360 ACHEIVEMENTS... AM i the ONLY ONE THAT DOESNT CARE!

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RagingBull2584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RagingBull2584
Member since 2006 • 275 Posts
Im not trying to bash either console, but im being serious. I honestly dont care about acheivements or gamerscores. Lemmings are acting like Achievements are sooooo groundbreaking and earth shattering.. I will admit this, my gamerscore is 180 and I could care less. the reason its only 180 is simply because the only reason I bought the 360 was for Gears of war and I just constantly play that game and nothing else. No other 360 game really appeals to me and Im not really cool with having to pay for arcade games PLUS the subscription fee, so I just play Gears online all the time, I havent even beaten the campaign yet! I mean sure acheivements are kinda cool i guess (if your a major nerd) but lemmings are talking about acheivements like its the greatest thing in the world and that it will cause the downfall of sony lol. Sorry lemmings, its going to take more than acheivement points to bring down the PS3 lol
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
I'm starting to like them a bit... don't know why... but it's nice... in a very unneccessary way... it's wierd to not play a video game and hear "achievement unlock" sound. :P Plus it does actually give you a little hint on what kind of gamer a person is... by viewing their games, scores, and seeing what they did, and if they just went in for some easy points or really worked on some of the harder points.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

I haven't seen many threads with lemmings boasting about achievements, where did you get that idea from?

As far as "More than achievements to take the PS3 down", the 360 doesn't need to take the PS3 down, SONY is doing that just fine.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Sony must pay you more than they pay me. All your threads have been 360 bashing so far.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
Me neither, I could care less. I'm hardly getting recognition. Beside I play games for myself not to show off.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Sony must pay you more than they pay me. All your threads have been 360 bashing so far.DaysAirlines

Exactly what I was thinking.

He rarely replies to his own threads, he just keeps creating more pro Sony and anti 360 propaganda.

Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts
They add value to the games. How could they be bad?
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
I make up my own acheivments
-Round-House Kicking Martinez off the builidng into the water 50 points
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Kaarstein
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
I think they are a very good idea. Its instant gratification, and it is an extra incentive to really explore the games. Just like in SSBM where you have 300 trophies, I always got excited when I got new ones even though I couldnt use them for anything.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
I like it. They just give that extra little kick to games.
r11011b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 r11011b
Member since 2006 • 487 Posts
I've never really cared about Achievements, myself, and never really gave them much thought. However, Microsoft was pretty smart to implement them either way, because now you have people saying "Well there's this game for all three consoles, but I'll get it for 360 because it will increase this number on my gamercard. woo hoo." If you ask me, it's more a marketing ploy than anything else.
dannyc9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dannyc9
Member since 2005 • 1374 Posts
ughhhh..... another bigboss thread. :(
Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Thug_Pikachu
Member since 2006 • 4725 Posts
you made this thread already a couple weeks ago get new flamebait
THE_PREZIDENT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 THE_PREZIDENT
Member since 2005 • 2067 Posts
Im not trying to bash either console, but im being serious. I honestly dont care about acheivements or gamerscores. Lemmings are acting like Achievements are sooooo groundbreaking and earth shattering.. I will admit this, my gamerscore is 180 and I could care less. the reason its only 180 is simply because the only reason I bought the 360 was for Gears of war and I just constantly play that game and nothing else. No other 360 game really appeals to me and Im not really cool with having to pay for arcade games PLUS the subscription fee, so I just play Gears online all the time, I havent even beaten the campaign yet! I mean sure acheivements are kinda cool i guess (if your a major nerd) but lemmings are talking about acheivements like its the greatest thing in the world and that it will cause the downfall of sony lol. Sorry lemmings, its going to take more than acheivement points to bring down the PS3 lolRagingBull2584
So this Achievements=NERDS so spending 700 USD for a PS3=IDIOTS
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
The achievements are cool but I think its unfair they base so many on online play. They should be split into two categories unless they make online vs and coop gameplay free.
cabjnico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cabjnico
Member since 2003 • 748 Posts
"Am I the only one who doesn't care about blu-ray?"
l1mIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 l1mIt
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts
the acheivement points show noting but how much of a life you dont have.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
I just got 50 achievment points tonight...call of duty 2 training, FTW!

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts
I have a 360 and play it occasionally (couple times a week,) I really couldn't care any less about achievements.
spark_212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 spark_212
Member since 2005 • 1546 Posts
I would like achievements more than no acheivements, I don't know how many times I'd get sick of a game, then get back into it to get acheivements.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Velocitas8
I would like achievements more than no acheivements, I don't know how many times I'd get sick of a game, then get back into it to get acheivements.
spark_212

MMORPGs have this same exact carrot-on-stick enticement to keep people playing. It's not really beneficial to anyone.
spark_212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 spark_212
[QUOTE="spark_212"]I would like achievements more than no acheivements, I don't know how many times I'd get sick of a game, then get back into it to get acheivements.
Velocitas8

MMORPGs have this same exact carrot-on-stick enticement to keep people playing. It's not really beneficial to anyone.

Whenever I get sick of a game, I usually go get another one, so anything to get me hooked longer on a game I already have saves me some money.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Velocitas8
Whenever I get sick of a game, I usually go get another one, so anything to get me hooked longer on a game I already have saves me some money.
spark_212

And you like achievements because they keep you hooked on games that you're sick of?...
spark_212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 spark_212
[QUOTE="spark_212"]Whenever I get sick of a game, I usually go get another one, so anything to get me hooked longer on a game I already have saves me some money.
Velocitas8

And you like achievements because they keep you hooked on games that you're sick of?...

If you read my first post, I said I'd get sick of a game, Then achievements will get me back into it.
YogidAbEAR152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 YogidAbEAR152
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts
i like them. i don't go out of my way to get them though, i just let them happen
redmonkey911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 redmonkey911
Member since 2003 • 788 Posts
    Not caring is just a lame excuse for sucking in games... Achievements (most of them) show ur skill, not just for he hell of it. Like lets say if u play Gears someone can look at ur achievements and make a guess that you are best with this weapon (chainsaw) or whatever the first achievement you got. I donno. In Rainbow six u get achievements for coming in first etc. Beating games on "Hard" difficulties etc all show up in achievements.
     It also makes u discover new things in games. Like in Saints Row if it wasnt for the achievements I would probably never discover the golden DE50, Pimp Cane shotgun, Platinum RPG etc. It makes the games more enjoying! So get over it and get as many as you can!!! WHOO!!!
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
At first I didn't care. But the first achievement unlocked felt satisfying. I don't go out and try to up my score. But I will admit going for certain achievements.
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kaarstein
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
At first I didn't care. But the first achievement unlocked felt satisfying. I don't go out and try to up my score. But I will admit going for certain achievements.waynehead895
Instant gratification, I will admit that I realy wanted Nintendo to copy Microsoft`s idea here. I know I am a hypocrite :P
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Velocitas8
[QUOTE="Velocitas8"][QUOTE="spark_212"]Whenever I get sick of a game, I usually go get another one, so anything to get me hooked longer on a game I already have saves me some money.
spark_212

If you read my first post, I said I'd get sick of a game, Then achievements will get me back into it.

It's the same thing. You're still playing a game that you're sick of, you just have a different set of goals to motivate you, with very little to justify completing the redundant written tasks. They don't add to the game or modify it in any way.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts
I make up my own acheivments
-Round-House Kicking Martinez off the builidng into the water 50 pointspoopinloop32

HELL YEAH BOYEE !!!!

Although its more fun kicking your coop partner off tall buildings :lol:
spark_212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 spark_212
[QUOTE="spark_212"][QUOTE="Velocitas8"][QUOTE="spark_212"]Whenever I get sick of a game, I usually go get another one, so anything to get me hooked longer on a game I already have saves me some money.
Velocitas8

It's the same thing. You're still playing a game that you're sick of, you just have a different set of goals to motivate you, with very little to justify completing the redundant written tasks. They don't add to the game or modify it in any way.

Just like you said, acheivements motivate me to play it some more, I'm one of those guys who needs objectives to get into a game, I actually hate just playing around in san adreas. If acheivments make me want to play a game more, then their beneficial to me.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Sony must pay you more than they pay me. All your threads have been 360 bashing so far.The_Game21x

He rarely replies to his own threads, he just keeps creating more pro Sony and anti 360 propaganda.

like this one for example :lol:
GeDaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GeDaan
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Sony must pay you more than they pay me. All your threads have been 360 bashing so far.lawlessx

He rarely replies to his own threads, he just keeps creating more pro Sony and anti 360 propaganda.

like this one for example :lol:

HAHA QFT. but ontopic: I didnt care about achievements either. But i started to like them when i had around 2000 points. Games i alrdy considered "played/completed" had a new meaning/value to me.
bluebrad1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 bluebrad1974
Member since 2005 • 5162 Posts
Im not trying to bash either console, but im being serious. I honestly dont care about acheivements or gamerscores. Lemmings are acting like Achievements are sooooo groundbreaking and earth shattering.. I will admit this, my gamerscore is 180 and I could care less. the reason its only 180 is simply because the only reason I bought the 360 was for Gears of war and I just constantly play that game and nothing else. No other 360 game really appeals to me and Im not really cool with having to pay for arcade games PLUS the subscription fee, so I just play Gears online all the time, I havent even beaten the campaign yet! I mean sure acheivements are kinda cool i guess (if your a major nerd) but lemmings are talking about acheivements like its the greatest thing in the world and that it will cause the downfall of sony lol. Sorry lemmings, its going to take more than acheivement points to bring down the PS3 lolRagingBull2584
According to your gamerscore and self admission, your opinion of anything regarding the 360 is worthless.
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
I like them, game within a game. Check my GS, I obviously have issues. :(
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts
lol @ your gamerscore (j/k). Anyway, don't worry, (and don't be bitter) you'll get there.
Ryeferd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ryeferd
Member since 2006 • 5198 Posts
I couldn't possibly care less about achievements. I don't understand why people think they are so remarkable. I will never go out of my way in a game just to get points that do absolutely nothing except letting me brag about how "my gamerscore is bigger than yours" :roll:
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

I love the Achievements system.  I won't go out and rent a lame game just to get points, but for the games that I buy (and actually want to play) getting Achievements as you go is pretty cool.  Sometimes they make you play the game in a different fashion than you normally would (like the Hammer of Dawn Achievement in Gears of War) or motivate you to go back and play the game again on a different difficulty level. 

Plus, if you have a close group of guys that you play with over Live, the Achievement system is a cool way to measure your progress in games versus each other.  It brings back memories of playing in arcades and going for the high score in certain games.  I like it a lot.

Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts
This is the guy that says he plays his Xbox 360, then the next day says he would never be foolish enough to buy one. Attention-seeker.
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

They add value to the games. How could they be bad? Nex_Ownage

thats really all the are for, keep you playing the game

I think it's a great idea

plus it's fun to try to unlock them all

EricForeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 EricForeman
Member since 2004 • 1423 Posts

A fun part of beating a game is the feeling of accomplishment you feel at the end.  Achievements are cool, because there are little awards for things you do along the way.  It's a good feeling whenever a deserved Achievement Awarded message pops up.  I think it definately can add to the overall experience.  For a lot of us, it does. 

REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

[QUOTE="RagingBull2584"]Im not trying to bash either console, but im being serious. I honestly dont care about acheivements or gamerscores. Lemmings are acting like Achievements are sooooo groundbreaking and earth shattering.. I will admit this, my gamerscore is 180 and I could care less. the reason its only 180 is simply because the only reason I bought the 360 was for Gears of war and I just constantly play that game and nothing else. No other 360 game really appeals to me and Im not really cool with having to pay for arcade games PLUS the subscription fee, so I just play Gears online all the time, I havent even beaten the campaign yet! I mean sure acheivements are kinda cool i guess (if your a major nerd) but lemmings are talking about acheivements like its the greatest thing in the world and that it will cause the downfall of sony lol. Sorry lemmings, its going to take more than acheivement points to bring down the PS3 lolNemme
This is the guy that says he plays his Xbox 360, then the next day says he would never be foolish enough to buy one. Attention-seeker.

lol.  He's also the guy who got his thread locked for telling people to buy the PS3 version of games and not the 360 version.  Obvioulsy, he's got an issue against MS and the 360.

Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts
I'm starting to like them a bit... don't know why... but it's nice... in a very unneccessary way... it's wierd to not play a video game and hear "achievement unlock" sound. :P Plus it does actually give you a little hint on what kind of gamer a person is... by viewing their games, scores, and seeing what they did, and if they just went in for some easy points or really worked on some of the harder points.yoshi_64
It gives you the initiative to say I want that, I need that, I'm going to do it. As a gamer it's been really good for me, it's actually made me better. I mean when I played Gears on insane, the last boss Raam was hard as hell. It took me a long time before I beat him. You know how exciting that is? No. I actually play all my games on the hardest setting available, since you get, more points for doing so. I think this was a great idea, you know how many people got it just because of that reason alone? No not really do you. But it's your loss, not ours.
dcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dcb
Member since 2002 • 132 Posts
I like the achievements. They give you incentive to play on harder difficulties and to comb every area of a game. My only problem is that they rarely un-lock new content. Dead rising being the exception.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts
I think the majority of 360 fans don't care about them at all.  It's the kind of thing only hardcore game nerds really care about.
FoxHoundADAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 FoxHoundADAM
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts
Ah man I just got back from acheivement point rehab. I'm using the Wii to wheen myself off my addiction to Achievement points.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
They may be mostly meaningless(except for all the people that just got free copies of Fusion Frenzy 2) they may even be lame sometimes, but they are no different than say collecting every hidden package in GTA. Collecting things is a pretty strong drive in gamers since I believe almost every game produced has some form of collecting involved in the gameplay in some form. Achievement points are just a natural extension of this. Just out of curiosity, any games come to mind in which there is absolutely zero collecting in any form?
Avatar image for Buff-McBlumpkin
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Buff-McBlumpkin
Member since 2007 • 566 Posts

Stop posting the same thread, please.

Are you going to post this every week?

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts

I wuvs my achievey-weevyments.

I like them cause I'm super compedative with my friends, and having a higher gamerscore is another thing I can smoke them at. Thats how it started at least. now I just go for them for the sake of having them.

BillGreen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BillGreen68
Member since 2004 • 12361 Posts
I don't go out of my way to get achievements like some people, but I think it's a nice little feature to see what games your friends play the most.