Why are people so high on the Redskins?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

Many analysts are actually picking them to go into Seattle and upset the Seahawks! Have we already forgotten that this team went 9-7, barely squeeked into the playoffs, and have lost their best defensive player (Taylor)? I know they've won 4 in a row, but only 1 of those was impressive (NYG). Beating the Bears is nothing to boast about, and beating the Cowboys 2nd team is obviously expected. As for the Vikings, they showed their true colors down the stretch, looking terrible in a win against the Bears, then losing to the Vikings and Broncos to close out the season.

I think this is by far the worst team in the playoffs, and they'll show it this weekend in Seattle. Emotion can only get you so far. What say you?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

They beat the Cowboys first team. The Cowboys thought the Redskins game would let them get a few solid drives together and the Redskins squashed them each time.

They have a high caliber WR, TE, and RB. They have a QB that's not making mistakes. And they have a defense that's quick to get to the ball.

The Redskins got hot at the best possible time and chances are they're a very worthy opponent for the Seahawks.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
They're a hot team. And it's a completely different team with Collins at QB than Campbell. You can see the confidence the coaching staff has on Collins every game.
cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts

Many analysts are actually picking them to go into Seattle and upset the Seahawks! Have we already forgotten that this team went 9-7, barely squeeked into the playoffs, and have lost their best defensive player (Taylor)? I know they've won 4 in a row, but only 1 of those was impressive (NYG). Beating the Bears is nothing to boast about, and beating the Cowboys 2nd team is obviously expected. As for the Vikings, they showed their true colors down the stretch, looking terrible in a win against the Bears, then losing to the Vikings and Broncos to close out the season.

I think this is by far the worst team in the playoffs, and they'll show it this weekend in Seattle. Emotion can only get you so far. What say you?

murlow12

It will be a hard close game for sure. Matt Hasslebeck is a top 10 back in the league and is always consistent. Alexander has had a horrible year but he might make up for it in the playoffs. Qwest field is among the hardest to play in, they have some kind of acoustic system that re-feeds crowd noise into the speakers, saw the special on in on NFL network.

As far as the last four games, I have to disagree with you completely.They beat the Cowboys first team for the first 3 quarters and played complete lights out on them. Cowboys only pulled their starters when the skins were up by 20 or so, and cowboys had like 1 field goal. 20 to 3.Also the fact they held the cowboys to only 1 rushing yard is stone solid (A cowboys franchise record). Also, the Vikings game was won on the road in a very loud stadium, as well as the giants game as you mentioned.

As far as losing the best defensive player, Laron Landry, the skins 1st round pick 6 was moved into Taylors place, he has the same excellent coverage skills and tackling skills and is playing like sean, and Doughty was moves to Strong Safety and has really been playing well, helping out with the 1 total rushing yard in the cowboys game.

I think they will surpirse yet again this weekend. It's actually good that everyone thinks they suck, the skins actually play better in the position. As far as playing with emotion, you obvisouly don't have any redskins fans as friends, ask any and they'll let you know how much Seans death still hurts, I can only imagine how the players feel.

To all Seahawks fans about to post here, good luck this weekend and heres to a good game with no injuries!

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
What a joke. The Seattle Seahawks are the most inconsistent and mediocre playoff team, period. The Redskins dominated the Cowboys 1st team, they dominated the Vikings and Giants, too. Emotion can only get you so far? Yeah, thats why the Saints went 10-6 and went to the NFC title game last year. Emotion is what drives athletes to strive to do better. I can just about guarantee a Skins win this weekend. The Seahawks have an awful running attack, Hasselback is an average QB when hes forced to pass every play, and they don't exactly have any amazing recievers. They are in the worst division in football, of course they'll make the playoffs.
slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts
Momentum. Emotion. They're a feel good story. They have overcome crippling injuries and the tragic death of the heart and soul of their defense. America loves a feel good story. They're it this season.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
I think Washington will win because they are hot, and because Seatlle isn't that great of a team. I'd say they are good, but they play in an easy division, and only beat one team with a winning record this year, Tampa. The Redskins, while 9-7, had to play teams like Dallas and the Giants, twice, because of the division they are in. They were also matched up against NE. The game is in Seattle, which will give Seatlle some help. I think it'll be close, but I think Washington can pull the game out in the end. But, can they beat Green Bay or Dallas in the playoffs? I don't think so.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 murlow12
Wow, I can't believe you guys are all buying into this media frenzy. The Skins stink, and they'll prove it this weekend. Not much left to say until then.
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 goodlay

Wow, I can't believe you guys are all buying into this media frenzy. The Skins stink, and they'll prove it this weekend. Not much left to say until then.murlow12

Media frenzy? :| Ive watched all four of the games they won down the stretch.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 manningbowl135

Wow, I can't believe you guys are all buying into this media frenzy. The Skins stink, and they'll prove it this weekend. Not much left to say until then.murlow12

Maybe we watched the games and shocker! took a different view than you. I know. Amazing.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts
Yeah the Skins beat an injured Cowboys first team... wow. Skins won't make it far to the playoffs and ifsomehow they make it the Super Bowl we will only witness genocide once again.
HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts

Look at their strength of schedule. The Redskins had the 2nd hardest in the league while the Seahawks had by far the easiest in the league. And the Seahawks only won one more game. So I say the Redskins definetely have a chance to upset the Seahawks.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
The skins will show their true colours this weekend. Lets just say we wont be seeing their fans for a while.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#14 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Can see Alexander having a big day being the xfactor.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Seattle takes it by 2 tds.
skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

Anyone else find the Title funny? I lol'ed (yes I know what what TC intended but still)

Anyways, I'm voting for the Redskins even though they'll probly lose. Seattle is betta.

sunnystarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 sunnystarz
Member since 2007 • 1536 Posts

murlow12

unless you're a heartless SOB... you will love the Redskins, their Top Player (Sean Taylor) died DURING the season...and they still pull of a playoff spot

I'm rooting for the Redskins in this playoff.. I hope they win the Super Bowl

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Going into a playoff game with an unproven QB is difficult. ESPNs mike and mike gave a stat on how many playoff wins a new starting qb has in their first playoff game and it wasn't good. Let's see if Collins (if he starts), and V.Young (if he starts) can change that stat. I don't see the whole Redskins thing either. A lot of teams in the past have gone into the playoffs on a high only to end up falling flat in the playoffs. But hey, I guess any team has a chance on any given sunday/saturday. :)
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
[QUOTE="murlow12"]

sunnystarz

unless you're a heartless SOB... you will love the Redskins, their Top Player (Sean Taylor) died DURING the season...and they still pull of a playoff spot

Oh, I guess I'm a heartless SOB, because I still hate the 'Skins. I hope Seattle rips them a new one this weekend.

To be honest, I think Seattle wins. Everyone in here underestimates the Seahawks at home. Qwest field is possibly the hardest stadium to play in on the road, and I think Portis coughs the ball up once or twice in this game.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="murlow12"]

sunnystarz

Admire = like. I want them to lose and definitely no win the SB.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Hot when it counts, i think they'll roll the hawks.
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

Seattle might not even be in the playoffs if it wasn't for their crappy division and easy schedule. I definately like the Redskins this weekend. They're going in with all the momentum, and Seattle has become completely one dimensional this season. The Skins are playing much more balanced football. The offense has been moving the ball well with Collins and Portis, and the defense has been shutting teams down. In an NFC that has looked really open these past few weeks, I think they can go far.

darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
They are probably the hottest team in the NFC going into the playoffs and they have lots of people who are not normally Redskins fans (myself included) hoping that they win because of what they have gone through this season. However, I still think that the Seahawks will win by a touchdown.
mjwickstrom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mjwickstrom1
Member since 2005 • 20454 Posts

They are favored to go into Seatlle and win because of their run since the Sean Taylor tragedy. The tragedy has driven them to succeed even more in the remembrance of Sean, and so far that's worked to their advantage. They're riding high right now, and personally I don't think anything can stop them (at least in the Wild Card round; Dallas should beat them if they advance). I expect Seattle to play them well, but Washington will win it with a late fourth quarter score, and their defense will then shut down Hasslebeck, Morris, and the Seattle offense from then on.

Washington 20, Seattle 17

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts

What a joke. The Seattle Seahawks are the most inconsistent and mediocre playoff team, period. The Redskins dominated the Cowboys 1st team, they dominated the Vikings and Giants, too. Emotion can only get you so far? Yeah, thats why the Saints went 10-6 and went to the NFC title game last year. Emotion is what drives athletes to strive to do better. I can just about guarantee a Skins win this weekend. The Seahawks have an awful running attack, Hasselback is an average QB when hes forced to pass every play, and they don't exactly have any amazing recievers. They are in the worst division in football, of course they'll make the playoffs.goodlay

The hawks don't have emotion? As a seattlite i still feel upset about super bowl XL being stolen, and I'm sure the seahawks still do too. Look at the times when they've lost this season, other than one fluke game at home to the saints, and one road game to Arizona, they've lost because their road games were at 10:00 in the morning. East coast games might not be early for you, but here in Seattle I can't even watch them because I still at church. I gaurentee you that anytime the Seahawks are playing at a decent time of day, and especially when they are at home, the are one of the toughest teams to beat.

If you think that the Seahawks are all but out of it even when they're at home then you're gravely mistaken. Quote me on that.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 manningbowl135

[QUOTE="goodlay"]What a joke. The Seattle Seahawks are the most inconsistent and mediocre playoff team, period. The Redskins dominated the Cowboys 1st team, they dominated the Vikings and Giants, too. Emotion can only get you so far? Yeah, thats why the Saints went 10-6 and went to the NFC title game last year. Emotion is what drives athletes to strive to do better. I can just about guarantee a Skins win this weekend. The Seahawks have an awful running attack, Hasselback is an average QB when hes forced to pass every play, and they don't exactly have any amazing recievers. They are in the worst division in football, of course they'll make the playoffs.Acemaster27

The hawks don't have emotion? As a seattlite i still feel upset about super bowl XL being stolen, and I'm sure the seahawks still do too. Look at the times when they've lost this season, other than one fluke game at home to the saints, and one road game to Arizona, they've lost because their road games were at 10:00 in the morning. East coast games might not be early for you, but here in Seattle I can't even watch them because I still at church. I gaurentee you that anytime the Seahawks are playing at a decent time of day, and especially when they are at home, the are one of the toughest teams to beat.

If you think that the Seahawks are all but out of it even when they're at home then you're gravely mistaken. Quote me on that.

If they lose games b/c it's early in the day, they suck.

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Acemaster27
[QUOTE="Acemaster27"]

[QUOTE="goodlay"]What a joke. The Seattle Seahawks are the most inconsistent and mediocre playoff team, period. The Redskins dominated the Cowboys 1st team, they dominated the Vikings and Giants, too. Emotion can only get you so far? Yeah, thats why the Saints went 10-6 and went to the NFC title game last year. Emotion is what drives athletes to strive to do better. I can just about guarantee a Skins win this weekend. The Seahawks have an awful running attack, Hasselback is an average QB when hes forced to pass every play, and they don't exactly have any amazing recievers. They are in the worst division in football, of course they'll make the playoffs.manningbowl135

It's true though, every time they played at 10:00 in the morning they sucked and everytime they played later in the day they looked great.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Acemaster27"]

[QUOTE="goodlay"]What a joke. The Seattle Seahawks are the most inconsistent and mediocre playoff team, period. The Redskins dominated the Cowboys 1st team, they dominated the Vikings and Giants, too. Emotion can only get you so far? Yeah, thats why the Saints went 10-6 and went to the NFC title game last year. Emotion is what drives athletes to strive to do better. I can just about guarantee a Skins win this weekend. The Seahawks have an awful running attack, Hasselback is an average QB when hes forced to pass every play, and they don't exactly have any amazing recievers. They are in the worst division in football, of course they'll make the playoffs.Acemaster27

It's true though, every time they played at 10:00 in the morning they sucked and everytime they played later in the day they looked great.

Then they're screwed even if they get by the Skins.

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Acemaster27
[QUOTE="Acemaster27"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Acemaster27"]

[QUOTE="goodlay"]What a joke. The Seattle Seahawks are the most inconsistent and mediocre playoff team, period. The Redskins dominated the Cowboys 1st team, they dominated the Vikings and Giants, too. Emotion can only get you so far? Yeah, thats why the Saints went 10-6 and went to the NFC title game last year. Emotion is what drives athletes to strive to do better. I can just about guarantee a Skins win this weekend. The Seahawks have an awful running attack, Hasselback is an average QB when hes forced to pass every play, and they don't exactly have any amazing recievers. They are in the worst division in football, of course they'll make the playoffs.manningbowl135

No they're not because the next round is at 1:30 west coast time, the NFC championships are at 3:30 west coast time, and the Superbowl is at 3 west coast time.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

The Seahawks will whoop that ass.

Skins aren't winning in Qwest Field(Possibly the hardest stadium to play in in the entire league) with a backup QB. Not gonna happen. Their emotion will only take them so far.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 murlow12
The question now becomes "will Washington even score?" They absolutely stink, and I truly don't understand how you guys thought they had a chance with Collins at QB, on the road.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

The question now becomes "will Washington even score?" They absolutely stink, and I truly don't understand how you guys thought they had a chance with Collins at QB, on the road.murlow12

Its not Collins that is the problem right now; their O line is playing bad.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Acemaster27"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Acemaster27"]

No they're not because the next round is at 1:30 west coast time, the NFC championships are at 3:30 west coast time, and the Superbowl is at 3 west coast time.

Ooh you owned me.

darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darkodonnie
wow, I though the Sehawks would win, but I still expected the Redskins offense to do something 13-0 most of the way through the 3rd
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

The question now becomes "will Washington even score?" They absolutely stink, and I truly don't understand how you guys thought they had a chance with Collins at QB, on the road.murlow12

I wonder if we'll see those few cocky, overconfident Skins fans.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 murlow12

[QUOTE="murlow12"]The question now becomes "will Washington even score?" They absolutely stink, and I truly don't understand how you guys thought they had a chance with Collins at QB, on the road.D3s7rUc71oN

Maybe if they score right here. They just got bailed out by that PI on 4th and 1.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 manningbowl135
Wow. What a turnaround. Resilient.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 murlow12
[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]

[QUOTE="murlow12"]The question now becomes "will Washington even score?" They absolutely stink, and I truly don't understand how you guys thought they had a chance with Collins at QB, on the road.manningbowl135

Maybe if they score right here. They just got bailed out by that PI on 4th and 1.

It was a good call.

Of course, that's not what I meant. I meant the defender bailed them out by commiting the penalty. It was obvious PI.

On another note, how quickly things change. Redskins take the lead. If things don't change I'll be eating my words shortly.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 manningbowl135
Wow. Wow. Wow.
darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 darkodonnie
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]

[QUOTE="murlow12"]The question now becomes "will Washington even score?" They absolutely stink, and I truly don't understand how you guys thought they had a chance with Collins at QB, on the road.murlow12

It was a good call.

Of course, that's not what I meant. I meant the defender bailed them out by commiting the penalty. It was obvious PI.

On another note, how quickly things change. Redskins take the lead. If things don't change I'll be eating my words shortly.

Same here, they just got the ball back on the kicoff! I can't believe how quickly this game has turned around.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 manningbowl135
Interception. Wow. Landry is amazing.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 murlow12
Okay, order is restored in the world. Enjoy your offseason, Washington.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
*sigh* right when I thought the Redskins were getting ready to do something.......
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 goodlay
The missed FG turned the whole game around. The Redskins offensive line just didn't get it done, Collins played decent until the end, his recievers dropped a good amount of passes. All around not a good performance, the Seahawks defense won the game for them, they had a great performance.
N15PCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 N15PCA
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts

When the Redskins and Pittsburgh both lose in the playoffs in the same day, has a Cowboys fan you can't ask for anything else more than that.

I well say that if Dallas dosen't start playing better they might be in that spot that Redskins and Pittsburgh are in right now next weekend.

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Acemaster27
Well, its off to GB for my seahawks. I think next week is a coin toss. If hass throws well (and doesn't get intercepted) , the Seahawks average 5 ypc, and they sack farve 3 or more times, they could win. Its a coin toss right now, but slightly in GBs favor.
riseagnstfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 riseagnstfan
Member since 2007 • 1081 Posts
redskins really screwed it up in the end
F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts

The skins will show their true colours this weekend. Lets just say we wont be seeing their fans for a while. F1Lengend

And I lovee it...And I loooooooove it...

HAHAH