Alan Wake looks better then CRYSIS CONFIRMED, WAR OVER, DOMINATION, blabla etc.

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts

I had to edit the title with System Wars key words (confirmed, console war over etc.) so people would enter, anyway this thread is for people who dont know about Alan Wake.

I'll be editing this later with gif's and stuff so it can appeal to people who dont want to wait for videos or whatever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_wake

^Read everything there and look at these videos/screenshots:

Gameplay Footage:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CLEBOn9K5Nk&feature=related

Same video as above^ but from crowd angle showing big screen:

Part1 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=juVUm-8GxeU
Part 2 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=DetnKgOxrSI

Official Trailers/Screenshots:

http://www.alanwake.com/movies.html
http://www.alanwake.com/screenshots.html

Max Payne 2 is in my top 3 favorite games of all time. The entire premise of this sounds like i might enjoy it more then MGS4 which is my favorite game of all time right now.

This will be epic, i guarentee it, i also predict it will dethrone Crysis as graphics king, the water by the dam is photo-realistic.

BTW for PS3-only users, Heavy Rain is a similar psychological thriller, although with much less info released right now. It's being developed by the people who made Indigo Prophecy, and it'll be very interesting to see it go head to head with Alan Wake, but i'm personally anticipating Alan Wake more.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
hmmm. With the long dev time and this being on both PC abd 360. I am 50/50 on wether or not ALan Wake can beat out Crysis.

The yes part thinks the major focus is on the PC version, while a seperate team inside the studio is working on the 360 version. 360 version should look amazing, but PCs version could be............well words just can't describe it

The No part says Bioshock. Awesome game. Looks fantastic and looks even better on PC. But not OMG better on PC.
stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts

I remember a tech demo for this game,its supposed to be the first game to take full advantage of all 4 coures on a quad-core. e.g 1 core for a.i,one for physics etc Should be interesting

My Q6600 will finally get a proper workout. :P

DragonFlyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DragonFlyJ
Member since 2008 • 658 Posts
Alan Wake will be one of the top blunders of this Gen. Lair being number one.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
lulz at the Topic title change.
gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gtawoof

Alan Wake will be one of the top blunders of this Gen. Lair being number one.DragonFlyJ

Absolutely not, Remedy delivers, this game will be incredible.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Alan Wake will be one of the top blunders of this Gen. Lair being number one.DragonFlyJ
yeah no

Remedy doesn't suck

Factor 5 just rehashes rogue squadron so many times people didn't get that they suck.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

I have seen plenty of Alan Wake videos and images; whether or not you think it looks better is down to preference, some people think cell shading is better than traditional for instance, but Crysis is still the most graphically advanced game available. We are talking about a game that is designed to run on 2 year old console hardware Vs one designed for hardware developed post console release. The performance and resources just isn't there to develop a more advanced looking title than Crysis in a cross platform game, that is unless you believe in console fairies that make hardware more powerful on your platform of preference.

You're hyped so I'm taking that into account, but still you shouldn't make such in your face claims when simple comparisons show a dramatic difference in visual detail.

bstarter29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 bstarter29
Member since 2006 • 2339 Posts

Lawl. Not even close.

zepman71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zepman71
Member since 2005 • 4120 Posts

I am eagerly anticipating this game - I am also a huge fan of the Max Payne series. I wonder how the 360 version will stack up to the PC version - it will probably be the only one I'll be able to play, unless I get a major PC upgrade by the time its out

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

If Alan Wake flops it will be because they gave their sponsors way too much control over the game.

Intel wants to turn the game into a justification for quad core while Microsoft used their publishing position to force it as a Vista only title. I see it not doing well on PC; not because of the platform, but because Microsoft didn't get a clue from their past attempts to create artificial exclusives to promote Vista.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

As much as I hate to side with the hermits...not only does AW NOT look better than Crysis (not even close), but there is no possible way AW is going to meet the herculean hype hermits have burdened it with.

I mean, come on people, those pics look good, but they look like what we've seen long ago with games like Mafia. When did that come out? ANd look at the trees in the pics that show actual gameplay...and lemmings thought the background in GT4 were flat and carboard cut-outs. Crysis had lush, well made scenery. Not 2-d cutouts.

And I would also appreciate it if people stopped making new threads to post pics that we've been seeing for a year now, and acting like they are a stunning development in the game. We've seen those pics LONG ago.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

old old old stuff.

And its all tech demos the game is almost vapourware considering there has been no mention of it for such a long time.

Lastly, hell no it looks knowhere as good as Crysis. Still looks great tho.

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
The PC version will obliterate the xbox360 version when it comes to graphics,but the 360 version will obliterate anything on ps3.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I am under the belief that Alan Wake is vaporware until I see it on the shelf. Which sucks, because I loved Max Payne.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

but there is no possible way AW is going to meet the herculean hype hermits have burdened it with.

ZIMdoom

hype? there is no hype.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

old old old stuff.

And its all tech demos the game is almost vapourware considering there has been no mention of it for such a long time.

skrat_01

I think that will all change during E3, hopefully.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I am under the belief that Alan Wake is vaporware until I see it on the shelf. Which sucks, because I loved Max Payne.SpruceCaboose
It's just that Remedy has a long development time span with their games. It was like that when they were developing the original Max Payne.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]I am under the belief that Alan Wake is vaporware until I see it on the shelf. Which sucks, because I loved Max Payne.mo0ksi
It's just that Remedy has a long development time span with their games. It was like that when they were developing the original Max Payne.

Don't doubt that, but it is easier for me to forget about the game than to keep believing that it is right around the corner from release.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Alan Wake will be the better game.
Truth-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Truth-slayer
Member since 2004 • 2510 Posts
To bad the game is vaporware.
MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MojondeVACA
To bad the game is vaporware.Truth-slayer

Confirmed by who?,you?
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts

The PC version will obliterate the xbox360 version when it comes to graphics,but the 360 version will obliterate anything on ps3.MojondeVACA

Confirmed by who? you?

:lol:

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 jknight5422
Member since 2003 • 1992 Posts
This is so funny. It seems like every week or two, somebody will create an Alan Wake thread. Why don't we wait for actual news of something pertaining to Alan Wake rather than continue to beat a dead horse?
MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MojondeVACA

[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"]The PC version will obliterate the xbox360 version when it comes to graphics,but the 360 version will obliterate anything on ps3.RotaryRX7

Confirmed by who? you?

Right now there's nothing on ps3 or xbox360 that looks as good as Alan Wake tech demo.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

Right now there's nothing on ps3 or xbox360 that looks as good as Alan Wake tech demo.
MojondeVACA

what platform was this tech demo debuted on?

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"]The PC version will obliterate the xbox360 version when it comes to graphics,but the 360 version will obliterate anything on ps3.MojondeVACA

Confirmed by who? you?

Logic says: We should wait until the game is released, that way, if any downgrades happen, or if the gameplay is meh...it won't make you look so fanboyish ;)

I'm just trying to help you out since you're so pro-360. Kinda like Ghost. When you get to that point, you start self-ownage. See my sig for details.

Alan Wake definitely looks cool, but I'm going to use the special words of "just wait" until it's gold and ready for release. If it's still amazing then, have at it...but right now, just as with Killzone 2, we don't know enough to start saying such bold comments as yours. :)

DrCortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DrCortex
Member since 2008 • 185 Posts

Better than Crysis :lol:

Alan Wake

Look under the hood :lol:

Look at the trees :lol:

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MojondeVACA

[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"]
Hewkii

what platform was this tech demo debuted on?

PC ofcourse..for some reason i said in my previous post that the pc version will oblitarate the x360 version.
HermitFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HermitFTW
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts
[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"]The PC version will obliterate the xbox360 version when it comes to graphics,but the 360 version will obliterate anything on ps3.MojondeVACA

Confirmed by who? you?

rofl... wow just wow.... you do realise Alan wake was running on one of the most powerful comps in the world custom made by intel.... it will not look ANYthing close to the PC version on the 360, so you fail...also Alan wake dosnt look as good as crysis, and definitely not crysis warhead... so dont bash on the PS3, and dont say that a crappy xbox 360 can match PC or come close.

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 jknight5422
Member since 2003 • 1992 Posts

rofl... wow just wow.... you do realise Alan wake was running on one of the most powerful comps in the world custom made by intel.... it will not look ANYthing close to the PC version on the 360, so you fail...also Alan wake dosnt look as good as crysis, and definitely not crysis warhead... so dont bash on the PS3, and dont say that a crappy xbox 360 can match PC or come close.

HermitFTW

If I have to pay for a $300-$400 video card in order to play Alan Wake, then I'll just play the "lesser" version on the 360 & be happy about that.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 skrat_01
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

old old old stuff.

xscrapzx

I think that will all change during E3, hopefully.

Yeah rumor has it, it will be at E3
d_40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 d_40
Member since 2005 • 966 Posts

dude this is being developed by the duded that brought slow mo to video games

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MojondeVACA
[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"][QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"]The PC version will obliterate the xbox360 version when it comes to graphics,but the 360 version will obliterate anything on ps3.HermitFTW

Confirmed by who? you?

And when i said that the xbox360 version will look just as good as the PC version? you need to stop bandodging PainBallz.
HermitFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HermitFTW
[QUOTE="HermitFTW"]

jknight5422

If I have to pay for a $300-$400 video card in order to play Alan Wake, then I'll just play the "lesser" version on the 360 & be happy about that.

and get somehting that wont look as good, also a $700 PC ran the crysis warhead demo and that looks better than crysis on very high lol you fail
HermitFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HermitFTW
[QUOTE="HermitFTW"]

jknight5422

and get somehting that wont look as good, also a $700 PC ran the crysis warhead demo and that looks better than crysis on very high lol you fail
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

I don't believe that. I have a lot more trust in the Remedy team than the Factor 5 team. It may not get AAA as everyone hypes it... I think that it has AAA potential but that's impossible to determine at this point, without having seen any actual gameplay. But I really can't see them making any game that is less than AA material. Even if the graphics don't live up to the hype, the gameplay probably will.

slickchris7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 slickchris7777
Member since 2005 • 1610 Posts
[QUOTE="HermitFTW"]

jknight5422

Good, give the devs your money so they can continue to make superior versions for PC.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 skrat_01
[QUOTE="HermitFTW"]

jknight5422

You could pay peanuts for a video card to play it at the quality of the 'lesser version' instead.
primetime2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 primetime2121
Member since 2004 • 3953 Posts

I have seen plenty of Alan Wake videos and images; whether or not you think it looks better is down to preference, some people think cell shading is better than traditional for instance, but Crysis is still the most graphically advanced game available. We are talking about a game that is designed to run on 2 year old console hardware Vs one designed for hardware developed post console release. The performance and resources just isn't there to develop a more advanced looking title than Crysis in a cross platform game, that is unless you believe in console fairies that make hardware more powerful on your platform of preference.

You're hyped so I'm taking that into account, but still you shouldn't make such in your face claims when simple comparisons show a dramatic difference in visual detail.

AnnoyedDragon

dude..whatever..Alan Wake destroys Crysis in the physics department...did you see that video of that tornado ripping up houses in Alan Wake ?? Crysis has nothing like that

HermitFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HermitFTW
[QUOTE="HermitFTW"][QUOTE="MojondeVACA"][QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

Confirmed by who? you?

And when i said that the xbox360 version will look just as good as the PC version? you need to stop bandodging PainBallz.

who? AHAH "the xbox360 version when it comes to graphics,but the 360 version will obliterate anything on ps3." HMMM sooo 1st of all alan wake dosnt look that good to start runnign on a supercomputer, then u think the 360 version will own everything on the PS3, you clearly needa look into other games, ill name one PS3 game that would destroy the 360 in graphics "WARDEVIL" one of the best console games ive seen 1080p @60FPS, high res textures, looking amazing, maybe the best consolites will get
primetime2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 primetime2121

Alan Wake

DrCortex

ALan Wake has real time weather and time change (night day) and better physics than Crysis and possibly better destructible enviornments as well

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MojondeVACA
[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"][QUOTE="HermitFTW"][QUOTE="MojondeVACA"][QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"]The PC version will obliterate the xbox360 version when it comes to graphics,but the 360 version will obliterate anything on ps3.HermitFTW

Confirmed by who? you?

who? AHAH "the xbox360 version when it comes to graphics,but the 360 version will obliterate anything on ps3." HMMM sooo 1st of all alan wake dosnt look that good to start runnign on a supercomputer, then u think the 360 version will own everything on the PS3, you clearly needa look into other games, ill name one PS3 gaem that would destroy the 360 in graphics "WARDEVIL" once of the best console games ive seen 1080p @60FPS, high res textures, looking amazing, maybe the best consolites will get

1080P? haha at beyond3d is be confirmed already that most of the wardevil screens are bullshots,not even native 1080p the game is using the same trick as GT5 1280x1080.
HermitFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HermitFTW
[QUOTE="DrCortex"]

primetime2121

ALan Wake has real time weather and time change (night day) and better physics than Crysis and possibly better destructible enviornments as well

ZOMG night to day ROFL, OoT on N64 had night to day, and crysis has some pretty amazing physics so i doubt alan wake would be better
gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gtawoof

Alan Wake

DrCortex

Watch the videos naow, everything in the gameplay video looks better then Crysis imo.

HermitFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HermitFTW
[QUOTE="HermitFTW"][QUOTE="MojondeVACA"][QUOTE="HermitFTW"][QUOTE="MojondeVACA"][QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

Confirmed by who? you?

who? AHAH "the xbox360 version when it comes to graphics,but the 360 version will obliterate anything on ps3." HMMM sooo 1st of all alan wake dosnt look that good to start runnign on a supercomputer, then u think the 360 version will own everything on the PS3, you clearly needa look into other games, ill name one PS3 gaem that would destroy the 360 in graphics "WARDEVIL" once of the best console games ive seen 1080p @60FPS, high res textures, looking amazing, maybe the best consolites will get

1080P? haha at beyond3d is be confirmed already that most of the wardevil screens are bullshots,not even native 1080p the game is using the same trick as GT5 1280x1080.

lol w/e i could care less still looks like one of the best console games but etherway PC wins
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
yeah I have been waiting for this for sooooooo long! I really can't wait for Alan Wake! D:
primetime2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 primetime2121
[QUOTE="primetime2121"][QUOTE="DrCortex"]

HermitFTW

ZOMG night to day ROFL, OoT on N64 had night to day, and crysis has some pretty amazing physics so i doubt alan wake would be better

watch the videos on youtube...that is alot better than Crysis and it is real time gameplay as well..

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
old news