2008 - Playstation 3 vs 360 [Surprising Results]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jonnyt61
Member since 2003 • 2147 Posts

PS3 [Released]

Metal Gear Solid 4 - 10

Singstar 7.5
GT Prologue 7.5
Hot Shots Golf 7.5
BUZZ! Quiz TV 7.5
Disgaea 3 : AoJ 7.5
Siren: Bloodcurse 7.0

1xAAAA 6xA

PS3 - Upcoming

LittleBigPlanet
Resistance 2

Motorstorm Pacific Rift

Tekken 6
Socom : Confrontation
Naruto Ultimata Ninja Storm
Valkyria Chronicles

360 [Released]

Tales of Vesperia 8.5
Viva Pinata : TiP 8.5
Ninja Gaiden 8

Lost Oddysey 7.5

3xAA 1xA

360 - Upcoming

Gears of War 2

Fable 2
Banjo & Kazooie - Nuts&Bolts

Rules of Listing

I don't list -any- multiplat, time exclusive or otherwise. All titles are available in DISC format. Anything scored below 7 will not be listed. Upcoming titles are Bold/Italic if hyped AAA+, otherwise listed in normal font. ALL titles have been released in 2008, and are set to be released in 2008. Arcade/PSN titles not listed, unless full retail disc versions are available.

Results

I'm actually really surprised by the results. While the 360 has a good back catalogue, for 2008, it's actually done pretty bad in terms of exclusive titles. Most people have ignored the fact that it has actually only received a few exclusive titles this year, with one of their strongest titles recently scoring sub-A.

It's actually looking to be a very good year for Playstation 3 owners this time around, with potentially 4 AAA+ titles, and strong number of A~AA titles.

Overall Numbers [Includes expected/hyped scores]

4x A~AA
3x AAA+

PS3 -

10 x A~AA
4 x AAA+

Surprisingly, the PS3 has come out on top in both potential AAA, and A~AA. I've used the general consensus on all hyped scores, so of course, these results should be looked at with a grain of salt. However, if each game scores as people have hyped, then we will have a clear winner for 2008.

Edis - Spelling, format, removed MLB : The Show. Added more to Rules section. Edited in ToV, Viva Pinata scores. Removed Infnite Undiscovery, as scored sub-A.

loganh92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 loganh92
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts
I wouldn't count the predictions...but yea, so far it's easily been the year of the PS3.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
PS3 destroys X360 in every category.
Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts

PS3 destroys X360 in every category.xxThyLordxx

360 has a better online service a superior overall library and genre representation, so no.

PS3 still has a ways to go before destroying it in every category.

Reliability is the only category where the Ps3 destroys the 360 to be honest.

fredyfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fredyfish
Member since 2008 • 538 Posts
The tide will turn this holiday
jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jonnyt61
I wouldn't count the predictions...but yea, so far it's easily been the year of the PS3.loganh92

I count the predictions, as otherwise, we have no idea on who will come out on top at the end of the year. Predictions can be wrong, very wrong in fact, however, if we take what the general consensus is on titles, we can see in the eyes of both groups, what the actual current state is.

The thing about Hype, is it's a double edged sword, so most people will avoid hyping something too high, in fear of creating a flop, so in that sense, everyone can generally agree to the scores/numbers I've used in here.
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tragic_Kingdom7

I wouldn't count the predictions...but yea, so far it's easily been the year of the PS3.loganh92

I think who wins the year will come down to the autumn through holiday perfomance of both.

fredyfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fredyfish
You counted the predictions :lol:
jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jonnyt61

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]PS3 destroys X360 in every category.Tragic_Kingdom7

360 has a better online service a superior overall library and genre representation, so no.

Let's not turn this in to a different arguement. We're talking about the librarby of 2008 for PS3 and 360. Titles from pre-2008 aren't included, nor are we going to discuss the advantages of PSN vs XBL.
jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jonnyt61
You counted the predictions :lol:fredyfish

Yes, I did. Your problem with that? I state at the end of the post that "If each game scores as it is hyped, we'll have a clear winner for 2008"
I could ignore the predictions and the PS3 would still come out on top. But that would ignore the potential for both consoles towards the end of the year.
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tragic_Kingdom7
[QUOTE="Tragic_Kingdom7"]

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]PS3 destroys X360 in every category.jonnyt61

Let's not turn this in to a different arguement. We're talking about the librarby of 2008 for PS3 and 360. Titles from pre-2008 aren't included, nor are we going to discuss the advantages of PSN vs XBL.

I thought xxThyLordxx was talking a general sense when he was saying that the PS3 destroys 360 in every category.

My apologies.

fredyfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fredyfish

[QUOTE="fredyfish"]You counted the predictions :lol:jonnyt61

Yes, I did. Your problem with that? I state at the end of the post that "If each game scores as it is hyped, we'll have a clear winner for 2008"
I could ignore the predictions and the PS3 would still come out on top. But that would ignore the potential for both consoles towards the end of the year.

Yes but those games could flop, we have no idea what score they will get

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts
MLB 08:The Show isn't exclusive
loganh92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 loganh92

[QUOTE="jonnyt61"][QUOTE="fredyfish"]You counted the predictions :lol:fredyfish

Exactly.

I personally seeing GeOW getting an 9, Banjo a 6, Fable a 9, Resistance a 10, LBP an 8.5, SOCOM a 6, etc.

I think Banjo and SOCOM look like flops since Slant Six is making SOCOM and Rare hasn't been too great as of late. That doesn't mean they will come true, as I have never played any of the games (Obviously) so I wouldn't count them >_

fredyfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fredyfish
[QUOTE="fredyfish"]

[QUOTE="jonnyt61"][QUOTE="fredyfish"]You counted the predictions :lol:loganh92

Exactly.

I personally seeing GeOW getting an 9, Banjo a 6, Fable a 9, Resistance a 10, LBP an 8.5, SOCOM a 6, etc.

I think Banjo and SOCOM look like flops since Slant Six is making SOCOM and Rare hasn't been too great as of late. That doesn't mean they will come true, as I have never played any of the games (Obviously) so I wouldn't count them >_

Really? a ten

jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jonnyt61

[QUOTE="jonnyt61"][QUOTE="fredyfish"]You counted the predictions :lol:fredyfish

That's true. But you're missing the point. They've been hyped to that standard, so by looking at hype, we can ascertain that based on current views, people actually believe the PS3 to have a stronger lineup, which is surprising, considering most people claim the contrary.

It's actually technically irrelevant at the moment, what they actually do score, as we're looking entirely at what people on the whole think about the upcoming titles.

MLB 08:The Show isn't exclusiveopex07

I remember quite a whiile back, towards it release, it was accepted as an exclusive, simply down to the differences between the consoles it is actually going to be released on.
Many people thought it would actually be the PS3's first AAAE, of course, they were wrong, as it only scored AA anyway, but the point of it being exclusive or not was argued a long time ago, and ended in favor of the PS3.
CrazyyyDylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 CrazyyyDylan
Member since 2007 • 726 Posts

MLB 08:The Show isn't exclusiveopex07

Since when?

Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts
Look. The Xbox360 had it's times, but now the PS3 is clearly the console to go with.
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tragic_Kingdom7

I personally seeing GeOW getting an 9, Banjo a 6, Fable a 9, Resistance a 10, LBP an 8.5, SOCOM a 6, etc.loganh92

This is just my opinions, but your predictions seems so far-fetched to me.

This is how I see it (best case scenarios):

Gears of War 2-9.0

Resistance 2-9.0

Banjo-8.5

Fable 2-9.0/possibly a 9.5

Little Big Planet-9.5

Socom-7.5

I believe my predictions are pretty grounded. I have no idea what makes you think Resistance will get a 10.

fredyfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fredyfish

[QUOTE="opex07"]MLB 08:The Show isn't exclusiveCrazyyyDylan

Since when?

I know its on 2 consoles and a handheld

CrazyyyDylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 CrazyyyDylan
Member since 2007 • 726 Posts
Ps2 doesn't count because its last gen
fredyfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fredyfish
[QUOTE="fredyfish"]

[QUOTE="jonnyt61"][QUOTE="fredyfish"]You counted the predictions :lol:loganh92

Exactly.

Here Is my list

Banjo- 8.5

SOCOM-8.0

Fable-9.0

Gears 2- 9.5

LBP- 9.0

R2- 8.5

jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jonnyt61
[QUOTE="CrazyyyDylan"]

[QUOTE="opex07"]MLB 08:The Show isn't exclusivefredyfish

Since when?

I know its on 2 consoles and a handheld

Please refer to my reply to Opex07 for why it is Exclusive.
fredyfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fredyfish

Ps2 doesn't count because its last genCrazyyyDylan

But exclusive means its only on one console so MLB the show 08 isnt a exclusive

jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jonnyt61

[QUOTE="CrazyyyDylan"]Ps2 doesn't count because its last genfredyfish

But exclusive means its only on one console so MLB the show 08 isnt a exclusive

Please refer to my reply to Opex07 to see why it is. It's very similar to the reason why GRAW is seen as being an AAAE to 360.

Also, please let's avoid derailing the thread. The thread is about 360 vs PS3 in 2008.
loganh92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 loganh92

[QUOTE="loganh92"]I personally seeing GeOW getting an 9, Banjo a 6, Fable a 9, Resistance a 10, LBP an 8.5, SOCOM a 6, etc.Tragic_Kingdom7

Gears of War 2-9.0

Resistance 2-9.0

Banjo-8.5

Little Big Planet-9.5

Socom-7.5

I believe my predictions are pretty grounded. I have no idea what makes you think Resistance will get a 10.

1st console FPS with 60+ players? Check.

8 Player Online Co-Op? Check.

GREAT Storyine? http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=13547 Check.

Traditional great FPS gameplay? Check.

Outstanding developer behind it all? Insomniac has NO GAMES that weren't at least A. Check.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="loganh92"]I personally seeing GeOW getting an 9, Banjo a 6, Fable a 9, Resistance a 10, LBP an 8.5, SOCOM a 6, etc.Tragic_Kingdom7

Gears of War 2-9.0

Resistance 2-9.0

Banjo-8.5

Little Big Planet-9.5

Socom-7.5

Those are pretty generous numbers.

piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 piercetruth34
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts
This thread seems to be geared by a ps3 fanboy. Where is halo wars? You left out Braid because it's not in disc format? You leave out Left 4 Dead because its also on the pc but include MLB the show? Seems like someone is just trying to weight things the ps3 way and they predict the ps3 exclusives coming are going to be better? How do you know that?
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tragic_Kingdom7

[QUOTE="loganh92"]I personally seeing GeOW getting an 9, Banjo a 6, Fable a 9, Resistance a 10, LBP an 8.5, SOCOM a 6, etc.loganh92

Gears of War 2-9.0

Resistance 2-9.0

Banjo-8.5

Little Big Planet-9.5

Socom-7.5

Outstanding developer behind it all? Insomniac has NO GAMES that weren't at least A. Check.

Well, it's your opinion than Insomniac is an outstanding developer, but I think you have a simplistic view on how a game gets a 10. What you're describing is 8-9 material. The fact that you say "traditional" great FPS gameplay speaks volumes. Even if it is great, that doesn't make it groundbreaking.

I predicted GTAIV's perfect 10. The GTA franchise has been steadily working towards AAAA status since it went 3D. All it needed was extra polish to get the perfect score.

The MGS franchise (although I didn't expect the 10) is another franchise that has a history of greatness and needed polish and refinement to grab an AAAA.

Resistance is way too new and the first games score was too typical (there are lots of AA games) for Resistance 2 to shoot up to 10 all of a sudden. With past 10's, you either saw groundbreaking stuff in games or you get refinements to something that was all ready groundbreaking.

Resistance doesn't fit either criteria. It is not groundbreaking, the series is still new and cannot have been working toward AAAA status with each subsequent volume, etc. It is merely a bigger and improved Resistance 1. That does not add up to AAAA.

It will get AAA at best.

jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jonnyt61
This thread seems to be geared by a ps3 fanboy. Where is halo wars? You left out Braid because it's not in disc format? You leave out Left 4 Dead because its also on the pc but include MLB the show? Seems like someone is just trying to weight things the ps3 way and they predict the ps3 exclusives coming are going to be better? How do you know that?piercetruth34

Halo Wars is cofirmed for Spring 2009. Beileve it or not, that's next year, not this year.

Braid is a XBL title only, also potentially on PSN. The only PSN titles I've listed, are coming out on retail/Disc format, or are already released as such.

And again, this is a discussion on exclusive titles. PC/360 titles aren't exclusive. MLB:The Show was argued exclusive, succesfully, a LONG time ago. I'm not about to change that exclusivity. If you need more evidence of this, look at GRAW for 360. It has long been seen as Exclusive.

And predictions are based solely on what they are hyped at. Most people do not hype crap titles, because you end up with Too Human/Haze/Lair flops. So on that point, most genuine hype, can be used to SHOW what the current thoughts on the 360 and PS3 lineups are.

If you want to argue the level of hype I've used, then do so, but I believe that most people will agree with those hyped scores.
loganh92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 loganh92
[QUOTE="loganh92"][QUOTE="Tragic_Kingdom7"]

Gears of War 2-9.0

Resistance 2-9.0

Banjo-8.5

Little Big Planet-9.5

Socom-7.5

Well, it's your opinion than Insomniac is an outstanding developer, but I think you have a simplistic view on how a game gets a 10. What you're describing is 8-9 material. The fact that you say "traditional" great FPS gameplay speaks volumes. Even if it is great, that doesn't make it groundbreaking.

I predicted GTAIV's perfect 10. The GTA franchise has been steadily working towards AAAA status since it went 3D. All it needed was extra polish to get the perfect score.

The MGS franchise (although I didn't expect the 10) is another franchise that has a history of greatness and needed polish and refinement to grab an AAAA.

Resistance is way too new and the first games score was too typical (there are lots of AA games) for Resistance 2 to shoot up to 10 all of a sudden. With past 10's, you either saw groundbreaking stuff in games or you get refinements to something that was all ready groundbreaking.

Resistance doesn't fit either criteria. It is not groundbreaking, the series is still new and cannot have been working toward AAAA status with each subsequent volume, etc. It is merely a bigger and improved Resistance 1. That does not add up to AAAA.

It will get AAA at best.

I would agree, but the first one was a rushed launch title, this one had had over two years to perfect it.

I don't think GS will give it a perfect 10, however if the story is as good as the first one, and the MP is as good as they say it is...I think it will deserve a 10.

Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tragic_Kingdom7

[QUOTE="loganh92"]I personally seeing GeOW getting an 9, Banjo a 6, Fable a 9, Resistance a 10, LBP an 8.5, SOCOM a 6, etc.hakanakumono

Gears of War 2-9.0

Resistance 2-9.0

Banjo-8.5

Little Big Planet-9.5

Socom-7.5

Those are pretty generous numbers.

Maybe so, but they are best case scenarios I still think they are far more probable than logan's numbers.

There is no way Resistance is getting AAAA. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable betting my life on that.

That being said, since Resistance 1 was high AA, I feel that some exciting features might be able to boost it up to AAA. I don't think I'll like the game, but I'm trying to look at this objectively.

The fist Gears was mid AAA and the next one seems to be more of the same, so I don't see Gears dropping to AA. I don't think the quality will drop like with Ninja Gaiden 2.

I don't see why Banjo can't get an 8.5. It looks like a very capable platformer.

If Fable 2 can do what the first one didn't, I'd say 9.5 is definitely possible.

Little Big Planet looks to do some very innovate things and it seems to do them well, so I don't think 9.5 is totally out of the question.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#33 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
This year isn't even over and the cows are already calling winners :lol:
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

You forgot Culdcept Saga for the 360 , and just take MLB The Show off ..... and Siren probably shouldn't be in there until it comes on a disc in NA.

jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jonnyt61

This year isn't even over and the cows are already calling winners :lol:Toriko42

Did you even READ the initial post?
It's based ENTIRELY on what current Fanboy groups are hyping their games at. This means, that everyone sees it this way. Like I said, if you want to argue the level of hype i've indicated, then do so.

But according to general consensus in terms of hype for upcoming titles, the PS3 is set to be on top.

fredyfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fredyfish

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]This year isn't even over and the cows are already calling winners :lol:jonnyt61

It's based ENTIRELY on what current Fanboy groups are hyping their games at. This means, that everyone sees it this way. Like I said, if you want to argue the level of hype i've indicated, then do so.

But according to general consensus in terms of hype for upcoming titles, the PS3 is set to be on top.

okay so scores dont matter anymore, the hype level does

jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jonnyt61

You forgot Culdcept Saga for the 360 , and just take MLB The Show off ..... and Siren probably shouldn't be in there until it comes on a disc in NA.

Nike_Air

Culdcept Saga has no Gamespot score.
MLB: The Show is exclusive, and was hyped as being one of the PS3's first AAAE. I won't change that
Siren is a full retail game, and will be on Disc, so it still counts.
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tragic_Kingdom7

I would agree, but the first one was a rushed launch title, this one had had over two years to perfect it.loganh92

But that's the case for lots of games, but you don't see many tens.

Basically, I just don't see a pretty typical but capable FPS preceding a generation-defining AAAA game in a very short time. It just seems like a weird scenario.

If that happens, I will ban myself from System Wars.

jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jonnyt61
[QUOTE="jonnyt61"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]This year isn't even over and the cows are already calling winners :lol:fredyfish

Scores do matter. There just are NO SCORES for UPCOMING games. Hence why we need to use HYPE and PREDICTED scores. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to grasp for you.

If fans of the console are hyping the titles to the scores I've used, that means they see the upcoming lineup as such. So talking from a middle ground, you'd take the hype that each console has, and use it as a way to show the current view on what the upcoming lineups have.

fredyfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fredyfish

[QUOTE="loganh92"]I would agree, but the first one was a rushed launch title, this one had had over two years to perfect it.Tragic_Kingdom7

Basically, I just don't see a pretty typical but capable FPS preceding a generation-defining AAAA game in a very short time. It just seems like a weird scenario.

Me too I will leave SW forever if R2 get a 10

piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 piercetruth34
90% of those games no one cares about. Gears 2, Banjo, Fable 2, Braid, Left 4 dead compete and more than likely beat anything the ps3 has going this year.... You can't play those games on the ps3. Plus it has a huge library of games. So the ps3 released 5 mediocre exclusives. Who cares? Like I said it just seems like you are grasping at straws trying to spin things the ps3's way any way you can. Plus the 360 has Halo Wars, Socom and several other games coming early 2009.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
[QUOTE="fredyfish"][QUOTE="jonnyt61"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]This year isn't even over and the cows are already calling winners :lol:jonnyt61

Scores do matter. There just are NO SCORES for UPCOMING games. Hence why we need to use HYPE and PREDICTED scores. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to grasp for you.

If fans of the console are hyping the titles to the scores I've used, that means they see the upcoming lineup as such. So talking from a middle ground, you'd take the hype that each console has, and use it as a way to show the current view on what the upcoming lineups have.

man. if every fanboy hyped every game as AAAA then it would be the best system of all time.

loganh92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 loganh92

[QUOTE="loganh92"]I would agree, but the first one was a rushed launch title, this one had had over two years to perfect it.fredyfish

It's sad that sequels to games with virtually no storyline can get AAA hype, yet one that has everything anybody could ask for in th FPS genre and nobody can believe it could get a 10.

Sigh, I guess stories don't matter anymore in an FPS game.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

jonnyt61

MLB: The Show is exclusive, and was hyped as being one of the PS3's first AAAE. I won't change that

I could have sworn that got reviewed , any reason why they didn't review it ????? I want answers.

MLB The Show doesn't count as an exclusive because it can be played on another system , just like Zelda TP , or the 360's shared PC games.

We don't predict the future regarding Siren based on "plans" , anything can happen ...... errrr not happen. No need to pad the list with these , just add in Siren later when (if) it does happen.

jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jonnyt61
90% of those games no one cares about. Gears 2, Banjo, Fable 2, Braid, Left 4 dead compete and more than likely beat anything the ps3 has going this year.... You can't play those games on the ps3. Plus it has a huge library of games. So the ps3 released 5 mediocre exclusives. Who cares? Like I said it just seems like you are grasping at straws trying to spin things the ps3's way any way you can. Plus the 360 has Halo Wars, Socom and several other games coming early 2009.piercetruth34

My God, stop being a complete and utter Lemming.

How can you say that "Nobody cares" about Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet etc? Are you seriously that deluded?

And for crying out loud, will you drop the "Console Exclusive" arguement. It's been stated time and time again, that they do not count, they never will, and they'll always be counted as multiplat. There are VERY few exceptions to this, MLB:The Show, and GRAW being the most recent ones I can remember.

Braid is an arcade title only. I specifically stated in the listing, that I'll only put games that are avaiable at retail, in disc form.

And again, when has 2009 become 2008? Would you like me to list Heavy Rain, Killzone 2? And Socom, for 360? Really? Just give it up.
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tragic_Kingdom7
[QUOTE="fredyfish"][QUOTE="Tragic_Kingdom7"]

[QUOTE="loganh92"]I would agree, but the first one was a rushed launch title, this one had had over two years to perfect it.loganh92

It's sad that sequels to games with virtually no storyline can get AAA hype, yet one that has everything anybody could ask for in th FPS genre and nobody can believe it could get a 10.

Stories never mattered that much in FPS games. They are far more important in RPG's. Actually, RPG is the only genre in which story is even absolutely neccesary.

Also, the quality of a story is so subjective most of the time.

piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 piercetruth34

[QUOTE="piercetruth34"]90% of those games no one cares about. Gears 2, Banjo, Fable 2, Braid, Left 4 dead compete and more than likely beat anything the ps3 has going this year.... You can't play those games on the ps3. Plus it has a huge library of games. So the ps3 released 5 mediocre exclusives. Who cares? Like I said it just seems like you are grasping at straws trying to spin things the ps3's way any way you can. Plus the 360 has Halo Wars, Socom and several other games coming early 2009.jonnyt61

My God, stop being a complete and utter Lemming.

How can you say that "Nobody cares" about Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet etc? Are you seriously that deluded?

And for crying out loud, will you drop the "Console Exclusive" arguement. It's been stated time and time again, that they do not count, they never will, and they'll always be counted as multiplat. There are VERY few exceptions to this, MLB:The Show, and GRAW being the most recent ones I can remember.

Braid is an arcade title only. I specifically stated in the listing, that I'll only put games that are avaiable at retail, in disc form.

And again, when has 2009 become 2008? Would you like me to list Heavy Rain, Killzone 2? And Socom, for 360? Really? Just give it up.

No I'm not deluded. You are because I was talking about the games that scored in the 7's. I wasn't talking about Resistance 2, or LBP, or Motorstorm. They should be decent. But Gears 2, BAnjo and Fable should be just as good if not better. . Plus I was just saying you can't play LEft 4 dead and Braid on the ps3. Who's deluded? You are the one trying to spin this somehow like the ps3's lineup is somehow better, saying games don't count because they aren't "truly" exclusive. You can't play them on the ps3. Can you honestly tell me those games that scored in the 7's anyone cares about, compared the library that the 360 already has?

jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jonnyt61
[QUOTE="jonnyt61"][QUOTE="fredyfish"]

CaseyWegner

man. if every fanboy hyped every game as AAAA then it would be the best system of all time.

And that would be utterly ridiculous now, wouldn't it? Now, if all the predicted scores I've used were "beyond normal beleif" then I'd understand Lemmings point of contention. But that's not true now, is it?

[QUOTE="jonnyt61"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

Nike_Air

I could have sworn that got reviewed , any reason why they didn't review it ????? I want answers.

MLB The Show doesn't count as an exclusive because it can be played on another system , just like Zelda TP , or the 360's shared PC games.

We don't predict the future regarding Siren based on "plans" , anything can happen ...... errrr not happen. No need to pad the list with these , just add in Siren later when (if) it does happen.

I don't know why it wasn't reviewed. You can find that out yourself, however, I will link the evidence

If you can remember, the same case for MLB: The Show was argued for GRAW, and the same happened, both were accepted as exclusive.

The fact is, Siren is a full retail game, it is released on Disc in Asia. The fact it can be purchased with full English support, and played on any PS3 really defeats the point of taking it out. Especially when considering that it most likely is still coming out in NA on retail release,
loganh92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 loganh92
[QUOTE="loganh92"][QUOTE="fredyfish"][QUOTE="Tragic_Kingdom7"]

[QUOTE="loganh92"]I would agree, but the first one was a rushed launch title, this one had had over two years to perfect it.Tragic_Kingdom7

Stories never mattered that much in FPS games. They are far more important in RPG's. Actually, RPG is the only genre in which story is even absolutely neccesary.

Also, the quality of a story is so subjective most of the time.

Ehh, I guess I'm the only one that cares anymore. I think FPS games with storylines are excellent if done right (Halo was fantastic at the time, as was Half Life 2) and hold them in much higher regard than ones without such a storyline.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

And that would be utterly ridiculous now, wouldn't it? Now, if all the predicted scores I've used were "beyond normal beleif" then I'd understand Lemmings point of contention. But that's not true now, is it?
jonnyt61

upcoming games should not be used at all because we really have zero idea how they will turn out.