3D dot game heros:GT review

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

^lol

from the looks of the video,any retro fan that wanted a tribute will just have to get this game ,and its also only $40and plus about 16/22 hours.It doesnt take intself seriously,like gaming was back in 19's :)

i dont think it will sell alot in UK/EU,maybe about 300k in U.S (not too bad) and maybe more in Japan

Also,i think a solid 7/7.5 will be the score in GS..if not,im really surprised

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
This game makes my wants for a traditional 2D Zelda on the DS even bigger. >_>
Avatar image for Vinegar_Strokes
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vinegar_Strokes
Member since 2010 • 3401 Posts

i would like to play a demo. i think that would be all i needed to get it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
Member since 2008 • 2058 Posts

this game comes at a great price and it also features a unique old school gameplay. people are gonna love it.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
Score: 8.0 sorry if old
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8283 Posts

Vinegar_Strokes
It plays exactly like Zelda, does it really need a demo :P
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vinegar_Strokes
[QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"]

Sollet

it plays exactly like zelda did 20 years ago. not sure i fancy 40 hours of that. as much as i loved that stuff 20 years ago it think the novelty would were off after an hour or 2
Avatar image for Chemical_Viking
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Chemical_Viking
Member since 2010 • 2145 Posts

This looks absolutely brilliant. They couldn't really justify giving it anything over 8 because of what it is but that's no bad thing. Shameless copy or not it is getting bought.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sollet
[QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"][QUOTE="Sollet"][QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"]

it plays exactly like zelda did 20 years ago. not sure i fancy 40 hours of that. as much as i loved that stuff 20 years ago it think the novelty would were off after an hour or 2

Then this game clearly isn't for you. This game is a homage to 20 years of gaming (8bit era 80-90s).
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Okay, so it's a parody.That's cool, I like a game with a sense of humor. I also liked that Demon Souls reference. :P

Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vinegar_Strokes
[QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"][QUOTE="Sollet"] It plays exactly like Zelda, does it really need a demo :PSollet

Then this game clearly isn't for you. This game is a homage to 20 years of gaming (8bit era 80-90s).

yeah i get that. i just think once the novelty of the homage wears off then all your left with is a game with very dated gameplay
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sollet

[QUOTE="Sollet"][QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"] it plays exactly like zelda did 20 years ago. not sure i fancy 40 hours of that. as much as i loved that stuff 20 years ago it think the novelty would were off after an hour or 2Vinegar_Strokes

yeah i get that. i just think once the novelty of the homage wears off then all your left with is a game with very dated gameplay

So you can't enjoy Zelda 8bit or Zelda LttP anymore?

Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vinegar_Strokes

[QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"][QUOTE="Sollet"] Then this game clearly isn't for you. This game is a homage to 20 years of gaming (8bit era 80-90s).Sollet

So you can't enjoy Zelda 8bit or Zelda LttP anymore?

no i don't think i could. not 40 hours of it anyway. maybe 30 mins of nostalgia.

SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SilentlyMad
Member since 2009 • 2093 Posts

[QUOTE="Sollet"][QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"]

Vinegar_Strokes

The funny thing is if this was a Zelda game on the Wii it would be called rehash and unoriginal. I agree with you though games back then were fun because that is all there was but tech has advanced. I liked Donkey Kong the first one and Space Invaders at one time but I do not want to play that now either.

Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"][QUOTE="Sollet"] It plays exactly like Zelda, does it really need a demo :PSilentlyMad

The funny thing is if this was a Zelda game on the Wii it would be called rehash and unoriginal. I agree with you though games back then were fun because that is all there was but tech has advanced. I liked Donkey Kong the first one and Space Invaders at one time but I do not want to play that now either.

If it were on the wii it would be called Mario Zelda clone...that or it wouldnt sell.

SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SilentlyMad
Member since 2009 • 2093 Posts

[QUOTE="SilentlyMad"]

[QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"] it plays exactly like zelda did 20 years ago. not sure i fancy 40 hours of that. as much as i loved that stuff 20 years ago it think the novelty would were off after an hour or 2Chemical_Viking

If it were on the wii it would be called Mario Zelda clone...that or it wouldnt sell.

Wouldn't sell? The Wii has better software sales then the PS3. Also you lost me on the Mario thing since the game is not like a Mario game at all. Also Zelda's home is on the Nintendo. I said if Nintendo released this game but with Zelda as the lead it would be bashed as a rehash and unoriginal.

Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

[QUOTE="SilentlyMad"]The funny thing is if this was a Zelda game on the Wii it would be called rehash and unoriginal. I agree with you though games back then were fun because that is all there was but tech has advanced. I liked Donkey Kong the first one and Space Invaders at one time but I do not want to play that now either.

SilentlyMad

Wouldn't sell? The Wii has better software sales then the PS3.

Yes. For games like wii music and carnival games. Third party sales for decent games don't go that well.

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts
This game makes my wants for a traditional 2D Zelda on the DS even bigger. >_>IronBass
its called spirit track and phantom hourglass
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 farnham

[QUOTE="SilentlyMad"][QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

Chemical_Viking

Wouldn't sell? The Wii has better software sales then the PS3.

Yes. For games like wii music and carnival games. Third party sales for decent games don't go that well.

uh.. actually wii thirdparty sales are higher then ps3 softwaresales (first and thirdparty included) overall
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sollet
[QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

Wouldn't sell? The Wii has better software sales then the PS3.SilentlyMad

uh.. actually wii thirdparty sales are higher then ps3 softwaresales (first and thirdparty included) overall

This game isn't possible on the wii! Oh snap! jk :P
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 farnham

[QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

Sollet

yeah sure... because 3D Dot heroes looks soo advanced and great it can only be played on HD systems right.>?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-63f6895020e66
its called spirit track and phantom hourglassfarnham
They are not traditional (stylus, way too linear) and they are not 2D (graphic-wise).
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#23 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Good score. I look forward to Giant Bomb's review/podcast discussions on this. I have a feeling they'll really dig it.
This game makes my wants for a traditional 2D Zelda on the DS even bigger. >_>IronBass
For sure, but what I want is more in the vein of Minish Cap 2 with high-res sprites. Call up Capcom again and see if they're game.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
[QUOTE="IronBass"]This game makes my wants for a traditional 2D Zelda on the DS even bigger. >_>farnham

Those games don't exactly follow the traditional 2D Zelda that well. Too many new gameplay elements. Plus can't play them on big screen.
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 farnham

[QUOTE="farnham"] uh they are 2D gameplay wise.. and there is no difference in its structure compared to zelda LttP or Zelda Minishcap for that matter..

[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"][QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="IronBass"]This game makes my wants for a traditional 2D Zelda on the DS even bigger. >_>IronBass

Those games don't exactly follow the traditional 2D Zelda that well. Too many new gameplay elements. Plus can't play them on big screen.

he said DS sheesh.. if you want 2D zelda on your big screen play 4 swords adventures

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-63f6895020e66
For sure, but what I want is more in the vein of Minish Cap 2 with high-res sprites. Call up Capcom again and see if they're game.Cherokee_Jack
Hell yeah, that's exactly what I meant. Also I adored Four Swords Adventures. I'd like something like it, (same grahics, effect, etc) for designed with a single player in mind.
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sollet

[QUOTE="Sollet"][QUOTE="farnham"] uh.. actually wii thirdparty sales are higher then ps3 softwaresales (first and thirdparty included) overallfarnham

yeah sure... because 3D Dot heroes looks soo advanced and great it can only be played on HD systems right.>?

Relax it was a joke no need to get grumpy.
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 farnham
[QUOTE="farnham"] its called spirit track and phantom hourglassIronBass
They are not traditional (stylus, way too linear) and they are not 2D (graphic-wise).

uh they are 2D gameplay wise.. and there is no difference in its structure compared to zelda LttP or Zelda Minishcap for that matter..
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 farnham
[QUOTE="farnham"]

[QUOTE="Sollet"] This game isn't possible on the wii! Oh snap! jk :PSollet

no really. if its not HD its not worth to be played. it is a truth that you cant deny. even crappy games are AAAs if they are in HD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-63f6895020e66
and there is no difference in its structure compared to zelda LttP or Zelda Minishcap for that matterfarnham
The open-world feeling is completely destroyed by the ship and the train. It could have a menu-map for selecting each area and it would have the same feeling. >_> It would be less tedious, so that actually may have worked better.
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sollet

[QUOTE="Sollet"][QUOTE="farnham"] yeah sure... because 3D Dot heroes looks soo advanced and great it can only be played on HD systems right.>?

farnham

no really. if its not HD its not worth to be played. it is a truth that you cant deny. even crappy games are AAAs if they are in HD

Uhm, what? Oh I see, yer grumpy because the Wii hasn't had an AAAE since Brawl on GS right?

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 farnham
[QUOTE="farnham"]and there is no difference in its structure compared to zelda LttP or Zelda Minishcap for that matterIronBass
The open-world feeling is completely destroyed by the ship and the train. It could have a menu-map for selecting each area and it would have the same feeling. >_> It would be less tedious, so that actually may have worked better.

id agree with the train .. but you can move freely with the ship ...
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 farnham

[QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="Sollet"] Relax it was a joke no need to get grumpy.Sollet

Uhm, what? Oh I see, yer grumpy because the Wii hasn't had an AAAE since Brawl on GS right?

Who cares about gamespot scores..? Im just saying that HD is the only criteria that decides if a game is good or not
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sollet
[QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="Sollet"]

no really. if its not HD its not worth to be played. it is a truth that you cant deny. even crappy games are AAAs if they are in HDfarnham

Who cares about gamespot scores..? Im just saying that HD is the only criteria that decides if a game is good or not

Really now? There's plenty of bad HD games this gen.
mgkennedy5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 mgkennedy5
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
This game actually looks really sweet
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 farnham

[QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="Sollet"] Uhm, what? Oh I see, yer grumpy because the Wii hasn't had an AAAE since Brawl on GS right?

Sollet

not as bad as non HD games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-63f6895020e66
id agree with the train .. but you can move freely with the ship ...farnham
After you've drawn a path with the stylus. >_>
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sollet

[QUOTE="Sollet"][QUOTE="farnham"] Who cares about gamespot scores..? Im just saying that HD is the only criteria that decides if a game is good or notfarnham

But you cannot deny the fact that unfortunenatly the Wii gets most shovelware games this gen.
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 farnham
[QUOTE="farnham"] id agree with the train .. but you can move freely with the ship ...IronBass

better then changing the wind all the time with the wind song
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 farnham
[QUOTE="farnham"]

[QUOTE="Sollet"] Really now? There's plenty of bad HD games this gen.Sollet

But you cannot deny the fact that unfortunenatly the Wii gets most shovelware games this gen.

the wii as well as every console before HD cosoles consist of shovelware games exclusively because nothing can compare to the crispness of HD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-63f6895020e66
better then changing the wind all the time with the wind songfarnham
Not at all. It took the actual control from the player.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#42 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
[QUOTE="farnham"] id agree with the train .. but you can move freely with the ship ...IronBass

And then you can travel through the ocean, jumping over fences and shooting at fish as you move between little models that represent the completely enclosed islands you can land on. Screw that.
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 farnham
[QUOTE="farnham"]better then changing the wind all the time with the wind songIronBass
Not at all. It took the actual control from the player.

yeah but it was a lot better then the sailing in windwaker which took like 10 minutes to go from one place to another and required you to change direction through a song all the time.. it was so frustrating that at the point you had the warping ability most of the players never looked back sailing was the main complaint a lot of people had about windwaker (aside of kiddy graphics, triforce hunt, only 4 dungeons and the general issues of the game)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-63f6895020e66
And then you can travel through the ocean, jumping over fences and shooting at fish as you move between little models that represent the completely enclosed islands you can land on. Screw that.Cherokee_Jack
Indeed. Adding that to a proven formula like Zelda's is the kind of decisions that simply do not make sense at all.
yeah but it was a lot better then the sailing in windwaker which took like 10 minutes to go from one place to another and required you to change direction through a song all the time.. it was so frustrating that at the point you had the warping ability most of the players never looked back sailing was the main complaint a lot of people had about windwaker (aside of kiddy graphics, triforce hunt, only 4 dungeons and the general issues of the game)farnham
Despite its failures, WW never took the control from the player. Having control > not having control. That's why WW is way better.
Helghast_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Helghast_Merc
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts

The game looks very interesting. I am definitely gonna give this game a try when it is released.

toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
Waiting :P
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sayonara89
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts
Great score! :)
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
They need to bring this to the 360.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

Can't wait for this. My most hyped game for the summer next to Birth by Sleep.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
They need to bring this to the 360.SaltyMeatballs
Silicon Studio said they would do a 360 port if they could find another publisher in Japan (From Software did the publishing not developing) but even then it wouldn't come stateside as Atlus wouldn't publish the game twice.