After SFV , MS WILL secure TR exclusivity for good [updated]

• 0 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

This is no brainer, after Sony won that kind of a huge exclusive, MS needs to counter that by any means neccessary, I am expecting the new to drop soon. MS will definitely secure the exclusive right to the next Tomb Raider permenantly.

So what are you getting SFV or TR? Is it worth the trade for a single console owners?

Update: It happened guys, seems you need to take a side rightnow :D

http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/09/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-one-xbox-360-2/

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

are u related to salt & fries? because he believes big corporations go tit for tat over stupid shit too

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Not gonna happen... But you have every right to Speculate.... Carry on...

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Look at the genres. One is a bigger horse to have in the stable than the other.

Tomb Raider for the win.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

I am actually excited. This mixes things up a bit.

I know everyone will say this stuff is bad but MS needs to give people a reason to buy their machines and now we have a new SW debate we can create because of Sony and MS shenanigans. EXCELLENT.

I am actually rooting for MS to do this, Sony making MS get of their ass and work. I love it. Either MS are going to have to secure all big name 3rd party games or start creating better and more compelling xbox exclusives.

Either way it will make Sony reverse more competitive and engineer now moves to out do MS like they did with SFV lol and we then we have a good ol fashion company "who has the best damn games" war again. This is good for gaming.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

so TR exclusive for Xbone & PC ...so PC still wins? :P ..doubt it..but if it happens should make it interesting. :P

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#7 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

TR is a franchise that always sold better on PS. Rise of the Tomb Raider will be on PS4 eventually and maybe even PS3.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

Nah, they won't. It'll be timed.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Funny how hermits don't have to worry about a damn thing..... Lucky bastards !

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kinectthedots

@superbuuman said:

so TR exclusive for Xbone & PC ...so PC still wins? :P ..doubt it..but if it happens should make it interesting. :P

lol, it's already going to be multiplat on 360 upon release. It's not even a full current gen game as it is still going to be a cross-gen multiplat just like TR:DE.

Honestly it's a step below any high profile 2015 PS4 game out the gate for just that reason alone but it's something. Then again, speaking of a PC version, I also wouldn't expect much out of it because of that cross-gen development origin.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Neither of these will be exclusives for good, but TR is way more better deal than SF. It seems Sony can only afford the scraps these days, they play in the indie and niche markets.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#12 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

As long as I can play both on PC, I don't care but it sucks to make multiplats, exclusive.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

SFV comes on PC but TR not. So Microsoft won

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak
@FreedomFreeLife said:

Tomb Raider also releases on Xbox360.

Both are multiplats.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kinectthedots

@Scipio8 said:

Neither of these will be exclusives for good, but TR is way more better deal than SF. It seems Sony can only afford the scraps these days, they play in the indie and niche markets.

lol, it's scary how out of touch you are. "Scraps"? LMAO do you realize that This new TR is just a cross-gen multiplat? the game going to on the 360 upon release lol smh.

Such delusion, I guess that is what it takes to be an xbot. You really need a reality check bud.

Cross-gen (also avalible on 360) TR will be competing with UC4 exclusive for sales and SFV is a totally ground up current gen creation. Good luck with that!

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Both are multiplats.

People are not playing on Xbox 360 or PS3 dumb. 95% PS3 owners owned on PS3 and bought PS4 but does not own Microsoft console.

TR is microsoft exclusive, SFV is multiplatform game. So play Tomb Raider you need to buy Xbox, but to play SFV you don´t need any console to play this game.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freedomfreak
@FreedomFreeLife said:

People are not playing on Xbox 360 or PS3 dumb. 95% PS3 owners owned on PS3 and bought PS4 but does not own Microsoft console.

TR is microsoft exclusive, SFV is multiplatform game. So play Tomb Raider you need to buy Xbox, but to play SFV you don´t need any console to play this game.

To play Tomb Raider you need to have a 360 or X1.

It's a multiplat. People don't need to have an Xbox One to play TR, much like people don't need a Ps4 to play SF5.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cloud_imperium
@FreedomFreeLife said:

Tomb Raider will be on PC and will support Mantle. Check out AMD's listing of games that are going to support Mantle on PC and Rise of Tomb Raider is listed there. It is timed exclusive, so they won't announce a PC version until the game is out for the Xbox One, to compete against Uncharted 4. Don't know whether it'll be on PS4 or not but PC version is guaranteed.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

For that to happen, they'd have to buy the entire rights to the Tomb Raider franchise. I don't see that hapenning.

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Funny how hermits don't have to worry about a damn thing..... Lucky bastards !

It's great isn't it?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kinectthedots

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@freedomfreak said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Both are multiplats.

I hear 360's are pretty cheap these days. TR isn't online and we all know 360 and XB1 only have a fraction of difference graphically. Your argument about being a "multiplatfrom game" will hurt XB1 much more than it will PS4 for sales is that area I am sorry to break it to you.

Also PS4 and xboxone have sold about 15 mil and 10 mil respectivly. Xbox 360 and PS3 have both sold over 80 mil...out of touch lem is out of touch lol.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

Eidos will likely wait and see how much TR2 sells first before they even consider accepting MS's money for publishing rights.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22864 Posts

Not seeing that happen at all... Not that Microsoft wouldn't want the franchise per say, but if it's indeed controlled by EA it will go full multiplat... Same as SFV at some point.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#23 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

Tomb Raider will be on PC and will support Mantle. Check out AMD's listing of games that are going to support Mantle on PC and Rise of Tomb Raider is listed there. It is timed exclusive, so they won't announce a PC version until the game is out for the Xbox One, to compete against Uncharted 4. Don't know whether it'll be on PS4 or not but PC version is guaranteed.

Nice find @Cloud_imperium.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@remiks00 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

Nice find @Cloud_imperium.

Thanks but credit goes to Neogaf and Dsogaming. Good thing is Nixxes is developing it. They are great at coding the game for PC.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@2mrw said:

This is no brainer, after Sony won that kind of a huge exclusive, MS needs to counter that by any means neccessary, I am expecting the new to drop soon. MS will definitely secure the exclusive right to the next Tomb Raider permenantly.

So what are you getting SFV or TR? Is it worth the trade for a single console owners?

That deal is ink already i am sure it benefit more the developer how it is now that letting the game sit exclusively on xbox one,after all Titanfall didn't sell that great and Sunset Over drive flopped sales wise,remember the PS4 has a way bigger used base so securing exclusive it is going to be tough for MS.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

How 95% of the PS3 owner could have bough a PS4 when the PS4 is like 16 million units and the PS3 at like 84 million.?

TR is a multiplatform deal with it..hahaha and will be on PS4 to get a good chair so you can wait for SF5 on xbox one...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44214 Posts

Same with Fallout 4, MS buying Beth and their IP's is a no brainer. :P

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

The real question is, do you want Microsoft purchasing full exclusivity on a game like Tomb Raider? You have to weigh in the factor that PS4 has a much larger install base than the XBone and Eidos/SE will leverage those potential sales when negotiating exclusivity.

For what Eidos/SE would ask for exclusivity on Tomb Raider, MS could likely fund another first party game. Then again, I guess if you cared about strong first party you wouldn't buy an XBone in the first place. My bad.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FoxbatAlpha

@SecretPolice said:

Same with Fallout 3 since MS will announce soon they bought Beth and their IP's but ya didn't hear it from me. :P

Could you imagine the "Fallout" that would follow that? Every forum would be shut down for days, PSN would explode from sitting too close to the fire, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!!!

It might be the single greatest piece of news to ever come down Megaton Road.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I don't believe big corporations think that way !!

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Well if that were the case then Xbox One would get the really short end of the stick there. Street Fighter is the kind of deep and rewarding franchise that you can sink many hundreds of hours into. Tomb raider is one of those cinematic one and done type games that you might remember for a year and not really think about it again.

If you didn't catch it already, I'm much more of a Street Fighter guy and am really happy I just got a PS4 because of that recent announcement.

In all honesty though, these exclusive deals are beginning to scare me. I'd hate for a game I love to get lost to a system I didn't have..

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44214 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha:

Damn you quoted that fast, I deleted since I said FO3 when I meant FO4 and yeah, lol at the Ghostbusters reference; dogs & cats living together etc. good stuff. :P

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

I don't think they would just purchase exclusivity for a game like Tomb Raider that quickly. Such deals take time.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Gotta keep holding on to hope, huh? Oh no, Tomb Raider fans will have to get it on 360. How terrible.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Tomb Raider for the win.

Street Fighter sells more and is more relevant than Tomb Raider.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@kinectthedots: just like SFV is already a multiplat? Btw how's your Titanfall and its sequel coming along?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FoxbatAlpha

If Microsoft can purchase a studio and game (Minecraft) for over $2 billion dollars then surely they are serious about spending a few measly million on securing some big titles to be exclusive.

The truth hurts but Jack Tretton said so himself that Sony is going to need money to compete with Microsoft. At the 2:02 mark.

Loading Video...

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@ghostwarrior786: because big console corporations have never fought for neither customers nor market share before, and if SFV deal is such a stupid shit, then why are you and your Bovine brigade so deeply engaged in swift swallowing of Sony's dong?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FoxbatAlpha

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Gotta keep holding on to hope, huh? Oh no, Tomb Raider fans will have to get it on 360. How terrible.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Tomb Raider for the win.

Street Fighter sells more and is more relevant than Tomb Raider.

That is because the last Tomb Raiders sucked. Fighting games are like racers, not everyones cup 'o tea. If Tomb Raider is done right more people will flock to breasts, dual wielding pistols.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Salt_The_Fries

Fighting games are best sellers, they swallow COD, Halo and Uncharted for breakfast in sales...Oh wait.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

With multiplats and PS4 doing better in general, it will probably be an easier sell for Sony to pick up these deals (and make them permanent) then it will be for MS.

It just doesn't make sense if you have the console that only has 30% platform market share of a said game, to try and "buy" the other 70%. Not all of those 70% are going to buy the game even if you make it permanent exclusive. Probably not even close. All the Tomb Raider deal does is likely reduce the sales of the game by half - possibly less than half. Someone is going to lose depending on the amount MS paid to Square/Crystal Dynamics. Street Fighter is a bit different, since that game was probably heavily leaning towards Playstation naturally (i..e it was probably shaping up to be 70/30 share in instead of 30/70). However at the end of the day, Sony likely had to pay some amount to "buy" the sales that would have been on MS platform. I don't think these deals are sustainable at all, unless Sony or MS step up to the plate and actually buy the franchises or IP's for the long term. Buying out 1 platforms sales to keep it off that platform is a joke, and a foolish strategy.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#41 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It is questionable why Street Fighter V isn't coming to Xbox. But I doubt Sony has anything to do with it.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

If Microsoft can purchase a studio and game (Minecraft) for over $2 billion dollars then surely they are serious about spending a few measly million on securing some big titles to be exclusive.

The truth hurts but Jack Tretton said so himself that Sony is going to need money to compete with Microsoft. At the 2:02 mark.

So why haven't they done anything in the last year? E3, Gamescom and TGS should have been stuffed with megatons. MS may as well have not showed up to the first two.

The same people are doing the sequel, so enjoy more guff people didn't like the first time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#43 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

No, it won't.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I'll eventually own both a ps4 and xbox one and buy them both.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@ghostwarrior786: because big console corporations have never fought for neither customers nor market share before, and if SFV deal is such a stupid shit, then why are you and your Bovine brigade so deeply engaged in swift swallowing of Sony's dong?

yes because fighting for market share = throwing a tantrum lmao deals are only made if they make BUSINESS sense not some bullshit like bu-bu sony just done this so we must respond haha and is ur new favourite word 'dong'? seem to be using it a lot

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

As long as they still make to the PC, then I'll be fine.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Great, MS has just announced they will be publishing the game !!!

http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/09/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-one-xbox-360-2/

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

But Sony didn't win an exclusive...the better version will be on the PC lol

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

It's already a mulitplat being on 360.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

As long as it gets released on PC, don't care if it doesn't come to PS4.