After EDGE GOTG List, any doubt Playstation is the best

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#51 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49596 Posts

After all those years of cows whining about "the bias" at Edge with all their conspiracy theories, their score researching, and dismissals...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#52 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Because bottom line game being great>"industry changing" wankery.

Not to say the other games aren't great (Dota 2 is terrific), but Bayonetta is on that list because it's fucking excellent.

Really? I'l have to take your word for it... I only played the demo... seemed like another DMC/GoW with too much "fan service".

Another in the sense that it is a beat em up? yes, in fact the DMC roots are definitely there given the director made DMC1.

Another in the sense that it's a straight carbon copy? Nah more animation cancels, better parry system, dodge offset, witch time, and all that jazz definitely makes it feel like a step forward from what the rest of the genre was doing. It stacks up nicely as one of the best games in that genre, as far as her being a hooch, the game is more up front about being all tongue n cheek about it, as opposed to "WHOA LOOK AT HER TITS"

If a list was purely on how great the gameplay was, Bayonetta absolutely belongs in a discussion because the gameplay is sublime. Accessible in terms of easy to pick up, and you should be able to beat it (while piling on stone trophies). But the depth and complexity is there for those wanting to master the game, and attempt to platinum the game. Built for replay-value, fun unlocks, gameplay built on player skill as opposed to crunching numbers, game is as legit as it gets from a gameplay perspective.

And on a list with gee I don't know Rockstars games and Little Big Planet, where the core mechanics is where those games suck, I would argue Bayonetta is more deserving of its place.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

After all those years of cows whining about "the bias" at Edge with all their conspiracy theories, their score researching, and dismissals...

It's coming from -Damien-,he's always grasping at straws when he can.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Edge is a joke. No one should take their garbage opinions seriously. They give games like Little Big Planet, bayonetta 1&2 etc a 10/10, then slam Killzone 2 and others with 7/10 scores. LMAO

Europeans don't know how to rate games. Edge/Eurogamer/IGN UK and Gamespot are terrible at reviewing games. They have different tastes than North American gamers. It is basically the exact opposite of whatever we would normally think.

Is Gamespot a Euro website? Because most of the reviewers I have seen over the years in videos have weird accents and seem super opinionated. Which would make sense to me why they hate NA games so much.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@sniclone54 said:

judging console is best based on corrupt site? no thanks

@clone01 said:

@-Damien- said:

platform for gaming? while nintendo and PC near the bottom on the list

1. PS3 - 9 (1 exclusive / 2 console exclusive)
  2. 360 - 7
  3. PC - 5
  4. Wii - 2 (1 exclusive)
  5. Mac - 1
  6. Android - 1
  7. Arcade - 1
  8. PSP - 1
  9. DS - 0

This generation looks like to be no different with PS4 exclusive line-up like Infamous: SS, Bloodborne, The Order, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, LBP3, Persona 5, Disgaea 5, Rime, Wild, Tomorrow's Children, PS4 Gundam, PS4 Ys

...and multiplatform line-up like KH3, FFXV, The Witcher 3, Batman: AK, Dragon Age:I, No Man's Sky (timed exclusive on PS4), etc, etc

Jesus, man. Go outside.

good to see clone like me. all you have to do is wear SNIPER face (avy) and become one of us.

Boss (SNIPER) will be happy

But your avi isn't sniper's face, it's spah's face...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@-Damien-: 10. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

9. LittleBigPlanet

8. Bayonetta

7. Super Street Fighter IV

6. Red Dead Redemption

5. Grand Theft Auto V

4. Portal

3. The Last of Us

2. Super Mario Galaxy

1. Dark Souls

Since LBP doesn't make my list, Halo 3 fits in there. SSF4 I will replace with the Witcher 2; Bayonetta by either Ninja Garden 2 or Metal Gear Revengeance; I wont even get into the order. I love Dark Souls and its up there, but number one? LOL Why do you and some cows insist that the PlayStation brand is the best, and if it doesn't fit that place for others, the person is wrong? Rather than the notion that one thing is right for everyone?

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Only game worth owning on the PS4 right now is Bloodborne, and the Last of Us if you didn't play that I guess.

And for XOne the only games really worth owning are Killer Instinct and Halo Collection.

I'd say both are going to take a long time to really have great libraries.

I miss when consoles used to launch with system sellers

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

a lot of (_(_) hurt here, LOL

Lems at Super Saiyan 4 now

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Yup I sincerely doubt the list. Mario Galaxy may have gotten 2 on the list, but Wii Sports should have been number 1. No game affected gaming like Wii Sports did. It showed that everyone can be a gamer and that games don't have to be gray death matches with shotguns to faces.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@-Damien-: 10. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

9. LittleBigPlanet

8. Bayonetta

7. Super Street Fighter IV

6. Red Dead Redemption

5. Grand Theft Auto V

4. Portal

3. The Last of Us

2. Super Mario Galaxy

1. Dark Souls

Since LBP doesn't make my list, Halo 3 fits in there. SSF4 I will replace with the Witcher 2; Bayonetta by either Ninja Garden 2 or Metal Gear Revengeance; I wont even get into the order. I love Dark Souls and its up there, but number one? LOL Why do you and some cows insist that the PlayStation brand is the best, and if it doesn't fit that place for others, the person is wrong? Rather than the notion that one thing is right for everyone?

Master Ninja forever cancer, the difficulty mode.