Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fatboi94
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

ive always wanted to do one of these.

ya know what grind my gears? when people say "Aerith" instead of "Aeris". I mean seriuosly people, pick one.

Strathdor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Strathdor
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts
It's when people start saying the game sucks because the combat style is different. I mean come on each game is different because it's what makes Final Fantasy. Some people just don't like to adjust and prefer everything to be the same for every single game.
fatboi94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fatboi94
good point. i agree.
crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

It's when people start saying the game sucks because the combat style is different. I mean come on each game is different because it's what makes Final Fantasy. Some people just don't like to adjust and prefer everything to be the same for every single game.Strathdor

I agree as well.

Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts

It's when people start saying the game sucks because the combat style is different. I mean come on each game is different because it's what makes Final Fantasy. Some people just don't like to adjust and prefer everything to be the same for every single game.Strathdor

Thank you! I agree too.

fatboi94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fatboi94

here's another one

on KH: un-skippable cutscreens

Avatar image for michelle_moraes
michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7 michelle_moraes
Member since 2005 • 4198 Posts

Yeah! That is a bit upseting when some bash the game just because of this! As far as Aeris and Aerith thing goes, I really don't mind! Personally I prefer Aeris because that's the american version's standard, so that's what I'm used to! But I really don't mind at all any variation.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 queen_valentine

oh yes! which reminds me:

Almost any FF game - unskippable GF/summon/aeon (whatever the heck you wanna call 'em all) animation sequences!!! I mean come on...did anyone even try to summon Eden? It's like the longest animation ever! You boost past 250 and the thing's still going! I don't care how much damage it does....it's just not worth it! :P

fatboi94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fatboi94
ur right but it still think that if u beat game already and play it again it gets kinda annoying. but thats just my opinion.
michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 michelle_moraes

oh yes! which reminds me:

Almost any FF game - unskippable GF/summon/aeon (whatever the heck you wanna call 'em all) animation sequences!!! I mean come on...did anyone even try to summon Eden? It's like the longest animation ever! You boos past 250 and the thing's still going! I don't care how much damage it does....it's just not worth it! :P

queen_valentine

HAHAHA! Yeah, Eden GF was just way too much boring to summon because of it! That's why I used Squall regular attack so much (besides the fact he was an overpower character... :roll: )

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

Cloud. End of story.

I agree with the GF/summon thing

Also,

continuous remaking.

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 michelle_moraes

Cloud. End of story.

Also,

continuous remaking.

IpodHero176

Hahahaha! I also agree with all of the above! Especially those remakes!!!

Jayvon215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jayvon215
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
What grinds my gears is how People hate on Squall and call him a hormonal teenager. If you didn t like him why did you end his game????
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

Cloud. End of story.

Also,

continuous remaking.

michelle_moraes

Hahahaha! I also agree with all of the above! Especially those remakes!!!

I know. It's like you don't have to remake one game 10 times.

fatboi94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fatboi94
that is so true.
michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 michelle_moraes

What grinds my gears is how People hate on Squall and call him a hormonal teenager. If you didn t like him why did you end his game????Jayvon215

Hahaha yeah... but I believe FFVIII is the game that people or hate or love, of all FFs.... fortunately, I loved that game!

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IpodHero176

[QUOTE="Jayvon215"]What grinds my gears is how People hate on Squall and call him a hormonal teenager. If you didn t like him why did you end his game????michelle_moraes

Hahaha yeah... but I believe FFVIII is the game that people or hate or love, of all FFs.... fortunately, I loved that game!

Me too.

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts

I was never a fan of FFVIII, but I made it a resolution to complete it again before the end of this year. Some of my friends have been telling me I didn't give it a fair chance the first time, so this time i'm going to try and keep an open mind.

Not being able to skip Aeons/Summos is hugely annoying...Knights of the round comes to mind

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 IpodHero176

I was never a fan of FFVIII, but I made it a resolution to complete it again before the end of this year. Some of my friends have been telling me I didn't give it a fair chance the first time, so this time i'm going to try and keep an open mind.

Not being able to skip Aeons/Summos is hugely annoying...Knights of the round comes to mind

N8A

Which is why most people don't use KOTR.

Orave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Orave
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts

N8A

yea that's pretty damn annoying

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 queen_valentine

what grinds my gears?

LAG! (Just bring a guest in XII to either the Sochen Cave Palace or Nabudis and you'll see what I am saying)

Jayvon215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jayvon215

Yea that s instant death in Sochen Cave you are right... Another thing that grinds my gears is not being able to play with Reddas on 12.. I just think that he was so cool

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IpodHero176

what grinds my gears?

LAG! (Just bring a guest in XII to either the Sochen Cave Palace or Nabudis and you'll see what I am saying)

queen_valentine

Agreed.

Another thing that grinds my gears?

Not making more original games.

Squaresoft had so many different series while SE only had a few.

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 michelle_moraes
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"]

what grinds my gears?

IpodHero176

Agreed.

I completely agree with you. I hope this TGS they announce new RPGs, even knowing the chance of this happening is almost zero.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"]

what grinds my gears?

michelle_moraes

Agreed.

I completely agree with you. I hope this TGS they announce new RPGs, even knowing the chance of this happening is almost zero.

Off topic: I can't wait for TGS!! :D

on topic: Yeah, I would have liked to play more as Reddas. I thought he was a way cool character. Too bad he ends up [spoiler] dying at the end. :( [/spoiler]

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"]

what grinds my gears?

michelle_moraes

Agreed.

Yeah. The only thing I know will be in the TGS is

Europe's release of KH2: FM+

Another thing is that they haven't remade secrets of mana yet. Gab would like the game, I know I am.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Andraxal
Member since 2006 • 1814 Posts

ya know what grind my gears? when people say "Aerith" instead of "Aeris". I mean seriuosly people, pick one.

fatboi94

I've got LOTS of replies incomming so sorry in advanced. There's nothing wrong with saying Aerith, that was her name. Even though they botched it's name, I liked it more as Aerith as it added a little more originality rather than Aeris, which I think isnt as cool.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Andraxal

fatboi94

Sorry in advanced to the many replies I'm going to make. Anyway, I like Aerith better it sounds more original. So what?! If they messed up the name just a little, there's nothing wrong with some originality, it adds more flavor to the game. :) I think that's kinda silly.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Andraxal

here's another one

fatboi94

I as a developer would make them unskippable. So that you get to soak in more of the lore. Also some gamers just skip every cutscene just to play the game, which I beleive undermines the hard work put into the game.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="fatboi94"]

here's another one

Andraxal

I as a developer would make them unskippable. So that you get to soak in more of the lore. Also some gamers just skip every cutscene just to play the game, which I beleive undermines the hard work put into the game.

I always watch cutscenes the first time around, but if I'm replaying a game, I'd like to skip them sometimes. Since I already know what's happening, you know?

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Andraxal

Cloud. End of story.

Also,

continuous remaking.

IpodHero176

Please support more reasons for hating him so I may continue the topic. :) Not defending him, I just want something more to go on Cecil!

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Andraxal

What grinds my gears is how People hate on Squall and call him a hormonal teenager. If you didn t like him why did you end his game????Jayvon215

Okay, I'm going to put this politely to prevent flamming. :) I'm not going to be mean or rude, just informative. I never beat or "ended" the game of Final Fantasy VIII. I couldn't stand it that much. He is a hormonal teenager, didn't you know? He's in his teens, and he's going through many mood swings.

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 michelle_moraes
[QUOTE="fatboi94"]

here's another one

Andraxal

Personally, I love when you can skip those. Just like the game I played recently for instance (Jeanne D'arc). I died on that game many times, and the battles are LONG since it is a Strategy RPG. If I were to have to stop and watch every single time I died those long dialogues, I'd probably have not finished the game yet, not to mention it would have been a waste of time which I could use playing something else... but that's just my opinion, and I do understand your point. If I were a developer, I'd most likely be a bit upset about people skipping it on the first time through the game, but honestly, I don't see people doing that....

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="Andraxal"][QUOTE="fatboi94"]

here's another one

michelle_moraes

Personally, I love when you can skip those. Just like the game I played recently for instance (Jeanne D'arc). I died on that game many times, and the battles are LONG since it is a Strategy RPG. If I were to have to stop and watch every single time I died those long dialogues, I'd probably have not finished the game yet, not to mention it would have been a waste of time which I could use playing something else... but that's just my opinion, and I do understand your point. If I were a developer, I'd most likely be a bit upset about people skipping it on the first time through the game, but honestly, I don't see people doing that....

Yea, I think most people actually watch cutscenes. Especially if it's a story-driven game, they want to know more. But I agree with Aeris too, especially if you keep dying or something, it's nice to be able to skip cutscenes.

In the end it's all about giving players the choice, since it's always nice to have a choice.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Andraxal

what grinds my gears?

queen_valentine

I never encountered any lag, did anyone else have this problem?

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Andraxal

Yea that s instant death in Sochen Cave you are right... Another thing that grinds my gears is not being able to play with Reddas on 12.. I just think that he was so cool

Jayvon215

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS::::

Yeah he was definitely one of the more lively Judges. :) I thought they did a good job on him, I liked how he wore pink and was not a girly-girl. Real men wear pink! HahahahahahA~

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Andraxal
[QUOTE="michelle_moraes"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"]

what grinds my gears?

IpodHero176

Agreed.

Yeah. The only thing I know will be in the TGS is

Europe's release of KH2: FM+

Another thing is that they haven't remade secrets of mana yet. Gab would like the game, I know I am.

They make plenty, they just don't get as much attention as they should. :( I would probably like a brand new Mana game, I'm afraid people would hate it for what it is though, not for being a good game. Even if it was put together like an old school mana game people would still bash it, and I think that's what keeps SquareEnix from making a new one. Kingdom Hearts remixes are just horrible excuses for milking another series.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Andraxal

here's another one

queen_valentine

I always watch cutscenes the first time around, but if I'm replaying a game, I'd like to skip them sometimes. Since I already know what's happening, you know?

Yeah, but that still undermines the developers wishes, and hard work. I dunno, I got a firm stand on it. :( I doubt you could change it. If it was an annoying cutscene which happens after summoning a monster, I dunno I guess I'd agree it needs to be skipable, but definitely not story scenes.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Andraxal

here's another one

michelle_moraes

If dying is your thing, than play Disgaea. Hahahaha. Depending on how you die you trigger many different endings. Hahahaha. :) Or instead of dying, kill your OWN allies for different endings! HAHAHAHA~

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="Andraxal"][QUOTE="fatboi94"]

here's another one

Andraxal

Yeah, but that still undermines the developers wishes, and hard work. I dunno, I got a firm stand on it. :( I doubt you could change it. If it was an annoying cutscene which happens after summoning a monster, I dunno I guess I'd agree it needs to be skipable, but definitely not story scenes.

Yea, I really do wish you could skip summoning scenes. Eden anyone?

As far as the lag I had in XII, it was only when I brought a guest with me to highly-populated dungeons. Before I headed to the Ridorana Cataract and still had Reddas with me, I went and explored the Sochen Cave Palace and the Necrohol of Nabudis. And had TONS of lag there, it almost made it unplayable - especially in Sochen.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Andraxal
Hmmm. I never had that problem. I didn't like the instant death thing either. I'll probably end up replaying that game soon. I came close to spending some of my 100$ paycheck today on Disgaea II.
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 queen_valentine

Hmmm. I never had that problem. I didn't like the instant death thing either. I'll probably end up replaying that game soon. I came close to spending some of my 100$ paycheck today on Disgaea II. Andraxal

Yes, instant death is seriously lame. Unless of course, it's coming from me to the monster, hahahahaaha.

But seriously, instant death = BOOO. One good thing about the junctioning system from FF8 though is that you could actually protect yourself from instant KO attacks if you junctioned 100 Deaths to your magic defense, I think it was.

I need to play more games. I haven't played a game in a few days. I spend most of my time either at work, on the internet (ironically, talking about games), or with my friends. I just bought Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner today and I didn't even touch it. I honestly need to stop buying new games and finish at least some of my old ones.

Cronaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Cronaroth
Member since 2004 • 3011 Posts
what grinds my gear? No new Chrono game...:'(
Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Andraxal
I've always wondered what those kind of games are like, the Shin Megami ones that is. :) Yeah, I hear you Magus! :)
Jayvon215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jayvon215
another thing that grinds my gears is the way the lead characters in grandia is designed. why do they always have on headgear except Ryudou and why in the world do they all have the same ultimate moves and moveset SpOILERS SKY DRAGON SLASH
Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Andraxal

another thing that grinds my gears is the way the lead characters in grandia is designed. why do they always have on headgear except Ryudou and why in the world do they all have the same ultimate moves and moveset SpOILERS SKY DRAGON SLASHJayvon215

There's nothing wrong with headgear silly. Headgear protects your head of course, it's armor. :) Yeah, so they aren't as original as you'd like however, there's nothing wrong with the head gear. I don't know or have an excuse as to why the ultimate moves are the same, perhaps its sometype of forshadowing into some secrets we're supposed to be able to pick up?

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 queen_valentine

I've always wondered what those kind of games are like, the Shin Megami ones that is. :) Yeah, I hear you Magus! :) Andraxal

I guess they're supposed to be quite good. Persona 3 and Nocturne are hailed to be the best in the series. I managed to pick up the average one in the series. Hhahahaha. Oh well, it was an impulse buy. But the story sounds really really intriguing as you get to recruit demons to be in your party.

The Shin Megami Tensei games tend to have a lot to do with demons (as Nocturne does too). However, Persona 3 is more about being able to take control of different personas. And how is this done? By shooting yourself in the head. No joke. How cool is that?

Anyway, something that grinds my gears? Materia. Just all of it.

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="Andraxal"][QUOTE="fatboi94"]

here's another one

Andraxal

I agree. I only skip them if I lost and had to see it again.

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

[QUOTE="Andraxal"]I've always wondered what those kind of games are like, the Shin Megami ones that is. :) Yeah, I hear you Magus! :) queen_valentine

I guess they're supposed to be quite good. Persona 3 and Nocturne are hailed to be the best in the series. I managed to pick up the average one in the series. Hhahahaha. Oh well, it was an impulse buy. But the story sounds really really intriguing as you get to recruit demons to be in your party.

The Shin Megami Tensei games tend to have a lot to do with demons (as Nocturne does too). However, Persona 3 is more about being able to take control of different personas. And how is this done? By shooting yourself in the head. No joke. How cool is that?

I also hate materia. It limits you too much.

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 S_Jake
Member since 2004 • 1502 Posts
[QUOTE="Andraxal"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="Andraxal"][QUOTE="fatboi94"]

here's another one

IpodHero176

I agree. I only skip them if I lost and had to see it again.

I agree with Ipod: Watching them once is fine, but more than that is a chore. If I'm playing a game for the second time, I don't want to be wasting time watching the cut-scenes again: I already know what's happened, for crying out loud!

[QUOTE="Andraxal"]I've always wondered what those kind of games are like, the Shin Megami ones that is. :) Yeah, I hear you Magus! :) queen_valentine

Ahh, I'm still eagerly awaiting my copy of Persona 3. Nocturne (if you can find it) is awesome and the DDS games are also excellent (especially the first). I take it you bought Devil Summoner?

I liked the materia system, though managing it all was hard work once you got a lot of it.

What grinds my gears? Well at the risk of upsetting a lot of people here (including Ipod), the over-hyped and overrated KH series. I just can't understand how a game can be revered by so many when all you do is walk up to the nearest enemy, tap X several times and watch it fall down. And Sora is so irritating, I want to take his keyblade off him and stick where the sun doesn't shine. :twisted: