crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

I thought this union could use a thread to post updates on soundtracks, toys, weapon reconstructions etc. by square-enix, which are most likely more popular in japan than NA, but can still intreague and amuse us.

The newest product I've found:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-92-49-en-70-23or.html

I'm actually considering getting a couple of these.. they look so much cooler than the usual 'trading figures'..

and now that the official SE website is up, we might as well link to that too:

USA Square Enix Official Merchandise Store

Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts

I thought this union could use a thread to post updates on soundtracks, toys, weapon reconstructions etc. by square-enix, which are most likely more popular in japan than NA, but can still intreague and amuse us.

I'm actually considering getting a couple of these.. they look so much cooler than the usual 'trading figures'..

crushgoil

they look pretty cool

Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts

crushgoil

OMG these are so cute! And cheap!

Hmm....I might get some of these....

Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Kenshin18
Member since 2003 • 764 Posts
Nice idea to put up info about Square-Enix's other products :). I hope someday Square-Enix will bring all of them to the US. Back at my old college I saw a guy who had the official Shin-Ra company pin on his suit. Since then I've been itching to find a place to buy one. These mini figures look pretty cool though.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

Nice idea to put up info about Square-Enix's other products :). I hope someday Square-Enix will bring all of them to the US. Back at my old college I saw a guy who had the official Shin-Ra company pin on his suit. Since then I've been itching to find a place to buy one. These mini figures look pretty cool though.Kenshin18

You know that SE is making a SE store in the US.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 queen_valentine

[QUOTE="Kenshin18"]Nice idea to put up info about Square-Enix's other products :). I hope someday Square-Enix will bring all of them to the US. Back at my old college I saw a guy who had the official Shin-Ra company pin on his suit. Since then I've been itching to find a place to buy one. These mini figures look pretty cool though.IpodHero176

Yea...I remember you telling me that. In NYC right? If that's the case...omg, I think I will die. :P

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="Kenshin18"]Nice idea to put up info about Square-Enix's other products :). I hope someday Square-Enix will bring all of them to the US. Back at my old college I saw a guy who had the official Shin-Ra company pin on his suit. Since then I've been itching to find a place to buy one. These mini figures look pretty cool though.queen_valentine

Yea...I remember you telling me that. In NYC right? If that's the case...omg, I think I will die. :P

Yeah, in NYC.

Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kenshin18
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="Kenshin18"]Nice idea to put up info about Square-Enix's other products :). I hope someday Square-Enix will bring all of them to the US. Back at my old college I saw a guy who had the official Shin-Ra company pin on his suit. Since then I've been itching to find a place to buy one. These mini figures look pretty cool though.IpodHero176

Yeah, in NYC.

Nah, I didnt know they were opening a store in NYC. I thought it was just going to be online. Heh, good thing I live in Brooklyn :). Thanks for letting me know

flowerpedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 flowerpedal
Member since 2006 • 570 Posts
having a SE store would be so awesome *droolz
crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts
If I had access to a SE store I would never ever have any money....
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 queen_valentine

If I had access to a SE store I would never ever have any money....crushgoil

Yea no kiddin' me too. I think I will just waste all my money frequenting trips to NYC. :P

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IpodHero176

If I had access to a SE store I would never ever have any money....crushgoil

Same here.

sandybadlands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 sandybadlands
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts
After years of pointlessly browsing the Japanese site, I just signed up for email notification when the Square Enix online store for North America opens. I wish they were more specific than "SOON" though....
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 queen_valentine

After years of pointlessly browsing the Japanese site, I just signed up for email notification when the Square Enix online store for North America opens. I wish they were more specific than "SOON" though....sandybadlands

Ooh thanks for posting that! I am going to enter my email too. :) I can't wait for this store!!

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IpodHero176

[QUOTE="sandybadlands"]After years of pointlessly browsing the Japanese site, I just signed up for email notification when the Square Enix online store for North America opens. I wish they were more specific than "SOON" though....queen_valentine

Ooh thanks for posting that! I am going to enter my email too. :) I can't wait for this store!!

I hope they release one across the USA:D

langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#16 langrisser2005
Member since 2004 • 2285 Posts
Oh here will do (heheh). I've found something that will knock the socks of you guys :P I found something very rare which fans of Final Fantasy music will die for ;) I'll show it to ya's soon :D
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IpodHero176

Oh here will do (heheh). I've found something that will knock the socks of you guys :P I found something very rare which fans of Final Fantasy music will die for ;) I'll show it to ya's soon :Dlangrisser2005

Tell me now!! Please?!

Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kenshin18

Oh here will do (heheh). I've found something that will knock the socks of you guys :P I found something very rare which fans of Final Fantasy music will die for ;) I'll show it to ya's soon :Dlangrisser2005

heh, this should be interesting

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 queen_valentine

omg, please tell us. Please!

langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 langrisser2005
I'll let you guys know later today ^_^
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 queen_valentine

I'll let you guys know later today ^_^langrisser2005

Awww man..

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Andraxal
Member since 2006 • 1814 Posts
Did you guys know that SquareEnix marketed a drink called Potion? :D :D
langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 langrisser2005

[QUOTE="langrisser2005"]I'll let you guys know later today ^_^queen_valentine

Awww man..

Alright here's a clue for you all ^_^

LINK

I'll let ya knows fully in the morning, I'm beat after today >_>

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Andraxal
Oh, you listen to the Black Mages? That is another SquareEnix product which is pretty cool. For those who do not know the Black Mages are a group made by Nubuo Uematsu who redo some of his old songs into rock influenced pieces. They are decent overall, but mainly the 2nd CD is terrible, except for that one track. The first CD is pretty good. One thing that does stand out over every other song is Big Bridge. I don't care for the Black Mages, Dear Friends, or a few of those other copy cats. I thought Dear Friends was terrible...Now some of Uematsu's work on the syphonic stage were clearly PHENOMINAL. Especially his album called Final Fantasy 2002200 I beleive. It was a lot of variety, and redone songs. You can find this album on the SquareEnix website under music, and composer. :)
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 queen_valentine

... Especially his album called Final Fantasy 2002200 I beleive. It was a lot of variety, and redone songs. You can find this album on the SquareEnix website under music, and composer. :) Andraxal

I have that CD! It's SO GOOD!

And you know what's really crazy? I think it was about 2 years ago...I went to a concert similar to that in Chicago called "Dear Friends" (not to be confused with the CD called Dear Friends). They played a ton of orchestrated FF music - even from FFXII before it was even released! Then...Nobuo Uematsu himself took the stage. I think I cried. OK, I don't think I cried, I know I cried. :P

That same night I got a poster with his signature on it. :D It's hanging on my wall, framed.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Andraxal
GRRR! Lucky devil! What kind of tracks did they play from Twelve?
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 queen_valentine

GRRR! Lucky devil! What kind of tracks did they play from Twelve? Andraxal

They only played one track from FFXII and it was the main theme from the game.

Trying to remember, they also played Liberi Fatali, One Winged Angel, Vamo' Alla Flamenco, Aeris's Theme, Cloud's Theme, Zanarkand, a medley of FFI-FFIII, some song from FFXI...

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Andraxal
Ooooh, I think I've heard of that concert you went to. I would bet that song was Ronfaure then. How long did the conert last? Was it worth the money?
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IpodHero176

Oh, you listen to the Black Mages? That is another SquareEnix product which is pretty cool. For those who do not know the Black Mages are a group made by Nubuo Uematsu who redo some of his old songs into rock influenced pieces. They are decent overall, but mainly the 2nd CD is terrible, except for that one track. The first CD is pretty good. One thing that does stand out over every other song is Big Bridge. I don't care for the Black Mages, Dear Friends, or a few of those other copy cats. I thought Dear Friends was terrible...Now some of Uematsu's work on the syphonic stage were clearly PHENOMINAL. Especially his album called Final Fantasy 2002200 I beleive. It was a lot of variety, and redone songs. You can find this album on the SquareEnix website under music, and composer. :) Andraxal

I love the Black Mages. One of my favorite bands!!! I really like Maybe I'm a Lion and The Skies Above:D Those songs should be in Guitar Hero.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Andraxal
Have you ever heard them in concert? They are actually pretty unorganized while in concert. I'ved watch a few videos of them in concert and they were very unorganized for a group that is idolized.
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 queen_valentine

Ooooh, I think I've heard of that concert you went to. I would bet that song was Ronfaure then. How long did the conert last? Was it worth the money? Andraxal

Was it worth the money? Are you kidding me? Of COURSE it was worth the money!!! I got to see Nobuo Uematsu in person!

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Andraxal
Bah! Celebrety worship. Didn't you say he signed a poster too? Now if he did then it'd be worth the money, as you can probably sell it for some good money on eBay! Hahahahaha!!!
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 queen_valentine

Bah! Celebrety worship. Didn't you say he signed a poster too? Now if he did then it'd be worth the money, as you can probably sell it for some good money on eBay! Hahahahaha!!!Andraxal

Yes, he signed it! It's framed on my wall. I would neverever sell it.

And it's not celebrity worship. Nobuo Uematsu is a very very talented musician and I love his work.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Andraxal
Hahahaha! Wish I had one. What kind of poster is it?
langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 langrisser2005

:o I'm am so jealous of you Celes!!

Think you can take a pic of this poster for yours truly to glance at? :D
*psssh... forget the others :P

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 queen_valentine

:o I'm am so jealous of you Celes!!

Think you can take a pic of this poster for yours truly to glance at? :D
*psssh... forget the others :P

langrisser2005

I wish I had a digital camera! If I did I would most certainly take a picture!

Actually...come to think of it, I think I may already have pictures from the concert. And I think I have a disposable camera lying around. I'll take some random pictures today and post them whenever I get them developed.

*starts looking for the old concert pictures*

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 queen_valentine

OK, so I found this really old crappy picture of the concert. You can see it here.

I think this may be the only picture I have! That's so bad. Anyways, I found my disposable camera and took a picture of the poster. I also took a picture of all my gaming stuff. I believe there's a thread around here for everyone to post their gaming stuff...so I will put it there once I get the pictures developed! :)

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Andraxal

Awww man that didn't show us much but some cuties big forhead! Hahahahaha! I can't wait to see.

Off Topic: I still haven't developed the pictures from my graduation. (About 2 months ago Hahahaha!)

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 queen_valentine

The Square-Enix store opens really soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read it here!

I CAN'T WAIT! :D :D

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Andraxal
Wow, that's cool. I think that would be cool if they had a small little shop on a side street were the sell merchandise! Like one of those comic book shoppes. :) Out of all the different kinds of media they've done so far I'm surprized they haven't made an anime yet. (Oops forgot about that flop!)
Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kenshin18

The Square-Enix store opens really soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read it here!

I CAN'T WAIT! :D :D

queen_valentine

I just saw that story on tv. Finally :) http://youtube.com/watch?v=zyjrbYWw0p0

Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kenshin18

[QUOTE="Andraxal"]Bah! Celebrety worship. Didn't you say he signed a poster too? Now if he did then it'd be worth the money, as you can probably sell it for some good money on eBay! Hahahahaha!!!queen_valentine

And it's not celebrity worship. Nobuo Uematsu is a very very talented musician and I love his work.

Whoa...You actually met him???? That's cool! lol, did you geek out in front of him, or were you able to keep cool?

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"]

[QUOTE="Andraxal"]Bah! Celebrety worship. Didn't you say he signed a poster too? Now if he did then it'd be worth the money, as you can probably sell it for some good money on eBay! Hahahahaha!!!Kenshin18

Whoa...You actually met him???? That's cool! lol, did you geek out in front of him, or were you able to keep cool?

*cries* no, I didn't meet him. He was doing signings before I got there but I was still able to buy a poster. I did see him though...

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Andraxal
I forgot did Sakaguchi go to Mistwalker or not?
Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kenshin18

I forgot did Sakaguchi go to Mistwalker or not? Andraxal

Yeah, it's pretty much his company that he created.

Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Kenshin18
[QUOTE="Kenshin18"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"]

[QUOTE="Andraxal"]Bah! Celebrety worship. Didn't you say he signed a poster too? Now if he did then it'd be worth the money, as you can probably sell it for some good money on eBay! Hahahahaha!!!queen_valentine

*cries* no, I didn't meet him. He was doing signings before I got there but I was still able to buy a poster. I did see him though...

Heh, that still cool *pat on the shoulder*. Not many people can say they've saw the legendary composer in real life.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 queen_valentine
Did anyone get anything from the online store yet? I'm really really tempted to...
Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Andraxal
Hahahaha. Soon you'll be able to find it on Amazon much cheaper. :) I'd wait until then, however does anyone know if they are selling the soundtracks in thier store?
Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Kenshin18

Nah, not yet. I was thinking of gettin' this: http://www.square-enix-shop.com/usa/dsp_product.cfm?product_id=15 and I know my friend wants to get Aeris'/Aerith's holy materia necklace.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Andraxal
Hmmm its kinda ugly. Hahahah! I'm going to browse their page now! Thanks for the link!