Adam Sessler's in-depth review of the Xbox One

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

UI looks very good but let's see how it functions before passing judgement. Not a far cry from the latter dashboard of the Xbox360 which will make for an easy adjustment.

Did I see Ryse was a 35GB install? That hard drive may fill up rather fast. Important that MS get external storage support up and running ASAP. Overall looks very good just not really for me. PS4 as previously said are focusing soley on games. That's fine with me as that's what I want from my console.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#53  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@MirkoS77: well said, I agree with everything you said in your post

ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan: This fella plays and watches TV/Netflix on the daily, son! Come at me!

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

No mention of improved XBL?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Hey says kinect still sucks and you get as much out of it as you put in. Some really awesome apps, Doesn't mention games, says PS4 is a more gaming centric experience akin to last gen rather than the heavy media focus MS is putting on it, says some things such as apps need refinement.

I figured Kinect(lol) would suck just as much.

Nice to hear a validation that the PS4 is more gaming centered too.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

X1 looks great and the games look great. Just remove Kinect, drop the price, and I'll jump in...er ahead or whatever.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

@R3FURBISHED: Dreamcast Gamecube and Xbox were perfect at launch

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@PinkiePirate said:

You can't instantly stream gameplay on Xbox One? That's a huge disappointment. That's my favorite feature on PS4.

No twitch functionality until a later date either.

They probably want it to work properly, unlike Sony who shoe horned the Twitch app in and functions like utter shit right now.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

That was a very unbiased and objective review. I unfortunately haven't had TV for years and have very little interest in Skype (I have a laptop for that). The X1 is definitely not for me, though I had hoped MS wouldn't have cocked it up like they did. After being with Sony for 3 gens I was looking for a change.

I hope his PS4 review is equally unbiased.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Good review that. Honestly sold me more on the new kinect than all of MS's flashy junk nonsense but glad I went PS4 first, but the XB1 might well be something I'll get in the future if its interesting features evolve more.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I really liked this a lot, but I didn't see anything for the PS4 like this. Is there one?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Heil68

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Good review that. Honestly sold me more on the new kinect than all of MS's flashy junk nonsense but glad I went PS4 first, but the XB1 might well be something I'll get in the future if its interesting features evolve more.

We should play a game on PS4! What do you have?

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@Heil68: AC4 is the only thing I've played so far, but have BF4 and FIFA (waiting for local target to get KZ back in stock so I can exchange it). Whats you PSN?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Heil68

@blue_hazy_basic:

BroknOath

I have Fifa14 and AC4 we could play! Why do you have to exchange KZ?

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

Target didn't have KZ in stock but are running a buy 2 get one free for the PS4 so the sales assistant suggested getting a game I could return and just swap it out for KZ when they do have it. So got FIFA!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

Whats the point of picture in picture? Who plays a game and watches TV at the same time?

Theres a very good reason why picture in picture never took off in TVs

I actually do that all the time. I'll switch from football or basketball game to my XBox 360 and back sometime and it's a pain using the Receiver controller to switch back and forth.

Sessler did a decent review for the XBox One. Basically he's saying, "It just does EVERYTHING." The things it doesn't do, it will do in the near future plus so much more.

I'd like to see his PS4 review as well, even though he hasn't had much time with it because Sony refused to send journalist PS4 because a large % of them were gimped.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@Heil68: Think mine is blue Hazy? (at work so can't check)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Heil68

@blue_hazy_basic:

Awww you should keep Fifa as well , its really good. Lovely game actually. ;)

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

This review actually made me rethink what i originally thought about the kinect.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@silversix_: apparently at games too with rtse being touted as the graphics king already and for a scoring higher plus all the better multimedia features... X1 is looking like the better console at launch.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

If halo was released on the PS4 there would be no need for an X1.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Why do people say the PS4 is more focused for gamers? Sony's launch line up is pathetic and it's not going to get better until at least March (When Infamous Launches). Microsoft has a really diverse and solid Xbox One line up and they've already showed some interesting games going in to 2014. Titanfall alone will really give the system an Edge over the PS4, I know it's also available on PC but for being a console exclusive it's a pretty big deal.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Hey says kinect still sucks and you get as much out of it as you put in. Some really awesome apps, Doesn't mention games, says PS4 is a more gaming centric experience akin to last gen rather than the heavy media focus MS is putting on it, says some things such as apps need refinement.

Thank you for summarizing. Not enough people do this. Wish more TC started doing this.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Looks like the Xbox One is a better GAMING CONSOLE if you're one of those who buys a gaming system to Skype with your grandma.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Very nice review.. i'm still off about the voice commands though.. they're a hassle and not worth messing with from my experiences. Overall yea.... i do have to say though.. that 500$ price tag. All the media support the xbox 1 brings is still a lot less inferior than what i can have access to on my Computer which is substantially faster to access those things and i can do more with them. Having my consols on my PC desk and a T.V on top of it i can easily say i have 0 interest for any of the X1 features.. only thing that would bring me to one at this point would be the games. Yet no system of the 3 has honestly convinced me at this point.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@TwistedShade said:

Why do people say the PS4 is more focused for gamers? Sony's launch line up is pathetic and it's not going to get better until at least March (When Infamous Launches). Microsoft has a really diverse and solid Xbox One line up and they've already showed some interesting games going in to 2014. Titanfall alone will really give the system an Edge over the PS4, I know it's also available on PC but for being a console exclusive it's a pretty big deal.

Except you can also buy TitanFall on 360 as well, so many 360 buddies I game with on 360 have told me they are going to be buying that 360 version.Even though I'll have an Xbone, I may be buying it on 360 depending on how things play out next year when the game releases.

You are right, TF is an advantage when M$ made that deal for the EA/Respawn 1st game, but I just wanted to correct the notion that the game was only for PC and Xbone.You mentioned PC and Xbone, but not the Xbox 360 with it's 80 million user install base.

My other issue with the game is it's MP only, which is a bummer as I have bought MP only games on console before, and when the sequels come out or they don't take off, those MP only discs are useless.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#78 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

The review comfirmed what I already knew, the x1 is not for me

deniiiii21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deniiiii21
Member since 2007 • 1261 Posts

I plan on picking up an Xbox down the line sometimes when it becomes cheaper, but I just dont get this voice commands, honestly people will sound like retards talking to themselves. "Xbox On" it just sounds stupid, I mean is someone that lazy that cant press a button to turn the system on instead talk to themselves all day long Xbox this Xbox that.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#80 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Seems like the only use of an Xbox One over PS4 for me is for simple skype calls and voice communication during games.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#81 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

He will be doing the review for Forza5 also

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#82 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

That was a really good review.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

@2mrw said:

he seemed a bit disappointed .. may be it's just me.

He basically said xbone is crap that was not beta tested in the future.

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#84 MajesticShea
Member since 2013 • 730 Posts

Xbox One really does suck.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By remiks00

@cain006 said:

Seems like the only use of an Xbox One over PS4 for me is for simple skype calls and voice communication during games.

this

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 remiks00

@SolidTy said:

@TwistedShade said:

Except you can also buy TitanFall on 360 as well, so many 360 buddies I game with on 360 have told me they are going to be buying that 360 version.Even though I'll have an Xbone, I may be buying it on 360 depending on how things play out next year when the game releases.

You are right, TF is an advantage when M$ made that deal for the EA/Respawn 1st game, but I just wanted to correct the notion that the game was only for PC and Xbone.You mentioned PC and Xbone, but not the Xbox 360 with it's 80 million user install base.

My other issue with the game is it's MP only, which is a bummer as I have bought MP only games on console before, and when the sequels come out or they don't take off, those MP only discs are useless.

Man, SolidTy, you just reminded me of why I hated buying MP only games. I remember playing games like: Chromehounds & Anarchy Reigns ... They died fast, and now they are just coasters.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Love it. Can't wait to watch TV through my Xbox One.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@remiks00 said:

@SolidTy said:

@TwistedShade said:

Man, SolidTy, you just reminded me of why I hated buying MP only games. I remember playing games like: Chromehounds & Anarchy Reigns ... They died fast, and now they are just coasters.

YES! Exactly! It sucks, but that's what is going to happen...:( I own both those games and Shadowrun, Resident Evil Outbreak, and Warhawk even. At least with Warhawk, I can LAN because I have two copies.

Either way, this is going to happen to the MP-only TF if:

A.) The game's userbase doesn't take off

B.) The competition like COD, BF, Halo, etc is too strong

or more likely

C.) When the fully fleshed out, SP included TF2 releases killing off what's left of TF.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By remiks00

@SolidTy said:

@remiks00 said:

@SolidTy said:

@TwistedShade said:

YES! Exactly! It sucks, but that's what is going to happen...:( I own both those games and Shadowrun, Resident Evil Outbreak, and Warhawk even. At least with Warhawk, I can LAN because I have two copies.

Either way, this is going to happen to the MP-only TF if:

A.) The game's userbase doesn't take off

B.) The competition like COD, BF, Halo, etc is too strong

or more likely

B.) When the fully fleshed out, SP included TF2 releases killing off what's left of TF.

All good points. I remember RE: outbreak as well, good times. lol. Once TF2 releases, TF1 is definitely dead. It's inevitable

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Sessler review?

Actually worth watching /10

That's what I thought. Pretty decent review.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By kozzy1234

He gave Forza 5 a 5/5... only reviewer who I seem to agree with most the time. Always love his reviews and videos.

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

@kozzy1234 said:

He gave Forza 5 a 5/5... only reviewer who I seem to agree with most the time. Always love his reviews and videos.

Now every cow in this thread doesn't like him.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 kozzy1234

@yanni1 said:

@kozzy1234 said:

Now every cow in this thread doesn't like him.

They are glad metacritic doesn't count Rev reviews lol

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

@Spartan070 said:

@M8ingSeezun said:

He was spot on, really.

Bottomline:

XBOX ONE = Multimedia Gaming Console

PS4 = Gaming Centric Console.

The PS4 seem more appealing to me for what I want.

It's gaming-centric by default by virtue of there being not much else to it...

And that's perfect for me. I don't need all that multimedia garbage. Again, PS4 GIVES ME WHAT I WANT. Just a simple gaming centric console and good hardware to power them.

For lemmings, it's a different story.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#96  Edited By FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

Adam does a great job with these, Engadget has a great video review too. Rev3 needs to get a PS4 review out too though.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Sounds like the X1 has a more ambitious plan this gen than Sony.

I guess it all depends what game shows interest you.

And games seeing as how MS has an upper hand over PS4's pitiful offerings over the next year.

Keep showing your lemming colors. Xflop has already lost.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Sounds like the X1 has a more ambitious plan this gen than Sony.

I guess it all depends what game shows interest you.

And games seeing as how MS has an upper hand over PS4's pitiful offerings over the next year.

Keep showing your lemming colors. Xflop has already lost.

Says the blind cow with no games to play.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@SonofK said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@PinkiePirate said:

You can't instantly stream gameplay on Xbox One? That's a huge disappointment. That's my favorite feature on PS4.

No twitch functionality until a later date either.

They probably want it to work properly, unlike Sony who shoe horned the Twitch app in and functions like utter shit right now.

Twitch work greats rat.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

No screenshot feature mentioned in the review. MS must that info on lockdown for some odd reason.