who likes the yankees?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ct1257860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 0

#1 ct1257860
Member since 2006 • 4441 Posts
I DO!
d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts
I think the casual fan likes the Yankees. I really don't like baseball but I keep up with the Yankees b/c they always have so much drama it seems. From the front office all the way down.
Avatar image for Powerhitter0418
Powerhitter0418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Powerhitter0418
Member since 2006 • 1950 Posts
I don't
kevo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 kevo14
Member since 2006 • 1634 Posts

I don'tPowerhitter0418

I bet you don't like real madrid ethier :)

Avatar image for Powerhitter0418
Powerhitter0418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Powerhitter0418
Member since 2006 • 1950 Posts

[QUOTE="Powerhitter0418"]I don'tkevo14

I bet you don't like real madrid ethier :)

Unlike a lot of Barca fans I respect them.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I'm a fan of the Yankees, but they stink right now :(
piper77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 piper77
Member since 2003 • 2245 Posts

I'm a fan of the Yankees, but they stink right now :(Flame_Blade88

:D

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]I'm a fan of the Yankees, but they stink right now :(piper77

:D

i wonder what your team is :? ;)

I'll admit yankees are a good team when playing well.

but im not a huge fan of yankees. i a red sox fan :D

MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts
like the yankees.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Always have, always will.
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
i like when there getting beat to death...:evil:
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
you know who likes the yankees? the rockies.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
I'm a Blue Jays fan so I can't stand the Yankees or the Red Sox.
Cgibson002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cgibson002
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I am a Atlanta Braves fan I hate the yankees they have so many good players but they have aterrible team.
YankzFan213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 YankzFan213
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I obviously love the Yankees. :D

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
I've been a Yankees fan my whole life, through the good and the bad.
rootcactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rootcactus
Member since 2004 • 2899 Posts

Always have, always will.Rhazakna

Same here.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Always have, always will.rootcactus

Same here.

In Jeter We Trust...

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
I always have been a Yanks fan. Im a New Yorker and my dad is a fan so that is how I got into them.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
I never have and never will; same with the Red Sox for that matter. Unless you have lived in New York or Massachusetts at one time, there is no reason for anyone to be fan of those teams. It makes me sick seeing those teams' colors at A's' and Giants' games.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

I never have and never will; same with the Red Sox for that matter. Unless you have lived in New York or Massachusetts at one time, there is no reason for anyone to be fan of those teams. It makes me sick seeing those teams' colors at A's' and Giants' games.Renegade_Fury

for sure. when the yanks were playing the rockies this past week, all three games were sold out, mainly because of all the bandwagon yankee fans that come out of the woodwork, most of whom have probably never been east of the mississippi.

cwalters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cwalters
Member since 2003 • 2317 Posts
I like them, but I get sick of hearing about them, Im a REDS fan so u can understand, I like the mets too, but I like the ny teams, except the giants, cuz my wife is from nyc, and we go back up there quite a bit
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wavebrid

I never have and never will; same with the Red Sox for that matter. Unless you have lived in New York or Massachusetts at one time, there is no reason for anyone to be fan of those teams. It makes me sick seeing those teams' colors at A's' and Giants' games.Renegade_Fury

so i cant like a team from a diffrent state i was born in Ct and raise in New hampshire and i am boston fan got a problem with that :?

it makes me sick you think its not right to like another team from out of state where you grew up or was born in :|

odamkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#25 odamkevin
Member since 2005 • 436 Posts
i do
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]I never have and never will; same with the Red Sox for that matter. Unless you have lived in New York or Massachusetts at one time, there is no reason for anyone to be fan of those teams. It makes me sick seeing those teams' colors at A's' and Giants' games.wavebrid

so i cant like a team from a diffrent state i was born in Ct and raise in New hampshire and i am boston fan got a problem with that :?

it makes me sick you think its not right to like another team from out of state where you grew up or was born in :|

I'm talking about people from states that have at least one team if that makes you feel better. :roll:

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]I never have and never will; same with the Red Sox for that matter. Unless you have lived in New York or Massachusetts at one time, there is no reason for anyone to be fan of those teams. It makes me sick seeing those teams' colors at A's' and Giants' games.Renegade_Fury

I'm talking about people from states that have at least one team if that makes you feel better. :roll:

what dose it matter. some people can new york can live red sox. and some people in new hampshire can like yankees... there nothing wrong or than can like blue jays or devil ways tigers.... it dosent matter how or where you grow up.

whatever your team is which from any state. you shouldnt base it on state alone

baseballSGFkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 baseballSGFkid
Member since 2007 • 1563 Posts
I liked them sense I wasborn and until I die
mxd73711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mxd73711
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts
I've never liked the Yankees, but as of late, I've found that I can respect a few of their players, such as Jeter, Posada, and Pettite.  Still, I can't stand the rest of em, plus I can't like a team with the biggest payroll.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]I never have and never will; same with the Red Sox for that matter. Unless you have lived in New York or Massachusetts at one time, there is no reason for anyone to be fan of those teams. It makes me sick seeing those teams' colors at A's' and Giants' games.romocop33

for sure. when the yanks were playing the rockies this past week, all three games were sold out, mainly because of all the bandwagon yankee fans that come out of the woodwork, most of whom have probably never been east of the mississippi.

Nop, its because of all those fake Rockies fans who go to the park when something close to remble a team comes around(the Yanks).

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Renegade_Fury
[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]I never have and never will; same with the Red Sox for that matter. Unless you have lived in New York or Massachusetts at one time, there is no reason for anyone to be fan of those teams. It makes me sick seeing those teams' colors at A's' and Giants' games.wavebrid

what dose it matter. some people can new york can live red sox. and some people in new hampshire can like yankees... there nothing wrong or than can like blue jays or devil ways tigers.... it dosent matter how or where you grow up.

Maybe you don't understand something. You live in New England. The teams around you are in the AL East. Thus the teams you should be rooting for are in that division. For guys like us out in California for example, we don't give a damn what goes on out there. The teams we have are in the Western division are the A's, Giants, Dodgers etc. Thus when a **** load of people wear yankee and red sox gear at our stadiums it pisses us off, because we know the vast majority of them are just bandwaggoners. Most of them probably don't even know the first thing about baseball, and yet they think by wearing yankee and red sox apparel it must make them look cool. You probably have no idea what it's like to hear about that God damn one sided yankee/red sox rivalry everyday on Sports Center, when you honestly don't give a **** about it. There are 28 other teams in baseball, and it offends us true fans when people tend to act like there are only two.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 UssjTrunks
[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

Sure it does. That means you're not a true fan of the sport, you're only cheering for the team that wins most often. I understand if you have respect for an out-of-town team, but having them as your favourite shows insecurity. I'm always a fan of my hometown team first, everything else comes second.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rhazakna
[QUOTE="wavebrid"][QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]I never have and never will; same with the Red Sox for that matter. Unless you have lived in New York or Massachusetts at one time, there is no reason for anyone to be fan of those teams. It makes me sick seeing those teams' colors at A's' and Giants' games.Renegade_Fury

Maybe you don't understand something. You live in New England. The teams around you are in the AL East. Thus the teams you should be rooting for are in that division. For guys like us out in California for example, we don't give a damn what goes on out there. The teams we have are in the Western division are the A's, Giants, Dodgers etc. Thus when a **** load of people wear yankee and red sox gear at our stadiums it pisses us off, because we know the vast majority of them are just bandwaggoners. Most of them probably don't even know the first thing about baseball, and yet they think by wearing yankee and red sox apparel it must make them look cool. You probably have no idea what it's like to hear about that God damn one sided yankee/red sox rivalry everyday on Sports Center, when you honestly don't give a **** about it. There are 28 other teams in baseball, and it offends us true fans when people tend to act like there are only two.

You have no idea how many fans actually like the team. I'm in CA at the moment, I went to the Giants/Yanks game the other day. I'm sure if youwere there, you would've thought I was a "bandwagoner" :roll:

The phrase "daon't judge a book by it's cover" may be cliche, but it's still true.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rhazakna
[QUOTE="wavebrid"][QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]I never have and never will; same with the Red Sox for that matter. Unless you have lived in New York or Massachusetts at one time, there is no reason for anyone to be fan of those teams. It makes me sick seeing those teams' colors at A's' and Giants' games.UssjTrunks

Sure it does. That means you're not a true fan of the sport, you're only cheering for the team that wins most often. I understand if you have respect for an out-of-town team, but having them as your favourite shows insecurity. I'm always a fan of my hometown team first, everything else comes second.

That's not necesarily true at all. A friend of mine from Brooklyn has always, and will always root for the Astros. I fail to see how thyat makes him a bandwagoner, especially considering both NY teams are way better than Houston.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Renegade_Fury
[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Rhazakna

You have no idea how many fans actually like the team. I'm in CA at the moment, I went to the Giants/Yanks game the other day. I'm sure if youwere there, you would've thought I was a "bandwagoner" :roll:

The phrase "daon't judge a book by it's cover" may be cliche, but it's still true.

key word

Everyday I go to campus, I see people wearing Yank hats just so they can look like their favorite rap star. :roll:

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 UssjTrunks
[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"][QUOTE="wavebrid"][QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]I never have and never will; same with the Red Sox for that matter. Unless you have lived in New York or Massachusetts at one time, there is no reason for anyone to be fan of those teams. It makes me sick seeing those teams' colors at A's' and Giants' games.Rhazakna

That's not necesarily true at all. A friend of mine from Brooklyn has always, and will always root for the Astros. I fail to see how thyat makes him a bandwagoner, especially considering both NY teams are way better than Houston.

I guess that's acceptable. Cheering for a team that's not winning all the time shows you have appreciation for the game. Those cases are usually rare though.

cwalters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cwalters
I root for the reds hardcore, and you see where they are at every year, even though they should have the best offense in the national league, they need to get a freakin' bullpin already sick of this crap!
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 wavebrid

Where dose it say in the true fan sports you got to like a team in al.. and no care for nl team across teh contury :roll:

your a true fan if you understand baseball and like it.

:|

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wavebrid

Rhazakna

thanks man that helps too!

cwalters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cwalters

uhhhh, your in neighboring states duh, who else u gonna like?

he is talking about people from the rest of the country that don't really care about the yankees or redsox

the rest of the u.s., aside from handful of bandwagon jumpers hate those teams, so get over it, the world dosen't revolve around the new england area

Tking1293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#41 Tking1293
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
I do, and I also believe that A-Rod is the next home-run king.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]I never have and never will; same with the Red Sox for that matter. Unless you have lived in New York or Massachusetts at one time, there is no reason for anyone to be fan of those teams. It makes me sick seeing those teams' colors at A's' and Giants' games.cwalters

uhhhh, your in neighboring states duh, who else u gonna like?

he is talking about people from the rest of the country that don't really care about the yankees or redsox

the rest of the u.s., aside from handful of bandwagon jumpers hate those teams, so get over it, the world dosen't revolve around the new england area

:roll: that aboustly dosent mean one cent to me. i dont give a rat *** if its 6 two two days to get there.

my other team is LA Dongers :|

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wavebrid

I do, and I also believe that A-Rod is the next home-run king.Tking1293

:lol: are god i hope you kidding... wait you got to be :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts
I don't. How could anyone like a team that consistently uses their vast amounts of money, which by the way is more money than any other major league team, to pluck the best players away from poorer teams to beef up its roster year after year and still under-perform. Beyond pathetic.
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
I do, and I also believe that A-Rod is the next home-run king.Tking1293
he could be, but whos to say hes guna stay with the yanks, since his first year playing it seems like every year after that they've been talking about him leaving
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 UssjTrunks

[QUOTE="Tking1293"]I do, and I also believe that A-Rod is the next home-run king.wavebrid

:lol: are god i hope you kidding... wait you got to be :lol:

He speaks the truth, but A-Rod's fame will be short lived because Pujols will be there to shatter the record yet again.

rabidwolf86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rabidwolf86
Member since 2004 • 743 Posts
old but: giants beat the yankees!
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Renegade_Fury

old but: giants beat the yankees!rabidwolf86

Man, I almost had tickets for the second and third game too. :evil:

jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jeebuscrust
Member since 2004 • 5571 Posts
Wait people are saying A Rod is not the home run king? I'm a Red Sox fan but at least I can admit when he retires he will probably be in the top 5 of all time. He is really our only hope right now to beat Bonds.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
rootin' for the yankees is like rootin for Brad Pitt to get laid.