion PC until latter, like with GTA at E3, or No Man's Sky. Or that quick slip on the pc and mac version of Grim Fandango.

I'm not sayign Sony hates PC. They're clearly cool with cross platform. But i'm not seeing them be so cool when it's about large budget AAA games that are focused on the PS4.

You can try and go "pc doesn't matter", but nowadays, hat's no longer teh case. In fact, if, by some way BlazBlue CP or Gulty Gear Xrd come to PC, while not on xbox, it only proves my point.

What i believe happened was that cross play got into teh matter, and since xbox is already losing out on FFXIV because of it, it might be a similar situation.

Not one where Sony money killed the xb1 version of SF5, but one were MS's cross platform play policies killed Capcom's interest in working with them.

'A fan asked Ono on Twitter if he was secretly working on Street Fighter V for next-generation consoles, to which the designer replied, "I don't have R&D budget and staff." <<thats more fukin proof than u will ever have. u got nothing but mindless speculation based on stupid assumptions 'bu.bu.bu sony must have blocked deep down from releasing on pc' says fukin who?? where have capcom said we wanted to release pc version but sony blocked us?

u got nothing

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DEadliNE-Zero0

@ghostwarrior786: That tweet is from 1.5 years ago. After that Ultra SF4 happened

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Who cares? Why do people quote this fool like his opinion matters.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ghostwarrior786

@deadline-zero0 said:

@ghostwarrior786: That tweet is from 1.5 years ago. After that Ultra SF4 happened

and if u had read the article he says he doesnt have the budget for a sequel, ultra is an expansion

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@LJS9502_basic

Because he's oppinion really does matter ?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LJS9502_basic

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@LJS9502_basic

Because he's oppinion really does matter ?

No Lulu his opinion doesn't really matter....it's no more important than any other person's. He's just a mouth breather with a youtube account.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@LJS9502_basic

And alot of Subscribers... Many of whom might be indecisive. He's oppinon matters only because people want it to matter, and thats enough for it to really matter.... I mean why are we all here talking about it ? If it didn't matter then we wouldn't be here.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DEadliNE-Zero0

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

and if u had read the article he says he doesnt have the budget for a sequel, ultra is an expansion

Yes, and sf5 came after ultra dropped.

Anyway, until you bring evidence that this game would exist without Sony, i don't care. I didn't claim it's nto possible, It may very well have happened, just like maybe Sony moneyhatted it.

What i was originally saying is how this being a cross platform play game, and previous games have skipped xb1 because of this, it might be a factor

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ghostwarrior786

@deadline-zero0 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Anyway, until you bring evidence that this game would exist without Sony, i don't care. I didn't claim it's nto possible, It may very well have happened, just like maybe Sony moneyhatted it.

What i was originally saying is how this being a cross platform play game, and previous games have skipped xb1 because of this, it might be a factor

lmao im the one that needs to bring evidence? i have evidence that proves ur full of shit, if u want to disapprove what the actual devs have said then it is u that needs to bring proof not me

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@LJS9502_basic

And alot of Subscribers... Many of whom might be indecisive. He's oppinon matters only because people want it to matter, and thats enough for it to really matter.... I mean why are we all here talking about it ? If it didn't matter then we wouldn't be here.

I bet you worship celebs as well.....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 LJS9502_basic

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@LJS9502_basic

I bet you worship celebs as well.....

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Lulu_Lulu

@LJS9502_basic

I can see why you'd think so, but nope.

I don't worship Joey and I don't worship Celebs... I'm a massive narcissist with a massive ego, I care about my oppinion.... Hell I probably think its better then yours or anyone else here..... But thats an issue for another day.... Lets talk about Street Fighter and how every other fighting game is better than it. ;)

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

If it was on the bone, there wouldn't be cross play with PC players.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LJS9502_basic

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@LJS9502_basic

I can see why you'd think so, but nope.

I don't worship Joey and I don't worship Celebs... I'm a massive narcissist with a massive ego, I care about my oppinion.... Hell I probably think its better then yours or anyone else here..... But thats an issue for another day.... Lets talk about Street Fighter and how every other fighting game is better than it. ;)

Eh not a big fighting game fan....it's okay once in awhile Street Fighter was okay back in the day. Soul Caliber is better though. Last fighting game I bought was Injustice

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

So Angry Joe; "Sw is for 12 years old, grow up and get a PC"

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

So Angry Joe; "Sw is for 12 years old, grow up and get a PC"

every gamer is 12 years old

@Shiroibwoy said:

Ps4 and PC will have crossplatform play. I bet Capcom gave MS the same proposition but in true anti gamer/consumer fashion MS said no.

tekken doing same thing, I think its BS and this is just a timed esclusive I mean the trailer was leaked nothing is final yet but ppl luv to speculate

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

as a user on here pointed out tomb raider EXCEEDED sales expectations, all ms done was money hat that shit to stop it releasing on sony platforms (timed exclusive obviously). tomb raider would release anyway regardless if ms paid money or not.

gamespot reported a year ago, ono the producer of street fighter said capcom couldnt afford to fund a sequel hence sony must have stepped in and is probably the reason why capcom are whoring themselves out to whoever wants to fund their ip

completely different situations

according to SE, tomb raider was a financial failure. SF is capcoms most successful franchise only behind resident evil. this was money hatting at its finest.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@lazerface216 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

as a user on here pointed out tomb raider EXCEEDED sales expectations, all ms done was money hat that shit to stop it releasing on sony platforms (timed exclusive obviously). tomb raider would release anyway regardless if ms paid money or not.

gamespot reported a year ago, ono the producer of street fighter said capcom couldnt afford to fund a sequel hence sony must have stepped in and is probably the reason why capcom are whoring themselves out to whoever wants to fund their ip

according to SE, tomb raider was a financial failure. SF is capcoms most successful franchise only behind resident evil. this was money hatting at its finest.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ono-says-no-budget-for-street-fighter-v/1100-6411507/

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts
@Gue1 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ono-says-no-budget-for-street-fighter-v/1100-6411507/

eh, we'll see what capcom comes out and says officially. my point still stands that TR was a failure financially and SF is one of capcoms most successful franchises.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44620 Posts

As far as Tomb Raider goes, it at least makes sense that MS probably paid Square Enix a sizable amount of compensation for timed exclusivity, as was the case for Dead Rising 3 onthe Xbox One. In this case, I'd be willing to guess Capcom made this PS4 exclusive without a lick of financial compensation, and I agree with Joe that that's pretty baffling as that's likely what happened here, and even more so considering Capcom is willingly missing out on substantial revenues at a time when they could certainly use them. At most, I'm sure Sony would be willing to put in a little money in advertising the game when it's out as both MS and Sony do with multiplats, when we always see either MS or Sony logos and chimes at the end of ads, but those largely happen with multiplats with no conditions set on exclusivity, and for a large franchise like SFV that's not even necessary.

And he brings up a good point, the Street Fighter franchise is a big franchise and it's in no need of revival or funding. It makes sense smaller developers trying to launch new IPs jump on the PS4 bandwagon, after all Sony supporters are probably the most enthusiastic fanboys when it comes to supporting and hyping their exclusives. If you're an indie dev trying to make a name for yourself there's no better platform than on a Sony system. After all, Sony fans are very vocal, and worth more than tens-of-millions of dollars in paid advertising in large part to all the social media support for their games. Street Fighter V, however, is in no need of a interest revival, or this kind of support for greater brand recognition, and the benefit of doing so can't be worth cutting out the revenues Xbox One in Western markets could generate. This just seems like a bad decision unless Capcom gets something out of this we're not aware of.

Though, I'll admit this doesn't disappoint me as a SF fan or anything, in fact I loved the series in the past but had no interest in it last gen, didn't bother with any version of SFIV or MVC3, only game I played the last few years with any SF franchise usage was Project X Zone. Still, it bothers me in that I hope this doesn't become a pattern with Capcom of focusing on the PS4 to such a degree that MS has to pay for exclusives but Sony doesn't have to provide one cent to get theirs and Capcom willingly makes it exclusive at their own expense. If Capcom were on the take, that'd make a lot of sense, but if not then I really question their decisions.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LJS9502_basic

@lamprey263: I don't think either one of you can speak for the financial deal between Sony and Capcom. But really....they isn't going to be a huge amount of lost revenue. X1 is not selling that well world wide and not 100% of the install base buys any one game anyway. They will lose some....yes. But if Sony picks up the advertising it's probably a wash. And that's without knowing if any money changed hands.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@LJS9502_basic

I love Fighting Games... I hate Street Fighter. I never understood Soul Calibur and Injustice is seriously unbalanced (Stage Hazards).

I'm a DoA fighter.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

I dont really care for fighting games, so it doesnt bother me.

ShutUpFanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ShutUpFanboys
Member since 2013 • 61 Posts
@finalstar2007 said:

There is only MS to blame as they started these types of deals

MS "Started these types of deals"

oh really? I seem to be reading this EVERY DAY by pre-pubescent kids who never experienced the PS2 vs XBOX gen and these kiddies want to shit all over Microsoft, yet lets look at the true facts:

Grand Theft Auto III & Vice City - EXCLUSIVE TO PS2 - Vice City wouldn't be on XBOX for a whole year later. Where were the crybabies then? Sony even kept Vice City off of PC for a year also.

Devil May Cry 1, 2, 3 - EXCLUSIVE TO PS2 - never on XBOX until the HD collection came out, Sony MONEYHATTED to make sure XBOX didn't get them. Were you crying about it then?

Metal Gear Solid 3, 4 - EXCLUSIVE TO PS2, PS3 - NEVER on XBOX or XBOX 360 - $ONY MONEYHATTED to make sure XBOX didn't get them. Where were the tears back then?

Final Fantasy X, X2 - EXCLUSIVE TO PS2 - NEVER ON XBOX - Sony must be EVIL since they MONEYHATTED to make sure those didn't come to XBOX. Don't remember people bitching back then?

and there are other games they made sure were kept off of XBOX consoles.

WHO is to "BLAME" again for making things "EXCLUSIVE"?

Sony started these "DEALS" long before Microsoft. Everyone just wants to shit all over Microsoft after getting Tomb Raider, truth is that Sony made sure things were "EXCLUSIVE" long ago and everybody used to praise them for it.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@deadline-zero0 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Oh so now an expansion costs the same as making new game? Hahaha ok u so clueless. And if u wana disapprove what the director is saying bring actual proof not some 9/11 conspiracy bullshit

@lazerface216 said:
@Gue1 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

eh, we'll see what capcom comes out and says officially. my point still stands that TR was a failure financially and SF is one of capcoms most successful franchises.

No it wasnt

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-06-tomb-raiders-reboot-exceeded-profit-expectations-after-all

it exceeed profit expectations, google is ur friend

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Could someone post a TL DR? Angry Joe makes good points, but he takes too long to make them and I'm really sick of all those "angry video game dude"s on Youtube.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#82  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Isn't it a third party game? So likely, money is being spend to withhold the game from people. That's the only reason that it ruffles our feathers.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

Besides its seems like SF5 wouldnt have happened if it wasnt for Sony the same thing that Nintendo did to Bayonetta 2.

Are you off your fucking rocker man?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#84 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Nice excuses. Capcom sure didn't have a problem funding Street Fighter 4 turbo, arcade, super turbo, super super arcade turbo...

Yeah, I am not buying that Capcom couldn't fund one of, if not the biggest franchise they own. I remember during the TR backlash some said if MS was funding the development then fine. Then Spencer said of course we adding to the marketing and development costs but it was still all bad to those gamers. Spare me the bullshit. This a tit for tat scenario. I don't care because I don't play fighting games all that much.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#85  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

There is only MS to blame as they started these types of deals and i can see a lot of games this gen that were multiplatform before to be exclusive on a single console this gen on both sides.. those with both consoles will benefit.

Besides its seems like SF5 wouldnt have happened if it wasnt for Sony the same thing that Nintendo did to Bayonetta 2.

That's pure fanboy bullshit. If the guy down the hall from me starts robbing banks and not getting busted, it makes it all good for me to do so also? There is something called taking responsibility for your own actions in life or having integrity. Sony doing it now doesn't give them a free pass. If you hated when one did it, the other is just as guilty.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#86  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

SFV wouldn't happen without Sony. Capcom stated last year that there wasn't enough in the bank to fund SFV. Sony's third party group is even funding the port for USFIV. Capcom is broke. Without Sony the best we probably would have gotten would be Ultra Super Hyper Street Fighters 4.5 on current gen PS4/XO/PC because a port cost A LOT less to produce than a brand new game.

Hell, we can't even get a proper Resident Evil mainline anymore. Revelation 2 looks very low budget and Dead Rising 3 was funded by Microsoft. Megaman is of course dead but I expect Nintendo to announce a partnership for the next title soon especially with the blue bomber being in Smash.

****expect Microsoft and Sony to kill each other for Resident Evil 7. Possible DMC5/DmC2 too. TekkenXSF either cancelled or picked up by one of the big three as an exclusive.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#87  Edited By Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

this isn't anything suprising. back in the psx and n64 days i think almost all or all Street Fighter games were on the original playstation while n64 got nothing. Capcom just likes Sony more or gets more money from them.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#88 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

So is this a Bayonetta 2 situation? That would change things. I find it weird that Capcom is in trouble, with such successful series...

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#89 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

No budget for Street Fighter 5 =/= The game funded by Sony. I don't know why some people are calling it an evidence. This way we can even say that Gabe Newell funded the game and since they've good relationship with Sony , they allowed it to release on Ps4 and rule the world together. Come on guys.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#90  Edited By DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
@KungfuKitten said:

So is this a Bayonetta 2 situation? That would change things. I find it weird that Capcom is in trouble, with such successful series...

It would appear to be. Despite all the conspiracy theories, the evidence we have says Capcom couldn't afford to make SFV. While they may have made it one day, it would not have been anytime soon and thus Sony's involvement probably allowed it to happen, just as in Bayo 2. As to how Capcom got into this mess, they made a mess of bad choices this last gen and a lot of titles under preformed. It is kinda similar to what happened to Square except instead of just a couple bad investments costing a lot, Capcom had a lot of bad investments each costing a little but it added up.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Legend002

@Cloud_imperium: No body is stupid enough to make a big franchise like this exclusive to PC. The cost is too high and PC gaming doesn't generate money like consoles. Reason why most PC exclusives are indies or crowdfunded instead of being huge AAA like Uncharted or Quantum Break.

*Even Gabe Newell wouldn't make Half-Life 3 exclusive to Steam when it is announced. lol

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#92 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Legend002:

Angry joe clearly addressed people like you in the last three minutes. Lol .

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Legend002

@Cloud_imperium: He got his theory, I got mine. Telling people to get a PC over the console already hurt his credibility to me. I got a higher end PC and I still can't recommend that especially with the latest Bloodborne, Order and Uncharted footage that was shown.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 HalcyonScarlet

Can we get an official source before the whole 'Sony steps in' becomes the go to excuse.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Legend002

@HalcyonScarlet: We KNOW that Sony stepped in. The question is in what way?

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

I can see the annoyance for gamers who only go for one system, but I think Street Fighter and Tomb Raider can get away with it because they have been on multiple systems with different story lines. Having a trilogy with the last game going exclusive would annoy the hell out of me, but in Tomb Raiders and Street Fighters case I don't see too much of a problem.

Except that Rise of the Tomb Raider is a continuation of TR2013's story line.

And I wonder how many viewers took anything from Joe's message about how idiotic the console wars are, and being the mentality of a 12 year old? :P

Well, I hope that those people nodded their head in agreement because he's right.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@Legend002 said:

@HalcyonScarlet: We KNOW that Sony stepped in. The question is in what way?

I meant in the way that they helped finance the game.

Also I thought there was a Sony guy who said 'Sony don't do that' when MS did the TR thing.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Legend002

@HalcyonScarlet: Crystal Dynamics said TR2 was happening and it was in development right after the first game for next gen consoleS. Capcom stated SFV wasn't happening just last year. A bit of a different situation wouldn't you agree?

All is speculation of course but the puzzle fits perfectly.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@Legend002 said:

SFV wouldn't happen without Sony. Capcom stated last year that there wasn't enough in the bank to fund SFV. Sony's third party group is even funding the port for USFIV. Capcom is broke. Without Sony the best we probably would have gotten would be Ultra Super Hyper Street Fighters 4.5 on current gen PS4/XO/PC because a port cost A LOT less to produce than a brand new game.

Hell, we can't even get a proper Resident Evil mainline anymore. Revelation 2 looks very low budget and Dead Rising 3 was funded by Microsoft. Megaman is of course dead but I expect Nintendo to announce a partnership for the next title soon especially with the blue bomber being in Smash.

****expect Microsoft and Sony to kill each other for Resident Evil 7. Possible DMC5/DmC2 too. TekkenXSF either cancelled or picked up by one of the big three as an exclusive.

DMC franchise.................R.I.P.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#100 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

LMAO. Someone is an xbox fanboy. He is so butthurt. He should cry more.