A side note about Resident Evil

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Digital_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Digital_Ghost
Member since 2009 • 222 Posts

I really do wish capcom would bring back the original play style, none of that over the shoulder crap. I'm talking about how RE:1, 2 and 3 were, I wish they would bring back segemnts of underground lab areas, such as in 1 and 2 thats what made the games interesting in my view. I don't understand why capcom didn't do remakes of the second and third game those would have been good.

SLI_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SLI_Gamer
Member since 2010 • 291 Posts

Resident Evil was never scary, it was always about action. Its great how it is.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I really do wish capcom would bring back the original play style, none of that over the shoulder crap. I'm talking about how RE:1, 2 and 3 were, I wish they would bring back segemnts of underground lab areas, such as in 1 and 2 thats what made the games interesting in my view. I don't understand why capcom didn't do remakes of the second and third game those would have been good.

Digital_Ghost
Digital Ghost you are my hero man. I have been wanting this for so long. As for over the shoulder I do not mind, but does that mean they have to take away the scar factor. Unfortunatley the likely hood of this happening is slim. Too many casual game lovers out there.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 millerlight89

SLI_Gamer
Resident Evil was not about action. It was a survival horror game. It was never ever about action until now. maybe you should play the others first.
Avatar image for Vinegar_Strokes
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vinegar_Strokes
Member since 2010 • 3401 Posts

you really want to go back to those TERRIBLE controls. REALLY?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 millerlight89

Vinegar_Strokes
Controls were awkward. Though do we have to keep bringing this up. The original games are much better than this action crap they shovel out.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
RE4 is -by far- the best RE. RE5 failed because of the forced co-op, broken inventory, bad setting and bad pacing. But the RE4 formula is still unmatched, as Dead Space so elegantly proved.
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vinegar_Strokes
[QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"]

millerlight89
Controls were awkward. Though do we have to keep bringing this up. The original games are much better than this action crap they shovel out.

the controls were TERRIBLE. the only reason anyone thinks RE was scary was because a dog jumped though a window. other that that it was a very average game that people give more respect than it deserves
Digital_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Digital_Ghost

I remember the day I played the first game back in '96 on my PS1, I had no idea what I was doing do the fact that I was 6 or 7 encountering the first zombie and the dogs jumping through the glass sure scared the crap out of me though. I would have to say that RE 2 and code veronica on the dreamcastare my favorite resident evil games.

Digital_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Digital_Ghost

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"]

Vinegar_Strokes

the controls were TERRIBLE. the only reason anyone thinks RE was scary was because a dog jumped though a window. other that that it was a very average game that people give more respect than it deserves

I have to disagree on that, playing the first one a few years later and playing through the whole thing there were other moments that were scary such as the giant snake, and the not knowing was in the underground lab when you first reached it lets not forget the CG scene of the nemesis in the cryo tank.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 millerlight89
[QUOTE="IronBass"]RE4 is -by far- the best RE. RE5 failed because of the forced co-op, broken inventory, bad setting and bad pacing. But the RE4 formula is still unmatched, as Dead Space so elegantly proved.

How does Dead Space prove anything>?
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vinegar_Strokes

[QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] Controls were awkward. Though do we have to keep bringing this up. The original games are much better than this action crap they shovel out.Digital_Ghost

I have to disagree on that, playing the first one a few years later and playing through the whole thing there were other moments that were scary such as the giant snake, and the not knowing was in the underground lab when you first reached it lest not forget the CG scene of the nemesisin the cryo tank.

but scooby doo was scarier
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

millerlight89

Thats your opinion, I think RE is better as it is(except maybe RE5)
Digital_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Digital_Ghost

I don't know if this is true or not, but reading a comment I hear Wesker is going to come back as a half human half machine robot in a future game that would be cool to see.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-63f6895020e66
How does Dead Space prove anything>?millerlight89
Dead Space took RE4's gameplay, improved its few flaws and delivered a superb game.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

SLI_Gamer
Thats not true at all. Its always been a slow paced, creepy zombie horror movie style, survival game before with great puzzles and problem solving. Its only the recent titles that are about action over everything else (even though Resi 4 is awesome as it is).
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

Vinegar_Strokes
The controls are still the same now, the camera is behind the player instead.
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vinegar_Strokes
[QUOTE="SLI_Gamer"]

tomarlyn
Thats not true at all. Its always been a slow paced, creepy zombie horror movie style, survival game before with great puzzles and problem solving. Its only the recent titles that are about action over everything else (even though Resi 4 is awesome as it is).

the problem solving was never anymore complicated than find parts of key with emblem to fit the right door or find crank to turn handle.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

tomarlyn
The controls are still the same now, the camera is behind the player instead.

That makes everything 3x better thoe:)
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

I miss the good ol' RE I fell in love with... those fixed camera angles that were used to add the tension, now they just add tension by throwing a bunch of enemies at you, something EVERY game does now.

I replayed REmake not long ago, and wondered why Capcom had to ruin the series sooooooooo bad with RE5.

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#21 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
My main love is RE Remake. But I love the co-op in RE5.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#22 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
Who all played the Return to the Nightmare on RE5? It tried to do the old formula but over the shoulder. I really enjoyed it, except for the lack of enemies on the add on.
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GreenGoblin2099

Who all played the Return to the Nightmare on RE5? It tried to do the old formula but over the shoulder. I really enjoyed it, except for the lack of enemies on the add on.caseypayne69

Not formula... scenario.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

and the not knowing was in the underground lab when you first reached it lets not forget the CG scene of the nemesis in the cryo tank.

Digital_Ghost

Tyrant. Nemesis was in the third game.

The RE games were never scary. The only thing that scared/freaked me the most was the Regenerators from RE 4. What a disturbing creature...

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

[QUOTE="Digital_Ghost"]

millerlight89

Digital Ghost you are my hero man. I have been wanting this for so long. As for over the shoulder I do not mind, but does that mean they have to take away the scar factor. Unfortunatley the likely hood of this happening is slim. Too many casual game lovers out there.

yeah I wished for a code veronica next gen game that would be pretty awesome not the re5 gameplay. CV and Re2 4 life.

HATED The gamecube remakes..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]Tyrant. Nemesis was in the third game. The RE games were never scary. The only thing that scared/freaked me the most was the Regenerators from RE 4. What a disturbing creature...

I also found amazingly disturbing the first time I heard some of the Los Illuminados monks whishpering "Morir es vivir" (to die is to live). All their lines were so awesome. Ah, good times.
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]Tyrant. Nemesis was in the third game. The RE games were never scary. The only thing that scared/freaked me the most was the Regenerators from RE 4. What a disturbing creature...IronBass
I also found amazingly disturbing the first time I heard some of the Los Illuminados monks whishpering "Morir es vivir" (to die is to live). All their lines were so awesome. Ah, good times.

lol

Well, it sounds better than the Majini just babbling random stuff. :P

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fend_oblivion

I also found amazingly disturbing the first time I heard some of the Los Illuminados monks whishpering "Morir es vivir" (to die is to live). All their lines were so awesome. Ah, good times.IronBass

The bald, hoodless Zealot actually says "Brains...Brains..." WTH? :P

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

[QUOTE="Digital_Ghost"]

and the not knowing was in the underground lab when you first reached it lets not forget the CG scene of the nemesis in the cryo tank.

fend_oblivion

Tyrant. Nemesis was in the third game.

The RE games were never scary. The only thing that scared/freaked me the most was the Regenerators from RE 4. What a disturbing creature...

RE games were never scary by today's standards... But you have to remember that back in the mid/semi-late 90's, there was no game that had that level of scare (until SH came out of course) RE and RE 2, were both really scary games for their times, I still remember playing them in my highschool years and jumping from time to time.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#30 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

The only Resident Evil I found scary was the Remake of RE1.

I do love both the old and new RE games though. I just wish it was scarier. Dead Space was scary and it had the over the shoulder camera.

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

SLI_Gamer
What? Resident evil was never about action, in fact that was probably one of its weaker points. It was all about the survival dude!lol But seriously, id love capcom to do another oldskool RE game.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
agreed its too actiony now
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts
I just hate one thing, you can't move and shoot. The zombie are extremely slow and sometimes awkward because they don't want the zombies to move faster than you can but if you allow the player to move ........ you can make much better zombies.
kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#34 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

I love the Resident Evil series

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
I don't mind the OTS camera. The lack of atmosphere, slow-paced gameplay and puzzles ruined RE4 and RE5, not the new camera/controls.
Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
I enjoy each RE for what it is. RE5 was a fun game, and having coop made it a blast to play with my brother.
I don't mind the OTS camera. The lack of atmosphere, slow-paced gameplay and puzzles ruined RE4 and RE5, not the new camera/controls.RyuRanVII
RE4 had no atmosphere? Or do you mean not scary atmosphere? I feel that RE4 has one of the best atmopsheres in any game.
jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts

RE4 is -by far- the best RE. IronBass

*Looks at REmake*

Nah, man.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

No just... no

I would like something like resident evil 4 but with more puzzles

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="IronBass"]RE4 is -by far- the best RE. jethrovegas

*Looks at REmake*

Nah, man.

*Looks at RE2*

Definitely nah, man.

Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts

I hope not, that would be the end of the series for me (not that I'd make a big difference), but those who enjoyed RE4 style moreare in the majority.

ghost392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ghost392
Member since 2008 • 1011 Posts

[QUOTE="Digital_Ghost"]

millerlight89

Lol RE4 and 5 are far less casual then the prequels that could be finished in a couple hours

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 fend_oblivion

Was I the only person laughing when playing the first RE game?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

*Chris and Wesker look at Tyrant. *

Wesker: That's right; this is the ultimate lifeform, Tyrant!

Chris: Ho ho ho ha ha ha...

Wesker: Chris?

Chris: Hahahahahahahahahaha....

*Wesker points his gun at Chris.*

Wesker: Stop it! *in the tone of a sweet girl :lol:*

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That has to be the worst voice acting I've ever heard in my life :lol: