Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts

Welcome!

To SEE's very first Launch Center! In celebration of Revenant Wings being released on the 20th of November, we have decided to provide you with as much information on this game as possible before the launch. Expect previews, reviews, media and more!

Check out the Launch Center!

This thread will be held for discussion on the game! Speculation until the game launches, game play tips, general talk and so forth!

Although this is our very first Launch Center - expect to see more on those big Square Enix releases! :)

Have fun guys! Hope you enjoy!

- SEE Admin Staff

Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kenshin18
Member since 2003 • 764 Posts
I may not have a DS, but, this launch center looks nice enough for me to check this game out just for the sake of seein all the work you guys put in to it. Nice going for a first try :)
darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 darkcloud6
Member since 2007 • 4685 Posts

i haven't got a DS either, but i might have to get one when this comes out.

P.S launch center... awesome idea.:D

Dantes_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dantes_Girl
Member since 2005 • 4945 Posts
Looks pretty interesting. I might just have to get that.
cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 cloud31blunt
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts

this launch centre only does 1 thing for me.. It gets me more excited for a game i was highly anticipating already :D

p.s Launch centres are a great idea.

TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheManWithAPS2
Member since 2005 • 2378 Posts

Hmm, I don't know about getting this one. I didn't like FFXII.

I haven't researched FFXII RW, so is it in any way similar to FFXII or is there a chance I might like it?

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts
I tell you one thing I am looking forward to in it, seeing the people with wings!! XDD I have a weird obsession with wings >_>
kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#8 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts
If I had a DS I'd probably get this game, but wait.....my sister has a DS......naw :P :wink:
Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts
I will love to get this game the moment it comes out, I mean what's cooler than commanding your chocobo squadron? :P, but I think I'll wait until I play and finish FF XII
siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts
Love the launch center. Great jobs guys:).
Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kenshin18
Member since 2003 • 764 Posts
I'm pretty suprised how good the music in this game is. Kinda passed my expectations.
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts
YES!!!!!!! Can't freakin' wait!! (even though I am like up over my eyeballs in games i'm playing right now)
Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 queen_valentine

YES!!!!!!! Can't freakin' wait!! (even though I am like up over my eyeballs in games i'm playing right now)SymonDezyn

:lol: Me too! Waaaay too many unfinished games! But there is no way I am missing out on RW!

cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cloud31blunt

[QUOTE="SymonDezyn"]YES!!!!!!! Can't freakin' wait!! (even though I am like up over my eyeballs in games i'm playing right now)queen_valentine

:lol: Me too! Waaaay too many unfinished games! But there is no way I am missing out on RW!

Whew im not the only one who has unfinished games :P

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

My stack of unfinished games is HUGE. I've finished about a half dozen of the games I own :oops:

What has me annoyed right now is that they increased the difficulty for RW in the NA version from that in the Japanese version just because people here are apparently more well versed in strategy games. What about meeee??? I'm horrible at them... can't I have an easy version? :(

cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cloud31blunt

My stack of unfinished games is HUGE. I've finished about a half dozen of the games I own :oops:

What has me annoyed right now is that they increased the difficulty for RW in the NA version from that in the Japanese version just because people here are apparently more well versed in strategy games. What about meeee??? I'm horrible at them... can't I have an easy version? :(

crushgoil

The harder it is the better youll become at strategy games and by the time your finished RW youll be a master;)

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 crushgoil
[QUOTE="crushgoil"]

cloud31blunt

The harder it is the better youll become at strategy games and by the time your finished RW youll be a master;)

Haha! I wish! I'm completely stuck in Heroes of Mana, and in War of the Lions.... I'm still reasonably close to the beginning in both games, and just can't for the life of me get past the stages I'm on. Thus, the games just sit there. I used to have someone to help me when I got stuck in games, but now the games just have to sit there, pretty but completely useless :cry:

cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cloud31blunt
[QUOTE="cloud31blunt"][QUOTE="crushgoil"]

crushgoil

Haha! I wish! I'm completely stuck in Heroes of Mana, and in War of the Lions.... I'm still reasonably close to the beginning in both games, and just can't for the life of me get past the stages I'm on. Thus, the games just sit there. I used to have someone to help me when I got stuck in games, but now the games just have to sit there, pretty but completely useless :cry:

Im sure you could do it if you wanted to you just have to pick it up and try again ;). But i have to admit heroes of mana is a very difficlut game it took me ages to finish it.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 queen_valentine
I'm really bad at strategy games too. I hope I do well on RW...'cause I'm really looking forward to it.
cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cloud31blunt

I'm really bad at strategy games too. I hope I do well on RW...'cause I'm really looking forward to it.queen_valentine

Im sure you and everyone else will do just fine :D

SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SymonDezyn

crushgoil

If you're truly hopelessly stuck, check out GameFaqs - I used it when I played through my second time of Romancing SaGa, and wanted to see if I'd missed anything. I hate letting a game to to waste, especially when it starts out so fun! Good luck - I know you can conquer them!
kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#22 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts

crushgoil

What battle are you stuck on in WoL? I could probably give you a complete run down on how to beat it :)

Most SRPGs are pretty challenging, though once you play them enough you eventually learn the tricks that will allow you to win battles with ease (Ramza + Doublehand/Two Hands + Bracer = Instant Death for all!!! :twisted: :P )

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 queen_valentine
So who's hoping for a lot of character development in RW? I know I am! I really wanna know more about Vaan and Penelo.
Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lady_Bahamut

So who's hoping for a lot of character development in RW? I know I am! I really wanna know more about Vaan and Penelo.queen_valentine

Me too, since FFXII didn't really tell us about them at all XD

SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SymonDezyn
So who's hoping for a lot of character development in RW? I know I am! I really wanna know more about Vaan and Penelo.queen_valentine

definitely! i am so stoked for this game!!!!
crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 crushgoil
[QUOTE="crushgoil"][QUOTE="cloud31blunt"][QUOTE="crushgoil"]

kryu88

What battle are you stuck on in WoL? I could probably give you a complete run down on how to beat it :)

Most SRPGs are pretty challenging, though once you play them enough you eventually learn the tricks that will allow you to win battles with ease (Ramza + Doublehand/Two Hands + Bracer = Instant Death for all!!! :twisted: :P )

Oh I have the strategy guide, I know how it's SUPPOSED to work... I just can't manage it :cry: I told you I'm horrible at strategy games

cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cloud31blunt

Yea 12 didnt give much info on Vaan and penelo and they have the potential to be really great characters

shewolf1961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shewolf1961
Member since 2003 • 3878 Posts
I don't have a DS:cry: but the launch center is a cool idea. Sits back to await FFXIII and FF Versus XIII.:P
Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lady_Bahamut
I retract my earlier statement of not particularly looking forward to the game. I just spotted an ad trailer of it running on GameFAQs and it looks very nice o.o
latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 latte428
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

I can't wait for FF12 RW. I pre-ordered this one back in June.

I just hope I finish war of the lions before it ships (51 1/2 hours so far)! Only about 7 more story battles to go...

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
So anyone pick it up today on it's release?
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 queen_valentine

So anyone pick it up today on it's release?WSGRandomPerson

:cry: No...I have no money! I get paid this weekend though so I may pick it up then! Although I should be buying gifts for people :lol:

siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 siberian142
So anyone pick it up today on it's release?WSGRandomPerson
I think I'll pick it up tommorow after supper, I am excited for the game though.
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SymonDezyn
dude, I'm gonna have to wait awhile before I buy anything new...I am broke as a joke, and Christmas is coming....YIKES!! I will get it in the new year though, probably used, and cheaper :)
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts

[QUOTE="WSGRandomPerson"]So anyone pick it up today on it's release?queen_valentine

:cry: No...I have no money! I get paid this weekend though so I may pick it up then! Although I should be buying gifts for people :lol:

Like me. xD
Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lady_Bahamut
I can't pick it up, it's not out here yet! XP
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 queen_valentine

IGN finally reviewed RW! Gave it an 8.3!! ^_^ Not bad? Right? lol I'm still getting it...regardless...eventually. :P

Now just waiting for GS's review....not that it really matters, their reviews are whacked! Like I've said before! :lol:

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#38 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

IGN finally reviewed RW! Gave it an 8.3!! ^_^ Not bad? Right? lol I'm still getting it...regardless...eventually. :P

Now just waiting for GS's review....not that it really matters, their reviews are whacked! Like I've said before! :lol:

queen_valentine

It's been getting some good reviews, but DQM keeps scoring higher than it in all the scores I saw. I heard the main problem is the use of the stylus. I think it's probably when you try to cast spells.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"]

IpodHero176

It's been getting some good reviews, but DQM keeps scoring higher than it in all the scores I saw. I heard the main problem is the use of the stylus. I think it's probably when you try to cast spells.

Yea...I don't really like DQ though so... :P

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 crushgoil
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"]

IpodHero176

Really? I thought DQM just looked likea Pokemon copy, so I wasn't interested at all... I want something with a solid story right now, but I'm so hooked on Disgaea that I probably won't get a new game for quite some time. I obviously plan to buy Revenant Wings eventually though.. I think it looks like a cute and fun game.

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 IpodHero176

Yea...I don't really like DQ though so... :P

queen_valentine

I don't want to even ask why:P :lol:

Really? I thought DQM just looked likea Pokemon copy, so I wasn't interested at all... I want something with a solid story right now, but I'm so hooked on Disgaea that I probably won't get a new game for quite some time. I obviously plan to buy Revenant Wings eventually though.. I think it looks like a cute and fun game.

crushgoil

Most of the reviews said that the story is really good. I thought RW would do better, but I guess we were all wrong. I'm putting that on my Christmas list, and I'll get RW later.

Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Fenian_lostsoul
so the question is, anybody got it?
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 IpodHero176

so the question is, anybody got it?Fenian_lostsoul

Not me.

siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 siberian142
so the question is, anybody got it?Fenian_lostsoul
Just got it. I'm going to go play it in a little while. it looks really fun.
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 queen_valentine

[QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"]so the question is, anybody got it?siberian142

Wow! Awesome! Let us know how it is, yes?

Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Fenian_lostsoul
I saw it at the import store today, I had to resist the temptation buy it, since I almost finished Zelda PH I got FF3 instead :D
siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 siberian142

[QUOTE="siberian142"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"]so the question is, anybody got it?queen_valentine

Wow! Awesome! Let us know how it is, yes?

It's really fun. You control the people by clicking on them and then clicking a space on the map and to attack you click the person and click on a monster. You can use special attacks/magics to by clicking on your magick/special attack box and you have to wait a while for it to charge after you use it again. The best part is that you can summon monsters while fighting but they die really quickly.

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 IpodHero176

It's really fun. You control the people by clicking on them and then clicking a space on the map and to attack you click the person and click on a monster. You can use special attacks/magics to by clicking on your magick/special attack box and you have to wait a while for it to charge after you use it again. The best part is that you can summon monsters while fighting but they die really quickly.

siberian142

So it's a little like Advance wars? That's cool, since AW is one of my favorite handheld series:)

siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 siberian142
[QUOTE="siberian142"]

IpodHero176

So it's a little like Advance wars? That's cool, since AW is one of my favorite handheld series:)

Not really like AW but more like FFXII's battle system with less features. You control the people with the stylus and when you attack the person keeps attacking over and over again with no time in between attacks. So its like FFXII but with no time between normal attacks.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 IpodHero176

Not really like AW but more like FFXII's battle system with less features. You control the people with the stylus and when you attack the person keeps attacking over and over again with no time in between attacks. So its like FFXII but with no time between normal attacks.siberian142

When you keep attacking, is there a charge inbetween attacks, like in FFXII?