Allstars Public Beta this Evening Thoughts

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TomatoDragonPSN
TomatoDragonPSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TomatoDragonPSN
Member since 2012 • 535 Posts
So I downloaded the beta this evening, and after watching the presidential debate, started playing it. Ive gotten in about a dozen matches, and I will say I'm diggin' what Superbot was going after. Ive tried out all the characters, and they definitely play differently from each other. The only thing I've been finding myself doing, is attempting to push up to jump. I know it'll just take some reconditioning time to adjust. But overall, I'm liking it so far.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

I heard its only available to PS+ members on PS3 but the Vita beta is open to everybody.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
I don't have PS+ but I have a Vita...soooo I'll download the Vita version right now.
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

really good, played it on my wii last night

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Any idea if it's seperate from the one released a few weeks back?
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

I have to say I like it too. It is a considerable amount like SSB, but there are significant differences that are done very well. The strategy is essentially flipped upsidedown with the stage design and emphasis on supers changing the entire philosophy of how you battle. As soon as I changed my thinking to accomodate the strategy, I found myself winning a lot of my matches.

The biggest issue I can say is that the matching servers went offline a couple times. While annoying, it was obviously part of an adjustment period.

Overall, it was fun and I find myself a lot more hyped for this game than I was before. Also, I love Sly's invisibility.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Meeeper282
:lol:
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

Meeeper282

i'loled

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Will let you know by tomorrow.. too busy tonight to play games

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

Meeeper282

that was great. :lol:

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
It was actually a lot of fun. If i get the cash itl'l be a day one buy. Parappa the Rappa rocks
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
It's alright. Some downright stupid design choices hamper it. No health or score indicator for one. What the heck is up with that? The stages are way too similar. Might be a little early to really judge, since the beta only has two, but they play almost the same. Overall underwhelmed. Might still pick it up at launch though, it should be fun enough.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Capitan_Kid
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]It's alright. Some downright stupid design choices hamper it. No health or score indicator for one. What the heck is up with that? The stages are way too similar. Might be a little early to really judge, since the beta only has two, but they play almost the same. Overall underwhelmed. Might still pick it up at launch though, it should be fun enough.

Why would there be a health bar when there is no health? You either live or die from special attacks
_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts
I will have to download it at the end of the month. But I got into the last beta they had. I was impressed with how fun the characters were despite none of them being the ones I cared about. I think the effort they've put into tailoring each characters moves is really paying off.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lx_theo
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]It's alright. Some downright stupid design choices hamper it. No health or score indicator for one. What the heck is up with that? The stages are way too similar. Might be a little early to really judge, since the beta only has two, but they play almost the same. Overall underwhelmed. Might still pick it up at launch though, it should be fun enough.

Why would there be a health bar when there is no health? You either live or die from special attacks

From my understanding, you do have health and you can die, but it takes A LOT to take someone out that way. Seemingly enough so that its not worth putting a bar.
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

I had a lot of fun with it, this beta is a lot better than the previous one, considerable level of polish was added. Some characters need balancing, specifically Radec's sniper rifle. Overall it seems like a solid title though, I just hope the final product includes a lot of nice touches SSB has, like character bios (trophies), music selection, stage creator, and mini games.

I'm not sure if I'll be picking it up day one, but if I have the money I will.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lx_theo

I will have to download it at the end of the month. But I got into the last beta they had. I was impressed with how fun the characters were despite none of them being the ones I cared about. I think the effort they've put into tailoring each characters moves is really paying off._Cadbury_
Beta period ends at end of month, I believe, fyi

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts

[QUOTE="_Cadbury_"]I will have to download it at the end of the month. But I got into the last beta they had. I was impressed with how fun the characters were despite none of them being the ones I cared about. I think the effort they've put into tailoring each characters moves is really paying off.lx_theo

Beta period ends at end of month, I believe, fyi

Oh? I thought it was PS+ subscribers only now, and open to everyone later on for just a few days. I guess I should find out...
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Patrick_92-
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]It's alright. Some downright stupid design choices hamper it. No health or score indicator for one. What the heck is up with that? The stages are way too similar. Might be a little early to really judge, since the beta only has two, but they play almost the same. Overall underwhelmed. Might still pick it up at launch though, it should be fun enough.

From my understanding, you do have health and you can die, but it takes A LOT to take someone out that way. Seemingly enough so that its not worth putting a bar.

Nope, only Supers will do it. Think of your Super meter as your health bar, you live and die by not earning AP. It's still skilled based though, the good players will still be able to earn Supers faster, and know when and where to use em.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lx_theo

[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]Any idea if it's seperate from the one released a few weeks back?Slashkice

Curious about this too if anyone knows.

Though I'll download it later anyway, even if I have no intention of getting the full game.

From my understanding. One is a closed beta, the other is an open beta. Biggest difference will be more people playing and a more up to date version of their refinements and such.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]It's alright. Some downright stupid design choices hamper it. No health or score indicator for one. What the heck is up with that? The stages are way too similar. Might be a little early to really judge, since the beta only has two, but they play almost the same. Overall underwhelmed. Might still pick it up at launch though, it should be fun enough.

What decides this otherwise random occurrence if there is no health? Maybe their isn't a traditional health system, but I should have an idea of how screwed I am at all times. Any other fighting game, including smash bros does this.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mems_1224

I have to say I like it too. It is a considerable amount like SSB, but there are significant differences that are done very well. The strategy is essentially flipped upsidedown with the stage design and emphasis on supers changing the entire philosophy of how you battle. As soon as I changed my thinking to accomodate the strategy, I found myself winning a lot of my matches.

The biggest issue I can say is that the matching servers went offline a couple times. While annoying, it was obviously part of an adjustment period.

Overall, it was fun and I find myself a lot more hyped for this game than I was before. Also, I love Sly's invisibility.

lx_theo
dude no one cares about your opinion
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Patrick_92-

[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]Any idea if it's seperate from the one released a few weeks back?Slashkice

Though I'll download it later anyway, even if I have no intention of getting the full game.

Yeah it's different, Sly was added, different UI, there is an announcer now and characters will say lines throughout the matches, and just overall a lot more polish than the previous beta .
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#25 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

It felt alright. My thoughts:

• Sometimes it felt unresponsive. :?
  • Loading into the tutorial took a lot longer than it probably should have, then getting into the match took a bit of time too. I don't play much for online multiplayer but I was a little disappointed it wasn't faster.
  • I wasn't missing being able to knock characters off the stages which is something I thought would bother me; I feared that this would be the biggest issue.
  • I didn't like the supers though.
  • Lost my character a couple of times.
  • The entire game seems to have this amateur design to it. Nothing seems to blend, the menus looked like little effort was put into them, and the only thing that stood out to me was the song during the menu which wasn't bad at all.

Overall, I won't be picking this up right away; in fact I may not pick it up at all. It could be fun and I would really like to try the other characters out and see if I find something that I truly enjoy to play. After tonight's playtime with the beta though I'm less enthused for the game.

I will be playing more of the beta when I can though.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lx_theo
[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

mems_1224

:lol: Bitter tears. Oh sweat, delicious tears of a bitter troll.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Capitan_Kid
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]It's alright. Some downright stupid design choices hamper it. No health or score indicator for one. What the heck is up with that? The stages are way too similar. Might be a little early to really judge, since the beta only has two, but they play almost the same. Overall underwhelmed. Might still pick it up at launch though, it should be fun enough.

What decides this otherwise random occurrence if there is no health? Maybe their isn't a traditional health system, but I should have an idea of how screwed I am at all times. Any other fighting game, including smash bros does this.

Look at your opponents AP bar. That determines if your screwed. Especially if its level 3. Every special attack is an OHKO. This isnt a traditional fighter. You beat up your opponent until you have enough meter to finish them off.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]Any idea if it's seperate from the one released a few weeks back?-Patrick_92-

Yeah it's different, Sly was added, different UI, there is an announcer now and characters will say lines throughout the matches, and just overall a lot more polish than the previous beta .

Thanks! I just found it on the Vita and it is indeed a different one. I guess I can delete the other one now.
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Patrick_92-
[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"][QUOTE="Slashkice"]

Kaze_no_Mirai

Thanks! I just found it on the Vita and it is indeed a different one. I guess I can delete the other one now.

No problem, I was in the previous beta as well. Speaking of the Vita, the game plays really well on the system, and so far I actually enjoy the game more on Vita than I do that PS3 version.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="lx_theo"]

lx_theo

:lol: Bitter tears. Oh sweat, delicious tears of a bitter troll.

cool opinion no one cares about bro
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

the game is actually good, I didn't expect that.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#32 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

I wasn't able to get into a match.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts

[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

mems_1224

omg the amount of butthurt here in incredible, stop embaressing yourself bro atleast try to hide it better :D

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

Meeeper282
GG.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mems_1224

Z-Fatalis

omg the amount of butthurt here in incredible, stop embaressing yourself bro atleast try to hide it better :D

no butthurt here, i actually have games to play this year :cool:
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

mems_1224

Is that the new damage control...? I don't...
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#37 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Meeeper282

:lol:

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mems_1224

DrTrafalgarLaw

damage controlling what exactly?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I heard its only available to PS+ members on PS3 but the Vita beta is open to everybody.

Obviously_Right
The open beta on PS3 for all users starts next week.

Meeeper282
Zing!
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts
I'm starting to grow on this game. I hated it at first
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] dude no one cares about your opinionmems_1224

no butthurt here, i actually have games to play this year :cool:

Yep your very butthurt haha :D

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] dude no one cares about your opinion

I don't know man, I'm asking you. It must be some form of prototype damage control, hot off the lemmings hideout. I'm guessing you're damage controlling the fact that PS3 has an unreleased, unrated exclusive. Pre-emptive damage control...a new tier of damage control? What are you lemmings calling it?
xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

Its fun. I am only concerned about longevity like balance, characters, stages, gameplay etc. It has that initial fun factor covered.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Gonna try it tomorrow.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mems_1224
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Is that the new damage control...? I don't...

I don't know man, I'm asking you. It must be some form of prototype damage control, hot off the lemmings hideout. I'm guessing you're damage controlling the fact that PS3 has an unreleased, unrated exclusive. Pre-emptive damage control...a new tier of damage control? What are you lemmings calling it?

whos a lemming? i have barely touched my 360 for games these last few weeks. got a lot of pc games to play.
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Meeeper282

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfXxJMXid990GebIaeXGW

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

sts106mat

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfXxJMXid990GebIaeXGW

nice gif, but IMO, its missing a "dum" . "ba dum dum tssshhh"

Nah, just one "dum".

Trust me, I'm an expert.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
will be downloading it.. even though its only 1 more character than the vita beta i was in a few weeks ago, it will be on my big screen and i will probably have a better chance at finding an actual match.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Is this for PS+ users only?