[Game Coverage] Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII *updated 03/25/08*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for michelle_moraes
michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1 michelle_moraes
Member since 2005 • 4198 Posts

Hi guys! This is Seifer yet again :D

This time bringing you game coverage on the upcoming title (which I'm sure many people have been eagarly waiting a long time for! XD) - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII! 8)

Aeris started this last year in anticipation of the Japanese release, and now we're going to continue it with the English release almost here! :o I'll be updating where Aeris left off and adding a whole lot of fruity goodness and more!

Let's continue to discuss about Crisis Core where it left off shall we?

Last Updated: 03/25/08
Contributors: Michelle_Moraes & Langrisser2005
Edited by: FG

Game Title: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII [ クライシス コア -ファイナルファンタジーVII ]
Developer: Square Enix
Publisher: Square Enix
Official Site:Crisis Core (Japanese)Crisis Core (English)
Release Date: September 13th, 2007 - Japan, March 25th, 2008 - USA, TBA - Europe/Australia
Genre: Action RPG
Platform: Sony PSP

Overview: This game is a prequel to Final Fantasy VII (1997, PS1), and revolves around Zack Fair, who wants to become the elite of SOLDIER, the 1st C.lass. He trains under Angeal his mentor and leader of the SOLDIER military.

Zack Fair: Born in the village of Gongaga, Zack is under Angeal's mentorship in order to become a 1st c.lass SOLDIER in a period of 4 years. He works extremely hard towards his goal, and in one of his missions to Midgar he meets Aerith, a young teenager who lives in the slums of Sector 7. He is laid back and flirting, as well as kind and despises killing despite his superior combat skills, which he uses to protect people.

Angeal Hewley: A 1st c lass SOLDIER and eventually, the mentor of Zack. He carries the famous Buster Sword. A friend to Genesis and Sephiroth. He has two white wings on his back, which he considers a curse.

Aeris (or Aerith, in the original) Gainsborough: The last of the Cetra, she ends up meeting Zack in one of his missions to Midgar. Since she was young, the Turks have been watching her, as the ShinRa Company treats her as important for their Science Department researchs.

Genesis: A literature lover and fan of the novel Loveless, he is yet another 1st c lass SOLDIER. He seems to be a friend to Angeal and Sephiroth, though he considers Sephiroth his rival. He suddenly disappears at the Wutai War.

Sephiroth: The legendary and most feared SOLDIER that ever existed, 1st c lass. Always completes his assignments with perfection, with his almost super human traits. He is very reserved, though for some reason Zack, Angeal and Genesis are capable of reading him once in a while.

Lazard: An intellectual executive at SOLDIER. He manages the division and comes up with strategies plans. Although he does not have battle skills to act on the field, he attains enough status inside the organization, moving up the ladders of recognition at an impressive speed.

Cloud Strife: The young Cloud has the dream of joining SOLDIER like Zack does, and left his hometown Nibelheim in order to go to Midgar pursue his goal. Meets Zack and soon they become friends.

Cissnei: Being recognized by the Turks for her potential, the young lady who used to live in an orphanage received strict training and education. She is the youngest person to ever join the Turks.

Tseng: Member of the Turks, a special division of ShinRa that does the "dirty work". Eventually he investigates the disappearance of Genesis.

Expect to use the famous FFVII materias in a brand new way with this new action-type gameplay, named "Digital Mind Wave".

Japanese magazines scans:

Famitus Review:Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4 | Page 5

Screenshots of the game:

cccccc

All Crisis Core FF VII Launch Center Images »

Promotional TV ad
Game's Intro Loop
TGS 2006 Trailer
Last Trailer

All Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Videos »

Feel free to submit any Crisis Core wallpapers for PC or PSP you may make!

For the PC:

Crisis Core Official Wallpaper

For the PSP:

Crisis Core Sephiroth - Made by michelle_moraes
crisiscorev1.jpg - By Rizhall456
crisiscorev2.jpg - By Rizhall456
crisiscorev3.jpg - By Rizhall456
crisiscorev4.jpg - By Rizhall456
crisiscorev5.jpg - By Rizhall456

NEWLY ADDED!

By Pikastar

Credits (magazine scans): Jeux-France.com
Credits (screenshots): Square Enix Official site, Sony, RPGamer, Jeux-France
Bibliography: Crisis Core official site, Wikipedia, Jeux-France, Crisis Core.net

Director: Hajime Tabata
Executive Producer: Yoshinori Kitase
Character Designer: Tetsuya Nomura
Music Composer:Takeharu Ishimoto

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 michelle_moraes

:: Here is where we will be providing a guide through the game once it's out! You can check back here for NEW information, walkthroughs and guides for Crisis Core!

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core Soundtrack

Composer: Takeharu Ishimoto, Kazuhiko Toyama
Tracks: 55
Discs: 2 CDs
Released: October 10, 2007

My Summary: Great rearranged themes from the original game, with added rock themes for remixes, and full choired orchestrated pieces.

Soundtrack review by Seifer coming very soon!

Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts
So they finally gave that Shuriken girl from Before Crisis a name, I wonder If the original avalanche team will also appear.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

I can tell you the name of a few of them.

Guy in red- Genesis

Guy at the bottom- Shinra's head(I think)

Guy under Genesis- Sephiroth:P

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 michelle_moraes

Heheheh yep!

Man, I'm so hyped for this game that I ended up commiting a sin - pre-ordering the Japanese version! XD

I can't wait to play with Zack and see how the story unfolds. The game looks amazing.

Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts

This game looks so amazing each time I read more about it!

Aeris - I can't wait until you get it! You have to tell us every little detail! :P

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

Heheheh yep!

Man, I'm so hyped for this game that I ended up commiting a sin - pre-ordering the Japanese version! XD

I can't wait to play with Zack and see how the story unfolds. The game looks amazing.

michelle_moraes

Wow!!You will have to let me know all about it!! I preordered the NA version a year and a half ago.. I'm looking that forward to it.. and it was the main reason I first bought a psp also a year and a half ago. NOTHING will stop me from buying this game (besides I've already paid for it) but I don't care if it gets horrible ratings, I'm playing it anyway.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="michelle_moraes"]

Heheheh yep!

crushgoil

Wow!!You will have to let me know all about it!! I preordered the NA version a year and a half ago.. I'm looking that forward to it.. and it was the main reason I first bought a psp also a year and a half ago. NOTHING will stop me from buying this game (besides I've already paid for it) but I don't care if it gets horrible ratings, I'm playing it anyway.

You know...I'm thinking about getting a PSP just for this game! It's so crazy!

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 michelle_moraes
[QUOTE="michelle_moraes"]

Heheheh yep!

crushgoil

ME TOO Yuna! I just want to play the game to bring back feel of nostalgia... Aeris was always my favorite female character, and I'm really curious of what exactly she did in the past to be able to avoid Shinra taking her custody for so long, up to the events in FFVII. Not to mention her and Zack - was it a close friendship or really first love? Let the soap opera begin! :P

When I was in Brazil I used to get the "alternative" japanese copies of Final Fantasies, because I just wanted to play it anyway! Back then, I didn't know a word of Japanese. But now I've been so much more exposed to it, that I'm kinda relieved I may end up enjoying way more than back then. This time I'll surely know what "potion" is spelled like in katakana... Hahahaha!

I'll definitely tell how the game is like; hopefully by then I'll know how to grab screenshots... XD

Pretty much like you, this game is the reason why I got my PSP in the first place.

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IpodHero176

Does anyone remember what SE said about the complication?

They said that it will be 10 years.

FFVII came out in Japan in 1997, and it's 2007 now.

Does that mean that CC will be the last game in the complication?

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 michelle_moraes
No, it is actually 20 years Cecil!
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IpodHero176

No, it is actually 20 years Cecil!michelle_moraes

They added 10 more years?:(

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 michelle_moraes

[QUOTE="michelle_moraes"]No, it is actually 20 years Cecil!IpodHero176

I don't know if they 'added', but what I do know is that the total of years of this compilation will be 20. And, mark my words, I believe the last game of the compilation will be the game most people are praying for.

EDIT: Here, I found a link where it says it will indeed be added 10 more years: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1287.html

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="michelle_moraes"]No, it is actually 20 years Cecil!michelle_moraes

I don't know if they 'added', but what I do know is that the total of years of this compilation will be 20. And, mark my words, I believe the last game of the compilation will be the game most people are praying for.

Of course, it wouldn't make sense not to end it like that.

I was watching that FF retrospective and they said that FFVII's complication would span 10 years. I guess they added 10 more.

This is what Nomura will be working on after FFXIII and Versus(his last FF games).

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

EDIT: Here, I found a link where it says it will indeed be added 10 more years: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1287.html

Isn't 10 years a bit long to wait for the remade FFVII?

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 michelle_moraes
[QUOTE="michelle_moraes"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="michelle_moraes"]No, it is actually 20 years Cecil!queen_valentine

Hahaha who knows? Even though hope is the first to faint, it is still the last to die! :P

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="michelle_moraes"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

Hahaha who knows? Even though hope is the first to faint, it is still the last to die! :P

You're right.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="michelle_moraes"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

Indeed! Well said Aeris!

I guess the PS3 is supposed to be "future-proof" anyway, hahaha. :P 10 years, here we come!

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="michelle_moraes"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="michelle_moraes"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="michelle_moraes"]No, it is actually 20 years Cecil!queen_valentine

Indeed! Well said Aeris!

I guess the PS3 is supposed to be future-proof anyway, hahaha. :P 10 years, here we come!

I wish I had Hiro's time power(from Heroes), I would go into the future and get the game.

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 michelle_moraes
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="michelle_moraes"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="michelle_moraes"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="michelle_moraes"]No, it is actually 20 years Cecil!IpodHero176

Indeed! Well said Aeris!

I guess the PS3 is supposed to be future-proof anyway, hahaha. :P 10 years, here we come!

I wish I had Hiro's time power(from Heroes), I would go into the future and get the game.

HAHAHA! To be honest, if I had Hiro's power, I'd get into SE HQ and change the game plan to FFVI remake, hahahaha!

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="michelle_moraes"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="michelle_moraes"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

Indeed! Well said Aeris!

HAHAHA! To be honest, if I had Hiro's power, I'd get into SE HQ and change the game plan to FFVI remake, hahahaha!

Hahahahaha, yea!

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 michelle_moraes

Here is the Square Enix Party uncut version video! Around 8 minutes long!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=75r_M8PAbI4

Jayvon215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jayvon215
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts

Ok something I was wondering about Zack right and I am sure someone here can answer me right. Remember on FF7 when Cloud was having a headache to the point that his hair turned black and he kinda looked like Zack??? Did he actually turn into Zack or not??? I was just wondering i hope this questions isn t too stupid for an answer

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 michelle_moraes

Ok something I was wondering about Zack right and I am sure someone here can answer me right. Remember on FF7 when Cloud was having a headache to the point that his hair turned black and he kinda looked like Zack??? Did he actually turn into Zack or not??? I was just wondering i hope this questions isn t too stupid for an answer

Jayvon215

I believe that was a flashback; as far as I remember the game, there isn't any physical "change". There were flashbacks in which the mysteries revolving the Nibelheim accident were uncovered.

Don't worry about asking questions!

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="michelle_moraes"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="michelle_moraes"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

Indeed! Well said Aeris!

Me too, but a CT remake:D

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 queen_valentine

Jayvon215

No, that is an excellent question. It's been such a long time since I've played VII...I don't really remember much of it!

All this Crisis Core talk really makes me want to replay VII. If I had a PSP though, I would wait until I was done with Crisis Core and then play VII to get the full effect. :)

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 michelle_moraes
Okay so let's see... Cloud x Aeris or Cloud x Tifa? What are you guys/gals opinions? XD
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 queen_valentine
Cloud and Aeris. Aeris is a kind soul. Although I did like Tifa a lot, 'cause she was a tough cookie. But I think Cloud is the kind of personality who needs someone to take care of him. Therefore, Aeris is the right choice. But then there's that whole thing about Aeris dying at the end so...
Jayvon215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jayvon215
Ok guys thanks because I was really lost. Now to your current questions I did like Cloud and Aeris beore she died that made me wanna destroy Sephiroth even more but I think Cloud and Tifa fits well because she knows Cloud more than Aeris and even though Aeris was Cloud original chioce and she rubbed him the right way Tifa has the advantage in some ways because she knew him longer so she would know how to comfort him in some ways also but thats a hard chioce
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 IpodHero176

Okay so let's see... Cloud x Aeris or Cloud x Tifa? What are you guys/gals opinions? XDmichelle_moraes

Cloud x tifa. I would say Aeris, but she's dead. If they let her live, then her and cloud, but I think Tifa deserves Cloud.

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 michelle_moraes
Just so you know, Famitsu game Crisis Core 9/9/8/9 (35 out of 40)!! And the average score for this weeks reviews there was 8.75!!!! Way to Crisis Core!! I'm just glad this game seems like it is not gonna flop!!! Thanks saint Kefka! XD
kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#33 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

Dang Squenix, 20 years of FFVII games......I mean I liked VII...but after all these games based on it, aren't people going to get a little bit tired of the series? Unless they do a remake, all this will feel like its been for nothing, to me at least. Since, with all these filler games and spinoffs, people will be expecting (or should I say have been expecting) a full fledged remake to tie it all together in a pretty package...but who knows anymore.

I was hoping for CC to come out this holiday...but I doubt it'll happen :( Curses!!!!

Rizhall456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rizhall456
Member since 2005 • 4045 Posts
Crisis Core Extended version of latest trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=CWkJgw0wxlE Crisis Core Loop Demo http://youtube.com/watch?v=VcebK895pxU and some wallpapers for the PSP, by me =D http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev1.jpg http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev2.jpg http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev3.jpg http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev4.jpg http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev5.jpg
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="michelle_moraes"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="michelle_moraes"]No, it is actually 20 years Cecil!kryu88

Dang Squenix, 20 years of FFVII games......I mean I liked VII...but after all these games based on it, aren't people going to get a little bit tired of the series? Unless they do a remake, all this will feel like its been for nothing, to me at least. Since, with all these filler games and spinoffs, people will be expecting (or should I say have been expecting) a full fledged remake to tie it all together in a pretty package...but who knows anymore.

I was hoping for CC to come out this holiday...but I doubt it'll happen :( Curses!!!!

I agree - 20 years seems excessive. I think it's going to get to the point where no one will even want to hear the words "Final Fantasy VII", if they do it wrong.

And going on that, aren't they drawing out the Fabula Nova Crystallis (I know I butchered that) series for 10 years?

Jayvon215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jayvon215
Remake FF7 thats all I don t mind the spin offs but I agree with everyone saying that FF will get tiresome
michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 michelle_moraes

Here is the game opening, in case someone wants to watch it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzTHuoOUUOQ

I just love how they seem to be using a lot Final Fantasy VII's OST in its own remix...

langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#38 langrisser2005
Member since 2004 • 2285 Posts
Wow, watching that intro reminds me so much of FFVII! Ahh! I want this game! :P
Rizhall456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rizhall456

Crisis Core Extended version of latest trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=CWkJgw0wxlE
Crisis Core Loop Demo http://youtube.com/watch?v=VcebK895pxU
and some wallpapers for the PSP, by me =D http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev1.jpg http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev2.jpg http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev3.jpg http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev4.jpg http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev5.jpgRizhall456

=

the intro feels super nostalgic even tho i've never seen it~ my copy of hte game should be coming in soon =D

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 queen_valentine

[QUOTE="Rizhall456"]Crisis Core Extended version of latest trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=CWkJgw0wxlE
Crisis Core Loop Demo http://youtube.com/watch?v=VcebK895pxU
and some wallpapers for the PSP, by me =D http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev1.jpg http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev2.jpg http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev3.jpg http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev4.jpg http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Rizhall/PSP%20Wallpapers/crisiscorev5.jpgRizhall456

=

the intro feels super nostalgic even tho i've never seen it~ my copy of hte game should be coming in soon =D

Wow! So now that's two people who will have Crisis Core on their hands! AWESOME! :D I am jealous! :P

You guys will have to tell us all the little details! :)

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

Here is the game opening, in case someone wants to watch it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzTHuoOUUOQ

I just love how they seem to be using a lot Final Fantasy VII's OST in its own remix...

michelle_moraes

too cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 IpodHero176

Remake FF7 thats all I don t mind the spin offs but I agree with everyone saying that FF will get tiresomeJayvon215

Yeah, they should remake it and leave it at that.

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 S_Jake
Member since 2004 • 1502 Posts

[QUOTE="Jayvon215"]Remake FF7 thats all I don t mind the spin offs but I agree with everyone saying that FF will get tiresomeIpodHero176

They should, but you and I know that's not going to happen: There's just too much money to milk out of the saps that'll buy anything FFVII related, regardless of the quality.

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="Jayvon215"]Remake FF7 thats all I don t mind the spin offs but I agree with everyone saying that FF will get tiresomeS_Jake

They should, but you and I know that's not going to happen: There's just too much money to milk out of the saps that'll buy anything FFVII related, regardless of the quality.

Yep. I bet that they will make a dev team specifically for making FF7 games.

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 michelle_moraes
What I love so far is that the game seems to have that FFVII feeling, you know? Just watching those trailers give me that impression. And knowing that there will be stuff like the materias too, gives me hope this game will be great.
Rizhall456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Rizhall456
i guess my wallpapers won't make it into the page =\
michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 michelle_moraes

i guess my wallpapers won't make it into the page =\Rizhall456

Oh I'm sorry I forgot to put it there! But now it's fixed! I like the 2nd one of your set best!

Rizhall456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Rizhall456
lol thanks. i wanna make soem more with a new template. i liek that template i made a lot, looked like FFVII menu a lot to me~ but i don't wanna overuse it. maybe i'll make a new CC template
michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 michelle_moraes
I updated the character section... so if you don't know a character, go check it out... XD
kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#50 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts
Lazard? That is basically the same name as a guy from Valkryie Profile... (Lezard) and he even looks like him...creeeepy.