Red Sox and their fans....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts

Boston can look at this trade by saying Manny is getting old and Bay is better for the future, but is it really necessary? Boston has won 2 championships in the past 4 years, and they have had years of consecutive sell outs at Fenway; in other words, all that should really matter in Boston is the spirit.

I can only imagine what the next home game is going to be like with all the booing. Sure David Ortiz and Beckett represent the franchise, but when you hear Red Sox, you think of Manny, so why did the Red Sox give up what really matters in Boston, the fun of playing?

squitsquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 squitsquat
Member since 2005 • 1990 Posts

Boston can look at this trade by saying Manny is getting old and Bay is better for the future, but is it really necessary? Boston has won 2 championships in the past 4 years, and they have had years of consecutive sell outs at Fenway; in other words, all that should really matter in Boston is the spirit.

I can only imagine what the next home game is going to be like with all the booing. Sure David Ortiz and Beckett represent the franchise, but when you hear Red Sox, you think of Manny, so why did the Red Sox give up what really matters in Boston, the fun of playing?

RyuHayabusaX
they are tired of him...
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts
Damn you guys took our jason bay.... :cry:
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
Actually when I hear Red Sox, I think of Ortiz. Different people I guess.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

The Sox didn't give up... Manny did. They had to trade him because he was bringing the club house down and made it clear he didn't want to play for the Sox.

Actually when I hear Red Sox, I think of Ortiz. Different people I guess.manningbowl135

Yeah me too.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
^Lol oh here comes the Sox fans turning on Manny. "Oh he quit!" lol but before it was "Oh its just Manny being Manny!". Cute.
hmac777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hmac777
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts
Everyone here is happy he was gone like you said its the spirit that matters, and guess what? Manny's personality was absolutly killing the team, fans were booing him, apparently (according to Peter Gammons) caused Tito to lose weight over stress, made the management and the team lose focus on winning games and invest all their energy in his BS. Manny being Manny was when he would take a call or high-five a fan: both playful silly things. But now he was holding the team hostage, and like he said, the :Red Sox of tired of me, Im tired of them". Everyone is sentimental about what he did for this team, and i wouldnt be surprised if he continued to thrive in LA, but he was killing the Sox and it was time for it to end
dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
Bay's no spring chicken himself, he's 30. His numbers actually declined last year, and this year he's hitting 215. with RISP. Manny is still the best right handed batter in the game. Anyone trying to spin this trade is dellusional.
hmac777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hmac777

Bay's no spring chicken himself, he's 30. His numbers actually declined last year, and this year he's hitting 215. with RISP. Manny is still the best right handed batter in the game. Anyone trying to spin this trade is dellusional. dru26

As a one for one objective trade, clearly Manny outshines Bay drastically, theres no arguing about that. But do you know what its been like here? The team, the managment, the players, everyone was plagued by Manny these last few weeks. For every offensive plus he added, he hurt others ability to play or focus on winning. Bay can't replace him solely on an offensive level, but with Manny gone the team can start to focus on whats important again. Im not saying its a good trade per se, but its one that had to happen

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#10 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

^Lol oh here comes the Sox fans turning on Manny. "Oh he quit!" lol but before it was "Oh its just Manny being Manny!". Cute.Espurs117

Yeah now they will be thinking like the rest of us. :lol:

Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11 baseballboy6411
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

The Sox didn't give up... Manny did. They had to trade him because he was bringing the club house down and made it clear he didn't want to play for the Sox.

[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]Actually when I hear Red Sox, I think of Ortiz. Different people I guess.RoslindaleOne

Yeah me too.

Yup.

msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]^Lol oh here comes the Sox fans turning on Manny. "Oh he quit!" lol but before it was "Oh its just Manny being Manny!". Cute.mrgab

What a true statement Espurs117. Amazing how a change of uniform can change everyone's opinion of a guy. I was surprised to see them make that deal though. He was my favorite Red Sock.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

RyuHayabusaX

There was a lot more that went down this time around than Manny just going into the green monster and getting lost for 5 minutes during a pitching change. Manny being Manny is something that everyone I think even the Red Sox organization hasn't really minded throughout the years. What really got to them this time, is his confrontations with team mates and the upper management, which was unprofessional if you ask me. The bottom line is he got mad and all pissy that the Red Sox would not give him a new contract worth big dollars, which in reality they didn't have to in the first place. They were already doling out $20 mil a year as is, so why give a 36 year old player who is clearly not what he use to be (He still is indeed a force, but no where near 03-04 material) A-Rod like money? Its just not wise and was not a good business decision if they did.

The bottom line is that he was becoming a distraction and they were fearing that he was not going to play to the fullest extent for the rest of the year and just complain that he is injured. It is what it is, I appreciate all the good stuff that he did here while he was in Boston and for all the laughs

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]^Lol oh here comes the Sox fans turning on Manny. "Oh he quit!" lol but before it was "Oh its just Manny being Manny!". Cute.mrgab

If you only were here in Boston and knew what he did you would understand why a lot of people are upset with him. The guy complains he is injured during a huge series against the Yankees and sits out when clearly he wasn't injuried at all, hence why the Sox were going to fine him if he didn't play. I personally don't care that he stood at the play to watch a homerun or the fact that he didn't bomb down to first base (Considering half the league doesn't do it either if they know its going to be an out or a single). Some of that stuff is nit picky, but the actions that he did in fact show over the last two months is just unprofessional and disappointing.

whatever9992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 whatever9992
Member since 2008 • 167 Posts

Bay's no spring chicken himself, he's 30. His numbers actually declined last year, and this year he's hitting 215. with RISP. Manny is still the best right handed batter in the game. Anyone trying to spin this trade is dellusional. dru26

Bay had a lot of nagging injuries last year.

29 year olds aren't declining. 36 year olds are.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

I'd put Pujols and A-rod over him any day.

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts

[QUOTE="dru26"]Bay's no spring chicken himself, he's 30. His numbers actually declined last year, and this year he's hitting 215. with RISP. Manny is still the best right handed batter in the game. Anyone trying to spin this trade is dellusional. whatever9992

Bay had a lot of nagging injuries last year.

29 year olds aren't declining. 36 year olds are.

Manny hit a number of HRs and knocked in 30+ RBIs against the Yankees last year. That's declining? The next big game Bay plays in, will be his first.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

[QUOTE="dru26"]Bay's no spring chicken himself, he's 30. His numbers actually declined last year, and this year he's hitting 215. with RISP. Manny is still the best right handed batter in the game. Anyone trying to spin this trade is dellusional. manningbowl135

Manny has been so clutch for the red sox regular season, and most importantly he has always come up BIG in the playoffs. i'll take manny any day because he produces when it counts

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

[QUOTE="dru26"]Bay's no spring chicken himself, he's 30. His numbers actually declined last year, and this year he's hitting 215. with RISP. Manny is still the best right handed batter in the game. Anyone trying to spin this trade is dellusional. andyboiii

Manny has been so clutch for the red sox regular season, and most importantly he has always come up BIG in the playoffs. i'll take manny any day because he produces when it counts

I would take Pujols or Arod any day over Manny, as I'm sure most baseball fans would. Pujols produces when it counts too, and so does Arod in the regular season.
SavedLungs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SavedLungs
Member since 2008 • 455 Posts
They gave him up because he wants to get out of boston. He think he didn't get treated rightly was main reason he left.
hmac777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hmac777
Im sorry but ive talked to guys around the states, school friends and such, and they dont seem to really comprehend what was going on with Manny and the Sox. No one minded Manny being Manny, we liked at best and accepted at worst the fact that he was quirky, would go into the wall, high five guys etc. What happened over the last few weeks was different, it wasn;t manny being manny, it was manny being a bully, bringing the team moral down, assaulting and 65 year old man, losing his friendship and the respect of every player, coach and managerial figure on the team.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
[QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

[QUOTE="dru26"]Bay's no spring chicken himself, he's 30. His numbers actually declined last year, and this year he's hitting 215. with RISP. Manny is still the best right handed batter in the game. Anyone trying to spin this trade is dellusional. UssjTrunks

I would take Pujols or Arod any day over Manny, as I'm sure most baseball fans would. Pujols produces when it counts too, and so does Arod in the regular season.

keyword regular season. I'd rather have a guy who can produce in the regular season AS WELL as the playoffs