All this hype, such a waste of money.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

The fundamental issue here, they are so expensive and yet they offer nothing dramatically different to the older consoles, and nothing over PC gaming except some exclusives, in terms of the next 6-12 months will be dog crap in comparison.

Was looking online today to consider a PS4 or X1....

Amazon.

PS4 - £350
Playstation Plus £35
Extra Controller £55
1 Game - £49-59 (WTF IS THIS?)

Total = Nearly £500.

I can get a IPS monitor and a damn high end graphics card that will last and beat these consoles for the next 3-4 years for that damn price. along with cheaper games.... and allround still better multiplayer, service options ect.

Same story for Xbox only total it to £570.

an IPS monitor and a damn graphics card would give you more games and an overall much better quality feeling.

I mean my god my current 2 year old graphic card plays Battlefield 4 better than these next gen consoles.

Why early adopt? why support £50-60 game prices?

Why support paying monthly for online with no control or benefits from it? (over said pc competition).

Console games? ok 1st party. but remember steam consoles next year, so you even potentially lose the console-multiplat advantage. a game built for steam is a game playable on all steam devices, e.g steam console and pc alike.

these consoles. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Nice opinion

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

you're gonna need more than a monitor and a GPU to play games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@RR360DD said:

Nice opinion

little bits of it are opinion, the points are not.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Don't buy it than. Nobody is forcing you.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Console games are expensive, because price gouging is fun and harmless. I care little about hardware prices, whether it's PC or console. However, I'm too spoiled by Steam/GMG to accept unreasonable bargains on games.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

I rather not waste my time on PC gaming, too many bad experience in the past and don't really give a shit about graphics either.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Don't be mad because we're getting the next Half Life of this generation.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I am not buying for at least a year. Not worth buying at launch. I leave that to the suckers of the world.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@freedomfreak:

Was Half Life 3 confirmed ? :D

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

You can't play PS4 exclusives on PC.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I will be getting more than my moneys worth with the PS4 and it's less than 3 weeks away. :D

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

@freedomfreak:

Was Half Life 3 confirmed ? :D

I think he's referring to some people comparing Killzone 3 to Half Life.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Ok... dont be mad

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@MBirdy88: All these meaningless words, what a waste of a thread.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib

@mrintro said:

You can't play PS4 exclusives on PC.

and vice versa

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

After Titanfall comes out on Xbone; That and Dead Rising 3 are more than enough for me to pick one up early next year. Never have been a fan of PC gaming in any way. Very few genres and most of the exclusives are just downright boring. Not to mention terrible optimization. You spend $1000 on a PC and can't play the higher end games due to games running like sh*t due to optimization.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I to am finding these game prices absurd. I've been so used to paying £30-40(which is already a high price to pay) for my games and now they bump it up another £10-20quid? Ridiculous.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

idiot thats the worst comparison i have ever seen and heard.

so you are comparing a whole system which comes with an OS, Internet browser, all the other functions these consoles come with,

to a monitor and a graphics card???? seriously do you not realise that a graphics card alone doesn't up your capability and it has to be the right cpu and everything. please come back when you actually have a brain, your such an idiot, paying for online, at least we get free games with that so yes we do get benefits. jesus kids these days, useless,

Lets get one thing straightened out. A HIGH GRAPHICS CARD WILL NOT BEAT PS4/XBOXONE, you need decent ram, and motherboard and all the other stuff, when you come back with that and it compares to the price, then you can make a thread but until then just go back to school and learn something.

And One more thing, the steam console is coming out and they reacon it's going to cost $1000 so your point is???

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lostrib

@Puckhog04 said:

After Titanfall comes out on Xbone; That and Dead Rising 3 are more than enough for me to pick one up early next year. Never have been a fan of PC gaming in any way. Very few genres and most of the exclusives are just downright boring. Not to mention terrible optimization. You spend $1000 on a PC and can't play the higher end games due to games running like sh*t due to optimization.

and yet they run better than consoles

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lostrib

@bezza2011 said:

so you are comparing a whole system which comes with an OS, Internet browser, all the other functions these consoles come with,

to a monitor and a graphics card???? seriously do you not realise that a graphics card alone doesn't up your capability and it has to be the right cpu and everything. please come back when you actually have a brain, your such an idiot, paying for online, at least we get free games with that so yes we do get benefits. jesus kids these days, useless,

Lets get one thing straightened out. A HIGH GRAPHICS CARD WILL NOT BEAT PS4/XBOXONE, you need decent ram, and motherboard and all the other stuff, when you come back with that and it compares to the price, then you can make a thread but until then just go back to school and learn something.

And One more thing, the steam console is coming out and they reacon it's going to cost $1000 so your point is???

the steam box is announced to have multiple price points

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Don't buy it and actually upgrade your PC

or

Buy both and be happy with both

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Well PC gaming isn't for everybody, if I wasn't a complete tech nerd I wouldn't have the patience for it.

Both the XB1 and PS4 are a nice upgrade from previous, especially the PS4, it's pretty good hardware value for $400

Only thing I'm not real happy about is pay for online "service" it's a complete ripoff.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@lostrib said:

You will also need to spend more money on consoles than PC if you want to rival the experience you get on PC. You want 10 games? $600. You could also easyily just get a cheap PC and just play DotA 2 and PoE for the rest of your life and still have more fun than anything on consoles and those games cost nothing and aren't P2W.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lostrib

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@lostrib said:

You will also need to spend more money on consoles than PC if you want to rival the experience you get on PC. You want 10 games? $600. You could also easyily just get a cheap PC and just play DotA 2 and PoE for the rest of your life and still have more fun than anything on consoles and those games cost nothing and aren't P2W.

Okay

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#27  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

The fundamental issue here, they are so expensive and yet they offer nothing dramatically different to the older consoles, and nothing over PC gaming except some exclusives, in terms of the next 6-12 months will be dog crap in comparison.

Was looking online today to consider a PS4 or X1....

Amazon.

PS4 - £350

Playstation Plus £35

Extra Controller £55

1 Game - £49-59 (WTF IS THIS?)

Total = Nearly £500.

I can get a IPS monitor and a damn high end graphics card that will last and beat these consoles for the next 3-4 years for that damn price. along with cheaper games.... and allround still better multiplayer, service options ect.

Same story for Xbox only total it to £570.

an IPS monitor and a damn graphics card would give you more games and an overall much better quality feeling.

I mean my god my current 2 year old graphic card plays Battlefield 4 better than these next gen consoles.

Why early adopt? why support £50-60 game prices?

Why support paying monthly for online with no control or benefits from it? (over said pc competition).

Console games? ok 1st party. but remember steam consoles next year, so you even potentially lose the console-multiplat advantage. a game built for steam is a game playable on all steam devices, e.g steam console and pc alike.

these consoles. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?

Playing video games, watching movies, listening to music, watching music, internet, sports, tv videos, creating games. I don't understand your thread. Its obvious you don't see value in console gaming. Don't buy one. Do you want others not to? Or to prove you have the wrong opinion, as if that could be done?

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@lostrib said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@lostrib said:

Okay

Glad you agree

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Well all I know for sure is there's no real reason for me to own a next-gen console since I own a gaming PC, and there won't be an killer apps on XB1 or PS4 for a year after they launch or so.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@_Matt_:

Hahahahahah Killzone the next Half-Life? hahahhahahaha

5dlrbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 5dlrbill
Member since 2012 • 103 Posts

I stay away from pc gaming never bin a fan.. XBOX1 is going to have everything that I can think of that would work against the pc.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

You lost everyone when you showed your hermit colours. You will be slaughtered for it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Heil68 said:

I will be getting more than my moneys worth with the PS4 and it's less than 3 weeks away. :D

You really won't. you get would get alot more value just getting games on your current platform.

You will spend £500 on a mediocre game and maybe 1 good one in a year. or you will buy multiple games on release none of which will stand out, you will end up going back to your old system/pc games even though you bought what 4 games and end up paying £700. but but the trade in right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@bezza2011 said:

what are you that dense? you already have most of that stuff, if we want to get nit picky replace the monitor with a mobo and cpu. both of which are still better than the console offerings.

The steam console will range from cheap to expensive. so ye, there will be a $1000 model. but then thats scalable hardware. not £500 for consoles that cant beat current PC battlefield on 2-3-4 even year old hardware.

why would you change the entire pc? so stupid. mobo , ram , cpu and gpu at most. why would i buy the OS again? jesus. most people who have upgraded in the last 4 years have quad cores and they are more than fine.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Forget the money, it's all about Oculus Rift. Extra triangles can't make up for what the Rift brings to the table. It and the advent of 4k televisions (probably by the end of 2014) will make these consoles look really ancient really fast.

MS and Sony are launching their new hardware at a very unfortunate time.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts
@MBirdy88 said:

@bezza2011 said:

what are you that dense? you already have most of that stuff, if we want to get nit picky replace the monitor with a mobo and cpu. both of which are still better than the console offerings.

The steam console will range from cheap to expensive. so ye, there will be a $1000 model. but then thats scalable hardware. not £500 for consoles that cant beat current PC battlefield on 2-3-4 even year old hardware.

why would you change the entire pc? so stupid. mobo , ram , cpu and gpu at most. why would i buy the OS again? jesus. most people who have upgraded in the last 4 years have quad cores and they are more than fine.

What no you don't, if you buy a new gpu it doesn't just mean you get next gen gaming, thats not how it works, unless you already spent 1000 on a gaming pc a year ago, the prices don't add up.

You buy a next gen console i'm buying a brand new OS,8GB OF RAM, GRAPHICS CARD, and your comparing a brand new console to buying just a graphics card and a monitor :S, your completly missing the whole thing that you already have a 700/1000 gaming rig in the first place, you can't just go well monitor graphics card is same price as a next gen, please get with it jesus.

steam box, no one knows the pricing, a cheap one at 500???? well is that going to be the same as the 1000 one no course not.

hmmm why would i change the entire pc hmmmm because to get next gen you probably will.

and read your last paragraph, you have just answered your own stupid question, you already own the OS and buying a graphics card, a cpu, ram, and mobo will cost more than a ps4/xbox one.

so when you start a thread, at least get a comparison which matches.

like come up with a pc which will produce the graphics and power of a ps4/xbox one at around the same price and then you can start making a thread what has any relevance to it.

instead of a thread which tells me o if i buy a new graphics card and a monitor it's the same price as a console/multiplayer and games lol come on.

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37 KellyKelly
Member since 2013 • 386 Posts

LOL no thanks, i'd rather play on a platform that doesn't have out of the park baseball 2007 as it's highest rated exclusive

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

@musicalmac: I still have a 1080p monitor even with 1440p monitors on the market for years. I doubt it is a necessity to cater to the 4k tv population, especially since it will have such low numbers for years. And lets wait for the rift to release before we spell doom and gloom using a peripheral that most people wont have, and most games wont support.