360: last place finisher after 2008?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TruthSeeker777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TruthSeeker777
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

I have already posted this on the 360 page but would like to hear what more people think:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out this article and see what you think: http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/levelup/archive/2007/10/15/bizarre-bungie-bioware-flee-microsoft-what-does-it-all-mean.aspx

My thoughts:

While Halo 3 broke sales records by selling over 3 million copies in the span of two weeks, exactly how many more 360s will be sold on account of Halo 3 and Mass Effect between now and this holiday season? Microsoft will probably have a strong holiday season; however it does not appear to have many big selling exclusive titles besides Halo Wars for 2008 (I honestly don't think Banjo will help sell that many systems).

Microsoft has lost studios which used to produce blockbuster games exclusively for Xbox 360. The departure of Bungie (Halo series), EA's acquisition of BioWare/Pandemic (Mass Effect, Jade Empire), and Activision's acquisition of Bizarre Creations (Project Gotham Racing series) indicate a troubling trend for Microsoft since it is highly unlikely these studios will make many exclusive titles for Microsoft in the future. If EA can port Mass Effect to the PS3, they will (anyone know more about the details surrounding the BioWare/Pandemic deal?). At best, Mass Effect sequels will be multiplatform once Microsoft's contract with BioWare expires.

Gears of War II will be an Xbox exclusive, but after that it is unlikely Gears of War III will NOT go multiplatform (hello PS3).

Will Ninja Gaiden II be a system seller (can someone tell me how many copies Ninja Gaiden on Xbox sold?) and achieve God of War-like success? I am skeptical but hope so! Maybe if they make it easier for non-hardcore gamers like GoW?

I believe Xbox 360 is in a bad long-term position. Besides Halo, Microsoft does not hold the rights for any system-selling IPs. When Sony gets the ball rolling, which I think will happen this spring with MGS4 (and later Final Fantasy XIII), along with other hot exclusive titles, Xbox 360 will likely become a last place finisher.

What are your thoughts? What can Microsoft do to ensure long-term success?

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

I have already posted this on the 360 page but would like to hear what more people think:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out this article and see what you think: http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/levelup/archive/2007/10/15/bizarre-bungie-bioware-flee-microsoft-what-does-it-all-mean.aspx

My thoughts:

While Halo 3 broke sales records by selling over 3 million copies in the span of two weeks, exactly how many more 360s will be sold on account of Halo 3 and Mass Effect between now and this holiday season? Microsoft will probably have a strong holiday season; however it does not appear to have many big selling exclusive titles besides Halo Wars for 2008 (I honestly don't think Banjo will help sell that many systems).

Microsoft has lost studios which used to produce blockbuster games exclusively for Xbox 360. The departure of Bungie (Halo series), EA's acquisition of BioWare/Pandemic (Mass Effect, Jade Empire), and Activision's acquisition of Bizarre Creations (Project Gotham Racing series) indicate a troubling trend for Microsoft since it is highly unlikely these studios will make many exclusive titles for Microsoft in the future. If EA can port Mass Effect to the PS3, they will (anyone know more about the details surrounding the BioWare/Pandemic deal?). At best, Mass Effect sequels will be multiplatform once Microsoft's contract with BioWare expires.

Gears of War II will be an Xbox exclusive, but after that it is unlikely Gears of War III will NOTgo multiplatform (hello PS3).

Will Ninja Gaiden II be a system seller (can someone tell me how many copies Ninja Gaiden on Xbox sold?) and achieve God of War-like success? I am skeptical but hope so! Maybe if they make iteasier for non-hardcore gamerslike GoW?

I believe Xbox 360 is in a bad long-term position. Besides HaloMicrosoft does not hold the rights for any system-selling IPs. When Sony gets the ball rolling, which I think will happen this spring with MGS4 (and later Final Fantasy XIII), along with other hot exclusive titles, Xbox 360 will likely become a last place finisher.

TruthSeeker777

lol 360 is bound to get last sooner or later.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
If Sony does things right, especially with Home, it might persuade people who don't have a PS3 to buy one. MGS4 and FFXIII are potential system sellers, but also R&C and Uncharted could also be system sellers. We shallsee in a month.
lt-rickhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lt-rickhunter
Member since 2007 • 816 Posts

i like how he thinks that ME2 will go Multi plat. good read btw

rko07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rko07
Member since 2004 • 492 Posts

My thoughts:

Gears of War II will be an Xbox exclusive, but after that it is unlikely Gears of War III will NOTgo multiplatform (hello PS3).

Will Ninja Gaiden II be a system seller (can someone tell me how many copies Ninja Gaiden on Xbox sold?) and achieve God of War-like success? I am skeptical but hope so! Maybe if they make iteasier for non-hardcore gamerslike GoW?

I believe Xbox 360 is in a bad long-term position. Besides HaloMicrosoft does not hold the rights for any system-selling IPs. When Sony gets the ball rolling, which I think will happen this spring with MGS4 (and later Final Fantasy XIII), along with other hot exclusive titles, Xbox 360 will likely become a last place finisher.

TruthSeeker777

Very well thought out. That's likely what will happen.
user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
Poor sales didn't stop Gamecube and xbox being great last gen, why does it matter who comes last?
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
What truth do you seek, young grasshoppa?
B1ACK_MAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 B1ACK_MAGE
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
I think it will happen, not in North America, but world wide the PS3 will get ahead of the 360
Avatar image for CrimsonBlade360
CrimsonBlade360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CrimsonBlade360
Member since 2007 • 588 Posts

I dont think so, MS is advertizing way better than the ps3, with madden nation only using the 360(alot of casuals watch this and might think about getting a 360 becuase of it) and lots of primtime spots like in nfl games and such.

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts
A console that relies on shooters and stolen exclusives can only go so far...
TruthSeeker777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TruthSeeker777

Poor sales didn't stop Gamecube and xbox being great last gen, why does it matter who comes last?user_nat

That is debatable. From a consumer point of view, surely you could argue that both systems had great games. I was arguing from a business point of view, what company will be the most successful (profitable) in this generation of consoles? Microsoft Entertainment devision has been losing money for quite some time. Will the 360 unit be able to turn around and make a (substantial) profit?

ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ApocalypseXIVV
Member since 2004 • 1988 Posts
[QUOTE="TruthSeeker777"]

My thoughts:

rko07

good read just a few things...

PS3 can pass 360, but i just dont think by 2008...it would have to do the following

1. Beat 360 handily this holiday season (no reason to beleive that will happen)

2. if the is at say 12 mil now (with Halo 3 sales) and PS3 is at 5 mil (i think VG charts has em at 4.8), that means itll have to more that double 360 sales throuought 2008, again, dont see that

3. U have no basis for Gears III going to the PS3...so you cant assume that, if Epic wanted to work with the PS3 when it came to Gears they would have (and why would u want just the third installment, if you like the series, youd buy either a 360 or a PC for it, since theyll have all 3 installments)

4. NG 2 may not sell systems, but it combined with other exclusives people will still be attracted to the 360

I think the PS3 will outsell the 360 in 2008, MGS 4, FFXIII, etc...will make that happen, but not to the point where itll surpass the 360

Just my thoughts on the subject

Shomb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shomb22
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts

Why did they call it the 360? They took the xbox and made a 360 so now their back where they started again. What bull!:roll:

TruthSeeker777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TruthSeeker777

What truth do you seek, young grasshoppa?fuzzysquash

lol. Don't over-analyze my user name. It is a user name I have used for news-related websites that I happen to like. I couldn't think of a gaming-related user name that I wanted so I stuck with a old one.

osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts
The xbox has games coming out in 2008 as well....
TruthSeeker777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TruthSeeker777
[QUOTE="rko07"][QUOTE="TruthSeeker777"]

My thoughts:

ApocalypseXIVV

PS3 can pass 360, but i just dont think by 2008...it would have to do the following

2. if the is at say 12 mil now (with Halo 3 sales) and PS3 is at 5 mil (i think VG charts has em at 4.8), that means itll have to more that double 360 sales throuought 2008, again, dont see that

3. U have no basis for Gears III going to the PS3...so you cant assume that, if Epic wanted to work with the PS3 when it came to Gears they would have (and why would u want just the third installment, if you like the series, youd buy either a 360 or a PC for it, since theyll have all 3 installments)

4. NG 2 may not sell systems, but it combined with other exclusives people will still be attracted to the 360

I think the PS3 will outsell the 360 in 2008, MGS 4, FFXIII, etc...will make that happen, but not to the point where itll surpass the 360

Just my thoughts on the subje

As far as I know, Microsoft's publishing contract with Epic Games ends after one sequel to Gears of War. So when the contract ends, I wouldn't be all surprised if Gears of War III went multiplatform. Cliffy B and Epic Gamesare not entirely happy with some of Microsoft's policies, such as forcing Epic Games to charge XBL users for downloadable multiplayer maps that they wished to distribute for free. So never say never. People refused to believe Bungie would leave Microsoft before it bcame official. The trend now is for companies to go multiplatform, I don't see how this will change outside some (extremely) lucrative deal signing. Will the 360 division be able or willing to convince board members to shell out big money when the 360 division hasn't been profitable?

Zam_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zam_basic
Member since 2002 • 5246 Posts
its all downhill for MS now , they have showed signs that they are ready to give up console gaming
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

I think it will happen, not in North America, but world wide the PS3 will get ahead of the 360B1ACK_MAGE

lol 360 will never do ps2 numbers in NA. Watch while wii and ps3 get close in a couple of years.

ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ApocalypseXIVV
Member since 2004 • 1988 Posts
[QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"][QUOTE="rko07"][QUOTE="TruthSeeker777"]

My thoughts:

TruthSeeker777

As far as I know, Microsoft's publishing contract with Epic Games ends after one sequel to Gears of War. So when the contract ends, I wouldn't be all surprised if Gears of War III went multiplatform. Cliffy B and Epic Gamesare not entirely happy with some of Microsoft's policies, such as forcing Epic Games to charge XBL users for downloadable multiplayer maps that they wished to distribute for free. So never say never. People refused to believe Bungie would leave Microsoft before it bcame official. The trend now is for companies to go multiplatform, I don't see how this will change outside some (extremely) lucrative deal signing. Will the 360 division be able or willing to convince board members to shell out big money when the 360 division hasn't been profitable?

you make too many assumptions, MS hasnt made a dime off of their gaming division in general until now, cause of Halo MS gaming is in the green for the first time...so why would that just stop now?

also i never said never, just that i dont think GearsIII is gonna be on the PS3

and u didnt explain how the PS3 will doble 360 sales in 2008

TruthSeeker777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TruthSeeker777
[QUOTE="TruthSeeker777"][QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"][QUOTE="rko07"][QUOTE="TruthSeeker777"]

My thoughts:

ApocalypseXIVV

you make too many assumptions, MS hasnt made a dime off of their gaming division in general until now, cause of Halo MS gaming is in the green for the first time...so why would that just stop now?

also i never said never, just that i dont think GearsIII is gonna be on the PS3

and u didnt explain how the PS3 will doble 360 sales in 2008

I absolutely agree with you on point 1. I think Microsoft is in great shape forthis holiday season. All Sony has is R & C and Uncharted. I think they will do well, but not mega system-selling material.

I don't know if Sony will necessarily surpass 360 in 2008, but it might happen. There are 120 million PS2 users outthere who have not made a decision on what next generation console to buy yet. I believe many of these users are waiting for the price to drop and for hot titles to roll out, then they will likely buy a PS3. I could be wrong, but this seems likea very likely scenario to me.

2008 will be very interesting. I think it depends how many of the 120 million Sony can convince to buy a PS3 between now and end of 08.

EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts
Dont know and dont care
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
I can care less as long as it keeps getting good games.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#26 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
Its rought to say, even with 360 being so cheap, people seem reluctant to embrace it. Its coming up on 360's 2nd year since launch in November, and lets say it has actually sold 12 million to consumers, thats 6 million a year (when divided equally of course I've been here long enough to know it isn't equal). Now PS3 is reported to have about 5/5.5 million in consumers hands, thats not a big difference between yearly sales and thats with a $500/$600 price.

Games don't matter to the average consumer, its what looks shinier on the console they have declared their favorite.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts

I think the 360 will definitely fall to 3rd place. Whether that happens in 08 or later is anyone's guess. We'll have to see how well the PS3 does this holiday season along with the $400 PS3.

The problem with the 360 is that it just doesn't appeal to too many people. The hardware issues have definitely hurt the console and many are staying away from it. The games are not varied enough and they are doing poorly in one of the most important regions. There's just too much going against it for the console to finish 2nd.

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

Its rought to say, even with 360 being so cheap, people seem reluctant to embrace it. Its coming up on 360's 2nd year since launch in November, and lets say it has actually sold 12 million to consumers, thats 6 million a year (when divided equally of course I've been here long enough to know it isn't equal). Now PS3 is reported to have about 5/5.5 million in consumers hands, thats not a big difference between yearly sales and thats with a $500/$600 price.

Games don't matter to the average consumer, its what looks shinier on the console they have declared their favorite.
Tiefster

$349 is not "so cheap"

Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
It will fall to 3rd place because of Japan. It cant compete against the Wii and PS3 by just selling in two regions.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

I don't know if Sony will necessarily surpass 360 in 2008, but it might happen. There are 120 million PS2 users outthere who have not made a decision on what next generation console to buy yet. I believe many of these users are waiting for the price to drop and for hot titles to roll out, then they will likely buy a PS3. I could be wrong, but this seems likea very likely scenario to me.

2008 will be very interesting. I think it depends how many of the 120 million Sony can convince to buy a PS3 between now and end of 08.

TruthSeeker777

I agree. The power of brand name shouldn't be underestimated, particularly with a brand like "Playstation."

Of course, at certain prices no amount of brand loyalty will sell product. Take, for example, Apple's "i" brand. Apple thought they could price the iPhone at $600 and still move units. Like Sony, they were grossly mistaken.

Both companies have now shifted their strategies by reducing the price (and in the case of Sony, coming out with entry-level configurations).

But does the fact that iPhone didn't sell out the gate mean that the "i" brand name was no longer salient for consumers? No, it just means that for the vast majority of potential buyers, the iPhone was priced out of range.

The same goes for Playstation 3. As the price of the console reduces and its software library builds up, I suspect that the Playstation 2 generation will naturally shift to Playstation 3.

Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

It will fall to 3rd place because of Japan. It cant compete against the Wii and PS3 by just selling in two regions.Carmilla31

mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts

Dont know and dont careEmpCom

then why did you post?

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

I find it funny how cows think that a few games are going to crush the 360. Look at it this far, the PS3 has nothing.. while the 360 has brought out so many good games. Halo 3, Bioshock, Gears, ect. and the PS3 is still here. And those games have proven themselves. If a console can survive that, then I cant see how a few games are going to "destroy" the 360 (If they do well).

Also, games like Fable 2, Gears 2 & others will be coming out, so the 360 is already doing better then the PS3 did against the 360's line-up a year ago. The high cost of the PS3 will be daunting to casual gamers, especially when their hyped games are final fantasy & MGS which dont focus as much on the gameplay as other games. Games like Ratchet & Clank would appeal to the casual gamer, but they probably dont want to buy the most expensive console for it.

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

It will fall to 3rd place because of Japan. It cant compete against the Wii and PS3 by just selling in two regions.Carmilla31

I seem to recall the Xbox outsold the GC despite selling in only 2 regions.

myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts

[QUOTE="B1ACK_MAGE"]I think it will happen, not in North America, but world wide the PS3 will get ahead of the 360ff7isnumbaone

lol 360 will never do ps2 numbers in NA. Watch while wii and ps3 get close in a couple of years.

By the looks of it the 360 may have done PS2 numbers (hell it's estimated it did Wii numbers) for October in NA.
Game13a13y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Game13a13y
Member since 2004 • 2860 Posts

after the release of Halo 3, i think X360 is running out of fire. there's no significant spike on sales, what games would be more punch-packing than Halo 3 for X360 next year?

Nova_Mongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 Nova_Mongoose
Member since 2004 • 2261 Posts
I have gripes about all 3 so-called "next-gen" consoles. It's in my blog.
myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts

after the release of Halo 3, i think X360 is running out of fire. there's no significant spike on sales, what games would be more punch-packing than Halo 3 for X360 next year?

Game13a13y
You do realize there are some great multiplats coming out for the 360. Multiplats sell systems. Especially when they come out for a system that already has a very strong and diverse game library and is cheaper then any other system that the multiplat is released for.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Maybe.

I just hope those saying Sony are finished now, don't lie/deny that later on when the PS3 starts to sell extremely well. SW is gonna be really fun next year.

Avatar image for yazmanian-devil
yazmanian-devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 yazmanian-devil
Member since 2006 • 108 Posts

My thoughts:

Gears of War II will be an Xbox exclusive, but after that it is unlikely Gears of War III will NOT go multiplatform (hello PS3).

Will Ninja Gaiden II be a system seller (can someone tell me how many copies Ninja Gaiden on Xbox sold?) and achieve God of War-like success? I am skeptical but hope so! Maybe if they make it easier for non-hardcore gamers like GoW?

I believe Xbox 360 is in a bad long-term position. Besides Halo, Microsoft does not hold the rights for any system-selling IPs. When Sony gets the ball rolling, which I think will happen this spring with MGS4 (and later Final Fantasy XIII), along with other hot exclusive titles, Xbox 360 will likely become a last place finisher.

TruthSeeker777

First of all, why would epic put the gears of war 3 on ps3 if they can't put the first two games? I mean, theymake a prequel or some spin-off to gears of war multiplat, but why would they put a sequel to a game on a new platform?

Also, bungie are going to be focusing primarily on microsoft consoles. They said it themselves. "We will continue to develop with our primary focus on Microsoft's platforms; we greatly value our mutually prosperous relationship with our publisher, Microsoft Game Studios, and we look forward to continuing that affiliation through 'Halo' and beyond."Link.

If anything, bungie should be able to make more exclusives for the 360 cuz of this split.

Microsoft still has some big games that'll come out in 2008. Maybe some new IPs will end up pushing 360s like gears of war. Too Human is supposed to be a trilogy (although i'm not sure all three games are gonna' be on 360, probably on 720 if there ever is one) and there's games like alan wake.

Game13a13y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Game13a13y
[QUOTE="Game13a13y"]

myke2010

You do realize there are some great multiplats coming out for the 360. Multiplats sell systems. Especially when they come out for a system that already has a very strong and diverse game library and is cheaper then any other system that the multiplat is released for.

exactly what multiplat games are you talking about thats bigger than Halo 3 and its not on PS 3?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
[QUOTE="myke2010"][QUOTE="Game13a13y"]

Game13a13y

exactly what multiplat games are you talking about thats bigger than Halo 3 and its not on PS 3?

Um, huh? If it wasn't on PS3, then it wouldn't be multiplat..:|

rko07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rko07
Member since 2004 • 492 Posts
[QUOTE="Game13a13y"][QUOTE="myke2010"][QUOTE="Game13a13y"]

BioShockOwnz

wii and maybe pc if you consider that a platform.
Game13a13y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Game13a13y
[QUOTE="Game13a13y"][QUOTE="myke2010"][QUOTE="Game13a13y"]

BioShockOwnz

it could be on PC, like BIOSHOCK :|

ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts

I think the 360 will definitely fall to 3rd place. Whether that happens in 08 or later is anyone's guess. We'll have to see how well the PS3 does this holiday season along with the $400 PS3.

The problem with the 360 is that it just doesn't appeal to too many people. The hardware issues have definitely hurt the console and many are staying away from it. The games are not varied enough and they are doing poorly in one of the most important regions. There's just too much going against it for the console to finish 2nd.

Zhengi

that is just not true im afraid.

i have browsed both the xbox 360 and the PS3s game libary, and listed all of the major genres i could assoisiate with the common console. i have listed both of the consoles released consoleexclusives (as we all know the PC is king of variety, so this is between these two), i did not count multiplats because eachwill score evenly there obviouslyand as you will see the results favor the 360.

it could be said that the 360 has to many shooters,yes butthis just means more variety in shooters...lol

it could also be said that the PS3 is younger and has less games, but that just hammers my point all the more. age is not a factor in this comparison.

PS3

action,3 = heavanly sword, NGS, Lair

racer,2= motorstorm,RR 7

sports,1= NBA 07

RPG,0= i couldnt find any released exclusives

shooter,2= Res FOM, warhawk

fighter,1= virtua fighter (timed exclusive)

RTS,0=............

party game,0= couldnt find any

flightsim,0=...............

xbox 360

action,7= N3, crackdown, dead rising, kameo, saints row, technu z, just cause, i know im missing 1 or 2

racer,6= Mgp 07, PGR, flatout AC, forza, full auto, burnout R.

sports,2= amped 3, fifa 06, missing 1 i think

RPG,1= blue dragon

shooter, alot= bioshock,GeOW, halo3. Q4,PDZ, Bullet witch, chromehounds, far cry, outfit, etc etc

fighter,2= Dead or alive,RR xx

RTS/strategy,3= LOTR BFME 2, C&C tb, overlord

party games,4= viva pinata, bomberman AZ, Fuzion frenzy, DoA X2

flightsim,2= Over G Fighters, Ace combat 6

these are just the games off the top of my head, even if the PS3 gets more games next year, it will still have a too small libary by comparison to the 360, out of the 3 the 360 is still the king of games, MSG4 and the Next FF etc will be good, but the 360 already has games that go up againest them,

granted the PS3 will have a few killer games out NEXT year, but people seem to forget, the 360 has a bucketload of killer games out right now! and will still have em when the PS3 eventually churns out what everyone paid for in 08-09, in addition to many more new, and possebly great games.

there libary is too slim im comparison for now and in the forseeable furture

_KenKittyragi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 _KenKittyragi_
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

Wii #1

360 #2

PS3 #3

You'd be stupid to say other wise. Don't forget that in the long run, all the 360s great game prices will go down too in 08-09 (games from 05-06). MORE SALES.

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
Well I do think it might be possible but seriously it deppends of the games...It's not like we already know what to excpect. Wo would've excpected the 360 to be destorying the Wii and the PS3 in games this year. Not me thats for sure.
jmckenna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jmckenna
Member since 2003 • 38 Posts

were still in 2007, theres no reason for people to say which console is gonna sell more in 2008, the 360 has some great games coming out next year, it seems that people think the ps3 is gonna win the console war just cos of a sales spike recently, all console sell more wen a price cut comes in, it happened to the 360 after the prices went down, plus the "console war" wont end straight after 2008, its like me saying the 360 will be 1st in 2009 because it MIGHT get metal gear and it MIGHT get FF, we cant assume things.

I could be wrong and 360 might be last place after 2008, i just think we should wait and see wat happens