Am I the only PS3 owner who is not getting GOW3??

• 192 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stevoqwerty
Member since 2006 • 4029 Posts

I don't get why ppl like GOW3, it's set in medieval times and it look very confusing with the environments looks all dark and dirty. I rather play Uncharted 2, or MAG or Star Wars: TFU.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#2 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

Firstly Yes you are the only one. Secondly ROFLMAO!!. Thirdly LOL medievil times :lol:

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts
I'm not going to get it.. but not for the reasons you stated. I've just never been a fan of the games.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

I don't get why ppl like GOW3, it's set in medieval times and it look very confusing with the environments looks all dark and dirty. I rather play Uncharted 2, or MAG or Star Wars: TFU.

stevoqwerty

That's quote worthy.

themerlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 themerlin
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts

GOW1-2 suck therefore GOW3 sucks imo.

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

I absoloutely hate the series so i wont get it.

Il be getting Yakuza 3 and End of Eternity next month instead.

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="stevoqwerty"]

Gxgear

That's quote worthy.

Hahahaha, most definitely so.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

I like the genre but was tired of the GoW setting so I hoped DI would give me the fix I needed but that game turned out to be really bad So I guess I will have to buy GoW3

EDIT: I think someone needs a history lesson.

WinnerByTKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WinnerByTKO
Member since 2009 • 491 Posts

Haha hilarious thread. God of War 3 actually takes place in modern time, right after World War 2.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zarshack

Haha hilarious thread. God of War 3 actually takes place in modern time, right after World War 2.

WinnerByTKO

NO! it takes place in the future after the Cataclysm in 2012!

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Of course not, this is a gaming site; GOW3 is a big game, so expect many people here who own a PS3 to get it.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
lol medieval times...i take it u dont own a ps3 or paid attention is history class :P
WinnerByTKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WinnerByTKO
Member since 2009 • 491 Posts

If someone finds GoW 3 confusing (one of the most basic games) and find it dark and dirty looking (apart from hades levels which is a minor part of the games, 90% of the games are set in light enviorments).

TC is obviously trolling.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zarshack

lol medieval times...i take it u dont own a ps3 or paid attention is history class :Pstereointegrity
Do they actually teach greek mythology in history classes? I just remember being told some of the stories back in primary school, like the ones about the minotaur in the labrynth and about the sirens, and medusa.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

What the helll you guys talking about? His right, there is God of War set in medival times ^^ Guess what it is

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

lol at medieval times.

But yeah, I'm not getting GOW3. I'm just not a fan of the series to be honest. Didn't like originals.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
It is not going to be a MUST buy for me. I'll get around to it one day.
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

well there's about 30 million PS3 out there, and GOW 3 will probably sell about 2 million copies, so that leaves 28 million PS3 user who didn't get it, so I'd say your not the only one

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

Nope. No game has a 99% attach rate. I doubt if 1/7 to 1/8th even get it. If sales get to 6 million it would mean only 1 out of every 6 PS3 owners bought it.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I went to medieval times to get a sneek peek at Kratos in GoW III....

Which one is he?

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

[QUOTE="stevoqwerty"]

Gxgear

That's quote worthy.

Lol. Obviously he knows nothing about the game.

lafiro93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lafiro93
Member since 2010 • 2076 Posts

Why are you guys making fun of him? He doesnt care for the story of GOW and you guys attack him....thats sad. Its also hard to believe that its set after WW2 because there are no guns.

qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
I hope you are. theres nothing worst than great games that dont sell.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zarshack

I went to medieval times to get a sneek peek at Kratos in GoW III....

Which one is he?

moistsandwich

Does this mean Kratos was in the cable guy aswell?

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

Why are you guys making fun of him? He doesnt care for the story of GOW and you guys attack him....thats sad. Its also hard to believe that its set after WW2 because there are no guns.

lafiro93
Why do you care?
lafiro93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lafiro93

[QUOTE="lafiro93"]

LastRambo341

Why do you care?

Why do you care what i care?

We are all humans and there should be no reason he should be attacked just because he doesnt know a setting of a game :roll:

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
I don't know if I'm going to get it. If I do I'll wait until I can find it for real cheap.
Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts

stevoqwerty

:o

:lol:

OM..G

ROFL

Anyways...

yea you are the only one

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

stevoqwerty
Im not a console owner this gen ( my first since Atari 2600.... ) for various reasons , but this game making me think seriously to buy PS3......... And you wont buy it?! Youre crazy!! There isnt anything more fascinating than ancient greeks , and their mythology and not is not medieval... Its like between 2000-1000BC!!! Thats ancient!! If you dont like its ok , but dont deny is an awesome game.
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Already beat the collection and I am anticipating its arrival since I already pre-ordered it.

San_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 San_09
Member since 2009 • 1206 Posts

No... Because it's just all... Dunno, dont like the 'God' concept.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#32 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

I´m not getting it as well.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
At first I was like "Troll rite?", then I saw the level and I lol'd.
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

Unless you really hate genre of God of War, if you didn't think that at least God of War II was a good game, you just have horrible taste. I don't care if you call me close minded or start giving me "it's all about opinion!" crap.

And for you who were never interested in the GoW series, I hope it's not because you never bothered into looking into it. I ALMOST avoided the series many years ago as I never really played these kinds of games either. But, I just couldn't ignore all the praise and awards it won and the fact that everyone I asked about it said it's actually one of the best games they've ever played. I'm glad that I brought both of them for $20 and now GoW III is definitely day one.

If you need further convincing that this game will be insane, watch this:

yes there are some gameplay spoilers and no I haven't watched this yet, but based on people's reactions, this game is looking incredible beyond belief:

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/85?ep=85

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
Lol @ Medevil times, but yeah I think you are the only one, I'm getting it day 1.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

lafiro93

You took those comments serious?

lafiro93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lafiro93

[QUOTE="lafiro93"]

Lto_thaG

You took those comments serious?

nah

CZVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CZVA
Member since 2009 • 1166 Posts

I wasnt going to get it either. I was put off after playing the E3 demo thats in the PSN store right now. But after seeing the GameTrailers video of the latest build, its a must buy.

I just wish GOW games had more replay value. And Im not talking about trophy hunting. Thats forcing yourself to replay the game.

reiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 reiv
Member since 2008 • 1038 Posts
I won't be getting it. Not my type of game but I can see why it will be a lot of fun for a lot of people.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#40 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

lafiro93
dude you are just as bad as the tc if you believe this game takes place after ww2. I guess you and tc no nothing about the god of war series? did you just start gaming this gen? Gow is a bout Greek mythology. TC basically attacked the series that millions of player love. Its obvious that he and you don't know that its about Greek mythology taking place 2000+ years ago (ww2 lol.). But if someone attacks a well loved game that they don't know anything about and even say it takes place in a different time, expect to bombarded with angry fans. I personally think this is just the case of ps3 haters, hating on a game they know nothing of.
lafiro93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lafiro93

[QUOTE="lafiro93"]

Midnightshade29

dude you are just as bad as the tc if you believe this game takes place after ww2. I guess you and tc no nothing about the god of war series? did you just start gaming this gen? Gow is a bout Greek mythology. TC basically attacked the series that millions of player love. Its obvious that he and you don't know that its about Greek mythology taking place 2000+ years ago (ww2 lol.). But if someone attacks a well loved game that they don't know anything about and even say it takes place in a different time, expect to bombarded with angry fans. I personally think this is just the case of ps3 haters, hating on a game they know nothing of.

It was a joke and i was saying it agian because it sounded silly (someone else said it). Also he is in NO WAY attacking GOW, he is asking pople why they think its great, thats it.

If you look at my reviews, i have reviewed 2/3 god of war games

I have played all of them.

Now that i read it agian he is sort of attacking GOW sorry bout that but still...

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts
No I'm not getting it either. Ive got the first 2, but i only bought them when they were heavily reduced in price. I beat the first but didn't bother with the second, i'm just not into hack n slash games or whatever you want to call them. Might give it a rent eventually just because it looks so pretty :P
rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts
I don't know if I'm going to get it. If I do I'll wait until I can find it for real cheap.BubbyJello
good luck on that! first party games take way longer to drop in price than third party
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts
No I'm not getting it either. Ive got the first 2, but i only bought them when they were heavily reduced in price. I beat the first but didn't bother with the second, i'm just not into hack n slash games or whatever you want to call them. Might give it a rent eventually just because it looks so pretty :PAnjunaddict
The 2nd is way better than the first with more boss and mini boss fights, better puzzles, a little better graphics, and the story picks up even more with some twists.
Elementsphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Elementsphere
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts

I'm not buying it, maybe a rent, but no buy. IMO the god of war series is a flop, and the demo sucks. Its probably the best in hack n slash genre but its not worth my money to buy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#46 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Am I the only PS3 owner who is not getting GOW3??stevoqwerty
Yep.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
lulz, medieval times. Anyway, no, I'm not getting it either. I never really liked the series, so I'll be passing on this one.
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="lafiro93"]

Midnightshade29

dude you are just as bad as the tc if you believe this game takes place after ww2. I guess you and tc no nothing about the god of war series? did you just start gaming this gen? Gow is a bout Greek mythology. TC basically attacked the series that millions of player love. Its obvious that he and you don't know that its about Greek mythology taking place 2000+ years ago(ww2 lol.). But if someone attacks a well loved game that they don't know anything about and even say it takes place in a different time, expect to bombarded with angry fans. I personally think this is just the case of ps3 haters, hating on a game they know nothing of.

LOL... it's called Greed "Myth"ology for a reason.... I never took place, not after WWII, not 2000 years ago.... not 10000 years ago. It's not real.... or did Percy Jackson convince you otherwise? LOL

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts

[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"][QUOTE="lafiro93"]

moistsandwich

dude you are just as bad as the tc if you believe this game takes place after ww2. I guess you and tc no nothing about the god of war series? did you just start gaming this gen? Gow is a bout Greek mythology. TC basically attacked the series that millions of player love. Its obvious that he and you don't know that its about Greek mythology taking place 2000+ years ago(ww2 lol.). But if someone attacks a well loved game that they don't know anything about and even say it takes place in a different time, expect to bombarded with angry fans. I personally think this is just the case of ps3 haters, hating on a game they know nothing of.

LOL... it's called Greed "Myth"ology for a reason.... I never took place, not after WWII, not 2000 years ago.... not 10000 years ago. It's not real.... or did Percy Jackson convince you otherwise? LOL

Uh, works of fiction can take place in actual time. Greek Mythology stories all take place in the BC years, more or less.
EXLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 EXLINK
Member since 2003 • 5719 Posts
Play it first, because by the content of your post I can tell you've never played it.