About 3DS and PSVita

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
Well there have been a lot of of dumb fanboy arguments in the the psvita 3ds console war. Mostly sony fanboys. I by no means hate the psvita and it seems like a great handheld, and it looks great but some of the sony arguments are really stupid. First of all, they say that developers hate working with the 3ds because it's too underpowered and the 3D is too demanding while the vita is much easier to work with and nintendos forcing developers to work with it while sony made the vita for easy use for developers. Well i dont know how developers feel but this argument is very stupid because it is confirmed that if the 3ds was playing games specifically 2d it would have much improved graphics including improved physics and textures, so if developers found it really that hard to make a game in 3d they could always just do it in 2D making it much easier. Developers choose to make games in 3d and by no means forced on it. Also if nintendo really made it so difficult to make games on the 3ds why are so many developers excited about the 3ds, at e3 2010 we saw countless titles and developers confirming to work on the 3ds. 2. Apparently the 3ds has a terrible game lineup. Sure the 3ds's lineup was a little slow, but mario 3ds, mario kart, super smash bros., kid icarus, metal gear solid, kingdom hearts, paper mario, resident evil revelations, pokemon, megaman, starfox, sonic generations, tekken and assasins creed. Thats only some confirmed right now, i imagine that that list will get a lot bigger like metroid and donkey kong. Seriously what does the psvita even have confirmed, uncharted, little big planet? Like really i don't think a game like reality fighters is much better then what the 3ds's launch lineup is. Like the 3ds has street fighter, dead or a live, blazblue and legend of zelda 3d is amazing. Now the 3ds's games are my main reason on getting a 3ds, also you can play all your ds games on your 3ds and the ds had some amazing games, while the vita does not have any UMD slot. 3. 3D is a gimmick. The people who say this are most likely the people who've barely seen 3d. It's stunning and glasses free, that's great. They say 3d is a gimmick when the psvita has a freakin back touch pad. Like sure you can use it but whats the point when you could press a perfectly good button or use the front touch screen. 3D is excellent, sure some people feel motion sickness, but that's from all 3d, not just the 3ds's. 3D is a new experience. I always have my 3d on and never feel dizzy or sick, and if my eyes feel a bit tired i might turn it to 2d for a minute, but it sure does kill me. 4. Tired of remakes. Now this the dumbest thing a sony fanboy could say. Tired of remakes, well god of war collection, metal gear collection, god of war psp collections. Wow so sony can have 3 remakes with god of war collection having 2 titles from the ps2, metal gear with metal gear solid 1-3 from the ps2 and peace walker on the psp, and the two psp god of wars remade but if nintendo remakes legend of zelda and star fox in 3d its old. Like i love remakes, but this complaint is just terrible. All the ps3 remakes just remake in hd and there from just last gen, some even on the psp this gen, atleast nintendos are from 2 gens ago and actually could use a remake, and they atleast add more features like gyroscopic controls 3d and much improved graphics. Like i love remakes, and i'll probably get themetal gear collection, but i dont see how the 3ds remakes are a complaint at all. 5. It's the same price and has less features. Well technically it's really the same features on the wifi model just psvita has more horsepower and 3ds has 3d. They both have touch screen, accelerometers, gyroscope, online stores, local connectivity. They both have vga camera the 3ds though has a 3d one. The pavita does have the extra analog stick, but nintendo said that they didn't feel that the 3ds needed one and they said that they found the touch screen and gyroscope often replaced the need of a second analog stick. Although a second analog stick would be nice, it doesnt matter all that much. They both features web browsers, and online functionaltiy. The nintendo e-shop is actually surprisingly robust, much improved from the wii and dsi, but sony has a better track record with online. They both have intuitive operating systems. The 3ds has backwards compatibility with ds software, while the psvita has no umd slot, but it does support psp downloads in the online store. Really both systems feature a lot and are both well priced. Also they both feature augmented reality and the 3ds is confirmed to have 3d movies and netflix, im sure the vita will also feature this. All in all both console are great, i just felt that some arguments were just plain dumb, really neither console is bad, it really boils down to preferance, and both are great.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Sorry...but i don't have the time to read all this.My opinion is that the PS Vita is a lot better than 3DS (2 analogs,big touch screen and very nice looking system)

The PSP Vita is a first day buy for me......to bad that i can't tell the same and for the 3DS.

Nayef_shroof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Nayef_shroof
Member since 2011 • 709 Posts

Ya...Bottom line: PSVita has much more gameplay functionalities and options than the 3DS (Multitouch front/backscreen, dual analog sticks, sixaxis motion control, etc). PSVita also has far better graphical capabilities than 3DS could ever dream of, with games reaching console quality fidelity. The online is undeniably far more robust on PSVita than 3DS could ever dream of. Last but most importantly, the PSVita's launch library is amazing especially when compared to 3DS mediocre slew of launch titles. All of this for the same price of a 3DS. At least the 3DS is getting some great games this holiday

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34777 Posts

Mhm mhm, not gonna read that, but it all comes down to the games. I highly, HIGHLY doubt the PSP Vita will have many games I want and I already know at least 5 3DS games that I want.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I'm a 3DS owner, and without even touching the psv, it looks like the $250 price tag belongs on the system. I understand why Nintendo bumped the price up of the 3ds--to prepare consumer for the more pricey home console--but the 3DS certainly does NOT feel like a $250 device. Games, sure. The 3DS will likely get tons of support. But you know what, and call me crazy if you'd like, but I can see that the 3DS remodel being drastically different than the current one. A slimmer and far more psv-like "solid" build, but the kicker is that I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo drops the 3D alltogether.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FPS1337
To summarize my original post I pretty much said that there are some dumb arguments. 1. They say that developers have a very difficult time on making games for the 3DS and Nintendo forces them to do it rather then the PSVita where it is built so developer can do it easily. This is dumb because at e32010 many developers said how excited they are to work with the 3DS, also if 3D was so hard, it has confirmed that if developers made a 2D specific game for the 3DS it would have better graphics including improved physics and textures, so developers choose to work with 3D not forced. With Revelations looking that good and being made for 3D I'm sure a 2D made game would look close to a PSVita top end game. 2. Apparently the 3DS has terrible games. I mentioned tons of great games coming and although it had a slower launch, more and more games are being released and the games are why I have a 3DS. Also the Vita's lineup doesn't look very good right now either. The only confirmed games on the platform that might make it to launch is Uncharted, and really reality fighters is no better then any game on the 3DS launch lineup. 3. 3D is a gimmick. I pretty much said how it was a great new thing, and they say this when the PSVita has a back touch pad. 4. Tired of remakes. I said this is coming from people who love sony, who remade/remaking 3 collections from last gen or even porting games from the PSP this gen. Atleast Nintendo adds like 3D, gyroscope control, and even for star fox it add new multiplayer, so I don't know why someone would complain when there company just makes the games in HD without changing anything. 5. They say the 3DS is same price, less features. I basically compared all the features, look at 5. in the original post.
Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

I have a 3DS but I wish I didn't buy it at launch. I barely touch it. I should have waited until the holidays. The more I hear about the PSV the better it gets for me. Not sure if I am getting it at launch because I want to be positive that it will get supported. Anyhoo...I will be owning both.

Bujikan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bujikan92
Member since 2011 • 214 Posts

I dont even...

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

you really think people are going to read all that, anyway. i'm getting the vita over the 3ds why? because i have my own reasons why. just let people do what they wanna do and buy what they wanna buy.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

I don't know how anyone is getting the idea that the 3DS is "underpowered". There's alot of Sony fanboys that are going to say this kind of thing regardless if it's true or not. There are even Nintendo fanboys that will say the very samething about the PSV. The fact is that BOTH devices have impressive hardware and are pretty much equal as far as visuals go (minus the 3D of course).

What's going to set these two machines apart will be the games. Nintendo's launch line up was pretty weak but there's still a few really good titles out there. and also, when I look at what's coming for the 3DS, there are some really great games in the mix.

As impressive as the PSV looked at E3, I still think it's going to be an uphill battle for Sony. The 3DS will have dozens of quality titles out by the time the PSV is launched, giving Sony more to compete with. I think pricing the PSV at $249 was a very smart move though. This makes the PSV appear as a much more viable option to the 3DS.

The games will be the ultimate decider though.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FPS1337
I agree with this^
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I don't know how anyone is getting the idea that the 3DS is "underpowered". There's alot of Sony fanboys that are going to say this kind of thing regardless if it's true or not. There are even Nintendo fanboys that will say the very samething about the PSV. The fact is that BOTH devices have impressive hardware and are pretty much equal as far as visuals go (minus the 3D of course).

What's going to set these two machines apart will be the games. Nintendo's launch line up was pretty weak but there's still a few really good titles out there. and also, when I look at what's coming for the 3DS, there are some really great games in the mix.

As impressive as the PSV looked at E3, I still think it's going to be an uphill battle for Sony. The 3DS will have dozens of quality titles out by the time the PSV is launched, giving Sony more to compete with. I think pricing the PSV at $249 was a very smart move though. This makes the PSV appear as a much more viable option to the 3DS.

Micropixel

Equal as far as visuals go? Not from what has been seen. The "underpowered" statement comes from the fact that these devices have a long shelf life, and the 3DS has already probably been eclipsed by smartphones.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FPS1337

[QUOTE="Micropixel"]

Heirren

Equal as far as visuals go? Not from what has been seen. The "underpowered" statement comes from the fact that these devices have a long shelf life, and the 3DS has already probably been eclipsed by smartphones.

No smartphone comes close in terms of visual potential as the 3DS so far. Smartphones are a joke and the nicer looking games render simplistic things like Infinity Blade. I do think that the Vita does have the upper hand, but the 3DS is all made for 3D, if a game was made specifically for 2D, the 3DS can have better graphics. Even Street fighter 4 3DS doubled the frame rate and made a more anti-aliasing and such just switching the in game 3D to 2D, I imagine if they made it specifically made a 2D game the max potential could be similar to the PSVita. Look at Revelations for example, that rivals any PSVita game in looks from what we've seen, and it's made for 3D. I think the thing is that the 3DS's GPU is different from the Wii's so developers will have to change their engines to take full advantage of the system. I believe it's better for developers that mostly stayed on Xbox 360 and PS3 due to the fact it can produce better shader effects not seen on the Wii, but using the same Wii engine for a game won't work as well due to the fact the 3DS has a lower poly count.
calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#14 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

I'm getting a 3DS, but it's all about the games, not the technology. The DS wasn't a powerful system, never was, but I couldn't care less. It is my favorite system of this generation (not just handheld) and it did it with its monumental library of fantastic games. Nothing is stopping the 3DS from being the same.

ratchet_usa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ratchet_usa
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts

Sorry...but i don't have the time to read all this.My opinion is that the PS Vita is a lot better than 3DS (2 analogs,big touch screen and very nice looking system)

The PSP Vita is a first day buy for me......to bad that i can't tell the same and for the 3DS.

AtariKidX

I agree with this.

PSV has me excited for a handheld once again. 3ds I didn't even know that system was launched until a few days later LOL!

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I don't think the 3DS is under powered. I just think it is over priced. I can't wait to get the Vita, but I am not getting the 3DS until it is under $200 and even then, only if they have reduced the prices to their older games. Nintendo has a bad habit of taking forever to reduce the prices on their games. I learned that the hard way with the DS. I will not make the same mistake twice with the 3DS.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#17 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Coolyfett didnt read the original post, but will eventually get the PSV.

reasons...

Well invested in PSP software & PSN

not embarrassed to pull a PSV out in public

Coolyfetts girlfriend can watch her favorite shows when we are in bed.

thatisfalse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thatisfalse
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts

please guys, punctuation is your friend. I won't read anything lacking punctuation after the second or third line.

trent44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 trent44
Member since 2008 • 255 Posts

I have been quite disappointed with my 3DS so far; I played Face Raiders, got Super Monkey Ball 3D and beat it, tried a demo of Pilot Wings at the store, downloaded Excitebike, etc. That all lasted me about 2 days of light use and has been dust collecting ever since.

I do plan to get the ocassional game for the 3DS (Super Mario, Mario Kart, Mega Man Legends 3, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion), but more and more games and features keep getting announced for the PS Vita; so, I will probably be mostly playing Vita games. And Vita's greater variety of control options, 5 inch OLED Screen, cross game chat/invites, live area/near, etc. justifies any multi-platform game to be perferred on it.

Some good Vita games to look forward to:
-Blazblue: Continuum Shift II Plus
-Dragon's Crown
-Dungeon Defenders
-Gravity Daze
-Hot Shots Golf
-Little Deviants
-Little Big Planet
-Mod Nation Racers
-Reality Fighters
-Ruin
-Rayman Origins
-Smart As
-Sound Shapes
-Super Stardust Delta
-Wipeout 2048

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

vita has no games

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

The collections of PS3 are just gravy, they are not essential to the lineup of the console.

Mario, mario, mario and Super Mario are one of two reasons i don't like the 3DS, the second being the 3D... It made me feel sick for about 20 minutes so after that i decided i won't even accept the 3DS as a gift, and before you say play in 2D then whats the point.. I have a DS kicking about somewhere i don't need a second one.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

AtariKidX
I saw the first paragraph and was about to read and then saw the rest and was like "whoooaaa". lol!! Anyway, you don't know if it's better then the DS as you don't own either yet and probably haven't played either system. I've already played the 3DS and it's a great system that just needs more great games. The 3D effect is wonderful in small dosages. Looks great with SSFIV. So far most of the games I've play were very fun. Looking forward to Zelda and other RPG's. As for PSVita, I have tried it, so I can't say if it's good or bad. It has all the specs and everything we've ever wanted, but I'm not playing $300 for the 3G version. When that drops to $250 I may consider it. I'm still happy with my PSP, so I'm good for now. Most of the games coming out on the Vita you can play on your PS3 on a bigger screen with better resolution. So I see no rush to get it until some original titles come out. The touch controls add some new controls, but I don't see anything else that improves the games from it's PS3 big brother.
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FPS1337
I posted all the features of the 3da and vita are pretty much even just vita has more power and 3ds has 3d. If you get 3g its $50 more and you need a plan. I was surprised that sony would keep the pricing competitive, they have never made very well priced consoles, but it's nice to keep competitive pricing.