Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Good to see its not walking simulator like previous games.

more horror titles?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#2 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Not sure what to make of it. Amnesia Rebirth was a disappointment. A huge step down from SOMA. I have a lot of respect for Frictional Games, but it is hard to get excited after their last game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ghosts4ever

@BassMan said:

Not sure what to make of it. Amnesia Rebirth was a disappointment. A huge step down from SOMA. I have a lot of respect for Frictional Games, but it is hard to get excited after their last game.

never liked amnesia, they feel like walking simulator. nice atmospher but still nothing to do.

this is in right step they put some combat here. now you have a gun.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

Hmmm. Not sure how I feel about that. I've only played the first one, but being helpless was the majority of what I enjoyed. I've heard the other games aren't great, so maybe the novelty would've worn off if had played them, but adding weapons to the original game would've killed it for me.

There's a difference between walking through a creepy scenario, without the ability to defend yourself, and walking through a lame forest, and chatting on the radio (Firewatch).

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34608 Posts

Cooal. Never played the Amnesia games, and probably wont cause I'm scared. Add some combat and I might be down. :P

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

Sounds pretty cool. I actually prefer the penumbra games however. I played Penumbra at the time of release (Not sure if they hold up today might be outdated).

As people said below Rebirth was a massive disappointment. I had very high expectations and found the protagonist to be incredibly annoying killing the immersion with constant talking from start to finish.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Had the first game, but constantly running away and hiding is not gameplay. Since this has combat, i am interested to see more.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Adding a weapon was a smart move, the Amnesia formula has definitely gotten old IMO, I never even bothered to play the last one.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

Had the first game, but constantly running away and hiding is not gameplay. Since this has combat, i am interested to see more.

exactly. plus this being more open and have combat means finally a good amnesia game.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

exactly. plus this being more open and have combat means finally a good amnesia game.

I dunno. Hide and Seek is one of the most pure games I've ever played. How is that not a game? It's like reliving the joy of being a kid,;except that now, you're favorite hiding place is in a pile of bugs. And the seeker is a creepy shambling monster, instead of your stinky cousin.

But you could be onto something. Hide or Bleed sounds fun too👍

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3400 Posts

@hardwenzen: How does it feel when you say something stupid and ghost agrees with you?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

@hardwenzen: How does it feel when you say something stupid and ghost agrees with you?

Me saying something stupid? Don't get it mistaken, i know what i am talking about. As a matter of fact, nobody on SW knows as much as i do. Ghost agreeing with me is perfectly normal, and expected.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

This plays like a Sony game, no thanks. Sony can keep this movie trash.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@mesome713 said:

This plays like a Sony game, no thanks. Sony can keep this movie trash.

What about Amnesia is "movie game" at all? IIRC there are few, if any, cinematics.

Maybe you meant to say "walking sim"? That'd still be inaccurate but it'd be better than "movie trash" lol

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever

@dimebag667 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

I dunno. Hide and Seek is one of the most pure games I've ever played. How is that not a game? It's like reliving the joy of being a kid,;except that now, you're favorite hiding place is in a pile of bugs. And the seeker is a creepy shambling monster, instead of your stinky cousin.

But you could be onto something. Hide or Bleed sounds fun too👍

in Amnesia, you are not doing anything so im glad they put some gun combat here.

hide and seek and just walking is booring and waste of time.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@BassMan said:

Soma was excellent but i never had the chance to play Amnesia Rebirth, in fact i didn't knew about it until much later, so i have to ask, why was a disappointment ? i'm genuinely curious since Frictional Games usually deliver.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Love this series. Very cool vibes. Will check out.

Hopefully they have half an idea of how to program shooting mechanics.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@BassMan said:

Arguably everything would be a step down from SOMA. That game is so underrated it's disgusting. Effing masterpiece.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#20 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:
@BassMan said:

Soma was excellent but i never had the chance to play Amnesia Rebirth, in fact i didn't knew about it until much later, so i have to ask, why was a disappointment ? i'm genuinely curious since Frictional Games usually deliver.

The pacing and theme of the game was a step in the wrong direction. It is not a bad game, but decent. SOMA was great.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3400 Posts

This game having shooting does nothing for me, doesn't make it better or worse.

To be honest, as years go by, it bothers me that 99% of the games have killing stuff as a core mechanic. I get its a easy way to create engagement but makes me feel like a cat chasing a laser pointer.

Having a franchise that successfully avoided combat now abandoning that approach isn't that exciting for me.