A little PC lovin'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tcarruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tcarruth
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts

It's funny that the PC is getting such a hard time on these boards (" The PC is dying" etc) and yet everyone is typing their messages on one. In two years time your average PC that you pick up just to do email and surf the web and photo edit will be more powerful than a PS3 or 360. 

Probably the single most important factor is that some gamers want creative control of their gaming experience. If you don't, or don't know what I'm talking about, thats fine, no offense intended, go back to playing on your console. Take Crysis as a case in point. Out of the box, it should be great but that is just the start. Included is a sandbox editor that lets users create their own single player experiences, and multiplayer scenarios. You can load your own textures and design you own objects if you so wish. Within months the Web will be awash with inventive content.

In one game and on one system you get an infinte number of FPSs. It is an added bonus that they will be graphically superior to anything a console will kick out for 6 years or so. But Crysis is just one of many games that provide creative control.

And for all this motion sensing hoopla on the Wii, until you've been in a trackIR assisted turning dogfight against 30 online opponents, you haven't even touched the kind of gaming experiences that are available.

The PC is probably somewhat more expensive, but you get an unquantifiable degree of freedom as part of the package. Until you try it, please don't mindlessly attack it.

Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts

the pc is not dying and will never die

pc gaming is a full different thing 

kutaragism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kutaragism
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
I'm typing this message on a Playstation 3.
linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
/\And just how long did it take you to type it?
kutaragism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kutaragism
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
6 minutes, but my cat is walking over my keyboard.