Aliens vs. Predator (2010) is such an underrated game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

I was replaying the Alien campaign a few hours ago. Critics can be so scathing. I find this game to be quite fun, even if it is a bit elementary during certain parts. Multiplayer is entertaining for a few hours.

It didn't win any awards last year, but I still like tearing spinal cords out of those poor, hapless colonial marines. I wonder if the next AvP game will allow to play as the Alien once more? Doubt it, however.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

I've never played any of the previous games. Hmm. Perhaps I might give those a try.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

I've never played any of the previous games. Hmm. Perhaps I might give those a try.

The_Capitalist
AVP2 was great! D:
walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts
I'm really excited for Colonial Marines. I love Alien and its Movies. :D
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

The_Capitalist
AvP 2010 wasn't bad, but AvP 2000 was much better. Grab it on Steam.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
It not, some of the design choices left me scratching my head. Playing as an Alien, why didn't it cross the developers mind that it would have been better to play it in third person and not first person.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

It not, some of the design choices left me scratching my head. Playing as an Alien, why didn't it cross the developers mind that it would have been better to play it in third person and not first person. Led_poison

The first two games were in first person for the alien gameplay.. worked perfectly fine.

The overall design of the Aliens is a bit odd, being that they have biped legs while being mostly quadrupeds, so the animations look sorta off when they're not standing... Then when they do stand, they look extremely top heavy, with their slim bodies and huge long head.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
the alien parts are really fun but playing as a human or predator makes more sense. Guns FTW
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

I had a ton of fun with the newest one. I also beat AvP2 about 10 times but yea, its quite dated now.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

[QUOTE="Led_poison"]It not, some of the design choices left me scratching my head. Playing as an Alien, why didn't it cross the developers mind that it would have been better to play it in third person and not first person. Inconsistancy

The first two games were in first person for the alien gameplay.. worked perfectly fine.

The overall design of the Aliens is a bit odd, being that they have biped legs while being mostly quadrupeds, so the animations look sorta off when they're not standing... Then when they do stand, they look extremely top heavy, with their slim bodies and huge long head.

Regardless of the first 2 games, They would have been better off with the 3rd person view. Going from wall to wall at a really fast speed just seems to cause headaches. Also the third person view would really benefit playing as aliens as now you have a greater sense of your surroundings.

I am sure the animators could think of something.

luc11044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 luc11044
Member since 2004 • 4606 Posts

Well, bluntly stated, I disagree...this game was awful. Bad graphics, bad multiplayer....the sound effects were great but that's it.

It's hard to believe that my favorite Aliens game is still the one that was released on Atari Jaguar...now that was an awesome Aliens game.

Cheers,

General Luc

reynal1287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 reynal1287
Member since 2009 • 378 Posts

Just a bit underrated.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Playing as a marine was pretty fun while playing as a predator was bad *** except the clunky jump they had.

Very underrated game.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts
I liked it a lot, was a lot of fun and the graphics were great on computer. There was some jank to the game though that could have used some ironing out.
agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

It was average, the 5/10's were justified.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

The game sucked so damn bad :lol: Underrated? Yea right!! 4-5/10 is perfect for this pile of **** The game is clunky, terrible shooting, terrible SP, horrible MP. Yea underrated my ass.

RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts

I bought the pc version and like it a lot. The graphics look incredibly good in the first few Marine levels. The rest of the game's graphics are nothing to write home about, but the motion blur is very well done, and the framerate never dropped below 60 (maxed out). No, it's not as good as the earlier AvP games, but it's a hundred times better than those two crappy movies.

AvP made me realize that I have missed out on some good games this gen. I REALLY need to start playing more games that don't score 8.5 or higher.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

I tend to agree. That game in my books is an 8 Was playing on hardest difficulty and the game is quite challenging. Let alone it last longer than most single player fps games nowdays and playing as 3 different distinct characters give the game nice variety. The only real downside was level repetition but other than that cant think any major letdowns

Also i dont know why critics where so harsh maybe because the played it on consoles :P. The game on PC really shines. Amazing graphics with dx11 turned on and everything on Max ( and that with just a gtx460 ) and great controls

Though AvP2 still better game

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I think it had a few flaws such as being real short,graphics while nice could have been better and the ranked MP matchmaking was just broken. Besides those flaws though I highly enjoyed it. Would score it around a 7.5. I dont agree with GS at all on this one at all.

ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts
I liked it, but if it didn't have xenomorphs I propably wouldn't have, adding aliens in any game would instantly make it better in my eyes. Aside from the alien theme it's mediocre in every way.