Why only black people wearing Vick jerseys at last night's game?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

Ever since the Saints/Falcons game last night, I've been very bothered by the support Michael Vick is getting. The guy is a convicted felon and did some really cruel things to a lot of dogs, but yet people still wear his jersey. If that isn't baffling enough, it's only black people that wear it.

Now please don't say that's b/c Atlanta is a predominantly black area, b/c that's just not true. There were a ton of white people in the stands, too, but I didn't see any wearing Vick jerseys.

Why is this a race issue? The guy tortured and murdered dogs, why would any one support him?

(Here's a local article about some of the support he recieved from former teammates and fans)

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
or could their just be more black people in atlanta? yes i know there were white people but it was still mainly a black crowd
Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts
I actually was wondering that too. It's kind of a disgrace considering what Vick did.
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
i could answer this question with a funny answer but i would litterally get thrown off of this site
hellfire9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 hellfire9988
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts
Well, I think that black people think that white people hate them so they are defensive and think this is a racial issue. Anyone who defends him is an idiot, he is already convicted, and guess what? The Falcons are terrible regaurdless who their quarterback is.
fudger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 fudger2
Member since 2004 • 2315 Posts

Well, I think that black people think that white people hate them so they are defensive and think this is a racial issue. Anyone who defends him is an idiot, he is already convicted, and guess what? The Falcons are terrible regaurdless who their quarterback is.hellfire9988

Coming from a black guy who has a lot of "racial heavy" friends you couldnt be more right. They alwasy claim its trying to keep the black man down. Im not gonna lie, i supported him until he made his guilty plea and when he is released ill be his biggest fan and hope he comes back but until then, i couldnt care less. I do think that the dog thing was old for him and he kinda stopped though since the house ws in virgina(i think)

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Pure and simple, the race issue has made blacks very sensitive to legal issues when it comes to blacks--esp. celebrities and athletes and politicians. It's ignorance as well. they'd rather use the race issue than realize the facts in this situation cause it's easier to incite race rather than face facts.

Ever since the Saints/Falcons game last night, I've been very bothered by the support Michael Vick is getting. The guy is a convicted felon and did some really cruel things to a lot of dogs, but yet people still wear his jersey. If that isn't baffling enough, it's only black people that wear it.

Now please don't say that's b/c Atlanta is a predominantly black area, b/c that's just not true. There were a ton of white people in the stands, too, but I didn't see any wearing Vick jerseys.

Why is this a race issue? The guy tortured and murdered dogs, why would any one support him?

(Here's a local article about some of the support he recieved from former teammates and fans)

murlow12
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
this is one of many racially motivated topics/post you've made and literally they've all hit a special nerve,
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 murlow12

this is one of many racially motivated topics/post you've made and literally they've all hit a special nerve, BeanTownBrown86
Well I can assure you that they aren't aimed at you. I'm just intrigued by race relations as they pertain to sports. It's such an interesting dynamic, and people seem to make so many irrational choices when race is involved.

Until you made this post, I didn't even know you were black (and now I'm only assuming based on your statement). All I knew about you was there you were from Boston.

But did your post get cut off? There is a comma at the end,so maybeyou didn't finish your thought. Unless your only intention was to insenuate that I'm some sort of racist, to which I take offense. So please, elaborate on your statement.

lilhomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lilhomes
Member since 2004 • 462 Posts
I saw this same exact post on the ESPN NFL boards last night.. hmmm
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 murlow12

I saw this same exact post on the ESPN NFL boards last night.. hmmmlilhomes
What are you implying? :P

Anyway, I'm sure that I'm not the only person in the country that noticed this. I'm sure a lot of people are talking about it.

kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
A lot of blacks feel that Vick is getting demonized way too much, so they feel an obligation to take up for him.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

Why do you think....

The whole thing is ridiculous and anybody that supports him is an idiot (any coincidental things you can pick up here....?)

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#14 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
First of all, a lot of white people wanted Schaub to take over at QB. Vick was struggling late in the season, and the team couldn't make the playoffs with him. Schaub played well every time he was put in. A lot of black people also think that Vick is being put down for being black, so they continue to support him.
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kdt55
The TC asks why are blacks mostly wearing #7 jerseys, and MikeE21286 says "Why do you think.....they're idiots". Not nice.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 murlow12
The TC asks why are blacks mostly wearing #7 jerseys, and MikeE21286 says "Why do you think.....they're idiots". Not nice.

kdt55

Yeah, that's not what I was getting at. I actually already knew the social reasons, but I just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

As for white people wanting to see Schaub over Vick, I think that's silly. I loved watching Vick play. I don't know anybody who didn't. He was one of the most exciting players in the league, regardless of color.

kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kdt55

Response to GamerForca

Actually, Schaub had about 2 really good games with the Falcons..thats it. People built him up to be more than he proved to be. Everyone loves the backup when the starter is struggling, especially when it came to Vick in Atlanta. I know, I live in Atlanta and listen to sports talk radio religiously. When the Falcons went 10-5-1 and won the south, a lot of people still shouted "We want Matt". It was pretty ridiculous.

Of course Arthur Blank wishes that he held on to Schaub now, because he's better than the three slacks under center now, but there is no way that Matt would be able to be successful as Vick with the O-line that the Falcons have. Vick hid every weakness that the Falcons had with his athletic ability, and all anyone saw was Vicks weaknesses, so they ragged on him only. You throw Matt on this very Falcons team, and he's getting bullied all day, and they are still 3-and whatever. If Vick isn't a dumbass and is still playing, then I believe, the Falcons are actually winnin the south with how awful the south is.

ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
I don't condone what he did, but he deserves respect for one reason and one reason alone: he's human. We all make mistakes. This guy got more time than countless rapist and molesters have gotten. That's all you need to know. The system is rigged and it always has been.
InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts
I don't condone what he did, but he deserves respect for one reason and one reason alone: he's human. We all make mistakes. This guy got more time than countless rapist and molesters have gotten. That's all you need to know. The system is rigged and it always has been.ScoopyMcScoop

Oh please, what has he done to earn respect?  Smoked marijuana then lied about it?  Run an illegal dog fighting and gambling ring from his house then lied about that as well?  Torture and kill dogs with electrocution, hanging and drowning?  Flip off the fans last year when they were dissapointed with his awful performances?  Then his completely ridiculous apology, which was more of an "oops I got caught" than a legit apology.

Oh yeah, lets shower him in respect, cause he's a human being.  Please, he's shown NO respect for Roger Goodell, HIMSELF, the NFL, the judge handling his case, and most importantly, has shown NO respect to the fans in anyway.  He deserves no respect, especially since he's shown none.

Respect is earned, not given.

Listen, I think there are a lot of flaws in the legal system, but this time they got it right.  He got what he deserved for violating a FEDERAL OFFENSE!  He got about 2 years, that sounds right to me.  

WhoShotMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WhoShotMe
Member since 2002 • 5202 Posts

Oh Jesus.

So this is one of those instances where a feww hite people (whose intent, revealed or not, is questionable) will question a black person as to why black people do things? Surely ALL black people do the same thing, right!?My father warned me about these situations.

Guy watches game. Cameramen focus on the players and theaction on the field and even the announcers MORE than the crowd, butsaid guy claims to have seen more black peple wearing Vick jerseys than white people.

Maybe they BOUGHT them and decided to WEAR them.

That's WHAT HAPPENS when humans buy clothing. TheyWEAR it.

This is NOT a race issue. It NEVER was, but was made into one when ESPN wanted to NAACP reps to field questions about Vick a few months ago.

Because ONE black personrepresents the WHOLE, according to you all. Good thing they don't allow cornrows on black men in the military, or you'd all be accusing ME of dogfighting.

Who the hell ares if there were black people wearing Vick jerseys?

I don't like what Vick did even though I don't like dogs (filthy little ball-licking beasts they are. Cats are better).He broke the law, and I think he should be punished. However, it is amazing how people will rally around a few canines as opposed to...oh, I don't know...say, another athlete with no shady history at all, who is gunned down in his home trying to protect his fiancee and infant daughter. Just dig up whatever lies we can about him and slander the man before he's laid to rest, but cry rivers about lil' doggies.

And Atlanta IS a predominately black area, and by a WIDE margin. Do some research, people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta#Demographics

metaljeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 metaljeff
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
[QUOTE="ScoopyMcScoop"]I don't condone what he did, but he deserves respect for one reason and one reason alone: he's human. We all make mistakes. This guy got more time than countless rapist and molesters have gotten. That's all you need to know. The system is rigged and it always has been.InterpolWilco

Oh please, what has he done to earn respect? Smoked marijuana then lied about it? Run an illegal dog fighting and gambling ring from his house then lied about that as well? Torture and kill dogs with electrocution, hanging and drowning? Flip off the fans last year when they were dissapointed with his awful performances? Then his completely ridiculous apology, which was more of an "oops I got caught" than a legit apology.

Oh yeah, lets shower him in respect, cause he's a human being. Please, he's shown NO respect for Roger Goodell, HIMSELF, the NFL, the judge handling his case, and most importantly, has shown NO respect to the fans in anyway. He deserves no respect, especially since he's shown none.

Listen, I think there are a lot of flaws in the legal system, but this time they got it right. He got what he deserved for violating a FEDERAL OFFENSE! He got about 2 years, that sounds right to me.

Smoking pot has bben proven to be safer than alcohol, so who cares if he smoked weed?..........

I certainly don't support his dogfighting actions, but it is retarded to even bring up his pot smoking in lieu of what else he did.

InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts
[QUOTE="InterpolWilco"][QUOTE="ScoopyMcScoop"]I don't condone what he did, but he deserves respect for one reason and one reason alone: he's human. We all make mistakes. This guy got more time than countless rapist and molesters have gotten. That's all you need to know. The system is rigged and it always has been.metaljeff

Oh please, what has he done to earn respect? Smoked marijuana then lied about it? Run an illegal dog fighting and gambling ring from his house then lied about that as well? Torture and kill dogs with electrocution, hanging and drowning? Flip off the fans last year when they were dissapointed with his awful performances? Then his completely ridiculous apology, which was more of an "oops I got caught" than a legit apology.

Oh yeah, lets shower him in respect, cause he's a human being. Please, he's shown NO respect for Roger Goodell, HIMSELF, the NFL, the judge handling his case, and most importantly, has shown NO respect to the fans in anyway. He deserves no respect, especially since he's shown none.

Listen, I think there are a lot of flaws in the legal system, but this time they got it right. He got what he deserved for violating a FEDERAL OFFENSE! He got about 2 years, that sounds right to me.

Smoking pot has bben proven to be safer than alcohol, so who cares if he smoked weed?..........

I certainly don't support his dogfighting actions, but it is retarded to even bring up his pot smoking in lieu of what else he did.

Listen, I have liberal views on pot smoking, but it doesn't change the fact that A)  Its illegal, and B) HE LIED ABOUT IT TO THE COMMISSIONER OF THE NFL.  Right to his face!

Even if your all for pot smoking, he still lied.  Lying is a pattern with this guy, and thats the point I was trying to make, and yeah, it is apart of a bigger issue with this guy.

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#23 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
Who cares...these kind of threads are pointless...LOCK THIS THREAD PLEASE!!!
Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#24 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts

in all respects, even tho the topic comes off right away as a horrible example of racism... the support for Vick does bother me too :|

being a hardcore sports fan, I like to stick to my team even during losing seasons and off field nonsense, but convicted stupidity is a whole other spectrum. rape yer woman, beat children, drink and drive, deal drugs... how moronic can a well paid sports player be :shock:
if I was getting paid even a small sum to be apart of a league and play a sport I love with no worries, why would you bother with being stupid... it makes no sense... but then again I'm not rich and able to screw up my life more than it already is. for the Vick fans, maybe they just have nothing else to wear to the games :roll:

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 murlow12

Oh Jesus.

So this is one of those instances where a feww hite people (whose intent, revealed or not, is questionable) will question a black person as to why black people do things? Surely ALL black people do the same thing, right!?My father warned me about these situations.

Guy watches game. Cameramen focus on the players and theaction on the field and even the announcers MORE than the crowd, butsaid guy claims to have seen more black peple wearing Vick jerseys than white people.

Maybe they BOUGHT them and decided to WEAR them.

That's WHAT HAPPENS when humans buy clothing. TheyWEAR it.

This is NOT a race issue. It NEVER was, but was made into one when ESPN wanted to NAACP reps to field questions about Vick a few months ago.

Because ONE black personrepresents the WHOLE, according to you all. Good thing they don't allow cornrows on black men in the military, or you'd all be accusing ME of dogfighting.

Who the hell ares if there were black people wearing Vick jerseys?

I don't like what Vick did even though I don't like dogs (filthy little ball-licking beasts they are. Cats are better).He broke the law, and I think he should be punished. However, it is amazing how people will rally around a few canines as opposed to...oh, I don't know...say, another athlete with no shady history at all, who is gunned down in his home trying to protect his fiancee and infant daughter. Just dig up whatever lies we can about him and slander the man before he's laid to rest, but cry rivers about lil' doggies.

And Atlanta IS a predominately black area, and by a WIDE margin. Do some research, people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta#Demographics

WhoShotMe

Why doesn't this post surprise me? Always so much anger from you.

First, I didn't say there were MORE black people wearing Vick jerseys. I said ONLY black people. I didn't see one single white person wearing a Vick jersey. It seems like the black people that were wearing his jersey were trying to make some statement about how they will stick up for their own, no matter what they do, and no matter how ridiculous(kind of like what happened with OJ).

Second, it's been established that Taylor was a "thug" at one time in his life, and probably for most of his life. His former best friend in Arizona (Rolle?) confirmed that, and he also had prior gun charges. It's hilarous that you continue to deny Taylor's past. Furthermore, those dogs didn't choose that life; Vick chose it for him. Taylor made his bed and then he had to sleep in it.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#26 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

The "We want Schaub" thing came from Vick's offense never working by the end of the season (not that it would be better if Schaub played with the offense set up as it was). People wanted change because Vick's offense would probably never work again, because most NFL teams had caught on to it.

And only the city is predominantly black. The metro area, which holds about 4 million more people than the city (or something like that), is mostly white.

WhoShotMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WhoShotMe

Second, it's been established that Taylor was a "thug" at one time in his life, and probably for most of his life. His former best friend in Arizona (Rolle?) confirmed that, and he also had prior gun charges. It's hilarous that you continue to deny Taylor's past. Furthermore, those dogs didn't choose that life; Vick chose it for him. Taylor made his bed and then he had to sleep in it.

murlow12

Wrong. Again. As always.

Taylor grew up ina suburban neighborhood, went to a prep school, with a father who is/was a police chief. He was not a thug. You should get bent for slandering the recently deceased.

And you're damn right I'm mad. Your post reeks of racism and you know it. People like you are making this into a race issue. You made a statement and denied a fact that you didn't want to hear JUST so you could attempt to make a point about black people and "how they will stick up for their own", then to another poster who points this out, youretreat with "this isn't aimed at you".Your intent with the original post is almost so transparent that it's laughable.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 murlow12
[QUOTE="murlow12"]

WhoShotMe

Wrong. Again. As always.

Taylor grew up ina suburban neighborhood, went to a prep school, with a father who is/was a police chief. He was not a thug. You should get bent for slandering the recently deceased.

And you're damn right I'm mad. Your post reeks of racism and you know it. People like you are making this into a race issue. You made a statement and denied a fact that you didn't want to hear JUST so you could attempt to make a point about black people and "how they will stick up for their own", then to another poster who points this out, youretreat with "this isn't aimed at you".Your intent with the original post is almost so transparent that it's laughable.

I really feel sorry for people like you. People who alwaysstay on the defensive and look for instances to pull the race card. That's really no way to live life; being on the lookout all the time for situations to get angry about.

And by the way, I didn't make this into a race issue. The people that continue to wear his jersey, in the face of everwhelming evidence and a GUILTY plea, have made this into a race issue. It's the same people that make everything into a race issue, and I think you are probably one of those people.

WhoShotMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WhoShotMe

I really feel sorry for people like you. People who alwaysstay on the defensive and look for instances to pull the race card. That's really no way to live life; being on the lookout all the time for situations to get angry about.

And by the way, I didn't make this into a race issue. The people that continue to wear his jersey, in the face of everwhelming evidence and a GUILTY plea, have made this into a race issue. It's the same people that make everything into a race issue, and I think you are probably one of those people.

murlow12

Hey. Murlow12.

Your thread title was "Why only black people wearing Vick jerseys at last night's game?". THEN you tried to insinuate that this was somehow related to the OJ case. Nevermind that Vick has been the most popular player in Atlanta, and that Vick's jersey has been one of the most popular prior to the case.

And I made his a race issue? Are you mad?

You can think whatever you want, but you wouldn't get far. Hell, you think that I am a race-baiter, despite the fact that I don't like Vick nor the Falcons, and that Istated that I never supported him throughout this nonsense because he broke the law. Lol.

footballstar07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 footballstar07
Member since 2007 • 698 Posts

yeah i see where your going with this micheal vick is a loser for what he did but some people on this thread really adressed this as a racial issue (me at first) because of how you quickly had to use only black people, next time try using why do "people" still wear his jersey

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 murlow12

Your username says everything I need to know about you, WhoShotMe.

And for the record, I didn't accuse you specifically of making this into a race issue. Read my post again. I said the people that continue to wear the Vick jersey made this into a race issue.

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

[QUOTE="BeanTownBrown86"]this is one of many racially motivated topics/post you've made and literally they've all hit a special nerve.murlow12

Well I can assure you that they aren't aimed at you. I'm just intrigued by race relations as they pertain to sports. It's such an interesting dynamic, and people seem to make so many irrational choices when race is involved.

Until you made this post, I didn't even know you were black (and now I'm only assuming based on your statement). All I knew about you was there you were from Boston.

But did your post get cut off? There is a comma at the end,so maybeyou didn't finish your thought. Unless your only intention was to insenuate that I'm some sort of racist, to which I take offense. So please, elaborate on your statement.

relax, i wasnt callin you a racist. was what michael vick right, hell no, did he get what he deserved, yes, i just think the media blew it up waaaaay to much, i just hate that whenever people see more black faces on screen it automatically stirs up a racial debate, i can almost guarantee if it was the other way around nobody would even think to bring up race,....oops . ;)
ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
Some of you need a little faith in your life man (and I don't necessarily mean this to be taken as religion). Humans deserve respect purely because they are human. If you don't agree, then I feel sorry for you, for you are a confused person unaware of the many trials and tribulations that we all go through. Have some respect man. People make mistakes. If we saw one, biased, overly engineered video of someone, ANYONE, doing something bad and that's all we showed of that person and then asked others what they thought of him or her, we'd probably say "they're bad people," would we not? Fact is, all we see about Vick right now is the bad... it's not as if this man has never done good in this life. Give him a break, his sentence was punishment enough. He's already been humiliated and made an example of enough. Enough is ENOUGH. PERIOD.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts

Why not wear his jersey? Hes a damn good football player. Bill Belichick is a known cheater, but still one of the most supported coaches in the NFL. Lots of people do bad things, that doesn't mean they weren't/aren't great players.

I won't run around saying free Mike Vick, but I will say I would love to see him play again. If you wouldn't I would have to question how much of a football fan you really are.

comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 comstrikeiscool

Why not wear his jersey? Hes a damn good football player. Bill Belichick is a known cheater, but still one of the most supported coaches in the NFL. Lots of people do bad things, that doesn't mean they weren't/aren't great players.

I won't run around saying free Mike Vick, but I will say I would love to see him play again. If you wouldn't I would have to question how much of a football fan you really are.

nmaharg

The difference is everyone knows a lot of teams use recordings to capture teams signals and various other ways. As for Vick, he was actually an average player. I wouldn't call him a "damn good football player."

ecamped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ecamped
Member since 2005 • 630 Posts

murlow12

Because it is a race issue. A lot of black people try to pretend that this is racial discrimination against African Americans. I don't understand why.

The same thing like that happened with black people sitting down on their butts and complaining that America was racist against blacks, because there have never been a black president. Now, finally, somebody actually decides to stop crying, and actually try to become president! Wow, thought they just handed out the job for president. Go Obama.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nmaharg
[QUOTE="nmaharg"]

comstrikeiscool

The difference is everyone knows a lot of teams use recordings to capture teams signals and various other ways. As for Vick, he was actually an average player. I wouldn't call him a "damn good football player."

What was average about Vick. Now thats just a BS comment. He was the falcons. Look at them without him.

comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 comstrikeiscool
[QUOTE="comstrikeiscool"][QUOTE="nmaharg"]

nmaharg

What was average about Vick. Now thats just a BS comment. He was the falcons. Look at them without him.

Exactly my point. You said he was the Falcons...nothing about his play.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nmaharg
[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="comstrikeiscool"][QUOTE="nmaharg"]

comstrikeiscool

Watch him play, it speaks for itself. Vick an average football player, thats just funny. There is no other human on this planet that could do the things he did on the football field.

comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 comstrikeiscool
[QUOTE="comstrikeiscool"][QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="comstrikeiscool"][QUOTE="nmaharg"]

nmaharg

Watch him play, it speaks for itself. Vick an average football player, thats just funny. There is no other human on this planet that could do the things he did on the football field.

Yes, he could run, but apart from that, not much else.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nmaharg
[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="comstrikeiscool"][QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="comstrikeiscool"][QUOTE="nmaharg"]

comstrikeiscool

Yes, he could run, but apart from that, not much else.

You're the people I just walk away from when it comes to vick. You know nothing about the game if you really believe that.

comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 comstrikeiscool
Try listening to some sports radio. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two. ;)
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nmaharg

Try listening to some sports radio. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two. ;)comstrikeiscool

Try playing, then maybe you won't have to get your opinions from others.

comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 comstrikeiscool

[QUOTE="comstrikeiscool"]Try listening to some sports radio. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two. ;)nmaharg

Try playing, then maybe you won't have to get your opinions from others.

Playing in the NFL? Are you kidding? I never said I took their opinions, it's called, "debating" and "facts."

WhoShotMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WhoShotMe

Your username says everything I need to know about you, WhoShotMe.

And for the record, I didn't accuse you specifically of making this into a race issue. Read my post again. I said the people that continue to wear the Vick jersey made this into a race issue.

murlow12

My username speaks about me? What? Excuse me?

Eff you two times. You don't know anything about me. It's a play on a(n in)famous rap diss track by BIG entitled "Who Shot Ya?", and you think you know about me? GTFOutta here with that mess.

Also "for the record", murlow12, you only said that people wearing Vick's jersey (didn't even mention race this time. Switched your demeanor.) made this a race issue AFTER you said that only black people were wearing it (the same point at which I made my first reply).You're the one making the racialist mistakes here and making yourself look bad.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

It's not a black/white thing, it's a stupid/common sense thing.

There's lots of STUPID, IGNORANT people in Atlanta - their skin color has nothing to do with their stupidity. They simply CHOOSE to be IGNORANT and STUPID.

These black, Pro-Vick Atlanta people are just stupid. They're like sheep - they found something in common with Mike Vick - their skin color. For reasons we'll never understand, these people choose to align themselves with Vick - they only see him as a victim, not a perpetrator. These people don't even care about the dogs he killed. They just see a popular, black NFL Quarterback being sentenced to jail, and it rallies them into an unjustified frenzy using a bogus RACIAL platform as their soapbox.

I'll never forget that ESPN townmeeting where all the black people in the audience would BOO and JEER everytime someone tried to explain to them that killing dogs and lying about it to the FBI was a bad thing.

They're sheep. Stupid, mindless sheep who are led around by race-mongers like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and whoever the big-mouth of the week is at the NAACP.

Vulpix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 Vulpix7
Member since 2005 • 1474 Posts
Maybe, like me, those wearing Vick jerseys don't have a ton of extra cash and choose to wear the jersey they already have to show support for their team.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 murlow12

Maybe, like me, those wearing Vick jerseys don't have a ton of extra cash and choose to wear the jersey they already have to show support for their team.SeanGillet
That makes sense, but I certainly wouldn't do it. If somebody commits a terrible crime I would no longer wear his jersey. And yes, I stopped wearing my Kobe jersey until he was cleared of the rape chargers. I will also no longer wear my Paul Loduca Dodgers' jersey. He was one of my favorite Dodgers, but I'm not going to support a cheater. To do so would be classless and I think it says a lot about the people that continue to wear such jerseys.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Because they don't see much wrong with it and they support him through anything since he's their hero. Dogfighting is a common thing here in the ghetto, not saying i support it. You just have to see where they're coming from.
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

Because Vick is still a phenomenal football player no matter what he does off the field. Now why only black people? I don't know maybe they don't care that much? Obviously it's a black thing, but if I had a Vick jersey from before he got into all this, I wouldn't stop wearing it. Why should I? Because by wearing my $120 or whatever jersey I'm supporting dog fighting? Give me a friggin' break...