Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101 Cronaroth
Member since 2004 • 3011 Posts
[QUOTE="pikastar"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="SymonDezyn"]LOL, I think it would make something in his brain explode and he would run around in circles like a dog chasing its tail till he finally got dizzy and fell down :Dfs_metal

cloud has a brain?! :P

Yes he does

When is he going to start using it to realize things like how to not be a selfish emo ass or that a chick with big boobs wants him?

never?
pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#102 pikastar
Member since 2006 • 3405 Posts
[QUOTE="pikastar"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="SymonDezyn"]LOL, I think it would make something in his brain explode and he would run around in circles like a dog chasing its tail till he finally got dizzy and fell down :Dfs_metal

Yes he does

When is he going to start using it to realize things like how to not be a selfish emo ass or that a chick with big boobs wants him?

Ok now youve gone too far. Cloud is not emo. He has no characteristics of emo. Look up the definition of emo before labeling something incorrectly. When in the hell is he selfish? The guy would rather die himself to save the ones he loves. I suggest reading this to understand Cloud, because obviously youve missed something.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#103 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="pikastar"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="SymonDezyn"]LOL, I think it would make something in his brain explode and he would run around in circles like a dog chasing its tail till he finally got dizzy and fell down :Dpikastar

Yes he does

Ok now youve gone too far. Cloud is not emo. He has no characteristics of emo. Look up the definition of emo before labeling something incorrectly. When in the hell is he selfish? The guy would rather die himself to save the ones he loves. I suggest reading this to understand Cloud, because obviously youve missed something.

Are you kidding me? Watch Advent Children? He is like...posterboy for the entire emo movement he is so emo in it.

Clouyd is selfish because he continues to look down on himself instead of...you know...seeing that he isn't the ponly person in the world that has problems. That is why he is selfish

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
[QUOTE="pikastar"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="pikastar"]

Yes he does

Are you kidding me? Watch Advent Children? He is like...posterboy for the entire emo movement he is so emo in it.

Clouyd is selfish because he continues to look down on himself instead of...you know...seeing that he isn't the ponly person in the world that has problems. That is why he is selfish

That was pathetic. "Oh, a girl I knew for a week or two died, so I'm gonna mope about it for two years." We all know why we had so many swords in AC. ;)

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="pikastar"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="pikastar"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="SymonDezyn"]LOL, I think it would make something in his brain explode and he would run around in circles like a dog chasing its tail till he finally got dizzy and fell down :DDrAwesomeMD

Yes he does

That was pathetic. "Oh, a girl I knew for a week or two died, so I'm gonna mope about it for two years." We all know why we had so many swords in AC. ;)

You know....I have said this virutally word for word before.
pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 pikastar
[QUOTE="pikastar"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="pikastar"]

Yes he does

You really dont want to get in an arguement about Cloud with me :P I will say it again. Look up the definition of emo. Depression and low self esteem are not emo. And yes I have watched Advent Children many, many times.

So what if he is down on himself? Its not selfishness. He is always there for his friends no matter what, always fighting when he is needed by others. That is not selfishness.

He never believes he is the only one with problems. He would rather carry his problems silently then burden others. He didnt want to tell Tifa about his Geostigma because he didnt want to give her more things to worry about. I dont know where you got that idea.

Did you read the link to try to learn a different perspective?

DrAwesomeMD

It was not Aerith's death that made him upset in Advent Children. It was an influence, yes, but not the cause. Cloud was moving on with his life (as shown in the Novel). He was happy not moping for two years. It was then he contracted Geostigma which seriously weakened him. He feared he was unable to protect Tifa, his family, and his friends. He didnt want to fail to protect them like he believes he did with Zack and Aerith. He then isolated himself, thinking it best if he wasnt there. Thats when he moved into the church because that was the only other place he knew. He was not there because he was moping about Aerith.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="pikastar"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="pikastar"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="SymonDezyn"]LOL, I think it would make something in his brain explode and he would run around in circles like a dog chasing its tail till he finally got dizzy and fell down :Dpikastar

Yes he does

You really dont want to get in an arguement about Cloud with me :P I will say it again. Look up the definition of emo. Depression and low self esteem are not emo. And yes I have watched Advent Children many, many times.

So what if he is down on himself? Its not selfishness. He is always there for his friends no matter what, always fighting when he is needed by others. That is not selfishness.

He never believes he is the only one with problems. He would rather carry his problems silently then burden others. He didnt want to tell Tifa about his Geostigma because he didnt want to give her more things to worry about. I dont know where you got that idea.

DrAwesomeMD

It was not Aerith's death that made him upset in Advent Children. It was an influence, yes, but not the cause. Cloud was moving on with his life (as shown in the Novel). He was happy not moping for two years. It was then he contracted Geostigma which seriously weakened him. He feared he was unable to protect Tifa, his family, and his friends. He didnt want to fail to protect them like he believes he did with Zack and Aerith. He then isolated himself, thinking it best if he wasnt there. Thats when he moved into the church because that was the only other place he knew. He was not there because he was moping about Aerith.

Every frickin emo kid is depressed with low self esteem dude. Cloud was extremely emo...and selfish.

If he was happy and not moping for 2 years, why was he moping in AC? Oh waiut...he must have been moping for 2 years...or is it jsut irony that he sta rted moping hte moment AC began?

pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 pikastar
[QUOTE="pikastar"]

[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

fs_metal

Every frickin emo kid is depressed with low self esteem dude. Cloud was extremely emo...and selfish.

If he was happy and not moping for 2 years, why was he moping in AC? Oh waiut...he must have been moping for 2 years...or is it jsut irony that he sta rted moping hte moment AC began?

Sigh why do I have to continually repeat myself? Depression and low self esteem are not emo. A huge percent of the american population has some form of depression or low self esteem. They are not labeled as emo. Please tell me where he is selfish because yet again there is no valid example.

And I answered your second question already. If you read the novel with AC, it clearly shows Cloud happy and moving on with his life. Moving into Seventh Heaven with Tifa for example. Shortly after he started the delievery service he contracted Geostigma. The fact that he was moping in the begining of AC was because they decided to start the movie when he was already extremely sick from Geostigma. There is no irony that just where the movie starts. He was not moping for 2 years at all.

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DrAwesomeMD
There was a novel?
pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 pikastar

There was a novel?DrAwesomeMD

Yep :) It came with the Limited Edition of Advent Children. Tells a bit about what they did between the end of FFVII and AC. Like how Denzel came to live with them, how the Delievery Service got started, where Cloud got Fenrir from, ect.

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 DrAwesomeMD

[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]There was a novel?pikastar

Yep :) It came with the Limited Edition of Advent Children. Tells a bit about what they did between the end of FFVII and AC. Like how Denzel came to live with them, how the Delievery Service got started, where Cloud got Fenrir from, ect.

Sounds interesting.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 fs_metal

Sigh why do I have to continually repeat myself? Depression and low self esteem are not emo. A huge percent of the american population has some form of depression or low self esteem. They are not labeled as emo. Please tell me where he is selfish because yet again there is no valid example.

And I answered your second question already. If you read the novel with AC, it clearly shows Cloud happy and moving on with his life. Moving into Seventh Heaven with Tifa for example. Shortly after he started the delievery service he contracted Geostigma. The fact that he was moping in the begining of AC was because they decided to start the movie when he was already extremely sick from Geostigma. There is no irony that just where the movie starts. He was not moping for 2 years at all.

pikastar
Because you are wrong and cannot accept it? Cloud was emo because he was extremely depressed and had no self esteem all the damn time. He constnatly looked down on himself, and for what? Because some girl t hat he knew for a week died 2 years ago? Give me a freaking break. That is incredibly emo. He probably cuts himself with that oversized compensating sword of his. That's how emo he is. 2 years. He moped for 2 frickin years. The movie clearly displays that the reason he was unhappy in it was not because of the sickness he had. It was still because of Aerith./ That's why she appeared in it...like 3 times. Selfish emo prick
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

An argument is an argument, but an argument can escalate to a quarrel. May i request for all posters to at least respect the readers of your posts by using appropriate and courteous words? And never to direct any comments/anger/remarks at fellow posters.

pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 pikastar

I am sick of argueing, I have clearly stated the facts, avaliable in the Novel as well as AC. Everyone can take what they want from it.

I just think that the one time I finally make valid arguements for something I believe in, I get cut down for it.

There are characters I do not like, but I never say rude or untrue things to someone else that about their favorite charater.

Throwing a joke out at a characters expense is one thing, but this is going way past that point.

SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#115 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts

I am sick of argueing, I have clearly stated the facts, avaliable in the Novel as well as AC. Everyone can take what they want from it.

I just think that the one time I finally make valid arguements for something I believe in, I get cut down for it.

There are characters I do not like, but I never say rude or untrue things to someone else that about their favorite charater.

Throwing a joke out at a characters expense is one thing, but this is going way past that point.

pikastar

For what it's worth, no one was cutting you down. I think you made some very valid points. I believe KC made her post because this whole thread has been one series of arguments after another, and it was a general statement made to try and steer the topic back to its' original purpose.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 fs_metal

pikastar
I clearly stated the facts as they are presented in the game and in the movie, soooo...whats your point?
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 kinetic-core

If you want facts, all the facts are in the games itself. The thoughts of the players/readers/ watchers that come from the games or stories or novels or movies are mere opinions. And that's what everyone's been doing, there was no fact involved in this topic, at all.

So what is Cloud? emo? No. Like what the director says, Cloud is just a person trying to live for the sake of his dead friend. That explains all his actions? A dead friend, how lively can you get? At FFVII, it got worse, another one died. Then, in the end, there were new-found friends (in AC and DoC). And so, now Cloud is living for "breathing and living" friends, that's why he's changed. For the better.

So, if anyone even wish to say Cloud wasn't emo, or was depressed, or had low self-esteem, it'd better be stated clearly which FFVII title is being referred to.

Emo is a term too generalized to even allow us to know the true meaning of emo, it's a... high-level thing. :lol: haha~

Everyone has a different perspective of what "emo" is. I believe fs was thinking the same thing as most of us, just that his feelings/thoughts coincides with his interpretaion of what "emo" is. Actually , Cloud's actions is "emo" to me, to a certain extent. It all depends on what each one of us think.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 fs_metal
If he was trying ti love for the sake of his dead friend, why did he act the exact opposite of Zack by acting emo?
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 kinetic-core

If he was trying tolive for the sake of his dead friend, why did he act the exact opposite of Zack by acting emo?fs_metal

Well... maybe it was the lack of emotions. He only knew what Zack was, a Soldier... etc. But, he never knew Zack's feelings. He's just an empty shell without feelings then :P