50 reasons why the Xbox 360 is superior than the PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Panther501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Panther501
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

19. That's it. Last gen the PS2 got every Square Enix game and tons of them as well. Not the same with PS3.

26. Well that's next year, plus trophy system isn't as great as GamerScore.

53. Halo 3 owns everything on the PS3.

11. It's a general opinion 360 has better controller for FPS than PS3, especially with the ergonomics, better triggers and analog stick placement.

AHUGECAT

19.Lost support means no games at all. As long as games are coming from them that equals support. Especially when its 2 huge titles.

26.Lame comeback and they are the same not one is better then the other

53.Opinion. I could say MGS4 owns everything on 360.

11. 360 controller is better at fps shooters,but that doesint equal bad for PS3 controller

All you did with your replay is show how much of a PS3 hater you are and just how funny the list is.

19. When compared to the PS2, it might as well equal no support.

26. It's true. You'll never find trophy whores but GamerScore is addicting.

53. MGS4 can't even compare to Halo 3.

11. In the shooter gen, yeah, it does.

Top 7 reasons why ahugecat fails (I don't need 50) 1. haha mgs4 can't be compared to halo even though mgs4 beat halo in score. 2. the controller issue is purely biased. I find I play better with a ds3 than an xbox controller 3. mandatory trophies in 2009 so your whole argument about trophy's sucking is stupid. In honest comparison, gamerscore is just a number while we have pictures, number of trophies awarded, and the number of trophy's per certain difficulty (bronze, silver, gold, platinum) 4. and judging from you scores that you posted as your sig, you have an obvious bias against the ps3 which begs the question do you really have a ps3? common sense says ...... NO! and if you honestly do give me your psn tag 5. all of your jrpgs have scored 8.0 and lower and don't have anything higher than a AA on metacritic 6. on the other hand, we have VC which I hear is more badass than any xbox jrpg and white knight story. oh and we have ff13vs 7. Halo 3 was overrated ridiculously, even lemmings say it is.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
[QUOTE="dream431ca"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Devs can make games for PS3 but they usually end up being delayed and not meeting hte hype.

AHUGECAT

Well Too Human is the king of delays. 10 years?? What about the score? 5.5?

That's one game, and MS is the only reason it was even finished (it was in development since 2004, btw, not 10 years).

Compared to the PS3's Killzone 2, inFamous, LBP, PS3 itself, Home, Heavenly Sword, Lair, MGS4, list goes on and on and on.

Everygame you listed (besides Lair) is a great game. I really don't see a problem. PS3 itself!?? LOL! TC, I thought there was no possible way for you to lower, but now you've not only hit rock bottom, you dug below it. Wow. 

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="dream431ca"]

Well Too Human is the king of delays. 10 years?? What about the score? 5.5?

dream431ca

That's one game, and MS is the only reason it was even finished (it was in development since 2004, btw, not 10 years).

Compared to the PS3's Killzone 2, inFamous, LBP, PS3 itself, Home, Heavenly Sword, Lair, MGS4, list goes on and on and on.

Everygame you listed (besides Lair) is a great game. I really don't see a problem. PS3 itself!?? LOL! TC, I thought there was no possible way for you to lower, but now you've not only hit rock bottom, you dug below it. Wow. 

Well at least we get our games on time. Remember all the "2007" MGS4 hype? Hahaha... anyways, PS3 was delayed from March 06 to November 06 and March 07 in Europe.

Sony_Narutendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Sony_Narutendo
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts

Lol, PS3? I hardly play mines, after play Uncharted(which was a good game) I have been playing my Wii for months, until I get a 360 on christmas. I'm not interested in Resistance, and I was hyped over LBP until I seen how sloppy the physics were.

LBP best platformer= LMAO! LBP is a glorified level creator, when you wan't platforming talk SMG, or Banjo. SMG carried the platformer by it's self last year, and this year the genre seems to be back on it's dying bed.

PS3's online is a joke... PS3 is nowher near as much fun as the 360's online. Me being a PS3 owner can tell you that, I played other peoples 360's for extended periods of time and I was wowed by how much you could actually do with the 360 and the better online community on 360. 

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 dream431ca

AHUGECAT

Well at least we get our games on time. Remember all the "2007" MGS4 hype? Hahaha... anyways, PS3 was delayed from March 06 to November 06 and March 07 in Europe.

Still going at it huh? Thread = Flaimbait.

desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#56 desyple
Member since 2008 • 1725 Posts

AHUGECAT

and that resulted in a 10.0 so.... yea, u fail.
WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#57 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

1. It (the PS3) is expensive So is the 360. Spending $50 a year adds up.

6. The controller has no rumble... wait now it does! Yea, it does have rumble. You're claiming it not having rumble in the past is a problem and then go on to say that "RROD is over, it doesn't matter"? Contradictory.

9. HOME has been delayed to the point MS has their answer to HOME already out Too bad it's inferior and not even close to HOME's potential.

10. It caused Sony to go from undisputed number 1 to undisputed last Undisputed last? You know what the Wii is, right?

13. Hardly any JRPGs But the 360 has tons, right?

16. Many of its games do not meet the hype (Lair comes to mind) A pro 360-thread in 2008 claiming all PS3 games flop? Too Human, Infinite Undiscovery, Fable II, Last Remnant, the list goes on forever... And that's just 2008.

18. LittleBigPlanet can get you in trouble if you make "tribute" levels Not anymore.

19. It has lost Square Enix support True, I'm missing out on great games like Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery.

28. PSN's community isn't as vibrant as LIVE's. I bet there are more people playing Halo 3 then all of PSN's population lol, you'd lose that bet mate.

30. Xbox 360 has Netflix You forgot to add "low quality" before Netflix.

31. Sony has delayed so many things, even the PS3 (originally was supposed to release March of 06), they even delayed it in Europe I'd prefer prefer a delay to laughably faulty hardware.

32. Its installs for games take forever and many of them are mandatory Forever? Try a few minutes, about the time it takes to find a match in Gears 2.

35. 360 has an answer to every game on the PS3 - Resistance 2 isn't as good as Halo 3 or Gears 2, LBP is a little better than Banjo but 360 has Fable II, and much more games. Valkria Chronicles = Fable II, Resistance 2 = Gears 2, Heavenly Sword = Ninja Gaiden, etc.

39. For the price of a PS3, you can get an Xbox 360, Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Banjo Kazooie N&B and Fable II. You love repeating the "expensive" argument. 

40. The Xbox 360 has a promising future with Alan Wake, Halo: ODST, Halo Wars, Ninja Blade, and many other games coming out. KZ 2, God of War III, Twisted Metal, etc...

41. Backward compatibility with the 360 with software updates, none for the PS3 Yet another repeat of an argument?

42. PS3 probably won't be $200 for a couple years ... Another repeat?

43. 360 has many more family oriented games now, such as SceneIt (which interested my mom), You're in the Movies and Banjo Kazooie. ...You're In the Movies? Shovelware anyone? LittleBigPlanet and Buzz TV rule out those other two.

45. Sony has tons of franchises they could use, but refuse to use them. Jak and Daxter, Twisted Metal, Sly Cooper, Syphon Filter, etc. etc. And they have created new franchises in their place. Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance etc.

46. More demos are on Xbox Live :roll:

51. Sony has turned many full featured games into either PSN games (such as Siren and Wipeout) or taken out features all together, such as single player (Warhawk) How is this a bad thing? You're right, making games more accessible to the consumer is bad.

52. Many of its games are shorter than they should be (such as Uncharted, Heavenly Sword and MGS4) Uncharted and MGS4 are not short.

53. PS3 doesn't have Halo 3. :lol:

Panther501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Panther501

AHUGECAT

but mgs4 scored AAAA. guess the delays were worth it. please save yourself some dignity and stop
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

19.Lost support means no games at all. As long as games are coming from them that equals support. Especially when its 2 huge titles.

26.Lame comeback and they are the same not one is better then the other

53.Opinion. I could say MGS4 owns everything on 360.

11. 360 controller is better at fps shooters,but that doesint equal bad for PS3 controller

All you did with your replay is show how much of a PS3 hater you are and just how funny the list is.

Panther501

19. When compared to the PS2, it might as well equal no support.

26. It's true. You'll never find trophy whores but GamerScore is addicting.

53. MGS4 can't even compare to Halo 3.

11. In the shooter gen, yeah, it does.

Top 7 reasons why ahugecat fails (I don't need 50) 1. haha mgs4 can't be compared to halo even though mgs4 beat halo in score. 2. the controller issue is purely biased. I find I play better with a ds3 than an xbox controller 3. mandatory trophies in 2009 so your whole argument about trophy's sucking is stupid. In honest comparison, gamerscore is just a number while we have pictures, number of trophies awarded, and the number of trophy's per certain difficulty (bronze, silver, gold, platinum) 4. and judging from you scores that you posted as your sig, you have an obvious bias against the ps3 which begs the question do you really have a ps3? common sense says ...... NO! and if you honestly do give me your psn tag 5. all of your jrpgs have scored 8.0 and lower and don't have anything higher than a AA on metacritic 6. on the other hand, we have VC which I hear is more badass than any xbox jrpg and white knight story. oh and we have ff13vs 7. Halo 3 was overrated ridiculously, even lemmings say it is.

1. Halo 3 did beat it in scores and is still being played worldwide. MGS4 is forgotten.

2. DualShock 3 isn't as ergonomic, and the triggers are embarassingly bad. It's like Sony said "Oh look let's copy the 360 again poorly like we always do!" and the SixAxis feature?

L.O.L!

3. GamerScore may just be numbers (there are pictures as well) but they are mandatory for every game, not just ones from 09 and GamerScore is more addictive than amount of trophies. Someone would rather have 15,000 gamerscore than 200 trophies. Proof? Look at all the gamerscore "cheaters" there are. Trophies are a joke and are late in the game. Sony isn't even trying anymore.

4. AHUGECAT is my PSN, but I am selling my PS3 today. I am going to buy Xbox 360 peripherals and games with the money.

5. At least the 360 has JRPGs out, plus LO is better than VC. WKC is going to flop while Sony doesn't get Final Fantasy exclusive anymore :)

7. Halo 3 is underrated. Lots of bandwagon haters.

Halo 3 has more players on LIVE than the entire PSN population.

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pimpshigity21
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

dream431ca

Did you forget what you were talking about?  He never said the games were bad, he just mentioned them because they were delayed or the developers had a hard time producing them.   Heck, when wasn't Home supped to be released last Christmas?

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 AHUGECAT

Panther501

but mgs4 scored AAAA. guess the delays were worth it. please save yourself some dignity and stop

It was only delayed because PS3 is hell to work with.

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 WAIW

AHUGECAT

There are 14 million PSN users.

Halo 3 has sold 10 million units.

Fail.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AHUGECAT

desyple

and that resulted in a 10.0 so.... yea, u fail.

Uh okay?

As I said, they were all delayed. There is nothing false or "opinion" about my statement.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dream431ca
[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

Pimpshigity21

Did you forget what you were talking about?  He never said the games were bad, he just mentioned them because they were delayed or the developers had a hard time producing them.   Heck, when wasn't Home supped to be released last Christmas?

Most developers have no trouble making PS3 games. Home was delayed, not because of the Cell, but because it's one of the most ambitious projects this gen.

Panther501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Panther501

40. The Xbox 360 has a promising future with Alan Wake, Halo: ODST, Halo Wars, Ninja Blade, and many other games coming out. KZ 2, God of War III, Twisted Metal, etc...

WAIW

Alan Wake = Delayed to oblivion, contradicts your argument about delayed ps3 games (we have heavy rain to counter it)

Halo: ODST = a rehashed version of halo 3 only to milk the franchise even more.

Halo Wars = a generic rts out****d by endwar, world in conflict, red alert 3

Ninja Blade = a ripoff of ninja gaiden

many other games = for example? 

desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 desyple

6. The controller has no rumble... wait now it does! Yea, it does have rumble. You're claiming it not having rumble in the past is a problem and then go on to say that "RROD is over, it doesn't matter"? Contradictory.

9. HOME has been delayed to the point MS has their answer to HOME already out Too bad it's inferior and not even close to HOME's potential.

10. It caused Sony to go from undisputed number 1 to undisputed last Undisputed last? You know what the Wii is, right?

16. Many of its games do not meet the hype (Lair comes to mind) A pro 360-thread in 2008 claiming all PS3 games flop? Too Human, Infinite Undiscovery, Fable II, Last Remnant, the list goes on forever... And that's just 2008.

18. LittleBigPlanet can get you in trouble if you make "tribute" levels Not anymore.

19. It has lost Square Enix support True, I'm missing out on great games like Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery.

28. PSN's community isn't as vibrant as LIVE's. I bet there are more people playing Halo 3 then all of PSN's population lol, you'd lose that bet mate.

31. Sony has delayed so many things, even the PS3 (originally was supposed to release March of 06), they even delayed it in Europe I'd prefer prefer a delay to laughably faulty hardware.

32. Its installs for games take forever and many of them are mandatory Forever? Try a few minutes, about the time it takes to find a match in Gears 2.

35. 360 has an answer to every game on the PS3 - Resistance 2 isn't as good as Halo 3 or Gears 2, LBP is a little better than Banjo but 360 has Fable II, and much more games. Valkria Chronicles = Fable II, Resistance 2 = Gears 2, Heavenly Sword = Ninja Gaiden, etc.

39. For the price of a PS3, you can get an Xbox 360, Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Banjo Kazooie N&B and Fable II. You love repeating the "expensive" argument. 

41. Backward compatibility with the 360 with software updates, none for the PS3 Yet another repeat of an argument?

43. 360 has many more family oriented games now, such as SceneIt (which interested my mom), You're in the Movies and Banjo Kazooie. ...You're In the Movies? Shovelware anyone? LittleBigPlanet and Buzz TV rule out those other two.

45. Sony has tons of franchises they could use, but refuse to use them. Jak and Daxter, Twisted Metal, Sly Cooper, Syphon Filter, etc. etc. And they have created new franchises in their place. Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance etc.

51. Sony has turned many full featured games into either PSN games (such as Siren and Wipeout) or taken out features all together, such as single player (Warhawk) How is this a bad thing? You're right, making games more accessible to the consumer is bad.

52. Many of its games are shorter than they should be (such as Uncharted, Heavenly Sword and MGS4) Uncharted and MGS4 are not short.

WAIW
lol to the whole list. this makes more sense than his list.
Panther501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Panther501
[QUOTE="Panther501"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

It was only delayed because PS3 is hell to work with.

and alan wake for the 360 isn't?
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

[QUOTE="knight-k"]I'll give you one reason why PS3 is superior. 360=RROD /threadPimpshigity21

Jasper will put and end to all your missinformation posts.

/to your posts

so was the elite and falcon. See where i'm going here
theMarshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 theMarshell
Member since 2008 • 602 Posts
Why is it that RROD comes up with the 360, you guys make it seem like MS just left us with the launch motherboard. If the RRod was so bad explain to me why people were still buying the 360 regradless of the RROD. Both consoles are great be happy witth what you have, don't be mad because someone doesn't agree witth your purchuse.
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 desyple
someone please make a list of 50 reasons why the ps3 is superior to the 360. or 50 reasons why the 360 fails or even 50 reasons why lemmings fail. this may sound fanboyish but i think its needed to counteract this thread and level the playing field. plus it would be funny as hell.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 AHUGECAT

WAIW

1. $4 a month is nothing.
6. Sony could've put rumble in but they were arrogant, and even lied about it.
9. HOME's potential? Hahaha...
10. Wii has sold twice than the PS3.
13. 360 has more than PS3.
16. We've had more games come out, thus more flops. PS3 has like 3 games worth TRYING this year. I remember when Sony's HOLIDAY line up had about a dozen games worth buying. Sad to see them fail so hard.
18. No, they still get deleted.
19. Better than anything on the PS3.
28. No, I would not.
30. It's an awesome feature. Better than PS3's low quality Blu-ray player.
31. Most 360 owners do not get faulty hardware. Plus what about DREs?
32. MGS4 is like 10 minutes for each install... disc switch plz.
35. VC is nothing compared to Fable II, Resistance 2 is nothing compared to Gears 2, and HS is about 2 hours.

Gears 2 sold more than Resistance 2 will EVER sale in its first DAY.
39. No. It's different.
40. Half those games won't come out in 2009.
41. No, it isn't.
43. LBP is not a Family game (considering nobody's buying it and it's too boring) and Buzz TV is a joke.
45. Crap, crap, crap. Those games didn't make the PlayStation brand a success, it was Sony's old franchises.
46. It's true.
51. They don't even take their own games seriously.
52. Uncharted is an 8 hour game (I beat it in 7hr 55min and I even searched for the hidden treasures), and MGS4 has little gameplay.
53. Halo 3 has sold more in the USA than the PS3. :lol:

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

WAIW

There are 14 million PSN users.

Halo 3 has sold 10 million units.

Fail.

How many are PS3 PSNs? Because everygame on the PS3 seems to be a Ghost Town.

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pimpshigity21
[QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]I'll give you one reason why PS3 is superior. 360=RROD /threadermacness

/to your posts

I can see where you are going, but you are missinformed.

The Elites where never supposed to fix the RROD.  From what I've read, the Falcon did reduce the number of RRODs, but granted, it did not eliminate them completely.

The Jasper should do the trick.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ermacness

You said it was a fact, therefore, your post = fail.

dream431ca

The PS3 has failed. Heck I own a PS3 but I am selling it today, I haven't played it in 29 days (after LBP came out). Very bad console.

The PS3 has failed? Hm? So according to one fanboy the PS3 has failed all over the world and Sony is giving up. What drugs are you on? Can I have some? Share the wealth!!

LOL!!!!!! tell me about it, especially since ps3 software in 08>>>the 360's software in 08 as far as reviews go
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"][QUOTE="dream431ca"]

dream431ca

Most developers have no trouble making PS3 games. Home was delayed, not because of the Cell, but because it's one of the most ambitious projects this gen.

Most developers DO have problems with the PS3, especially with the Unreal Engine. Konami had problems, Square Enix does, EA does... all big names.

It was delayed because it's impossible to do what they want to do on the PS3. I mean MS did a whole software reboot in 6 months...

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

WAIW

TC got owned :lol:

I came into this thread expecting to see a link to a site that did an in depth comparison but all i see is a load of fanboyish drivel 

Well i think its safe to say TC has lost all credibility on SW ( thats if he had any  to beginning with)

PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PS3nut
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts
[QUOTE="knight-k"]I'll give you one reason why PS3 is superior. 360=RROD /thread

1. It (the PS3) is expensive
2. Too many confusing SKUs
3. Lots of features dropped
4. No backward compatibility with PS2 for newer models
5. The CELL is hard to develop for
6. The controller has no rumble... wait now it does!
7. It tries to rip off Microsoft with the multiple SKU idea
8. Sony tried to rip off Nintendo with SIXAXIS
9. HOME has been delayed to the point MS has their answer to HOME already out
10. It caused Sony to go from undisputed number 1 to undisputed last
11. Controller is bad for FPS games
12. No exclusive WRPGs
13. Hardly any JRPGs
14. Most of its games are announced 3-5 years before actually coming out
15. Many of its games are delayed
16. Many of its games do not meet the hype (Lair comes to mind)
17. Even if they do meet the hype, they often fail when it comes to sales
18. LittleBigPlanet can get you in trouble if you make "tribute" levels
19. It has lost Square Enix support
20. Tekken 6 went multiplatform
21. It lost Ace Combat, Star Ocean, Tales of Vesperia and Katamari Damacy
22. Final Fantasy XIII went multiplatform
23. GTAIV went multiplatform AND none of the DLC
24. The graphics have not yet meet up the hype
25. Multiplat games look better on the Xbox 360
26. No achievements, trophy system is embarassing and only supported by like 5 games
27. PSN may be free but doesn't have all the great features LIVE has, plus LIVE is only like $4 a month
28. PSN's community isn't as vibrant as LIVE's. I bet there are more people playing Halo 3 then all of PSN's population
29. PS3 may have Blu-ray but you can stream 1080 movies on 360
30. Xbox 360 has Netflix
31. Sony has delayed so many things, even the PS3 (originally was supposed to release March of 06), they even delayed it in Europe
32. Its installs for games take forever and many of them are mandatory
33. The firmware updates take forever (some up to an hour) and can brick your PS3
34. Sony lost Assassin's Creed and GTAIV even though Ubisoft and Rockstar went to Sony first, but Sony denied them.
35. 360 has an answer to every game on the PS3 - Resistance 2 isn't as good as Halo 3 or Gears 2, LBP is a little better than Banjo but 360 has Fable II, and much more games.
36. 360 has more games, period. Yeah, the PS3 had 3 standout titles this year, but the 360 had dozens of good games that override those PS3 games 10fold.
37. Sony isn't going to developers this gen, they had a chance to team up with EPIC for a killer shooter to rival Gears, but Sony did not want to do it.
38. Gears of War, a Rockstar exclusive (not L.A. Noire or RDR2), an exclusive Bioware game, etc. etc. have all promised to come to the PS3 but never have and never will.
39. For the price of a PS3, you can get an Xbox 360, Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Banjo Kazooie N&B and Fable II.
40. The Xbox 360 has a promising future with Alan Wake, Halo: ODST, Halo Wars, Ninja Blade,  and many other games coming out.
41. Backward compatibility with the 360 with software updates, none for the PS3
42. PS3 probably won't be $200 for a couple years
43. 360 has many more family oriented games now, such as SceneIt (which interested my mom), You're in the Movies and Banjo Kazooie.
44. Gran Turismo 5 is probably, never coming out. Forza 3 is not only superior, but will probably be out before GT5.
45. Sony has tons of franchises they could use, but refuse to use them. Jak and Daxter, Twisted Metal, Sly Cooper, Syphon Filter, etc. etc.
46. More demos are on Xbox Live
47. As well as better arcade games (such as Braid and Castle Crashers)
48. More DLC for multiplats
49. Xbox 360 has good RTS, FPS, Platformers, Action Adventures, WRPGs, JRPGs, etc. etc. than the PS3. Overall a better package.
50. Xbox 360 has a better GPU
51. Sony has turned many full featured games into either PSN games (such as Siren and Wipeout) or taken out features all together, such as single player (Warhawk)
52. Many of its games are shorter than they should be (such as Uncharted, Heavenly Sword and MGS4)
53. PS3 doesn't have Halo 3.

To be fair, here are a few advantages the PS3 has:

KB/M support, Wifi standard, cheaper accessories, more hard drive options, more reliable and discs don't get scratched.

AHUGECAT
Read my latest thread, 360 Dashboard update is killing consoles.
Jean_rainier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 Jean_rainier
Member since 2004 • 517 Posts

alot of the points are true but are very minor. oh and have you even played LBP? your taking shots at it quite hard, and Banjo cant really compare to LBP. also gears 2 isnt better than resistance 2...IMO gears 1 was better than resistance 1 ofcourse, but not 2. halo may be the best shooter "ever", but id pass that any day for crysis. online community for 360 is superior but i hardly go online gaming for consoles anyway

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 dream431ca
[QUOTE="dream431ca"][QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"]

AHUGECAT

Most developers DO have problems with the PS3, especially with the Unreal Engine. Konami had problems, Square Enix does, EA does... all big names.

It was delayed because it's impossible to do what they want to do on the PS3. I mean MS did a whole software reboot in 6 months...

Making stuff up to get your point across? When are you gonna stop TC?

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Pimpshigity21

Panther,

Alan Wake is not delayed because the 360 is hell to work with.  Hell, if they were making that game for the PS3 it would probably take a couple of decades and and army of Nasa programmers to release a working title (and the 360 version would still be better :lol:  ).

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Pimpshigity21

dream431ca

Ignoring facts to get yours across...

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ermacness
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"]

/to your posts

Pimpshigity21

The Elites where never supposed to fix the RROD.  From what I've read, the Falcon did reduce the number of RRODs, but granted, it did not eliminate them completely.

WHAT YOU SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Theverydeepend
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts
you listed 50 reasons why the PS3 blows not really supporting 360. I am buying a console that I like, not buying a console because I don't like the other. I actually bought PS3 80gb Resistance 2 bundle NEW at amazon for 200 dollars. I think I got a good deal.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 dream431ca
[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

Pimpshigity21

Ignoring facts to get yours across...

Facts? He didn't provide any proof. Neither have you in this entire thread. 

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 WAIW

1. $4 a month is nothing.3 years x $50 = $150. $150 is not nothing, no matter what way you look at it.
10. Wii has sold twice than the PS3. Sales means quality? Sorry, no one else agrees with that.

13. 360 has more than PS3. Barely.

16. We've had more games come out, thus more flops. PS3 has like 3 games worth TRYING this year. I remember when Sony's HOLIDAY line up had about a dozen games worth buying. Sad to see them fail so hard. That wasn't part of your statement. You complained that the PS3 gets flops. Well, the 360 gets more ;)

19. Better than anything on the PS3. :lol: :lol: :lol:

28. No, I would not. 14 million PSN users > 10 million (at best) people who have bought Halo 3.

30. It's an awesome feature. Better than PS3's low quality Blu-ray player.Blu-ray players can be low quality?

31. Most 360 owners do not get faulty hardware. Plus what about DREs? DRE is a tiny tiny problem compared to RROD.

32. MGS4 is like 10 minutes for each install... disc switch plz. You consider a 10 minute install enough of a reason to get a 360 instead of a PS3?

35. VC is nothing compared to Fable II, Resistance 2 is nothing compared to Gears 2, and HS is about 2 hours. Gears 2 sold more than Resistance 2 will EVER sale in its first DAY. Someone's trying to play sales again, aren't they? GS scores are irrelevant on System Wars, right?

39. No. It's different. Not really.
40. Half those games won't come out in 2009. Half? You mean 1/3? Add White Knight Chronicles to the list then.

41. No, it isn't. OK.
43. LBP is not a Family game (considering nobody's buying it and it's too boring) and Buzz TV is a joke. Buzz TV is a joke but SceneIt is perfectly fine. OK.

45. Crap, crap, crap. Those games didn't make the PlayStation brand a success, it was Sony's old franchises. Good job on ignoring critical acclaim and positive fan response.

46. It's true. I didn't deny it.
52. Uncharted is an 8 hour game (I beat it in 7hr 55min and I even searched for the hidden treasures), and MGS4 has little gameplay. Alright, as long as you know you're in the minority.

53. Halo 3 has sold more in the USA than the PS3. :lol: Is that supposed to signify quality or something? Sorry, I'm new to System Wars.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 AHUGECAT

desyple

you honestly think ms came up with that idea 6 months ago, honestly because if you do you're either ignorant or naive. they just decided to announce it later and closer to release than sony would/did. i like both except for the fact that the nxe is not optional and home is optional.

MS announced it in July and it came out in November. Sony announced Home in March of 07 with an October release date but HOPEFULLY it'll come out in 2010. At least MS doesn't announce software 3 years before release (which is what they are doing for their 2009 line up - focus on the NOW, and then the future).

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Pimpshigity21

dream431ca

How do you know?  Do you personally know most developers making PS3 games.  I've read many articles that claim developers are having problems with the Cell.  Would you want me to believe you instead?  I mean, I will believe you if you are friends with most of the PS3 developers working in studios around the planet. If it turns out that you do not know them...I will have no choice but to believe the journalists who wrote those articles.

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Pimpshigity21
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"]

dream431ca

WHAT YOU SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! OWNED!! Lemmings have to lie to their points across. Pathetic.

Now that is what I call a reliable source.  LMFAO

Desperate cows at work here.

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts
what a terrible list half the stuff applies to both consoles, the rest of it is purely subjective. The PS3 doesn't have Halo 3!!! who cares? it's got good shooters instead
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#92 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
[QUOTE="knight-k"]I'll give you one reason why PS3 is superior. 360=RROD /thread

I agree. I laugh at all of you thinking jasper will be "the end". And what about those without jasper? Hmm? All it is is a smaller fab. Jeez.
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 desyple
[QUOTE="desyple"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

you honestly think ms came up with that idea 6 months ago, honestly because if you do you're either ignorant or naive. they just decided to announce it later and closer to release than sony would/did. i like both except for the fact that the nxe is not optional and home is optional.

MS announced it in July and it came out in November. Sony announced Home in March of 07 with an October release date but HOPEFULLY it'll come out in 2010. At least MS doesn't announce software 3 years before release (which is what they are doing for their 2009 line up - focus on the NOW, and then the future).

you do know that its been announced to be released this year right?? oh i see what you did there sarcasm.....
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 AHUGECAT

1. $4 a month is nothing.3 years x $50 = $150. $150 is not nothing, no matter what way you look at it.
10. Wii has sold twice than the PS3. Sales means quality? Sorry, no one else agrees with that.

13. 360 has more than PS3. Barely.

16. We've had more games come out, thus more flops. PS3 has like 3 games worth TRYING this year. I remember when Sony's HOLIDAY line up had about a dozen games worth buying. Sad to see them fail so hard. That wasn't part of your statement. You complained that the PS3 gets flops. Well, the 360 gets more ;)

19. Better than anything on the PS3. :lol: :lol: :lol:

28. No, I would not. 14 million PSN users > 10 million (at best) people who have bought Halo 3.

30. It's an awesome feature. Better than PS3's low quality Blu-ray player.Blu-ray players can be low quality?

31. Most 360 owners do not get faulty hardware. Plus what about DREs? DRE is a tiny tiny problem compared to RROD.

32. MGS4 is like 10 minutes for each install... disc switch plz. You consider a 10 minute install enough of a reason to get a 360 instead of a PS3?

35. VC is nothing compared to Fable II, Resistance 2 is nothing compared to Gears 2, and HS is about 2 hours. Gears 2 sold more than Resistance 2 will EVER sale in its first DAY. Someone's trying to play sales again, aren't they? GS scores are irrelevant on System Wars, right?

39. No. It's different. Not really.
40. Half those games won't come out in 2009. Half? You mean 1/3? Add White Knight Chronicles to the list then.

41. No, it isn't. OK.
43. LBP is not a Family game (considering nobody's buying it and it's too boring) and Buzz TV is a joke. Buzz TV is a joke but SceneIt is perfectly fine. OK.

45. Crap, crap, crap. Those games didn't make the PlayStation brand a success, it was Sony's old franchises. Good job on ignoring critical acclaim and positive fan response.

46. It's true. I didn't deny it.
52. Uncharted is an 8 hour game (I beat it in 7hr 55min and I even searched for the hidden treasures), and MGS4 has little gameplay. Alright, as long as you know you're in the minority.

53. Halo 3 has sold more in the USA than the PS3. :lol: Is that supposed to signify quality or something? Sorry, I'm new to System Wars.

WAIW

1. $150 is nothing when it's cut up into $4 a month. $4 a month isn't even change you find in your couch. It's nothing.
10. 360 beats the PS3 in sales AND quality.
13. Not really. PS3 has one JRPG out, while in the PS2's second year it had 50. 360 has about 15.
16. 360 doesn't get more. But anyways the ratio of good games to bad games for the PS3 is even worse than the Xbox, and that's saying something.
19. Halo 3 is one of the funnest games ever.
28. How many of those actually use it? How many for PS3? Why is every online PS3 game a Ghost Town?
30. Yes, same with PS2's DVD player. It's a barebones Blu-ray player.
31. DRE was a bigger problem than RROD.
32. Yes.
35. GS scores are equal but GameRankings (also owned by CNET) has Gears 2 up by 6%, and Gears 2 is simply a better shooter anyways. No one cares for Resistance 2. The sales have dropped off the planet, literally. 240,000 to 70,000 in a week? Wow.
39. Really.
40. WKC has also been delayed relentlesly, as have all PS3 games been. Thus, I have no reason to believe Twisted Metal (nothing on it) or GOW3 (which better make it in 2009 but probably won't because I don't think the devs can put so much awesome on the PS3 in a short amount of time).
41. No.
43. SceneIt is fun and based off a respected and popular brand name.
45. PS1 and PS2 were popular, PS3 is a joke. Sony needs to bring the franchises that made the PS1 and PS2 100 million sellers back.
46. Denial.
52. How can anyone take more than 10 hours on Uncharted (Normal mode)?
53. No, but Halo 3 is high quality. With that many sales and high scores (9.5 on GS for example), there must be something right.

Mudcake_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#95 Mudcake_Mad
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts
Bla bla bla bla bla. Everyone is talking crap. I dont care what console is better than what, i bought the one i wanted and liked. If i wanted better performance, yes,i d go for the ps3. However, i wanted a xbox. There is absolutely no point to fighting, when clearly both consoles have flaws and pros.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="desyple"] you honestly think ms came up with that idea 6 months ago, honestly because if you do you're either ignorant or naive. they just decided to announce it later and closer to release than sony would/did. i like both except for the fact that the nxe is not optional and home is optional.desyple

you do know that its been announced to be released this year right?? oh i see what you did there sarcasm.....

I do not trust Sony when it comes to release dates, especially when it concerns HOME.

desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 desyple
[QUOTE="desyple"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

I do not trust Sony when it comes to release dates, especially when it concerns HOME.

lol okay is you say so....:roll:
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 AHUGECAT

what a terrible list half the stuff applies to both consoles, the rest of it is purely subjective. The PS3 doesn't have Halo 3!!! who cares? it's got good shooters insteadMarloStanfield

What applies to the 360?

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="desyple"]you do know that its been announced to be released this year right?? oh i see what you did there sarcasm.....desyple

lol okay is you say so....:roll:

Sony said HOME would be out in October 2007, then it was delayed to Spring 08, then delayed to October 2008.

Home is vaporware.

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Pimpshigity21

The PS3 doesn't have Halo 3!!! who cares? it's got good shooters insteadMarloStanfield

Yeah?  It's a shame cows don't buy them.