360vs.ps3 onlin3!!??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pDbOy_26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pDbOy_26
Member since 2006 • 619 Posts
Is the 360 online truely that much better? Or does the ps3 have a fighting chance? Does the 360 run circles around the ps3? Is the ps3 online competitive? fun? and lag free?

Please someone with experiance on both systems answer this question.

Thanks
The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_Gimp07
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

Is the 360 online truely that much better? Or does the ps3 have a fighting chance? Does the 360 run circles around the ps3? Is the ps3 online competitive? fun? and lag free?

Thanks
pDbOy_26

I have both 360 and PS3.

And i can tell you with out a doubt 100% PS3 online STINKS.

Yes Yes YESSSSSSSSSS 360 runs circles around anything Sony has to offer and what Sony offers is POOP compared to Live. Anyone that says other wise has never had Xbox Live or has BUMPED there head and needs to go to the doctors.

pDbOy_26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pDbOy_26
wow! i will take that comment into consideration, anyother comments out there????

Please i will take as many as possible!
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
360 has so many more features online, its no comparison

then again, you get what you pay for, and you have to pay for XBL ($50 per year), but i dont mind, because it is an amazing online experience
goodknight_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 goodknight_13
Member since 2006 • 585 Posts

[QUOTE="pDbOy_26"]Is the 360 online truely that much better? Or does the ps3 have a fighting chance? Does the 360 run circles around the ps3? Is the ps3 online competitive? fun? and lag free?

Thanks
The_Gimp07

I have both 360 and PS3.

And i can tell you with out a doubt 100% PS3 online STINKS.

Yes Yes YESSSSSSSSSS 360 runs circles around anything Sony has to offer and what Sony offers is POOP compared to Live. Anyone that says other wise has never had Xbox Live or has BUMPED there head and needs to go to the doctors.

thats the truth *waits for some cow to bring up Home*
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

360 has so many more features online, its no comparison

then again, you get what you pay for, and you have to pay for XBL ($50 per year), but i dont mind, because it is an amazing online experience
hockeyruler12
Agreed. 

Maintaining voice chat between games is one of many cool features. I was online almost all day yesterday with some friends playing different games without losing contact when we switched to something different..

odamkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 odamkevin
Member since 2005 • 436 Posts
xbl>pso
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
TO play a game, there the same, and you could say for big buget games, PS3 online will have less lag, and once Home comes out, theyll be the same. Its a misconception that XBL is some incredible online service, its everything you get on the PC.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts

[QUOTE="hockeyruler12"]360 has so many more features online, its no comparison

heretrix

Agreed.

Maintaining voice chat between games is one of many cool features. I was online almost all day yesterday with some friends playing different games without losing contact when we switched to something different..

Yea, and here on pc we pay... 0$ for better online. Wow.
Matrixfart2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Matrixfart2005
Member since 2005 • 1856 Posts
PSN is still in it's infancy and is thus lacking in features and content compared to XBL. The flipside is that PSN is free while still delivering lag-free gaming, while XBL costs a fee each year in order to play games.

The biggest difference is that XBL is a unified structure and they have achievements. PSN is not unified yet, but with Home that is set to change in time. At the moment XBL is ahead, but in time it will not be able to justify it's fee in comparison to PSN which was, is and will remain free.
chaotzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chaotzu
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts
Can somebody please break down the differences other than "Live is better cause I said so?"  For instance, does PSO has more lag than XBL?  Do you lose connections on games?
goodknight_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 goodknight_13
Member since 2006 • 585 Posts
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="hockeyruler12"]360 has so many more features online, its no comparison

coolguy1111

Agreed.

Yea, and here on pc we pay... 0$ for better online. Wow.

hes comparing pso to xbl
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
Can somebody please break down the differences other than "Live is better cause I said so?" For instance, does PSO has more lag than XBL? Do you lose connections on games?chaotzu
Those are unanswerable questions. On a bad connection, you'll get lag and lost connections with both online networks. PSN is free though. I like free.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
Can somebody please break down the differences other than "Live is better cause I said so?" For instance, does PSO has more lag than XBL? Do you lose connections on games?chaotzu

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/features/goodasgold.htm

the lag issue has yet to be determined

some say PSN has less lag, however, i barely ever experience lag on XBL, and i have a somewhat bad wireless connection
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
TO play a game, there the same, and you could say for big buget games, PS3 online will have less lag, and once Home comes out, theyll be the same. Its a misconception that XBL is some incredible online service, its everything you get on the PC.coolguy1111
this man speaketh the truth, but at the moment XBL is the more rounded service
pDbOy_26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pDbOy_26
Seems a lot of people have many differen't opinions, I wnat more!!!!!!
The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Gimp07
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

Seems a lot of people have many differen't opinions, I wnat more!!!!!!
pDbOy_26

Listen do yourself a favor and don't listen to the comments of the Sony fans that have never even played on Live like the ones on here that are saying lag free and stuff. First of all not even all the games on PS3 have online. Seconed of all Lag is caused by connection of each player for say some who have DSL mess up a game becuase they have a slow connection. Dom't be foole by these Sony only fans and don't even have Live they will do and say anything to convince you and themselfs that PS online is good IT'S not. There is a few games that have ok online in some games of Sony''s online but they are far and few. And don't be fooled again with the Home feature Sony has planned it's nothing more then and interactive advertising chat room. And 3rd of all there is already game ALREADY that have dropped COMPLETE online functions due to the developer having to be stuck with the cost of running the servers. Does Virtua Tennis 3 ring a bell a once touted PS3 exclusive now has no online and catch this the 360 version does. Oh and catch this also Theres a playible demo already on Live.

Fourth of all. Xbox Live offer a PLETHRA of entertainment like movies tv shows clips video's Xbox Live arcade. And all these arcade games on Live are all online and fully coop with your friends. Ok and if you want brand new demo's released all the time to play well yes you get this all the time on Live. Oh and all movies and tv shows and stuff can all be seen in HD if you choose.

It's a FACT that Sony will never be close to what Live is now and will continue to evolve and saty  the cream of the crop. Why you say it's MS they are the computer Giant of the world. Sony can not and never will touch them on this.

So it sounds like you want to be sold on getting a 360 but wanted answers on Live and it seems you looking for good online. You would be a fool to not by a 360 you will be BLOWN AWAY BY LIVE. And these sony fans that want to tell you other wise is only becuase they want to convince themselfs that there free generic service is good becuase that's all they know.

Avatar image for fivegreenaliens
fivegreenaliens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fivegreenaliens
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts
i dont know why everyone thinks home is the XBL killer...home and ps3 games online are two different things really...its ahrd to get hyped up about home when they cant even nail basic communication tools reguardless of what game your playing or w/e your doing on your machine