You think Kingdom Hearts is going to last as long as Final fantasy?

MasterC2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 MasterC2009
Member since 2005 • 690 Posts
It seems one of the most popular games nowadays. Now, with the announce of KH3, it seems they may make this a really long series. I think they could last that long too. It is one of the b est games of all time.
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts

It seems one of the most popular games nowadays. Now, with the announce of KH3, it seems they may make this a really long series. I think they could last that long too. It is one of the b est games of all time. MasterC2009

I don't know, it could but I doubt it.

chosen1srt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chosen1srt
Member since 2003 • 393 Posts
I don't think that it will last as long as the Final Fantasy series simply becuase they are different in various ways.

Final Fantasy series is(a title series so to speak) Each game is different, with an entire new storyline that does not relate to a past game (with a few exceptions). FF has an entire new cast each time. Though we all love the series you can really give it another title and you would have the same great game; but of course I would not suggest this because at least for me it just would not feel the same. Another thing is remember it is/was created by squaresoft(now square enix) and square enix owns it entirely.

Kingdom Hearts is a continuation of a series; it could be a long one like Lord of the Rings long but they all relate to one another and need each other to complete the story. It has the same main cast throughout and most of all it does look like (at least to me) the story was created to have a resolution in other words some kind of ending. Another difference is unlike FF everything is not owned entirely in KH. They are using characters from Disney as well and this is a joint venture. The series will continue as long as the contracts between the two permit so; which also may mean that they already know somewhat of how long they will go with the game.

OGEpisodes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 OGEpisodes
Member since 2003 • 2543 Posts
It will not last as long as FF if they keep on making sequels to Sora's story. If they make a new character's story for KHIV or V maybe; then I would guess that it will go on for a relatively long time.
Toucanbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Toucanbird
Member since 2004 • 6440 Posts

I agree. If the series wants to continue like FF, it needs to mature to the preferred audience, ages 14-26 vaguely area, and at some point, they are going to have to cut off roots to Sora.

Look at the Shadow Hearts series for those who have played it.

SPOILERS

I mean, they killed off Alice after the first one and Yuri after the 2nd one. They are the two lead characters of the series!

Also from what I hear, SH: From the New World is going to be pretty good. It looks good. I know I'm going to get it.

Sorry, I went a little off-topic there.

--MasterLink--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 --MasterLink--
Member since 2006 • 324 Posts
I don't think Kingdom Hearts is going to last as long as Final Fantasy.
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts
It seems one of the most popular games nowadays. Now, with the announce of KH3, it seems they may make this a really long series. I think they could last that long too. It is one of the b est games of all time. MasterC2009

Never. Kingdom Hearts games are ALL related, so it's impossible to make it span 20+ sagas. That's almost never happens in history, Kingdom Hearts is no exception.
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingdom09
Member since 2005 • 53071 Posts
KH3 will be the last prolly, but it would be good if they made more of them.
Toucanbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Toucanbird
Member since 2004 • 6440 Posts

I don't know you guys. If they can keep making more KH characters (not Disney, not FF), than I think this series has a legit chance at sticking around for a while.

There is a lot you could do with this series, a lot more than you might think.

I know what you guys are thinking, oh they are going to run out of FF characters to use and Disney characters to use and Disney worlds to use. But, I think if they continue to create more of the KH characters, this could be a dominant series for years to come.

Do I dare say it...replace FF down the line? We all have to admit that FF has been on the decline the last few years and Kingdom Hearts is hot cakes right now.

gill9221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gill9221
Member since 2004 • 449 Posts
Final Fantasy in a downfall? Well, I can't say I've played a good FF since... X, and the terrible acting really took away from the experience. How many years ago was that? XII could (and IMO will) change that. It would really be something to see KH original characters in their own game. I'm actually really surprised they're talking about going for a 3, but then again, I. It seems like after the first two PS2 games, they've thrown in about everything Disney fans could want. Definately some room for some Kefka's and Cecil's, but KH isn't about Final Fantasy, it's about Disney. Here's an excerpt from a tech TV interview thanks to KH Ultimania TechTV: What does the future hold for "Kingdom Hearts"? Would you like to see it become a long-running series like "Final Fantasy," or do you have a finite vision for the series? Nomura: In the "Final Fantasy" series each installment has had a new set of characters and a new story, which keeps it going. But in "Kingdom Hearts" Sora is the main character. So obviously, with us only playing as one main character in this series, keeping that character alive and interesting will be a challenge. For every character there must be an end, although I don't know when or what the end of Sora's journey will be. In the future, sometime, there might be an end, but for now I will continue to explore Sora and his story. and another... GMR: With the first Kingdom Hearts, you took a wait-and-see approach before starting work on a sequel. Now that the series is a success, do you plan to turn Kingdom Hearts into an ongoing, Final Fantasy-sized franchise? What is the future of Kingdom Hearts? TN: I believe that the Final Fantasy series is one that will continue forever. On the other hand, Kingdom Hearts will come to an end at some point. Whether that end comes in the next story or in several more installments, I do not know. What I do know is that I already see that "last scene" that will put an end to Kingdom Hearts. Ugh... I wanted to find the one that said he had ideas for four games when they came to Disney, but those are good enough, I guess.
sa_jcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 sa_jcfan
Member since 2003 • 339 Posts
That'd be awful, honestly. If Kingdom Hearts can have a different storyline and new characters each time (i.e. Final Fantasy itsel), it can work but for now, I only see it as a trilogy.
murrayblake339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 murrayblake339
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

I hope it dont which it wont if they keep that main character they have and a different story line.

Plus Final Fantasy been out since forever when you think about it Final Fantasy was my first game and

i been playing it ever since.

so my answer would be No to keep a long story short.

JRPGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JRPGamer
Member since 2006 • 390 Posts
I highly doubt Kingdom hearts has the capability to last that long. Sure they have the talent, but...why? how?
OrianaDorta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OrianaDorta
Member since 2005 • 3114 Posts
i really dont think so cuz it could get boring...always the same disney worlds and stuff...
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingdom09
Member since 2005 • 53071 Posts

That'd be awful, honestly. If Kingdom Hearts can have a different storyline and new characters each time (i.e. Final Fantasy itsel), it can work but for now, I only see it as a trilogy.sa_jcfan

Well having new characters would make it more like FF but I don't want that ,i want the same characters or at least some of them anywyas.