Super Mario Williams Diserved is number 1 pick last year.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts

Reggie Bush and Vince Young are flops.

Reggie Bush: Career stats after two seasons in the league: 1146 rushing yards, 1159 receiving yards, 3.7 YPC, 14 total TD's

lmao should've been #1 pick lmao

Vince Young: Career stats after two seasons in the league: 4231 passing yards,56.5 comp%,66.8 Qb rat,156.7 PYG,19TD 29int, 18 fumbles,

Mario Williams: Career stats after two seasons in the league 100 total tacks, 72 solo, 28ast, 17.5sacks, and 4 Pass Def.(waits for a commercial with Mario Williams saying thanks for taking me at number 1)

Maurice Jones Drew in 2 seasons:
1572 rushing yards and 21 rushing TD's at 5.2 yards per carry
696 receiving yards and 2 receiving TD's at 9.5 yards per reception
1595 kick return yards and 2 kick return TD's

lol at Reggie Bush's 3.7 yard per carry

it was funny seeing peoples reactions to the pick 1 year ago, but like i said when he got picked that the man needs to develop at his position he wont make an impact his first year. Id compare Adrian Peterson to Bush but yea no comparison

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

last time I checked, the nfl was like any other business. The one goal in business is to make a profit. You make a hell of a lot of revenue from merchandise. D lineman don't usually sell jerseys/other misc. merch. (Peppers, Taylor, Sapp?)

Running backs and QBs are the the most popular positions, Bush and Young were two of the most popular college players. Put 2 and 2 together.

(keep in mind wins/losses is a wash because none of those teams are going anywhere this year, and most likely for awhile)

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Teams don't pick players based on their popularity. They pick them based on what they need to win. Teams want championships.
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
yah its seems to work out very well for them now, but still when you have the number one overall pick in the draft you should take the best player, regardless
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#5 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Well Season 1 went to Bush, season 2 goes to Williams, who wins season 3?
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts

The way Williams played last night justifies him being the #1 overall pick. He's second in the NFL in sacks (with 13.0), too.

IMO, Bush and Young aren't busts.

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

Which way blows the wind?

Anyway, he's had a good year. Last year, it was Reggie with the good year. I'd say they've both justified their picks. A toss up between one and the other. Never a need to be motivated by what the media says and use that against them.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

Mario seems like he'll be a great player. Bush right now is a good player who can catch better than most RBs and a good offensive threat. I think when he learns to utilize his speed and athleticism and plays a sort of a wild game, he'll be really good. Young, well he's not very good right now, but he's a quarterback, so who knows.

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts

last time I checked, the nfl was like any other business. The one goal in business is to make a profit. You make a hell of a lot of revenue from merchandise. D lineman don't usually sell jerseys/other misc. merch. (Peppers, Taylor, Sapp?)

Running backs and QBs are the the most popular positions, Bush and Young were two of the most popular college players. Put 2 and 2 together.

(keep in mind wins/losses is a wash because none of those teams are going anywhere this year, and most likely for awhile)

skullkrusher13

That's from the perspective of an owner only. From the standpoint of a GM and coach, who would have the most say in the draft picks, the main goal is to win.
Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts

Maurice Jones Drew in 2 seasons:
1572 rushing yards and 21 rushing TD's at 5.2 yards per carry
696 receiving yards and 2 receiving TD's at 9.5 yards per reception
1595 kick return yards and 2 kick return TD's

NetYankEagle

Mojo the pinball, the one man wrecking crew!

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
Nine sacks in three games? Hell yeah he deserved the number one tag.
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
It's a little early to call anyone a bust. But the dazzling stuff that Reggie did in college doesn't really work in the NFL. I think he could become as good a multi-threat asRoger Craig was in his day. As for Vince give him a little time, I saw a game maybe three weeks back where he was making some great throws and decisions only to have about six balls dropped.
ruff_edgz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 ruff_edgz
Member since 2003 • 1280 Posts

No matter how well Mario Williams was going to do this season in the NFL, I still feel they picked the right person for the job (him or Bush should have been picked).

We can all argue that Mario isn't as talented as Vince or Reggie B. bnut a team isn't going to pick a player just because he is popular with the fans (I take that back, Detroit does that every year :evil: ), they pick players that will help their organization win games and maybe a championship.

I was shocked at the time with the #1 pick but after looking at their roster the next day, their Defese needed from revamping as much as their offense did (line wise). Since giving away Carr, Houston had a young QB by the name of Matt Schaub from Virgina (2004) so Vince wasn't going to be picked there. Houston has been struggling in the running game (before Ahman Green was picked up from Green Bay) so Bush could have been a nice addition to their running game. When it was all said and done, Houston thought of the Defense being an area that needed work and its paying off now ;)

Oh well, I do hope he continues to do well since he seems to be a hard worker and wants to win :D

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
id say jones-drew had the best stats
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Yeah last years draft really worked out last year. But Vince Youngs stats are just sad.
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts

Mario seems like he'll be a great player. Bush right now is a good player who can catch better than most RBs and a good offensive threat. I think when he learns to utilize his speed and athleticism and plays a sort of a wild game, he'll be really good. Young, well he's not very good right now, but he's a quarterback, so who knows.

manningbowl135

Yes, your right. I think Reggie should copy the game of Brian Westbrook, cause they look a lot alike.

Mario is good, but I think we need to hold up on giving him the key to Houston. Lets see if he can keep this up next year. He may not be able to, just like Reggie wasn't able to recreate the magic he created in his rookie year.

When it comes to Vince Young, the only reason he's having trouble this year is because he was on the cover of Madden...duh.

AgileNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AgileNate
Member since 2003 • 2999 Posts

I hate when I hear business. Yes its a business on their side but we the fans watch and play a SPORT. I hope people dont forget that word. As it is they make so much while tickets and gear cost a whole paycheck.

On topic: I am happy for Mario Williams as he seems to be very respectable.

cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts

Vince Young = Madden Cursed?

I liked watching him last year, good player having a rough year, probably another victim of the curse, sure he'll do better next season.

Football a business? Who sells the most jerseys? Sure the most popular/best pick is what's picked, but how do the clubs earn their money? By winning, and through the fans,in essence every fan is a part owner of a team, becausewe pay off the clubs earnings.

HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts

Vince Young = Madden Cursed?

cvasquez311

Not really, he sucked last year too.

He had more INTS than TDs, and was last in QB rating last year.

antonius05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 antonius05
Member since 2005 • 849 Posts

Well Mario Williams is no Patrick Willis, but if you compare him to what Vince Young and Reggie Bush have done their career ... the Texans made the right choice. That was one bleak draft...

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

Well Mario Williams is no Patrick Willis, but if you compare him to what Vince Young and Reggie Bush have done their career ... the Texans made the right choice. That was one bleak draft...

antonius05

Judging it after one year? And Mario is second in the league in sacks. Second. Mario is probably a pro bowler and maybe even an all-pro. The quarterbacks still have to be given time. Young like QBs take time to develop, Leinart hasn't played much and Cutler has been playing well. Hawk is turning out like a star. Ferguson admittedly sucks right now. Vernon Davis is having a good year, especially considering the offense he's in. That' draft so far hasn't been shabby.

d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts
Ya, hes making alot of people look dumb for counting him out, including myself. But just as he came up this year, he could go down. Nonetheless, I think it is great he is doing well for the Texans and remaining humble when he could be pissed everyone was hating on him last year.