And this is what happened to Battlefield 2042.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

This was the last game with an EA logo on the box that i've ever purchased. If i do get DA4/MassEffect5, it will be on consoles, and in used condition so not a cent goes into their pockets. I AM MAD.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

Second best-selling launch in the series, so everyone who purchased this told EA and DICE “you’re doing the right thing”. I expect upper management will be rewarded with bonuses and will double down on further aping every other popular shooter on the market right now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hardwenzen

@Postosuchus said:

Second best-selling launch in the series, so everyone who purchased this told EA and DICE “you’re doing the right thing”. I expect upper management will be rewarded with bonuses and will double down on further aping every other popular shooter on the market right now.

And how many of those were refunded? Was the free 10h on gamepass included in the sales? How did those initial sales do for Anthem? And this is a live service game... initial sales are less important than player's engagement for the years to come, and its not with 2042 that they'll succeed at that. On Steam, there is almost more players currently playing BFV than the brand new BF that just came out. Those sales you saw is just an illusion of the game doing well.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#4 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

I’m gonna buy it just to rekt the haters.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

I’m gonna buy it just to rekt the haters.

You're stuck with the Switch as your main and only system. You're not fooling anybody😂

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Nobody should have even bought it after the beta was a disaster.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

You're an angry little guy on System Wars eh?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen

@dagubot said:

Angry and butthurt, all at the same time. Not a combination you want to see yourself in.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@dagubot said:

Angry and butthurt, all at the same time. Not a combination you want to see yourself in.

😂😂😂

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

I believe all of this based on how the game is right now. We could have had Bad Company 3... WTH is wrong with EA? They knew enough about how popular it is to put BC2 in Portal but dumb enough to think we wouldn't want a third?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen

@Zero_epyon said:

I believe all of this based on how the game is right now. We could have had Bad Company 3... WTH is wrong with EA? They knew enough about how popular it is to put BC2 in Portal but dumb enough to think we wouldn't want a third?

With every coming year, these big publishers/devs are more n more disconnected from gamers. Its ******* disgusting to think that we could've had BC3 YEARS AGO. Imagine BC3 with BF4 customization (or better... cuz you know, games are supposed to improve from their past titles, not copy them) with next gen levolution, etc. How cool would it be if you were able to destroy all the skyscrapers by placing like 50 c4's at the bottom? Its so annoying to think that none of this was done, at no chance of happening in the future.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:

With every coming year, these big publishers/devs are more n more disconnected from gamers. Its ******* disgusting to think that we could've had BC3 YEARS AGO. Imagine BC3 with BF4 customization (or better... cuz you know, games are supposed to improve from their past titles, not copy them) with next gen levolution, etc. How cool would it be if you were able to destroy all the skyscrapers by placing like 50 c4's at the bottom? Its so annoying to think that none of this was done, at no chance of happening in the future.

Arica Harbor in 2042 sucks compared to BC2. The destruction, the sound quality, the gun play. It was peak DICE and should have only improved from there.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#13 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

RIP Dice, and Battlefield. another beloved studio and franchise destroyed by an awful publisher.

boggles the mind how EA make such awful decisions, and the resulting games still do well enough to support them. and I am 100% part of the problem in this case since I bought the game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen

@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Arica Harbor in 2042 sucks compared to BC2. The destruction, the sound quality, the gun play. It was peak DICE and should have only improved from there.

lol i've noticed. The very first thing i did when i installed the game is load Arica with mah AN-94 to see what's up. Completely ruined, all of it. The different feel, the sound and shitty bloom has also destroyed my AN-94. Really disappointing, but why would it be good when the rest of the game is shit?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#15 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

R.I.P. DICE and BF

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Glad I only upped my EA Play Pro for a month. If they manage to turn it around without the nonsense, I may pick it up again in a year or so.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Working as intended......

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

Reads like fan-fiction, but it is a narrative that has been shared for a while these past few years.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I was so dissatisfied with the 10-hour trial I don't think I even used four hours of it.

Also "hero shooter" lol, called it. They're just aping other games.

As I said in another thread, I don't play Battlefield because it's like APEX or COD, I play it because it's not like those games. Or rather, it used to not be like them; now it is.

All I want is a realism-lite military themed shooter that focuses on squad-based gameplay. No gimmicks. No "heroes" with special abilities. Just classes that complement each other battling it out on giant maps with 150 people on foot and in vehicles.

Honestly these publishers need a lesson in "less is more".