3DS refund row hits Nintendo! Nintendo are DoOmEd!! D00M3D!!!

• 198 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

Thousands upon millions of people are asking for a refund on the 3ds according to the Sun.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3509635/Furious-dad-who-got-ill-playing-Nintendo-3DS-for-3-MINUTES-is-denied-a-full-refund.html

Its also apparant that the 3DS is just a new DS console. Maxconsole.com also said that without the 3D that this device is little more than a DS.

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Scoob64
Member since 2008 • 2635 Posts

Thousands upon millions of people are asking for a refund on the 3ds according to the Sun.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3509635/Furious-dad-who-got-ill-playing-Nintendo-3DS-for-3-MINUTES-is-denied-a-full-refund.html

Its also apparant that the 3DS is just a new DS console.

Dibdibdobdobo

bad news for Nintendo- but i'm sure they'll be fine and this thing will still sell well.

killzoneded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 killzoneded
Member since 2011 • 486 Posts

Cant you just turn 3D off for all games ?

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dibdibdobdobo

killzoneded
Correct.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#6 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Do these people not know that the 3DS has nearly the same power as the Gamecube?

Once Resident Evil and Metal Gear or heck Star Fox and Zelda hit the System Kids will be asking their Parents to buy them a 3DS again just to play it and the Parents will be like "We just sold it back and now you want it again?"

EDIT: Wow...just reading the comments. "It's just another Expensive DS." Just like how the DS was an Expensive Gameboy Advance? Please...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#7 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
The Sun? Seriously, who listens to that tabloid? Aren't these the same guys who said that the 3DS is just a DS with 3D tacked on?
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I've never understood why people buy handhelds in the first place. I had the original Gameboy when I was like 9 and the GameGear a few years later and the got tired of handhelds. Paying all that money to play outdated games vs. what you could get on consoles didn't make sense to me when I was like 12.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
its a joke right up there with the power glove.
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

I was holding out until the next iteration to buy a 3DS but I'll never use the 3D gimmick & mainly wanted one at the moment to play the DS games I've missed. I might just buy a DS once the trade in deals are gone & the price crashes. To me, this is a good sign. Despite whether or not the 3DS does well in it's lifespan, this may make Nintendo think twice before implementing gimmicks, & perhaps even begin to revert back to the basics.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

I played some 3DS 2 days ago.It was okay.

I'm still gonna wait for another version.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#12 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41575 Posts
The Sun? Seriously, who listens to that tabloid? Aren't these the same guys who said that the 3DS is just a DS with 3D tacked on?charizard1605
Some SW goers said that too.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dibdibdobdobo

I've never understood why people buy handhelds in the first place. I had the original Gameboy when I was like 9 and the GameGear a few years later and the got tired of handhelds. Paying all that money to play outdated games vs. what you could get on consoles didn't make sense to me when I was like 12. KC_Hokie

Out dated games?! Arent we playing pretty much the same games as we have done since last gen with a better paint job on consoles?! When the Consoles have some good JRPG's which are comparable to what the PSP and DS i'll believe you. When Consoles have a more variation in games than handhelds i'll beleive you. Oops you dont know anything about Handhelds so it explains your bad assumption.

killeracer0210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 killeracer0210
Member since 2009 • 1475 Posts

Here is the better way to prevent getting headache: when u play it in 3D, the time starting to get headache just switch into 2D.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]I've never understood why people buy handhelds in the first place. I had the original Gameboy when I was like 9 and the GameGear a few years later and the got tired of handhelds. Paying all that money to play outdated games vs. what you could get on consoles didn't make sense to me when I was like 12. Dibdibdobdobo
Out dated games?! Arent we playing pretty much the same games as we have done since last gen with a better paint job on consoles?! When the Consoles have some good JRPG's which are comparable to what the PSP and DS i'll believe you. When Consoles have a more variation in games than handhelds i'll beleive you.

I stopped reading when you started talking about JRPGs.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]I've never understood why people buy handhelds in the first place. I had the original Gameboy when I was like 9 and the GameGear a few years later and the got tired of handhelds. Paying all that money to play outdated games vs. what you could get on consoles didn't make sense to me when I was like 12. KC_Hokie
Out dated games?! Arent we playing pretty much the same games as we have done since last gen with a better paint job on consoles?! When the Consoles have some good JRPG's which are comparable to what the PSP and DS i'll believe you. When Consoles have a more variation in games than handhelds i'll beleive you.

I stopped reading when you started talking about JRPGs.

So you ignored that DS and PSP has more variation in titles and me speaking about JRPG's. Yay another Hypocrite on SW's. How do you know the games are out-dated or are not worth playing when you know nothing about either device or the games?!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]The Sun? Seriously, who listens to that tabloid? Aren't these the same guys who said that the 3DS is just a DS with 3D tacked on?nintendoboy16
Some SW goers said that too.

So we know which people we aren't supposed to take seriously.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
its a joke right up there with the power glove.daveg1
Sarcasm?
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

MILLIONS OF PEOPLE!!!

Dude it hasn't even reached 3 million yet.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SuperFlakeman

The Sun? Seriously, who listens to that tabloid? Aren't these the same guys who said that the 3DS is just a DS with 3D tacked on?charizard1605

Right on :P

"Being told to turn off the 3D is insulting, Without it, the gadget is a more expensive version of the previous DS"

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Nintendo will do fine but will it attian the same level of success as past handhelds i don't think so. Nintendo kinda dropped the ball on the 3ds they fused a psp with a ds(one slide nub and touchscreen with a similar level of graphics) and added a glassless 3d effect the only new input is the gyroscope built into the console. The ngp on the other looks to innovative and add alot of room for developers to create games that you couldn't have done in on the past in handhelds with the dual analog sticks,Multitouch screen on the front and a multitouch trackpad on the back amd a six axis motion sensor built in combined with alot more horsepower allowing for bigger and more detialed games with more stuff going on at once onscree and likely won't end up costing much more if at all then the 3DS.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dibdibdobdobo

MILLIONS OF PEOPLE!!!

Dude it hasn't even reached 3 million yet.

SuperFlakeman

HELL YEAH!!! exaguration FTW.

By Christmas the Nintendo 3DS will be blamed for people having tumours!!

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

[QUOTE="killzoneded"]

Dibdibdobdobo

Correct.

But the main feature of the 3DS is 3D. Switching the 3D off just kills the point of the 3DS, right?

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SuperFlakeman

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="killzoneded"]

fend_oblivion

Correct.

But the main feature of the 3DS is 3D. Switching the 3D off just kills the point of the 3DS, right?

That logic should then be applied to PS2, PS3, Xbox 360 and Gamecube because those where merely buffed up versions of their previous console gens.

Stereo 3D enhances the graphics, but nothing else. It's cool but not mandatory for gameplay, at least Nintendo stated that devs have to make their stereo 3D enabled games "2D"-friendly so that people who are unable- or do not wish, to use the stereo 3D effect can still fully play them.

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

new pokemon 3D? sell millions of handhelds

sherlock99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#27 sherlock99
Member since 2005 • 1600 Posts

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/296827/news/nintendo-dismisses-the-suns-3ds-refund-row-report/

Nintendo Refutes Claims of Widespread 3DS Headaches - 3DS News @ Nintendo Life

Lynchpin of tabloid sensationalism The Sun has recently kicked up a fuss over the Nintendo 3DS, claiming thousands of users have suffered headaches and dizziness as a result of using the machine, but have been refused refunds at retailers. Now Nintendo UK has stepped in to respond, a spokesperson stating: Recent reports are incorrect. The number of calls and emails with queries on Nintendo 3DS is in fact well below the rate experienced during past hardware launches and having spoken with our retail partners there are only a handful of people who have actually gone into stores to request a refund. Nintendo 3DS was designed with a 3D depth slider that lets users adjust the 3D effect so that everyone can still enjoy this product. When viewing any kind of 3D images, including movies and on TV, some people might experience minor discomfort. The effects are short term and have no lasting effect; most people can continue after taking a break. Customers with any concerns should contact their local Nintendo Customer Support via www.nintendo.co.uk or on 0870 6060247. Of course, it's the retailer's choice whether or not to refund a console, not Nintendo's, but such issues are minor trivialities to The Sun, whose readers make comments such as: I can't believe they would make this sort of product aimed at children. Most kids aren't going to switch off the 3D mode. I think Nintendo should recall this product and consumers should be offered a refund. Now I know the health implications I wouldn't dream of buying one for my kids. You stay ****.

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

Guess they should've known to just turn the 3D off. Saying it's just a DS with 3D tacked on means they don't know much about the 3DS and shouldn't have bought one in the first place. Same as those that bought a PSP Go and complained that it didn't support UMDs when it was advertised and well known that it didn't. Got to research the product better before shelling out the cash. Some people never learn.

sherlock99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sherlock99
why would anyone read this tabloid trash.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
I doesn't say anything about thousands of millions of people, it has a story about two morons who bought it and refunded it.
DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

LOL! The Sun... just... LOL!

PA_DUTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 PA_DUTCH
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

I've never understood why people buy handhelds in the first place. I had the original Gameboy when I was like 9 and the GameGear a few years later and the got tired of handhelds. Paying all that money to play outdated games vs. what you could get on consoles didn't make sense to me when I was like 12. KC_Hokie
I've never understood why games would not want to game outside the house, say on a airplane for example. But you figured that one out all by yourself at the age of 12. Well don't worry you have not missed any great DS or PSP games. Just keep chasin' them graphics. BTW why are you paying all that money to play outdated games on consoles when you could use a PC? How a game is outdated on the PSP or 3DS or DS i'm not sure but i bet your figured that one out too about a decade ago

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

I believe it. I went to wal-mart about 6 days ago and played the demo kiosk I couldn't look at the 3d screen for more then 20 seconds before my eyes started to hurt *got nausea soon after* the 3d slider worked but what idiot at nintendo decided on a slider? it is completely impossible to remember the exact 3d setting you have, it should have been up and down buttons you can actually remember 5 presses up or down a slider was a stupid choice its 3ds I didn't even try playing it in 2d theres no real point in gettting a 3ds and then playing it in 2d for 250 bucks.

gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamespot4life
Member since 2007 • 1301 Posts

I played the 3DS for only 5 mins yesterday the other day and my eyes were hurting..... I hope Nintendo goes down for this *coughandthewiicoughcough*

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
I realized something the other day. Motion didn't sell the Wii. WII SPORTS sold the friggin Wii. Without a killer title the 3DS is just fancy tech with nowhere to go. I don't mean it needs ports of Zelda or Starfox. It also doesn't need console games like Resident Evil. It needs a game that you don't want to imagine NOT playing in 3D. A game that is only possible BECAUSE of the 3D slider on the 3DS. Until that comes along...this could be Nintendo's second dud in the world of hand held gaming. Making all the same mistakes as the Virtual Boy. All flash...no games.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bread_or_Decide

I believe it. I went to wal-mart about 6 days ago and played the demo kiosk I couldn't look at the 3d screen for more then 20 seconds before my eyes started to hurt *got nausea soon after* the 3d slider worked but what idiot at nintendo decided on a slider? it is completely impossible to remember the exact 3d setting you have, it should have been up and down buttons you can actually remember 5 presses up or down a slider was a stupid choice its 3ds I didn't even try playing it in 2d theres no real point in gettting a 3ds and then playing it in 2d for 250 bucks.

WilliamRLBaker
Slider is also pretty flimsy. For 250 you expect parts on the thing to feel sturdier.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#37 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Somebody seems to be keen on fighting this 3DS thing with bad publicity. I can only think of two companies who would want to do that.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

Its also apparant that the 3DS is just a new DS console. Maxconsole.com also said that without the 3D that this device is little more than a DS.

Dibdibdobdobo

The writer of that article appears to be well-verse in the art of "making [stuff] up".

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bread_or_Decide

Somebody seems to be keen on fighting this 3DS thing with bad publicity. I can only think of two companies who would want to do that.

KungfuKitten
It's doing a good job of getting bad publicity on it's own. 3D being bad for little kids. People complaining about their eyes hurting. Plenty of 'em sitting on the shelf. Worst launch line up in ages.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

Slider is also pretty flimsy. For 250 you expect parts on the thing to feel sturdier.

I noticed that too its very loose...
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="killzoneded"]

fend_oblivion

Correct.

Not really. While 3D is the most highly touted feature, there are many other differences that seperate it from previous models.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

With a source that is basically the equivalent of The Onion if it didn't make clear it was a parody? Yeah, sure.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#44 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
I didn't know this was like The Onion. Got me good.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"] Correct.dzimm

Not really. While 3D is the most highly touted feature, there are many other differences that seperate it from previous models.

1.no real differences actually except its more expensive. 2.um no 3d is the main feature...hence its called the..3DS

True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 True_Chaos_UK
Member since 2010 • 2570 Posts

The Sun is a terrible news paper and likes to make up stories.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Bread_or_Decide

[QUOTE="dzimm"]

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]

WilliamRLBaker

1.no real differences actually except its more expensive. 2.um no 3d is the main feature...hence its called the..3DS

I can't believe the company that created the Wii and the DS would make all of the mistakes of the PSP. And even then...the PSP had a way better launch line up.

sherlock99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sherlock99
I wouldn't be surprised to see a lawsuit soon against the sun.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

I was holding out until the next iteration to buy a 3DS but I'll never use the 3D gimmick & mainly wanted one at the moment to play the DS games I've missed. I might just buy a DS once the trade in deals are gone & the price crashes. To me, this is a good sign. Despite whether or not the 3DS does well in it's lifespan, this may make Nintendo think twice before implementing gimmicks, & perhaps even begin to revert back to the basics.

Twin-Blade
They won't know what works unless they try it. And if they don't try it then people will criticize Nintendo for milking the DS by releasing another "Expensive DS", and now that they do put some innovation into their handheld people criticize them for releasing a gimmick. Is there a middle ground anywhere? Does middle ground exist or will that be criticized for not moving forward fast enough?
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17870 Posts
did you just quote the sun tc? i take it your joking.