Narasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Narasil
Member since 2003 • 923 Posts
i was just wondering what you guys look for in a Final Fantasy game. for what reason to u like the Final Fantasy series?
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
Well I guess I'm looking for something that can entertain me and give me a one of a kind experience which many ff games have given me in the past.  I also look for things that will entertain me the longest at the best price and ff games definitely do that.
kablay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kablay
Member since 2005 • 366 Posts
I look for useful and defined classes, strategical gameplay, a complex leveling system, a good story, expressive and maybe witty characters, colorful and interesting worlds, NO WORLD MAP, and pretty much everything in FFX and X-2. I loved those games. I hated how it didn't matter who you used in the PS FFs, and that the only helpful characters were useless in the GBA FFs. I also hate the world map with a passion. I hate it so much that I probably would give every FF a one point higher rating if there wasn't one.
jamio21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 jamio21
Member since 2004 • 2048 Posts
I look for a great story. Which Final fantasy usually delivers! Which is why its my all time fav RPG series!
xxgamemasterxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 xxgamemasterxx
Member since 2006 • 2067 Posts

i look for the story, battle system, characters and lasts for a while, then theres the graphics and music which would really make a great FF game!

zemonstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 zemonstar
Member since 2006 • 12428 Posts

i look for the story, battle system, characters and lasts for a while, then theres the graphics and music which would really make a great FF game!

xxgamemasterxx
i agree. the storyline is what makes people wnat to play thegame. final fantasy ten was succesful because of its rich story line
Avatar image for sephirothrulez9
sephirothrulez9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 sephirothrulez9
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts
    i voted for other because it takes more than one aspect to make a great FF game. but the single most important thing for me... id have to say it has to have a great storyline, along with cool lookin characters
Prophet01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Prophet01
Member since 2003 • 43 Posts
CHARACTERS AND THEY WAY THEY ARE INTEGRATED INTO THE STORYLINE IS ALWAYS THE MOST IMPORTANT. ALSO YOU MUST BE ABLE TO GET CONSUMED BY THE GAME, IF NOT IT ISNT A GOOD GAME, YOU SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO BE BORED OF A FINAL FANTASY.:wink:
Mr_Saturn26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Mr_Saturn26
Member since 2006 • 1135 Posts

Game suscess guide with fans

game with

1. good story

2. good gameplay (battlesystem)

3. good charecters

= Execllent game

game with

1. good story

2. crappy gameplay

3. good characters

= not so great game like FF8 which i think is the worst ever made.

game with

1. crap story

2. good gameplay

3. good characters

= good game, but will be known as a bad game that wont motivate yah to play

game with

1. good story

2. good gameplay

3. crap characters

= game that u would play but with the crap characters u dont care much about the story and lose intreast.

Game with

combination of 2 or 3 of anything that crap

= not worth buying at all.

So the moral is that u have to have all 3 to really have a succesful game, but u may still end up haveing a ok game which i consider X, since its seems too linear, and no world map that u can walk on. A game like X which has a flaw in th catagory known as other, which means missing something. With DoC i say its not crappy gameplay, but flawed, meaning its good, but it needs a little work, just a little.

hohez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hohez
Member since 2002 • 46 Posts

I have no idea what the post above me says...

Anyway.  The reason I love FF games is because they don't just focus on one aspect and make it great.  They put their utmost effort into every part of the game.  The graphics are always top notch.  The gameplay is usually interesting and deep.  The story lines are fantastic, and there is always a ton of optional side stuff to do.

Sora-hearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sora-hearts
Member since 2006 • 2211 Posts
I only want a game in that the main character is the villian of the story!!!  
W8I8Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#12 W8I8Z
Member since 2005 • 4200 Posts

For me the best thing about FF games are the intense storyline along with the length of the game. they are never too short or boring (Dirge of Cerebus is the exception)  They are addictive and the Ff games are geared to make you never wanna stop playing.

I rather have a game that catches my attenion and makes me feel like im part of the game over super great graphics.

Narasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Narasil
Member since 2003 • 923 Posts
actually, story usually revolves around the characters. You always learn about each (or most) character's background and stuff.
Brennen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Brennen_
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
It's a simple question with simple answers: 1. Character Development: The reason the older Final Fantasies were so good is because of their character development. You actually felt what the other characters felt. Like in FFVII when Aries is killed, I don't think I know one person who did not feel for her after, even though it is just a game. That is the kind of power that Squaresoft was capable of delivering in their games, which made them astonishing. 2. Plot Development: The FF Series has never failed at delivering an amazing storyline to go with the characters placed in it. I think some of the most indepth and touching stories have come straight from the FF's. Each one grasps the player in a different way. I can still recall when I was playing FF II for the first time through on Super NES, and you find out at the end that Cecil and Golbez are actually brothers. That absolutely blew me away! 3. Music: One thing many people do not take into account which makes the FF games an amazing experience, is the music. Each one has it's variety of breathtaking songs performed by live orchestras and some of the most amazing pianists. I still remember the music during the opera scene in FF III with Celes. And who doesn't know the original FF music? I think ust about everyone who has touched a Final Fantasy game knows what song I'm talking about. 4. Length: Simply put, many hours of gameplay including sidequests and everything. Rather strong replay value for RPG's. Won't get bored ever! Also, I'd like to say that one of the things that made the FF games what they are is the traditional battle system. Don't know exactly why they keep changing it around, but I'll live.
Devilluzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Devilluzz
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts

Everything square enix and the game has to offer!8)

ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
I'm always after the gameplay and the awesome story. I'm getting pretty tired of graphics these days
xenobia1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 xenobia1981
Member since 2003 • 71 Posts
If it has great characters, gameplay, and a excellent story, then it is a worthy Final Fantasy. Gaphics don't always make the game, in my opinion.
candyman4x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 candyman4x
Member since 2006 • 309 Posts
I think that graphics are huge because if it dosen't look real then i can't get into it idk why can anyone make me a banner thing?????
tosmove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 tosmove
Member since 2005 • 95 Posts
I personally love all the FF games. When I think about the parts I look for, that's a tough question. I love the graphic's, the story, the characters, and the battles. I think that they all have to work together to really keep peoples interest. Which they have done a great job with time and time again. All of those things are what I look for, and need in a FF game.
Elviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Elviathan
Member since 2006 • 5052 Posts
It has to have a good story, interesting and believable characters, good battle system, and that's about it. I don't really care for top of the line graphics as long as it's fun to play, even though good graphics would be nice.
TPM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 TPM1
Member since 2006 • 120 Posts
for me its a gripping stroyline, which final fantasy always has. And in my mind the best RPG ever made
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#23 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts
I look for good gameplay, story, and characters. Without those things, you don't have a RPG. hose are the three main things probably everyone looks for in a RPG right?
antonio-romeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 antonio-romeo
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
i voted other cos im alwayz attracted by cookies, and significant references to past games. I love it that ffxii will be set in ivalice!!
antonio-romeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 antonio-romeo
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
and definately like a good story line like ffx, that story line along with good cutscenes was really touching! several miniquests, and secrets, to make gameplay very long and interesting
TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheManWithAPS2
Member since 2005 • 2378 Posts
Mainly Gameplay but it needs good characters as well otherwise I will just get bored with the story.
kiki1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kiki1243
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts
I like Gameplay which provides me some major challenge especially when it comes to the Active Time Battle system that was introduced in Final Fantasy IV. It tests my limits, pushes my buttons and has me deciding on what moves that I should make. That's what I like about Final Fantasy games.
jkdeadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jkdeadite
Member since 2005 • 324 Posts
I'm a completist, so I go for anything and everything that Squeenix will throw my way.  I wish to have beaten every FF game some day, including the ones made to be easy access, such as the original Gameboy ones.  I really love just having each new part of the FF legacy in my hands.  Regardless.

Now, my favs: FF Tactics Advance, FF IX, FF VII, and FF XII.
SheGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SheGeek
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Good, well rounded characters and an amazing story. I don't care about the graphics if the game can make me laugh and cry as I go.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#30 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

Gameplay and good characters.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points