$180 Rig That Will Play Crysis at Maximum Settings, 60FPS **Possible 56k**

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

This is the great onlive rikusaki really?

Animal-Mother

This is what I'm getting on my end (Remember that this is in 720p.)And my connection:

Doesn't matter, were getting the same speeds. I have FiOS as so you claim is ultra important. As I said onlive really impressed me. Looks likes it really is the future of gaming. Because remember what you get isn't what everyone else gets.

It's still amazing that it works with just three data centers in the entire United States. I think they should have more though. Gaikai is launching with 15 data centers to improve quality and reduce lag.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#202 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
[QUOTE="WhenCicadasCry"]

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

And how much did that rig cost you?

Rikusaki

£400 2 years ago. Upgraded a few weeks ago which cost £300 but I'm set until next gen and beyond lol. :P I'd rather spend money on a PC that I can use for my college work, watching videos, video converting, posting on forums ect, then spend £180 on a box that can only stream videos?

Yeah... I guess OnLive isn't for everyone. :)

What do you mean it's not for everyone. It's the future of gaming.
Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 Hakkai007
Member since 2005 • 4905 Posts

It's still amazing that it works with just three data centers in the entire United States. I think they should have more though. Gaikai is launching with 15 data centers to improve quality and reduce lag.Rikusaki

Answer my post.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

This is what I'm getting on my end (Remember that this is in 720p.)And my connection:

Rikusaki

Doesn't matter, were getting the same speeds. I have FiOS as so you claim is ultra important. As I said onlive really impressed me. Looks likes it really is the future of gaming. Because remember what you get isn't what everyone else gets.

It's still amazing that it works with just three data centers in the entire United States. I think they should have more though. Gaikai is launching with 15 data centers to improve quality and reduce lag.

That absolutely has nothing to do with what I said.. What you get isn't what everyone is gonna get proving that just because you set your self up for onlive and works great for you doesn't mean it will for everyone else. Please iterate to me how amazing this is and how it's the future of gaming. When A rig I built last year with speeds the same as you, performs worse. Now instead of answering questions your just telling it how great it is for you. When were proving you otherwise.

WhenCicadasCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 WhenCicadasCry
Member since 2010 • 2727 Posts

I can't even give it a try so I can form a unbiased opinion of it. I keep getting an Application Encountered An Unexpected Error pop up which apparently there's NO FIX for. I checked the OnLive forum and there's no fix. :|

rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

The minimum bare bones for a computer. Where's the meat?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

I can't even give it a try so I can form a unbiased opinion of it. I keep getting an Application Encountered An Unexpected Error pop up which apparently there's NO FIX for. I checked the OnLive forum and there's no fix. :|

WhenCicadasCry
reinstall it, that fixed the problem for me.
WhenCicadasCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 WhenCicadasCry

[QUOTE="WhenCicadasCry"]

ferret-gamer

reinstall it, that fixed the problem for me.

I reinstalled it twice. Lemme try again.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Rikusaki

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="WhenCicadasCry"]

£400 2 years ago. Upgraded a few weeks ago which cost £300 but I'm set until next gen and beyond lol. :P I'd rather spend money on a PC that I can use for my college work, watching videos, video converting, posting on forums ect, then spend £180 on a box that can only stream videos?

Animal-Mother

Yeah... I guess OnLive isn't for everyone. :)

What do you mean it's not for everyone. It's the future of gaming.

Well, not at the moment.

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
You need to stop. Seriously. You're stating to remind me of ProjectNatalFan. Stop before it's too late.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Rikusaki

That absolutely has nothing to do with what I said.. What you get isn't what everyone is gonna get proving that just because you set your self up for onlive and works great for you doesn't mean it will for everyone else. Please iterate to me how amazing this is and how it's the future of gaming. When A rig I built last year with speeds the same as you, performs worse. Now instead of answering questions your just telling it how great it is for you. When were proving you otherwise.

Animal-Mother

I'm just telling all of you that the technology hasn't been perfected yet. It has a lot of potential. And all of you get on my case for advertising the service. What the hell?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]That absolutely has nothing to do with what I said.. What you get isn't what everyone is gonna get proving that just because you set your self up for onlive and works great for you doesn't mean it will for everyone else. Please iterate to me how amazing this is and how it's the future of gaming. When A rig I built last year with speeds the same as you, performs worse. Now instead of answering questions your just telling it how great it is for you. When were proving you otherwise.

Rikusaki

I'm just telling all of you that the technology hasn't been perfected yet. It has a lot of potential. And all of you get on my case for advertising the service. What the hell?

Well, you have a sig that says the future of gaming. your telling us what can run crysis at maximum FPS when I built a Much better PC and it cant even run conviction. You've told us COUNTLESS times it's the future of gaming.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Rikusaki

Well, you have a sig that says the future of gaming. your telling us what can run crysis at maximum FPS when I built a Much better PC and it can even run conviction. You've told us COUNTLESS times it's the future of gaming.Animal-Mother
It's the future of gaming because it's a great, new concept with tons of potential. Simple as that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]That absolutely has nothing to do with what I said.. What you get isn't what everyone is gonna get proving that just because you set your self up for onlive and works great for you doesn't mean it will for everyone else. Please iterate to me how amazing this is and how it's the future of gaming. When A rig I built last year with speeds the same as you, performs worse. Now instead of answering questions your just telling it how great it is for you. When were proving you otherwise.

Rikusaki

You are advertising it for stuff it cant do. Like Sony saying the ps3 would have 4d and all games run at 120fps 1080p. How'd that turn out?

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Rikusaki
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] You are advertising it for stuff it cant do. Like Sony saying the ps3 would have 4d and games run at 120fps.

What can't OnLive do?
Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Hakkai007

Rikusaki

It seems you don't want to admit Onlive looks horrible.

I asked you to post specific screenshots and you have not answered.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Well, you have a sig that says the future of gaming. your telling us what can run crysis at maximum FPS when I built a Much better PC and it can even run conviction. You've told us COUNTLESS times it's the future of gaming.Rikusaki

It's the future of gaming because it's a great, new concept with tons of potential. Simple as that.

And where's the proof that it's the absolute future? What are sony and MS and ninty gonna go flying out the window?
Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Hakkai007

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] You are advertising it for stuff it cant do. Like Sony saying the ps3 would have 4d and games run at 120fps.Rikusaki
What can't OnLive do?

Onlive can't do what you posted in the title.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] You are advertising it for stuff it cant do. Like Sony saying the ps3 would have 4d and games run at 120fps.

What can't OnLive do?

It can't run 1080 P, and definitely not 60 FPS
hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 hexashadow13
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

ferret-gamer

You are advertising it for stuff it cant do. Like Sony saying the ps3 would have 4d and games run at 120fps.

The PS3 does have a 120fps game (Super Stardust HD), and what they called 4d is in games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedural_generation).
WhenCicadasCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 WhenCicadasCry

Ok, I deleted all traces of Onlive and reinstalled it and I'm still getting the error. Ohwell, I guess it's back to plain old 1080p max settings for me then. :|

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] You are advertising it for stuff it cant do. Like Sony saying the ps3 would have 4d and games run at 120fps.Rikusaki
What can't OnLive do?

$180 Rig That Will Play Crysis at Maximum Settings, 60FPS.

Yeah, just no. No freaking way in hell a streaming service will be doing that now. You're on the borderline for advertisment imo.

OnLive only has potential for gaming companies to do demos imo. It's perfect for that, but not for full games.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Rikusaki

Hakkai007

As far as I know, there isn't anything preventing them from building servers that can run Crysis.
It can't run 1080 P, and definitely not 60 FPSAnimal-Mother
1080p will be available next year. And some games are able to hit 60FPS.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

Rikusaki

OnLive has too many things going against it. The bandwidth requirement is a hard one especially for the US because infrastructure bandwidth is pretty tight as it is and for ISPs to invest in more infrastructure, they'll have to raise rates (bad move in a tight economy--likelihood of people leaving). Second, there are matters of property rights. You never really "own" games in OnLive (and their language makes that clear). There's an ongoing debate over first-sale rights over digitally-transmitted games such as those through Steam, and a case is still winding through the courts. Lastly, and most significantly, remote-controlling a game like that is going to introduce inevitable aspects of lag. And each step of the process produces more lag. You can reduce some of the lag with more data centers at shorter distances, but none of that is going to help much against the absolute minimum control lag caused by the speed of light (or whatever fraction of it a signal flowing down a line can make).
hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 hexashadow13
It's too early imo. The world needs better internet with better ping before something like this will work.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

[QUOTE="Hakkai007"]

Rikusaki

As far as I know, there isn't anything preventing them from building servers that can run Crysis.

But how about both 1080p and 60fps at the same time? And suppose your speed-limited like many people?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

[QUOTE="Hakkai007"]

Rikusaki

So, in other words, again you are advertising stuff it doesnt do yet, nor is really anyone honestly expecting them to go through with those promises.
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#229 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

One of my biggest problems with OnLive is that they had Crysis in the beta test, but now it's nowhere to be found along with Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins. Also, the image quality when in motion is generally not even console quality. Which I don't have a problem with, but let's keep things honest here.

I've come to believe that your connection speed doesn't really affect image quality beyond 7mb, and even at 6mb you can still get optimal image quality, it's just you'll get controller lag on FPS games, bad lag. Once another user said it shouldn't matter beyond a 6mb connection like I have, but strangely enough, a game like NBA 2k11 will not have lag, but I can jump over to Borderlands and the aiming is all over the place. What's the dealie-o?

My OnLive image quality(6mb/sec)...

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
I bet Rikusaki spends more time advertising OnLive than actually playing it. And seeing how everyone else posts craptastic looking screen shots, I bet he also photoshops his screen shots. And 1080p @ 60fps next year? Now that's the largest piece of baloney I read. There is no way that a large enough percentage of people will be able to even remotely stream something that big.
Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#231 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
You need to stop. Seriously. You're stating to remind me of ProjectNatalFan. Stop before it's too late.hexashadow13
LISTEN to this guy, you need to stop this bs
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Rikusaki

This just popped up on my screen. :o

Don't see it in the marketplace though... :(

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Animal-Mother

This just popped up on my screen. :o

Don't see it in the marketplace though... :(

Rikusaki

And your still avoiding everyone's points :?

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Rikusaki
[QUOTE="XIntoTheBlue"]I bet Rikusaki spends more time advertising OnLive than actually playing it. And seeing how everyone else posts craptastic looking screen shots, I bet he also photoshops his screen shots. And 1080p @ 60fps next year? Now that's the largest piece of baloney I read. There is no way that a large enough percentage of people will be able to even remotely stream something that big.

I didn't Photoshop my screenshots... I cropped them in Paint.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Rikusaki
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] So, in other words, again you are advertising stuff it doesnt do yet, nor is really anyone honestly expecting them to go through with those promises.

If 1080p never comes to OnLive, then I apologize for being an idiot.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Rikusaki

A notice about Dragon Age: Origins also popped up, but I couldn't screenshot it fast enough.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Rikusaki

It's officially 100% fact. Riku is avoiding my posts because he know image quality is crap in motion and it dark areas.

Guys don't listen to Riku he is obviously heavily biased and is lying.

Listen to the majority (everyone but Riku) who says the quality is bad and there is lag.

Hakkai007
I don't need to post those screens. Everyone else is doing it for me! :lol:
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

It's officially 100% fact. Riku is avoiding my posts because he know image quality is crap in motion and it dark areas.

Listen to the majority (everyone but Riku) who says the quality is bad and there is lag.

Hakkai007

There's nothing wrong with him promoting OnLive. But doing it everyday and saying it can do things that it currently cannot do isn't acceptable.

Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Hakkai007

[QUOTE="Hakkai007"]

Rikusaki

I don't need to post those screens. Everyone else is doing it for me! :lol:

Yah and they look like crap.

They make my eyes bleed.

Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Hakkai007

[QUOTE="Hakkai007"]

ChubbyGuy40

There's nothing wrong with him promoting OnLive. But doing it everyday and saying it can do things that it currently cannot do isn't acceptable.

I never said there was anything wrong with him promoting OnLive.

I said he was lying.

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 karasill
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] So, in other words, again you are advertising stuff it doesnt do yet, nor is really anyone honestly expecting them to go through with those promises.Rikusaki

You should apologize for other things as well. You have been caught lying about your ISP and what kind of service they provide you(Verizon Fios ring any bells?).

I think Onlive has potential but it will never replace a PC in pure speed and visual quality/settings. There is still a long ways to go before the United States' Internet infrastructure has matured enough to allow a service like Onlive to be a standard in any kind of gaming. Internet speeds are still generally too slow for most people and we do have something like bandwidth caps (Usually at 30GB to 50GB per month) that wont be going away anytime soon unless you're willing to pay a hefty premium. Onlive is good on paper, but it's not really practical for most people and it has many bumps to overcome.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Rikusaki

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] So, in other words, again you are advertising stuff it doesnt do yet, nor is really anyone honestly expecting them to go through with those promises.karasill

You should apologize for other things as well. You have been caught lying about your ISP and what kind of service they provide you(Verizon Fios ring any bells?).

I think Onlive has potential but it will never replace a PC in pure speed and visual quality/settings. There is still a long ways to go before the United States' Internet infrastructure has matured enough to allow a service like Onlive to be a standard in any kind of gaming. Internet speeds are still generally too slow for most people and we do have something like bandwidth caps (Usually at 30GB to 50GB per month) that wont be going away anytime soon unless you're willing to pay a hefty premium. Onlive is good on paper, but it's not really practical for most people and it has many bumps to overcome.

Umm... When did I say I had FiOS?
raskullibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 raskullibur
Member since 2003 • 3390 Posts
I think Rikusaki is just trolling.
WhenCicadasCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 WhenCicadasCry

[QUOTE="karasill"]

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"] If 1080p never comes to OnLive, then I apologize for being an idiot.Rikusaki

I'm sure you said you had FiOS and it travels at the speed of light meaning you get better image quality then everyone else. And you had to be close to the central data banks or something. :lol:

WhenCicadasCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 WhenCicadasCry

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

My 30mb connection is to slow?

*checks onlive Just Cause 2 demo, def not Max settings, sorry, definatly not even 30fps, sorry.

Rikusaki

It's not all about bandwidth. It's how fast it get there. ;)

Got to love that Onlive quality.

Hakkai007

Looks nothing like what I'm getting on my end. Come back when you have Verizon FiOS.

See? :lol:

Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Hakkai007

He is trying to compare this.

To this

StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts

I really feel like Im becoming one of those old people that hate change, but I really hope OnLive fails spectacularly.

Bleh. I like to own my consoles and games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

[QUOTE="karasill"]

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"] If 1080p never comes to OnLive, then I apologize for being an idiot.Rikusaki

You kept telling me that i had worse quality than you because i didnt have FIOS. that implies you have FIOS. Even though that statement is BS as well, especially the lolful argument of you saying fiber optic allowing data to go at the speed of light without really understanding how physics works.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

Am i going to need to do this every time there is an onlive thread?

Rikusaki

Nice, but Comcast won't cut it. You need fiber optic to get the performance and clarity that I have.

He has the same ISP you have and faster internet.