johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts

There will obviously need to be some changes made to it to warrant a remake won't there? So what changes/revamps would you like to see? And what would you not like to see?

For me, I would obviously love to see Advent Children/Crisis core style graphics and cutscenes, with characters looking more realistic and less like polygons. It would also be nice to see the environments look a little more realistic and more modern.

I would also like it if voice acting was included in the game, preferably the same VA's who worked on Advent Children. It would make it even better at giving genuine emotion to the characters.

And for me the most important bit is the music. When the game was first released on the Playstation the music quality had to be reduced to get it onto the disc. Wouldn't it be fantastic if the music was, not different, but of a higher production and quality of the original game? We could hear the music that Nobou Uematsu originally wanted us to hear!

And then things they musn't do. do NOT change the storyline. Don't put in any extra dungeons, side quests, dialogue or anything which "explains" or contradicts anything. Also leave the gameplay and battle system alone because it is great as is and a revamp would ruin it.

What are your views on a possible remake?

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

I guess with recent story elements added in games like Crisis Core, I wouldn't mind seeing some side-quests/stories to tie them all in.

Voice acting would be a must.

pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 pikastar
Member since 2006 • 3405 Posts
Basically what you said, voice acting with the cast who did AC, updated graphics and cutscenes.
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

I rather see them finish what they started. The Compilation has mixed reactions, and Final Fantasy VII fans would like Genesis's story to end before any remake is even considered. Just for the sake of them ending it period(sigh). I think Square Enix did a excellent job with Before Crisis, Final Fantasy VII by adding a few more story elements, and answering questions without raising too many new ones. The only question that BC left me with is, where are all the other Turks after they reunited to help the people of Midgar during Meteorfall? Did they go back into hiding leaving Elena, Reno, Tseng, and Rude as remnants of the Shinra Company. Not to mention what is going to be of Denzel?

Like I said, the biggest concern is Genesis. The G Reports in DoC, and the character that is Genesis in Crisis Core contradict each other. And in the limited Crisis Core UO it was said that Weiss and Nero asked Genesis to help rise up against the Restrictors in Deep Ground(which was going on during FFVII). He denied and sealed himself in a water-barrier saying he would awaken when the world was threaten by evil(it seems like him regaining his SOLDIER pride returned him to his senses). So he does in Dirge of Cerberus and leaves everyone with a big question mark over their head as if someone's trying to finish a World of Warcraft quest. Is he now good or still trying to play tricks? :roll:

At least re-release FFVII on the PSN and on UMD with some extra gameplay items showing it's connection to the rest of the games in the Compilation. Maybe redo all the FMV's.

Cronaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Cronaroth
Member since 2004 • 3011 Posts

1.Redo the translation for the love of god.

2.explain the Aeris ghost in the church

3.if they do voices-give an option for japanese voices please-I hate the dub voices.

4.make Aeris BLEED!!!!!!

5. and most importantly-how about dont do it at all until you finish the FFXIII games XD

Shygirlfrumfl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Shygirlfrumfl
Member since 2007 • 962 Posts
I would like voice acting,better graphics (obviously),better translation,and well maybe a few more mini games.You know just what a regular remake needs really.Like the basic stuff.Also to the person above me the reason why Aeriths ghost was in the chruch was because it was a glitch. ;)
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts
i agree with adding voice acting, and definitely a more complete music score. Other than that I wouldn't want them to change too much (especially in regards to the storyline), although if they did, they should take your guys' ideas - they are all good :)
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 johngebreadman
I would like voice acting,better graphics (obviously),better translation,and well maybe a few more mini games.You know just what a regular remake needs really.Like the basic stuff.Also to the person above me the reason why Aeriths ghost was in the chruch was because it was a glitch. ;) Shygirlfrumfl
Haven't seen you here in ages
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

Add Movie and Music materia (put in Bugenhagen's Observatory like the Huge Materia), among others.

Include Before Crisis as an added Bonus game.

New sidequests to to coincide and/or explain the other story plots revealed in the spin-offs.

Fully orchestrated music.

A semi-living world like FF12 towns. I wanna see Denzel and Marlene playingaround. :P

New optional enemies, and equipment.

Option for hard difficulty.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 johngebreadman
excellent ideas there!
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NeoGen85

A semi-living world like FF12 towns. I wanna see Denzel and Marlene playingaround. :P

Fantasy_Gamer

Speaking of that. I'd like to visit some of the places on the upper plate. Denzel actually lived the life of today's suburbian kid. His day was a employee of Shinra and they lived on the plate of Sector 7......uh-oh.

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts

Okay. I'd like updated graphics, voice acting and maybe an extra dungeon or two.

The battle system, story and materia system should be left untouched.

Furycliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Furycliff
Member since 2007 • 676 Posts

Remake is going to happen in all likelyhood, but not until FF5 and FF6 are remade.

Next question is will it be remade on a Sony consol or a Sony handheld, because FF1/2/3/4 have all been remade on handhelds.

I really hope its on a console, because I dont think a handheld is powerful enough to do it justice after watching AC. The same VA would be one of the most important things for me. Better translation is obviously nice too, but outside that I dont have any huge demands. I think the majority of us would love to see a remake in the fashion of the demo SE did to show the power of PS3.

Just hope sony and SE dont have any fueds in the near future, because if they ever broke up like Square and Nintendo did years ago, it could be a very long time until we see a remake of any sony game made by square.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NeoGen85

Remake is going to happen in all likelyhood, but not until FF5 and FF6 are remade.

Next question is will it be remade on a Sony consol or a Sony handheld, because FF1/2/3/4 have all been remade on handhelds.

I really hope its on a console, because I dont think a handheld is powerful enough to do it justice after watching AC. The same VA would be one of the most important things for me. Better translation is obviously nice too, but outside that I dont have any huge demands. I think the majority of us would love to see a remake in the fashion of the demo SE did to show the power of PS3.

Just hope sony and SE dont have any fueds in the near future, because if they ever broke up like Square and Nintendo did years ago, it could be a very long time until we see a remake of any sony game made by square.

Furycliff

Even though I have watched Advent Children several times; I hate drawing comparisons between the two because the styles are so different. One feels like FFVII, and the other is so distant. Besides Tifa fighting my favorite parts in that movie were Marlene's introduction, Vincent and Cloud in the Sleeping Forest, and Zack's flashback. Would they do away suck scenes like Cloud and the gang parachuting into Midgar to stop Hojo; or would they all just fall from the Highwind(yes, I know Yuffie parachuted into the battle with Bahumet SIN in AC)?

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 ffxjunky06
Member since 2006 • 8351 Posts

This subject has come up more times than i've had hot dinners, honestly lol. But that really is a good question. What would i like to see, hmmm? Well, i think alittle more pace to the fighting. Obviously. With the new step up in technology and gaming, and with the PS3, games have been steped up alot. So we all want more.

i think Square Enix could reallly anti up the volume with a remake of Final Fantasy VII. Specially now. But honestly id prefer to see how Final Fantasy XIII works out. But i bet the idea of a remake really is in they're minds.

Who knows?

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

1. Better translation. Tough I'd probably end up missing "This guy are sick."

2. I'd like to have SOME sort of job system.

3. I'd like to see Reno and Rude join your party at the end of the second disc before you fight Hojo.

4. For the love of God, LET ME LEARN SPELLS!

SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SymonDezyn

Okay. I'd like updated graphics, voice acting and maybe an extra dungeon or two.

The battle system, story and materia system should be left untouched.

Lady_Bahamut

EXACTLY my thoughts :D

Furycliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Furycliff
Member since 2007 • 676 Posts

3. I'd like to see Reno and Rude join your party at the end of the second disc before you fight Hojo.

DrAwesomeMD

2, 3, and 4 would never happen, espically 2 and 4.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NeoGen85
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

Furycliff

2, 3, and 4 would never happen, espically 2 and 4.

I told him to stay away from drugs..

Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#20 lightwarrior179
Member since 2006 • 3422 Posts

Improved graphics,VO's,and improved music quality. It wouldn't be bad to try something new,but it would only annoy FFVII fans. :evil: I would first prefer a FFVI remake on one of the current consoles,and then a FFVII remake.

Allwhitez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Allwhitez
Member since 2007 • 1371 Posts

You wouldn't be able to make up your own names if you had voice-acting. But having a personalised name ian't that important.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 johngebreadman
I never use personalised names anyway I keep them the same
Squall_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Squall_2
Member since 2008 • 4220 Posts

There will obviously need to be some changes made to it to warrant a remake won't there? So what changes/revamps would you like to see? And what would you not like to see?

For me, I would obviously love to see Advent Children/Crisis core style graphics and cutscenes, with characters looking more realistic and less like polygons. It would also be nice to see the environments look a little more realistic and more modern.

I would also like it if voice acting was included in the game, preferably the same VA's who worked on Advent Children. It would make it even better at giving genuine emotion to the characters.

And for me the most important bit is the music. When the game was first released on the Playstation the music quality had to be reduced to get it onto the disc. Wouldn't it be fantastic if the music was, not different, but of a higher production and quality of the original game? We could hear the music that Nobou Uematsu originally wanted us to hear!

And then things they musn't do. do NOT change the storyline. Don't put in any extra dungeons, side quests, dialogue or anything which "explains" or contradicts anything. Also leave the gameplay and battle system alone because it is great as is and a revamp would ruin it.

What are your views on a possible remake?

johngebreadman

that and a few sidequests

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 johngebreadman
Sidequests generally need to add some plot though, so that might mess it up a bit if they have to write somethign new
Squall_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Squall_2
Member since 2008 • 4220 Posts
yeah they have to have meaning or theres no point doing them
Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts

yeah they have to have meaning or theres no point doing themSquall_2

I would disagree with that. Surely if there was a good enough prize at the end of the side quest you would go through with it anyway? Although side quests with some plot is nice, a very good example of that (although not a SE game) would be Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant.

Avatar image for Army_of_Shadows
Army_of_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Army_of_Shadows
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts

[QUOTE="Squall_2"]yeah they have to have meaning or theres no point doing themLady_Bahamut

I would disagree with that. Surely if there was a good enough prize at the end of the side quest you would go through with it anyway? Although side quests with some plot is nice, a very good example of that (although not a SE game) would be Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant.

I agree. You don't really need a plot line. It was easy with Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant cuz it was a sequel and didn't have to tie into anything. I'm sure Square-Enix will come up with something. FFX did a good job (even though there wasn't any real plot in it, I still did most of it.)

Allwhitez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Allwhitez

This might sound a bit confusing (and stupid) but instead of having sidequests have a design with a whole lot of mini storys based around the different characters and their past, kind of like the unlimited SaGa system. As in you can choose the character you play as and each character has their own story. For instance there'd be a seperate storygame for Tifa, Aeris, Sephiroth, etc, along with the main story. There might not be in-game rewards, but instead there'd be more info based around the characters and FF7's very confusing story.

langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#30 langrisser2005
Member since 2004 • 2285 Posts

If a remake of FFVII is happening for the Playstation 3, i'd buy one for it for sure :)

As for new ideas, side quests would be a great idea. I think i like the mini storys for each character would be awesome, like say you could also experience and play as Sephiroth in his vendetta, and follow his story and tracks and not just Cloud himself - i'd love that :)

Allwhitez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Allwhitez
OH COME ON THAT IDEA WAS THOUGHT UP IN A FEW SECONDS BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO INS... Wait you actually liked it.:shock:
FF-Is-Awsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FF-Is-Awsome
Member since 2008 • 424 Posts

Im hoping for a remake or a game bassed on Genesis. a game playable from multiple veiws with slightly different stories depending on you character would be cool.

KingBahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KingBahamut
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts
everything I was going to say was said in the first comment though extra content would be nice but considering that dirge of cerbereus gave extra story and details and the fans didn't hate even if the game was bad some extra background wouldn't be too bad
Allwhitez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Allwhitez

Im hoping for a remake or a game bassed on Genesis. FF-Is-Awsome

How did we know you were going to say that.

pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 pikastar
Member since 2006 • 3405 Posts

Im hoping for a remake or a game bassed on Genesis. a game playable from multiple veiws with slightly different stories depending on you character would be cool.

FF-Is-Awsome

Ya I think they have really set it up for a game after Dirge of Cerberus with the focus on Genesis.

Unabomber256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Unabomber256
Member since 2005 • 128 Posts

I think that they should cram in as much "collector's edition" kind of stuff in as possible. Extra minigames in gold saucer would be cool. Someone earlier mentioned a hard mode, that's a good idea but why not also a new game + mode? New side quests that don't interfere with the story would be cool.

I think what I'm frustrated with is that they expanded the VII universe across so many platforms. I realize they did it so that people with different platforms can experience the game but if you want to play all of them you have to have all the systems. Maybe they could put all the other games into a single collection on a console(s) (Like the Megaman collections). Wishful thinking.

Allwhitez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Allwhitez
Also I just realised that they need to put in the quick save function. I've clocked up too many hours in games that you HAVE to save at a certain point and then I find out that I need to go places (in real life) AGES after my last time at a save point.
FF-Is-Awsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FF-Is-Awsome
Member since 2008 • 424 Posts
[QUOTE="FF-Is-Awsome"]

Im hoping for a remake or a game bassed on Genesis. Allwhitez

How did we know you were going to say that.

Not sure how'd you know that there must some sort of tell. Anyway i don't really think you need to add much extra because alot of the people who want the remake havn't played the origiona; because it costs so much now because it can be difficult to get a good quality copy (theres my problem still never played it).

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 johngebreadman
Also I just realised that they need to put in the quick save function. I've clocked up too many hours in games that you HAVE to save at a certain point and then I find out that I need to go places (in real life) AGES after my last time at a save point.Allwhitez
That annoys me so much in games, where you cannot save where you want, most of the time, I only have 20-30 minutes on a game before having to do something, and with games like SO3 where you only come across a save point once an hour it is very frustrtating
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SymonDezyn

Also I just realised that they need to put in the quick save function. I've clocked up too many hours in games that you HAVE to save at a certain point and then I find out that I need to go places (in real life) AGES after my last time at a save point.Allwhitez

Oh yeah, you said it - I cannot even count how many times that has happened to me!