1up Review Ratchet and Clank 9.7!!!

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crazegamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crazegamez
Member since 2007 • 138 Posts

Check out the video Review!!

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/15414

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Holy AAA Batman! Too bad cows kept it safe and only hyped AA. :( Shows their confidence in great devs.

leo4578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 leo4578
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts
Good for us Ps3 owners, but i dont see Gamespot being that generous; At best it will get 9 from GS
crusher2002000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 crusher2002000
Member since 2004 • 645 Posts
thats pretty bad considering 1up usually gives tens to most good games. they have gave 4 in the last month
plat1num913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 plat1num913
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
i see a 9 from gs finally cows get to touch their controller
ZanuffC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZanuffC
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts

Holy AAA Batman! Too bad cows kept it safe and only hyped AA. :( Shows their confidence in great devs.

BioShockOwnz

Yeah but thats not really fair, I mean, if they hyped AAA and it flopped, they would get much more hell then if they hyped AA and it got AAA, the confidence is there, Ratchet and Clank is roughly a AA - AAA series, but I think the cows have had enough with flops like lair that they don't want to risk it.

Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts

BioShockOwnz

ummm whatever.. 9.7 FTW

ZanuffC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZanuffC

thats pretty bad considering 1up usually gives tens to most good games. they have gave 4 in the last monthcrusher2002000

lol, a lot of really good games also got 5s and 6s, 1up is more harsh then most sites. :|

crazegamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 crazegamez

BioShockOwnz

I been hyping it AAA and same goes for Uncharted Drakes Fortune!! These two games are killer AAA material that PS3 owner been waiting for so long.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

BioShockOwnz

Sorry , we hype based on what Gamespot will likely give it. It has nothing to do with our confidence in the game itself or the developers.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#11 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts
Nice, cannot wait to pick it up.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

Well. Thats 1 right UP the cows... good list. I guess.

I suck.

Playstation97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Playstation97
Member since 2007 • 451 Posts

BioShockOwnz

Yea ok....and when we hyped Resistance that was done by the same devs and turned out to be less you guys made a rant about it!!

By the way the demo was awsome!! Looking forward to the game!

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

ZanuffC

Yeah but thats not really fair, I mean, if they hyped AAA and it flopped, they would get much more hell then if they hyped AA and it got AAA, the confidence is there, Ratchet and Clank is roughly a AA - AAA series, but I think the cows have had enough with flops like lair that they don't want to risk it.

What are they risking? A great game being called a flop in System Wars? Who cares.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
Cool. I dig R&C...I hope it does well in other reviews..
SuperVegeta518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SuperVegeta518
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Darn it, now I mighthave to get a PS3. Maybe it can still flop everywhere else. I don't want to shell out $600.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50633 Posts

thats pretty bad considering 1up usually gives tens to most good games. they have gave 4 in the last monthcrusher2002000

Troll

ZanuffC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ZanuffC
[QUOTE="ZanuffC"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

What are they risking? A great game being called a flop in System Wars? Who cares.

Yeah, pretty much. No one should care, but it would be another week of "lol flop, PS3 gets all flops, add one to the flop list, not even Ratchet can save PS3" etc etc. If I eventually get a PS3 I'll pick it up regardless, but I was expecting AAA from the start. :P

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Nike_Air

Sorry , we hype based on what Gamespot will likley give it. It has nothing to do with our confidence in the game itself or the developers.

Maybe you should stop overhyping games like Lair and Heavenly Sword and give the much deserved hype to outstanding looking games like R&C: ToD and Uncharted.

Playstation97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Playstation97

i see a 9 from gs finally cows get to touch their controllerplat1num913

This morning I was touching it from 6am to 11:30am!!! Playing Warhawk....guess that doesn't count right??

user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts

Can't believe cows underhyped this when it was obviously the best game coming to the system this year.

Will be great no matter what score it gets anyhow.

Max_Settings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Max_Settings
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts
1 up review? redundant!
crazegamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 crazegamez

i see a 9 from gs finally cows get to touch their controllerplat1num913

I been playing games with my PS3 Ninja Gaiden Sigma, War Hawk, Motor Storm, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Super Star Dust, Calling all Cars, Every Day Shooter, and ETC.And that dont includes all the other games that is multi...All these games i mention is also great and its worth playing...In the end of this year and begining of 0'8 games for ps3 owner will be pouring hard.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#24 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

9.7? For Ratchet and Clank? I don't see how this game would be much different than the PS2 Ratchet games.

Playstation97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Playstation97

Can't believe cows underhyped this when it was obviously the best game coming to the system this year.

Will be great no matter what score it gets anyhow.

user_nat

You haven't see uncharted yet that's for sure!

ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
Sweet, can't wait to get this whenever I get my PS3.
Max_Settings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Max_Settings

[QUOTE="plat1num913"]i see a 9 from gs finally cows get to touch their controllercrazegamez

I been playing games with my PS3 Ninja Gaiden Sigma, War Hawk, Motor Storm, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Super Star Dust, Calling all Cars, Every Day Shooter, and ETC.And that dont includes all the other games that is multi...All these games i mention is also great and its worth playing...In the end of this year and begining of 0'8 games for ps3 owner will be pouring hard.

I predict lots of cancelled games for the Ps3 due to poor sales

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
Pwned by Halo 3.
Max_Settings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Max_Settings

9.7? For Ratchet and Clank? I don't see how this game would be much different than the PS2 Ratchet games.

REVOLUTIONfreak

The Jello gun and dance gun I guess boosted it up for them

ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts
Since when does 1up do video reviews :o?
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
I wouldn't put alot of confidence in 1up reviews. They tend to either be overly generous or overly critical depending on the game.
joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 joker730
Member since 2007 • 1561 Posts
sweet cant wait to play this game R&C FTW
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#33 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
I would say at least 8.5 here.
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts
Good stuff :)
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 REVOLUTIONfreak
This is coming from the same media outlet that gave the last Ratchet and Clank console game a 10... -_-
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
The way 1up works is that they know they get aggregated with the other review sites, they often throw reviews up there to throw off sites like gamerankings. They gave lost planet a 6.5 to throw off the aggregators. BUT 9.7 HELL YES.
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts

Well duh. :roll: Ratchet & Clank Future looked amazing from the first trailer. Cows are so insecure now I almost feel sorry for them.

Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
NINE POINT SEVEN!
ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts
So yeah, apparently none of you have even watched the video, its only a preview, not review. And 1up grades on a .5 scale..
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#40 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Darn it, now I mighthave to get a PS3. Maybe it can still flop everywhere else. I don't want to shell out $600.

SuperVegeta518

LOL, as long as you have an interest and personally dig the game, would it really matter what the score was everywhere else? Or would it really matter what the score was anywhere for that matter? Who cares what it scores as long as YOU like it? Are you going to let reviewers and the opinions of fanboys decide for you?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Nike_Air

Sorry , we hype based on what Gamespot will likely give it. It has nothing to do with our confidence in the game itself or the developers.

What's the fun in that? AND if you really had faith in the Games and/or developers you wouldn't care what GS gave it you'd hype it just as strongly as the Sheep or Lemmings hype their games..

By admitting to that you admit that the cows have no spirit left at all. God, I hope that's not true.

Hype your games and have faith that Sony is going to pull through..I'm not even a cow and I believe that.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 white_sox

REVOLUTIONfreak

9.5? For Halo 3? I don't see how this game would be much different than the xbox Halo games.

It probably isn't that different, to be quite honest. All the games on the Ps2 had great scores, and why would they try to change the core game of a series that gets high scores and seems to sell well.

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

So yeah, apparently none of you have even watched the video, its only a preview, not review. And 1up grades on a .5 scale..ultima-flare

Finally someone notices it. Can't believe it took 2 pages. There's no score yet unless you look at the average user rating.

Max_Settings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Max_Settings

sweet cant wait to play this game R&C FTWjoker730

For the win!

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]

white_sox

9.5? For Halo 3? I don't see how this game would be much different than the xbox Halo games.

It probably isn't that different, to be quite honest. All the games on the Ps2 had great scores, and why would they try to change the core game of a series that gets high scores and seems to sell well.

Because your console is so next-gen that even Einstein wouldn't be able to figure it out if he was alive now.

LuvGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LuvGaming
Member since 2007 • 1290 Posts

BioShockOwnz
I've noticed that as well. Hehe.
crusher2002000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 crusher2002000
Member since 2004 • 645 Posts

white_sox

y do u compare two different reviews from different sites. 1up gives high scores all the time while gamespot hasn't gave a game a 10 in like 6 yrs. ps 1up gave halo 3 a 10 so they think its better thatn ratchet and clank

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 REVOLUTIONfreak

white_sox

I know, but it just seems overly generous of 1UP. By the way, I sincerely think that Halo 3 earned its score, the reason being because there are just so many extra touches to the game that it truly seems like you get your money's worth. Four play online co-op, an extremely robust multiplayer setup, a strong set of community features and a challenging single player is a lot of content for your money.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

Sorry , we hype based on what Gamespot will likley give it. It has nothing to do with our confidence in the game itself or the developers.

Maybe you should stop overhyping games like Lair and Heavenly Sword and give the much deserved hype to outstanding looking games like R&C: ToD and Uncharted.

Maybe you have no idea what you're talking about. I hyped HS 8.0. I think both of these future games are AA locks , but not AAA locks here at Gamespot. Why hype them as such ?Do I think Uncharted can get AAA ? Sure I do. But I also think it has a slightly better chance at AA. It serves me no purpose to go higher than what I think. That would be overhyping. Ratchet seems like an 8.0 - 8.5 based on the history of the games , history of Gamespot , and what the devsbrought to the table this time. A 9.7 at 1up is irrelevant.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 white_sox

Because your console is so next-gen that even Einstein wouldn't be able to figure it out if he was alive now.

Ilived
bad flamebait, try again.