3DS vs PSVita; Pro/Con List.

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts

Help me add to this pro/con list comparing the 3DS to the PSVita. Any reasonable pro/cons will be added. And anything to do with software doesn't count. I'm specifically comparing hardware. Let's try and keep this as fair as possible.

Vita;

Pro-
OLED screen
Multi touch
Rear touch pad
Dual analog sticks
Better Ram (512MB Ram and 256MB VRam, unless the downgraded rumours are true, which means it's 256MB Ram and 128MB VRam)
Better CPU (4-core 2GHz)
Better GPU (SGX543MP4+)
Higher resolution

Con-
OLED technology with low life expectancy (especially with the Blue in the RGB balance)
No stylus compatibility
Fingers will block screen view
Uses propriety Sonymedia storage (up to 32GB)
Lower Game Cartridge storage (up to 4GB announced)

3DS;

Pro-
Glasses-less 3D
LCD screens with high life expectancy
Dual screens
3D Camera
Uses SecureDigital (SD) Cards
Higher Game Cartridge storage (up to 8GB announced)

Con-
No multitouch
No dual analog sticks
Small 3D viewing angle
Worse Ram (128MBRam and 4MB VRam)
Worse CPU (Dual 266MHz)
Worse GPU (Pica 200)
Lower resolution

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

PsVita only for me

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts

PS Vita. I can't think of any pros or cons at the moment.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 riariases
Alright, so OLED screens are both good and bad. They offer more vivid colours and they also reduce battery usage because they offer internal lighting without the need for a backlight, but they also have a lower life expectancy. They die in approx. 5 years while LCD screens last up to approx. 15 years. but that 5 years means 5 years running, as in 1825 days, or 43 800 hours.
Jackopeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Jackopeng
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts
I dont understand any of the con's for the vita, Fingers block the view? Worse GPU? No Stylus? i'm sorry but what? am confused :(
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
the vita will be stylus compatible..... and how does it have a worse gpu?
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

I dont understand any of the con's for the vita, Fingers block the view? Worse GPU? No Stylus? i'm sorry but what? am confused :(Jackopeng

Actually I'm lost too especially the GPU part xD.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I dont understand any of the con's for the vita, Fingers block the view? Worse GPU? No Stylus? i'm sorry but what? am confused :(Jackopeng
I don't know what you're talking about, the list was pretty easy to understand...
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 riariases
How? The Vita's GPU has a lower clockspeed than the 3DS's GPU and no special architecture (that has been announced atleast). It's 200MHz (Vita) vs 400MHz (3DS). But apparently Nintendo has capped the PICA 200 at 200MHz for the 3DS but can still be utilized. And the PSVita isn't compatible with a stylus. Most multitouch devices aren't, except for expensive business handhelds. Haven't you ever tried using a stylus on an iPhone/iPod Touch or an Android Phone? And when you're thumbs are stretched over the PSVita's touchscreen, it's obviously gonna be blocking off some of your view. Come on, how is any of that not fair?
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I cant think of one pro for the 3DS.

3DS Cons;

Useless 3D display in just about every respect .

Crippled controls due to missing second analog stick.

Poorer than poor battery life.

Crappy games which include all the N64 3D rehashes , and Mario, and Zelda. It will become a low budget third party dumping ground like the Wii.

Kind of ugly

Way over-priced for the cheap low budget tech it offers compared to the Vita.

PS Vita is all Pros which are too numerous to list.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 riariases
the vita will be stylus compatible..... and how does it have a worse gpu?stereointegrity
Because of it's clockspeed. Damn, how is any of this confusing to people? And no, the PSVita is multitouch compatible. Jeeze, go grab an iPod Touch. Billions of people have them so I'm sure you can find one. Now try and poke it with a pen or a stylus or something. Anything happening? Yeah, I thought so.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 riariases

3DS Cons;

Crappy games which include all the N64 3D rehashes , and Mario, and Zelda. It will become a low budget third party dumping ground like the Wii.

Kind of ugly

Videodogg

K, I covered all of those excpet the battery life because we don't know the PSVita's battery life. And I said software doesn't count. This is a hardware comparison.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

3DS Cons;

Kind of ugly

Videodogg

Like watered down PS3 ports right?

I don't hate any system, but all these 3DS haters are posting just for the sake of hating.

Jackopeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jackopeng
[QUOTE="Jackopeng"]I dont understand any of the con's for the vita, Fingers block the view? Worse GPU? No Stylus? i'm sorry but what? am confused :(riariases
How? The Vita's GPU has a lower clockspeed than the 3DS's GPU and no special architecture (that has been announced atleast). It's 200MHz (Vita) vs 400MHz (3DS). But apparently Nintendo has capped the PICA 200 at 200MHz for the 3DS but can still be utilized. And the PSVita isn't compatible with a stylus. Most multitouch devices aren't, except for expensive business handhelds. Haven't you ever tried using a stylus on an iPhone/iPod Touch or an Android Phone? And when you're thumbs are stretched over the PSVita's touchscreen, it's obviously gonna be blocking off some of your view. Come on, how is any of that not fair?

Right first of all clockspeed doesnt matter that much unless both gpu's are similar, the Vita is using Nvidias tegra 2 chipset while the 3DS is using a Digital Media Professionals chipset, the tegra 2 is alot more powerful and allows the vita to do alot more and is alot more power efficient, i still dont get your point about your fingers getting in the way and you cant really make a claim on stylus compatibility until the vita is released.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

[QUOTE="Videodogg"]

3DS Cons;

Kind of ugly

93BlackHawk93

I don't hate any system, but all these 3DS haters are posting just for the sake of hating.

I am a hater because i was a owner. I bought a launch unit. My reaction to the 3DS was overwhelmingly negative after using it for two weeks. I gave it a shot, The system is a junk pile.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 riariases
Okay, here are some sources that the PSVita's GPU, which is an an SGX543MP4+, is clocked at 200MHz. http://egglets.com/news/2011/01/28/id-51851/sony-ngp-gpu-sgx543mp4-powervr-chipsets-series5xt-sgxmp-are-multi-core-sgx/ http://www.gamespot.com/news/6287063/sony-ngp-processor-performance http://www.awn.com/blogs/press-start/sony-announces-new-psp-playstation-store-android Also the PSVita's CPU is optimized for 800MHz but is capable of 2GHz (read the Gamespot article provided as a source). And the 3DS's GPU is optimized for 200MHz but capable of 400MHz.
BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"]the vita will be stylus compatible..... and how does it have a worse gpu?riariases
Because of it's clockspeed. Damn, how is any of this confusing to people? And no, the PSVita is multitouch compatible. Jeeze, go grab an iPod Touch. Billions of people have them so I'm sure you can find one. Now try and poke it with a pen or a stylus or something. Anything happening? Yeah, I thought so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_myth

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 riariases
[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="Jackopeng"]I dont understand any of the con's for the vita, Fingers block the view? Worse GPU? No Stylus? i'm sorry but what? am confused :(Jackopeng

Right first of all clockspeed doesnt matter that much unless both gpu's are similar, the Vita is using Nvidias tegra 2 chipset while the 3DS is using a Digital Media Professionals chipset, the tegra 2 is alot more powerful and allows the vita to do alot more and is alot more power efficient, i still dont get your point about your fingers getting in the way and you cant really make a claim on stylus compatibility until the vita is released.

Can you provide a source indicating how the PSVita has a superior GPU? Otherwise we're just going by clockspeed and by what we all know so far. But if you can tell us what the Fill Rate and the PPS of the SGX543MP4+ is then sure. And how can you not get it? But your thumbs on your monitor/screen. See how you can't see under your thumbs? I don't know about you but the rest of us don't have transparent limbs. Good for you though.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Worse GPU (200MHz SGX543MP4+)

riariases

That is most definitely not true.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 riariases

[QUOTE="riariases"]

Teufelhuhn

Come on, yes it is. I provided proof. You just made a statement based upon no facts and expect people to believe you.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

[QUOTE="riariases"]

riariases

Come on, yes it is. I provided proof. You just made a statement based upon no facts and expect people to believe you.

Because you're blatantly wrong. And everybody's aware of that.

Jackopeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jackopeng
[QUOTE="Jackopeng"][QUOTE="riariases"] How? The Vita's GPU has a lower clockspeed than the 3DS's GPU and no special architecture (that has been announced atleast). It's 200MHz (Vita) vs 400MHz (3DS). But apparently Nintendo has capped the PICA 200 at 200MHz for the 3DS but can still be utilized. And the PSVita isn't compatible with a stylus. Most multitouch devices aren't, except for expensive business handhelds. Haven't you ever tried using a stylus on an iPhone/iPod Touch or an Android Phone? And when you're thumbs are stretched over the PSVita's touchscreen, it's obviously gonna be blocking off some of your view. Come on, how is any of that not fair?riariases

Can you provide a source indicating how the PSVita has a superior GPU? Otherwise we're just going by clockspeed and by what we all know so far. But if you can tell us what the Fill Rate and the PPS of the SGX543MP4+ is then sure. And how can you not get it? But your thumbs on your monitor/screen. See how you can't see under your thumbs? I don't know about you but the rest of us don't have transparent limbs. Good for you though.

Lololol fail sarcasm, didnt sony put a touchscreen on the back of the vita? And this is why casual trolls are a fail, clock speed doesnt matter thats like saying a ATI Radeon HD 5770 @ 4800mhz will beat a ATI Radeon HD 6770 @ 4200mhz.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12388 Posts

Worst GPU ? Vita has a quad core GPU with each core clocked at 200Mhz.

EDIT- Vita also doesn't use Memory Stick Pro Duos, it uses some sort ofproprietarymemory card similiar to SD cards.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 riariases
[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="Jackopeng"] Right first of all clockspeed doesnt matter that much unless both gpu's are similar, the Vita is using Nvidias tegra 2 chipset while the 3DS is using a Digital Media Professionals chipset, the tegra 2 is alot more powerful and allows the vita to do alot more and is alot more power efficient, i still dont get your point about your fingers getting in the way and you cant really make a claim on stylus compatibility until the vita is released.Jackopeng

Lololol fail sarcasm, didnt sony put a touchscreen on the back of the vita? And this is why casual trolls are a fail, clock speed doesnt matter thats like saying a ATI Radeon HD 5770 @ 4800mhz will beat a ATI Radeon HD 6770 @ 4200mhz.

No, Sony put a touchpad on the back of the Vita. It's like a large laptop mouse pad. and I'm comparing by clockspeed because i can't really find any indepth information on the Vita's GPU. No pipeline depth, PPI, fill rate, etc. If anyone can find that...
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
The deal breaker for me is games. Vita has Uncharted, which is the only one that interests me. 3DS has a lot more software lined up for it.
sentrygman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sentrygman
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

[QUOTE="riariases"]

riariases

PlayStation Vita SGX543MP4 (four cores) 134M polygons/s, fill rates in excess of 4Gpixels/sec @200 MHz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PowerVR_products#Series5XT_.28SGXMP.29 Clock 200 MHz [7](max. clock frequency 400 MHz @65 nm[2]) pixel performance: 800 Mpixel/s[7] (400 Mpixel/s @100 MHz[2])(1600 Mpixel/s@400 MHZ) vertex performance: 15.3 Mpolygon/s[7] (40Mtriangle/s @100 MHz[2])(160Mtriangle/s @400 MHz) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PICA200 134 M polygons/s for PS Vita vs 15.3 M polygons/s for the 3DS. This isn't everything and I may be misinterpreting some of it but I think its fair to say the PS Vita has the 3DS beat.
jasper061992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 jasper061992
Member since 2006 • 1152 Posts

[QUOTE="Jackopeng"][QUOTE="riariases"] How? The Vita's GPU has a lower clockspeed than the 3DS's GPU and no special architecture (that has been announced atleast). It's 200MHz (Vita) vs 400MHz (3DS). But apparently Nintendo has capped the PICA 200 at 200MHz for the 3DS but can still be utilized. And the PSVita isn't compatible with a stylus. Most multitouch devices aren't, except for expensive business handhelds. Haven't you ever tried using a stylus on an iPhone/iPod Touch or an Android Phone? And when you're thumbs are stretched over the PSVita's touchscreen, it's obviously gonna be blocking off some of your view. Come on, how is any of that not fair?riariases

Oh my god. The ignorance is unbearable. Not only is the Vita's GPU quad core, the 3DS long before it's launch has been confirmed to be using a 200Mhz Pica chip. Not 400Mhz. That likely would have pushed hardware costs well past Nintendo's liking, let alone resulting in a 30minute battery life.

Besides, as said before the clockspeed of a CPU/GPU is one of the least important measurings of a CPU's power. Been proven since Intel's power hungry, hot, overclocked Pentium 4's still got smashed by the slower clocked Athlon CPUs that were competing with them.

I suggest you do your homework before posting another similar thread to this again.

Jackopeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jackopeng
[QUOTE="Jackopeng"][QUOTE="riariases"]Can you provide a source indicating how the PSVita has a superior GPU? Otherwise we're just going by clockspeed and by what we all know so far. But if you can tell us what the Fill Rate and the PPS of the SGX543MP4+ is then sure. And how can you not get it? But your thumbs on your monitor/screen. See how you can't see under your thumbs? I don't know about you but the rest of us don't have transparent limbs. Good for you though.riariases

No, Sony put a touchpad on the back of the Vita. It's like a large laptop mouse pad. and I'm comparing by clockspeed because i can't really find any indepth information on the Vita's GPU. No pipeline depth, PPI, fill rate, etc. If anyone can find that...

I can still use the touchpad just like i can on the touchscreen...and your just being annoying now, go take a look at the tegra 2
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shinrabanshou

Oh my god. The ignorance is unbearable. Not only is the Vita's GPU is quad core, the 3DS long before it's launch has been confirmed to be using a 200Mhz Pica chip. Not 400Mhz. That likely would have pushed hardware costs well past Nintendo's liking.

jasper061992

IIRC it may also be underclocked anyway.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 riariases

[QUOTE="riariases"]

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

sentrygman

PlayStation Vita SGX543MP4 (four cores) 134M polygons/s, fill rates in excess of 4Gpixels/sec @200 MHz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PowerVR_products#Series5XT_.28SGXMP.29 Clock 200 MHz [7](max. clock frequency 400 MHz @65 nm[2]) pixel performance: 800 Mpixel/s[7] (400 Mpixel/s @100 MHz[2])(1600 Mpixel/s@400 MHZ) vertex performance: 15.3 Mpolygon/s[7] (40Mtriangle/s @100 MHz[2])(160Mtriangle/s @400 MHz) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PICA200 134 M polygons/s for PS Vita vs 15.3 M polygons/s for the 3DS. This isn't everything and I may be misinterpreting some of it but I think its fair to say the PS Vita has the 3DS beat.

I dunno, that's about good. It says more in the link anyways. Might as well change it now. But thanks for actually giving a source instead of just saying whatever.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

Alright, so OLED screens are both good and bad. They offer more vivid colours and they also reduce battery usage because they offer internal lighting without the need for a backlight, but they also have a lower life expectancy. They die in approx. 5 years while LCD screens last up to approx. 15 years. but that 5 years means 5 years running, as in 1825 days, or 43 800 hours.riariases

So no real disadvantage? Which would explain why those screens are the very best in mobile phones?

Edit: Also, what about the GPUs? Providing specs are fine but it says nothing about actual performance... Try comparing equal Ati and Nvidia boards by specs alone...

Edit: Personally, I perceive the Vita to exceed DS3D in power by more than trivial margins. The psp was actually pretty amazing itself, just a shame it was killed off before being properly introduced.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="Videodogg"]

3DS Cons;

Kind of ugly

93BlackHawk93

Uncharted VIta sure did not look every bit as good as Uncharted PS3,but it has better controls touch screen and many other things,seeing Uncharted Vita as a water down PS3 game,when the Vita has capabilities the PS3 doesn't have is silly,you can use touch screen on PS3,or a touch back pad,the Vita has even cross game chat one of the so call most wanted features on PS3 and love by many 360 fans.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12388 Posts

[QUOTE="Jackopeng"][QUOTE="riariases"]Can you provide a source indicating how the PSVita has a superior GPU? Otherwise we're just going by clockspeed and by what we all know so far. But if you can tell us what the Fill Rate and the PPS of the SGX543MP4+ is then sure. And how can you not get it? But your thumbs on your monitor/screen. See how you can't see under your thumbs? I don't know about you but the rest of us don't have transparent limbs. Good for you though.riariases

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6287063/sony-ngp-processor-performance

"At 200MHz core frequency an SGX543MP4 (four cores) will deliver 133 million polygons per second and fill rates in excess of 4Gpixels/sec."

sentrygman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sentrygman
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts

[QUOTE="riariases"]Alright, so OLED screens are both good and bad. They offer more vivid colours and they also reduce battery usage because they offer internal lighting without the need for a backlight, but they also have a lower life expectancy. They die in approx. 5 years while LCD screens last up to approx. 15 years. but that 5 years means 5 years running, as in 1825 days, or 43 800 hours.Filthybastrd

So no real disadvantage? Which would explain why those screens are the very best in mobile phones?

Edit: Also, what about the GPUs? Providing specs are fine but it says nothing about actual performance... Try comparing equal Ati and Nvidia boards by specs alone...

Check out my post above. 134 M polygons/s for Vita. 15.3 M polygons/s for 3DS.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 riariases

[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="Jackopeng"] Right first of all clockspeed doesnt matter that much unless both gpu's are similar, the Vita is using Nvidias tegra 2 chipset while the 3DS is using a Digital Media Professionals chipset, the tegra 2 is alot more powerful and allows the vita to do alot more and is alot more power efficient, i still dont get your point about your fingers getting in the way and you cant really make a claim on stylus compatibility until the vita is released.jasper061992

Oh my god. The ignorance is unbearable. Not only is the Vita's GPU quad core, the 3DS long before it's launch has been confirmed to be using a 200Mhz Pica chip. Not 400Mhz. That likely would have pushed hardware costs well past Nintendo's liking, let alone resulting in a 30minute battery life.

Besides, as said before the clockspeed of a CPU/GPU is one of the least important measurings of a CPU's power. Been proven since Intel's power hungry, hot, overclocked Pentium 4's still got smashed by the slower clocked Athlon CPUs that were competing with them.

I suggest you do your homework before posting another similar thread to this again.

Yeah, chill out. I already mentioned how the PICA 200 was capped at 200MHz but is capable of 400MHz, and Sony capped the 2GHz CPU at 800MHz as well.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

[QUOTE="Filthybastrd"]

[QUOTE="riariases"]Alright, so OLED screens are both good and bad. They offer more vivid colours and they also reduce battery usage because they offer internal lighting without the need for a backlight, but they also have a lower life expectancy. They die in approx. 5 years while LCD screens last up to approx. 15 years. but that 5 years means 5 years running, as in 1825 days, or 43 800 hours.sentrygman

Check out my post above. 134 M polygons/s for Vita. 15.3 M polygons/s for 3DS.

Sorry, that's pretty much what I meant. Vita is obviously a superior piece of hardware.

jasper061992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jasper061992

[QUOTE="sentrygman"][QUOTE="riariases"]

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

riariases

Might as well change it now. But thanks for actually giving a source instead of just saying whatever.

You couldn't have simply looked it up yourself instead of spouting false so called facts and in the process, mouthing off to everyone that attemped to correct you when you were wrong? :roll:

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 riariases
[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="Jackopeng"] Lololol fail sarcasm, didnt sony put a touchscreen on the back of the vita? And this is why casual trolls are a fail, clock speed doesnt matter thats like saying a ATI Radeon HD 5770 @ 4800mhz will beat a ATI Radeon HD 6770 @ 4200mhz.Jackopeng

I can still use the touchpad just like i can on the touchscreen...and your just being annoying now, go take a look at the tegra 2

You're not going to be using the touchpad the same as the touchscreen. Do you use your mouse pad the same as you would if your monitor/screen was touchscreen? No.
Jackopeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jackopeng
[QUOTE="Jackopeng"][QUOTE="riariases"] No, Sony put a touchpad on the back of the Vita. It's like a large laptop mouse pad. and I'm comparing by clockspeed because i can't really find any indepth information on the Vita's GPU. No pipeline depth, PPI, fill rate, etc. If anyone can find that...riariases

You're not going to be using the touchpad the same as the touchscreen. Do you use your mouse pad the same as you would if your monitor/screen was touchscreen? No.

Well yeah cause i what i do is i drag my finger across my monitor and the mouse cursor follows it :) I love how you changed the Vita con's to Uses Memory Stick Pro Duo and upto 4gb Memory...i'm sorry but gonna need a source on that because i thought sony had'nt confirmed they're new storage media yet?
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 riariases

[QUOTE="riariases"]

[QUOTE="sentrygman"] Come on, yes it is. I provided proof. You just made a statement based upon no facts and expect people to believe you.

jasper061992

Might as well change it now. But thanks for actually giving a source instead of just saying whatever.

You couldn't have simply looked it up yourself instead of spouting false so called facts and in the process, mouthing off to everyone that attemped to correct you when you were wrong? :roll:

This is getting annoying having to defend myself in a gaming forum. Honestly, you all need to step it down a notch. It's just video games. And I wasn't mouthing off to anyone. I was asked for a source of information. But no, you're right. Questioning is mouthing off.

jasper061992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jasper061992

[QUOTE="jasper061992"]

[QUOTE="riariases"]Can you provide a source indicating how the PSVita has a superior GPU? Otherwise we're just going by clockspeed and by what we all know so far. But if you can tell us what the Fill Rate and the PPS of the SGX543MP4+ is then sure. And how can you not get it? But your thumbs on your monitor/screen. See how you can't see under your thumbs? I don't know about you but the rest of us don't have transparent limbs. Good for you though.riariases

Yeah, chill out. I already mentioned how the PICA 200 was capped at 200MHz but is capable of 400MHz, and Sony capped the 2GHz CPU at 800MHz as well.

I don't think you mentioned that before.

Sony certainly never revealed the CPU clockspeed yet. Where did you get this one from?

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Alright, so OLED screens are both good and bad. They offer more vivid colours and they also reduce battery usage because they offer internal lighting without the need for a backlight, but they also have a lower life expectancy. They die in approx. 5 years while LCD screens last up to approx. 15 years. but that 5 years means 5 years running, as in 1825 days, or 43 800 hours.riariases
Not really relevant, but considering the life expectancy of LCD's I was surprised when my 5 year old monitor died on me, it was really cool to watch, and the fact it happened infront of me was amazing.

--------

I think the Vita's better, I mean.. w/o a doubt it's better hardware wise, but also it's got dual analog, so it can control better and, it looks like it has more interesting games. Also '3d', doesn't seem too useful...

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 riariases
[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="Jackopeng"] I can still use the touchpad just like i can on the touchscreen...and your just being annoying now, go take a look at the tegra 2Jackopeng

Well yeah cause i what i do is i drag my finger across my monitor and the mouse cursor follows it :) I love how you changed the Vita con's to Uses Memory Stick Pro Duo and upto 4gb Memory...i'm sorry but gonna need a source on that because i thought sony had'nt confirmed they're new storage media yet?

There you go, 'bud'. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/292005/news/sony-ngp-storage-medium-detailed/ http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/ngp-games-will-use-2gb-and-4gb-cards/
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shinrabanshou

This is getting annoying having to defend myself in a gaming forum. Honestly, you all need to step it down a notch. It's just video games. And I wasn't mouthing off to anyone. I was asked for a source of information. But no, you're right. Questioning is mouthing off.

riariases

You provided factually incorrect information, without any sources, as well as several opinion based cons, and then proceeded to question the validity of correction from anyone with more information and/or ability to google.

The Vita doesn't use Memory Stick Duos.

jasper061992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jasper061992

[QUOTE="jasper061992"]

[QUOTE="riariases"] Might as well change it now. But thanks for actually giving a source instead of just saying whatever. riariases

When you were first called out for your errors in your first post in this thread, you could have rechecked what you wrote by looking on the internet, and corrected your post, but instead you chose to backlash at those that proved you wrong. Your right, I worded mouthing off wrong, you disregarded anyone that proved you wrong by bringing up the "show me the sauces!!" card. It's what ignorant people do. You could have spared this, but you ignored.

Now watch me as I am about to be accused of attacking him...:roll:

Jackopeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jackopeng
[QUOTE="Jackopeng"][QUOTE="riariases"]You're not going to be using the touchpad the same as the touchscreen. Do you use your mouse pad the same as you would if your monitor/screen was touchscreen? No.riariases

There you go, 'bud'. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/292005/news/sony-ngp-storage-medium-detailed/ http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/ngp-games-will-use-2gb-and-4gb-cards/

Aww cheers babes :) Heres a source for you http://www.t3.com/news/sony-playstation-vita-storage-media-pictured?=57487 Storage all the way upto 32gb :D
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 riariases

[QUOTE="riariases"]

[QUOTE="jasper061992"]

jasper061992

I don't think you mentioned that before.

Sony certainly never revealed the CPU clockspeed yet. Where did you get this one from?

"How? The Vita's GPU has a lower clockspeed than the 3DS's GPU and no special architecture (that has been announced atleast). It's 200MHz (Vita) vs 400MHz (3DS). But apparently Nintendo has capped the PICA 200 at 200MHz for the 3DS but can still be utilized. And the PSVita isn't compatible with a stylus. Most multitouch devices aren't, except for expensive business handhelds. Haven't you ever tried using a stylus on an iPhone/iPod Touch or an Android Phone? And when you're thumbs are stretched over the PSVita's touchscreen, it's obviously gonna be blocking off some of your view. Come on, how is any of that not fair?"

-9th post in the forum.

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/tech-specs/

Uses an ARM® Cortex™- A9 core (4 core). Capacity of 2GHz.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6287063/sony-ngp-processor-performance

But weren't you just saying how clockspeed doesn't matter?

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 riariases

[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="Jackopeng"] Well yeah cause i what i do is i drag my finger across my monitor and the mouse cursor follows it :) I love how you changed the Vita con's to Uses Memory Stick Pro Duo and upto 4gb Memory...i'm sorry but gonna need a source on that because i thought sony had'nt confirmed they're new storage media yet?Jackopeng

Aww cheers babes :) Heres a source for you http://www.t3.com/news/sony-playstation-vita-storage-media-pictured?=57487 Storage all the way upto 32gb :D

Those aren'tt game cartridges, those are basically the new Memory Stick Pro Duos. And still, I'm sure SD will be cheaper. Sony likes to used proprietive formats that are more expensive than the alternative SD. That article also says they look like standard microSD cards which means they could still use an adapter for Memory Stick Pro Duo compatibility.

Jackopeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jackopeng
[QUOTE="Jackopeng"][QUOTE="riariases"] There you go, 'bud'. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/292005/news/sony-ngp-storage-medium-detailed/ http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/ngp-games-will-use-2gb-and-4gb-cards/riariases

Those aren'tt game cartridges, those are basically the new Memory Stick Pro Duos. And still, I'm sure SD will be cheaper. Sony likes to used proprietive formats that are more expensive than the alternative SD.

I didn't say they were game cartridges? :S They look similar to Pro Duo's and that's about all we know, they may have extra security or something of which we don't know, I love how your opinion is fact :)