After playing Crysis, how can anyone be impressed with another game(graphically)

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Meltedweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Meltedweasel
Member since 2009 • 489 Posts
? KZ2 didn't impress me, nothing really impresses me. It's like I'm expecting games to look as good as Crysis from now on. I thought that Crysis would be the new standard, but no other company comes close. I even think that games next gen(at first) won't look as good. I'm disappointed that games like U2 or KZ2 are getting the hype for its graphics, but then again I have to assume the hype is just coming from people who haven't experience Crysis on max setting. Come on guys, don't lower your standards like that, you know U2 doesn't look that good. Enough with the bullshots I say.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
Good art direction, for one.
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts

Uncharted 2 impresses me because it's running on a PLAYSTATION 3. And IMO it does look that good.

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

Play Uncharted 2. ;)

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I've played Crysis on just abotu every setting, with tons of user-made tweaks. I found it quite easy to be impressed with Uncharted 2.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
errr, there are even DS games that impresses me for art direction...:?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61525 Posts
Other games still impress me. Whilst Crysis is fantastic looking, there are other good looking games out there (though nowhere near the same level).
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

? KZ2 didn't impress me, nothing really impresses me. It's like I'm expecting games to look as good as Crysis from now on. I thought that Crysis would be the new standard, but no other company comes close. I even think that games next gen(at first) won't look as good. I'm disappointed that games like U2 or KZ2 are getting the hype for its graphics, but then again I have to assume the hype is just coming from people who haven't experience Crysis on max setting. Come on guys, don't lower your standards like that, you know U2 doesn't look that good. Enough with the bullshots I say.Meltedweasel

if your looking at the consoles you may as well give up. no console game will ever even come close to crysis graphically this gen. its an impossibility. the closest will be crysis 2 and judging by the tech demos it doesnt even touch it.

its coming from ps3 users who were promised a super computer that would perform as well as a gaming rig which was the justification for the price at launch.

nothing will top crysis this gen at least not on the consoles and even on the pc it looks slim. thats a fact.

so in reality all those graphics debates are pointless. just enjoy the games.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

yes UC2 does look amazing even if you play crysis fully maxed out, ive only played crysis demo,i was gonna get the gamebut my laptop can only run that game with decent frame rate on medium settings and on medium crysis looks absolutely disgusting. i did try the demo on 1080p resolution and everything maxed out, ofcourse the game only ran at 6FPS but i could get an idea of how the the game looks maxed out. well it was pretty disapointing coz it didnt really look as good as hermits hype it.

Meltedweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Meltedweasel

yes UC2 does look amazing even if you play crysis fully maxed out, ive only played crysis demo,i was gonna get the gamebut my laptop can only run that game with decent frame rate on medium settings and on medium crysis looks absolutely disgusting. i did try the demo on 1080p resolution and everything maxed out, ofcourse the game only ran at 6FPS but i could get an idea of how the the game looks maxed out. well it was pretty disapointing coz it didnt really look as good as hermits hype it.

sikanderahmed
Spoken like a true fanboy. Crysis even on medium looks better than Uncharted 2. Also to the other people. What is so great about the art direction for Uncharted? It's a jungle, it doesn't even have its own style. It's trying to look realistic.
Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
I never played crysis cuz my PC uses X850pro from ATI graphics card and i can't go far with that lol i am sure there is a lot of people with **** computers as my self on this forum.
ajames_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ajames_123
Member since 2004 • 2983 Posts

Ive completed Crysis and Warhead and i was very impressed by Uncharted 2 which i finished last nite.

Theres a chapter towards the end as your climbing some long steps there is rain, wind, lightning and thunder, i just stopped, was amazing and blew me away.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Crysis lacked a lot of fine details that Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 had. That is the advantage of having linear levels.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sikanderahmed

[QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

Meltedweasel

Spoken like a true fanboy. Crysis even on medium looks better than Uncharted 2. Also to the other people. What is so great about the art direction for Uncharted? It's a jungle, it doesn't even have its own style. It's trying to look realistic.

yup and im the fanboy :roll: sorry but crysis looks pathetic on medium

12345678ew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 12345678ew
Member since 2008 • 2353 Posts

cryengine 3 for ps3 that's how.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 washd123

Crysis lacked a lot of fine details that Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 had. That is the advantage of having linear levels.

Wasdie

what details?

Melkari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Melkari
Member since 2004 • 595 Posts

I've played through Crysis on very high settings many times, and it's still just an incredible looking game each time. However, that doesn't mean that the quality and attention to minute details in Uncharted 2 aren't impressive. It's not technically better than Crysis, but there are elements to the details that were at times on the same level as Crysis. Crysis is of course still more impressive considering the amount of detail in such a large scale, but Uncharted 2 is undoubtedly among the top five best looking games I've played, which in itself is impressive considering the other tops like Crysis and STALKER are PC games while UC2's a PS3 game.

Dismissing something because it's not the absolute 100% best is utterly ridiculous.

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
I cant run Crysis. Im not going to upgrade my machine for one game, I remember how great I thought Far Cry looked. I am expecting a similar experience.
Meltedweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Meltedweasel

[QUOTE="Meltedweasel"][QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

sikanderahmed

Lmao no need to make such a harsh exaggeration just because you're jealous.
Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts
Went through the same thing. However Killzone 2 blew me away, Gears 2 while technically probably even better, just didnt have the same effect.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
KZ2 impressed the hell out of me, and I've played Crysis.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Giancar

Wasdie
1st Harlock and now you being a mod :shock:
Meltedweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Meltedweasel

cryengine 3 for ps3 that's how.

12345678ew
What does that even mean? A dumbed down engine for consoles is impressive? Ok.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#24 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

Because i've been playing games since they were 16 bit and so i think all graphics this gen are pretty impressive really... Its much more enjoyable being impressed by things as opposed to saying everything looks crap compared to crysis. Also TC what is with that bullshots comment? you are trying to discredit what UC2 looks like by calling all screen shots bullshots? Why not play the game instead of being a damn fanboy.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
FeedOnATreeFrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FeedOnATreeFrog
Member since 2009 • 792 Posts

after seeing movies and real life, how can people be visually stimulated through games?

I always wondered, when people say they are 'impressed', do they mean like 'surprised that a computer of those specs can produce such visuals'? or do they mean they are enjoying what they are looking at?

Meltedweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Meltedweasel

after seeing movies and real life, how can people be visually stimulated through games?

I always wondered, when people say they are 'impressed', do they mean like 'surprised that a computer of those specs can produce such visuals'? or do they mean they are enjoying what they are looking at?

FeedOnATreeFrog
What a terrible analogy. You're comparing real life to games while I'm comparing games to games.
ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

[QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

Meltedweasel

the urban warfare level i just started says u fail in your jungle assumption.best looking game period

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

[QUOTE="Meltedweasel"][QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

sikanderahmed

Crysis on Medium :  U2:

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Well, i was and still am very impressed with HL2 Ep:2. I actually think that, after Crysis, Ep:2 looks the best and it honestly looks almost as good as Crysis.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Shattered007
They are starting to let cows become mods? I think I'm done with SW posting then...Either why, I think you need to elaborate that statment.

Wasdie is a cow now?
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

Well, i was and still am very impressed with HL2 Ep:2. I actually think that, after Crysis, Ep:2 looks the best and it honestly looks almost as good as Crysis.

hoola
^^ I still think HL2 and its Ep's are the best looking games this gen (and with cinematic mod 10 it looks even better :)). Along with the Wii's top graphical games.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Giancar
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Shattered007
They are starting to let cows become mods? I think I'm done with SW posting then...Either why, I think you need to elaborate that statment.

if ANYTHING he is a PC fan (not fanboy), you know? :?
LookAnDrolL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LookAnDrolL
Member since 2008 • 2483 Posts
RE5 for PC has nice looking textures, the game is sharp.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#37 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts

Wasdie

You can't be serious, Wasdie. Crysis & Crysis Warhead go above and beyond in terms of details. Hell, even games like World in Conflict, Clear Sky, and Empire Total War have plenty of fine details that blow console games out of the water. :|

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sikanderahmed

*Pics*

Silenthps

congrats you chose the worst looking level in UC2 (and btw the game still looks better then that screen) and no crysis does not look like that on medium, not on my laptop

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Uncharted 2 looks better than Crysis, but Crysis looks more realistic.

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Stevo_the_gamer

You can't be serious, Wasdie. Crysis & Crysis Warhead go above and beyond in terms of details. Hell, even games like World in Conflict, Clear Sky, and Empire Total War have plenty of fine details that blow console games out of the water. :|

Have you played uncharted 2?
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Brutal Legend has impressed me lately, perfectly simple graphical style, and the environments and character designs are about 10 times better than most games can hope to achieve, it's world is crafted to perfection.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#42 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts

WiiMan21
So Uncharted 2 has a better artstyle, but Crysis is technically superior?
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts

You simply can't be.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

[QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

Stevo_the_gamer

No Crysis is more realistic in terms of physics.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Yes, I was impressed by Crysis Warhead, Empire: Total War, Mirror's Edge, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Anno 1404: Dawn of Discovery and S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky (even with it's bad human models). ;)

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts

Crysis is overblown, in my opinion. Sure the graphics are technically great and look more realistic than anything out there, but realism doesn't give a game good art direction. Crysis looks kind of boring, and I've never seen it run smoothly, even Warhead on a really, really good rig. Sure some people are experiencing the game as it's meant to look, but I guarantee most can't even run it.

I prefer STALKER for PC game graphics.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 washd123

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

WiiMan21

No Crysis is more realistic in terms of physics.

i thought we were talking about graphics?

and theres no such thing as a better artstyle

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 washd123

Crysis is overblown, in my opinion. Sure the graphics are technically great and look more realistic than anything out there, but realism doesn't give a game good art direction. Crysis looks kind of boring, and I've never seen it run smoothly, even Warhead on a really, really good rig. Sure some people are experiencing the game as it's meant to look, but I guarantee most can't even run it.

I prefer STALKER for PC game graphics.

Hahadouken

most gamers can.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
As a PC gamer, let me be the first to say that GTA 4 looks better than Crysis. After hundreds of hours on the SP, the game still leaves in awe visually, especially at night, during a thunderstorm. Crysis to me doesn't look that great on high settings anymore, but when I cranked it up on very high once, I was speechless. So vibrant, and incredibly well detailed in every aspect. Basically Crysis on very high is a real looker, but I've always preferred GTA4's visual design. But technically, it's obvious that Crysis is still king.
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 Shattered007
Member since 2007 • 3139 Posts

Wasdie
Delete my post but don't answer the question? Please Elaborate on what you mean, Wasdie.